• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bob$ Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Prelude
Hello Doctor Mario players (and anybody else browsing the Doc forums...)! Well the time has finally come for me to spread the word on the Bob$ Fan Club! That's right, he has his very own fan club. Originating right from the source, the Bob$ Fan Club started on a windy day in the Bay Area on June 4th, 2005. That was the day of a San Francisco smash tournament hosted by Shaba Games (subsidiary of Activision) called B4N, or Battle for Norcal.

A young and humble [former] Peach player by the name of Zivilyn Bane showed up to this tournament to compete. While he had already met and played other members of DBR (also great), he had yet to meet the famed Doctor Mario Legend, Bob Money. Nor did he have any hopes of seeing him on this day, for Bob Money was not scheduled to be in attendance, he had to work that day.

As far as the eye could see, Super Smash Brothers Melee was being played and fun was being had. Shaba Games was considerate enough to provide a massive 25 television sets for this event, which made for an extreme amount of tournament matches and friendlies to be held at the same time (take that MLG!). As you can imagine, with all those TVs and Norcal smash players, the noise level grew to a decibel amount higher than anything heard before. Until...

Alas! The Norcal powerhouse crew known as DBR had finally arrived and silence swept across the building. Among their ranks were legendary players such as Zelgadis, TheGerm, MikeNasty, ClodZero, PerpetualZero, and OH MY GOD BOB MONEY!!!

That's right people, the man quit his job JUST to attend the Super Smash Brothers Melee tournament.

Anyways....to make a long story short. The tournament became the stuff of legends. Zelgadis walked away with the first prize. DBR members were 6 of the top 7 final standings. The tournament was also the debut of future DBR member and Jiggly Puff GOD The King.

The most grand of occasions though, was the gift of knowledge Bob Money gave to a fellow smash player. Bob Money taught young Zivilyn Bane how to L-Cancel and how to DI.

The impression was certainly made, and Zivilyn Bane vowed to let the world know of this great man, and started a fan club....The Bob$ Fan Club.

It's FREE to Join!
That's right! This is no scam people, this is the real deal. All you have to do to join is post in this topic with your name, gamertag, location, favorite SSBM character, why you love Bob Money, and you're officially in!

Why Join?
Besides the obvious benefits and perks of being a known fan of Bob Money, I will be updating this thread with random Bob Money "FUN FACTS" and Bob Money "TRIVIA". Only members can participate, so join now!

Bob Money FUN FACTS (1-22-07)
1. Bob Money's IQ is 181, 1 point higher than famed chemist Albert Einstein.
2. Bob Money actually created the original character model for SSBMs Doctor Mario.
3. Bob Money is the youngest person to have ever been in outer space.
(don't forget to check here for updates!)

Bob Money TRIVIA! (1-22-07)
1. At the aforementioned tournament B4N (Battle for Norcal), what place did Bob Money get?
2. Bob Money teamed with which Las Vegas smash player to get 3rd at MLG LA 2005 teams?
3. What famous Doctor Mario edgeguard finisher was named after Bob Money?
(don't forget to check here for updates!)

TRIVIA Standings (as of 1-22-07)
1. Zoap 2 points
2. NealDT 1 point

Current Members List
1. Tag :ZivilynBane
Name: Michael
Favorite SSBM Character: Samus
Why I love Bob Money: He taught me how to L-Cancel and DI. He also prevented me from starving at MLG Anaheim. He's also a good guy and a great smash player.

2. Tag: Aftermath
Name: James
Character: Samus
Reasons: Bob$ makes any car ride too good, has crazy good advice, and is like one of the nicest people ever.

3. Tag: Zoap
Name: Peter
Character: Peach
Reasons: This man taught me almost everything about competitive smash and if I had not met him(and he taken the time to help me along with countless others) I woulda quit a long time ago.

4. Tag: nealdt
Character: Ice Climbers
Reasons: he is indeed one of the nicest people ever, always giving an enthusiastic hello to you even though you're just some random noob with nothing to your name.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Tag: Aftermath
Name: James
Character: Samus
Reasons: Bob$ makes any car ride too good, has crazy good advice, and is like one of the nicest people ever.

Zoap

Smash Master
Tag: Zoap
Name: Peter
Character: Peach
Reasons: This man taught me almost everything about competitive smash and if I had not met him(and he taken the time to help me along with countless others) I woulda quit a long time ago.

BOB$ TRIVIA ANSWERS!!:
1. Bob$ got 4th, Behind Zelgadis, GERM and Tang. Although he beat GERM in a set of 3 which is what they were suppose to do, they were told originally to play a set 5. In the end Bob let GERM go on though.
2. A fox player, umm ill try and think of the name but they got third ZOMG
3. Its the MONEY SHOT!!!!

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
ZOMG I KNOW THE ANSWER TO #2.

It was Cloud Squall!

Tag: nealdt
Character: Ice Climbers
Reasons: he is indeed one of the nicest people ever, always giving an enthusiastic hello to you even though you're just some random noob with nothing to your name.

The GERM

Smash Ace
20 reasons why Bob Money will have my children:

Tag: The GERM
Character: Link
Reasons: 1. Bob's is the most down to earth person I've ever met
2. He will never brag about his skill unless he's joking, incredibly modest
3. He's always himself, anywhere.
4. His appreciation for dumb sh** is jaw dropping, but always funny
5. He gives incredible constructive criticism and advice
6. He'll play anyone, scrub, noob, and pros alike
7. He's singe handedely responsible for teaching DBR's King everything he knows about smash, even his mindgames.
8. He'll tell everyone his secrets and strats with insane enthusiasm
9. His Doc is god-like
10. He always looks dirty and doesn't give a sh**
11. He always gives me free coffee at his work
12. He's the best person to travel with
13. He's incredibely trustworthy, and someone you can talk to about anything.
14. He always looks on the bright side
15. He's the funniest drunk
16. He has the weirdest hard laugh
17. He'll get incredibly excited over combos you're doing on HIM during a match
18. He'll never tell you, you suck at smash
19. All his secondaries are top notch
20. He's the best middle-eastern smasher ever and a good friend

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Global Rules said:
7. Special Topic Rules Topics concerning members of Smash World will be closed. The reason being is because we've had issues in the past where the feelings of members have been hurt or people have gotten angry, etc. Also, topics that simply compile useless information will be closed.
. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom