• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bionis - Shulk Discord Server - Join!

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I've mained Shulk since I got the game and want to see what other Shulk mains think of my play. And because I'm obsessed with Xenoblade... Anyways, it'd be cool to join! My name in Discord is Nevy.
Hey! This sounds good so far, but you did miss something written in the rules! You will see what I mean :)

[AC] CrownlessKing

Smash Rookie
NNID
JohntheKING
3DS FC
4313-0092-0503
Hello people, my goal is to be one of the legendary shulk mains in smash 4. Xenoblade Chronicles has remained at the top of my favorite video games list and since his reveal in smash leading up to now I've committed myself to the Monado and its power. I would like to learn even more ways to "Really Feel It"

Discord name is CrownlessKing

(as is spelt in this post)

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Hello people, my goal is to be one of the legendary shulk mains in smash 4. Xenoblade Chronicles has remained at the top of my favorite video games list and since his reveal in smash leading up to now I've committed myself to the Monado and its power. I would like to learn even more ways to "Really Feel It"

Discord name is CrownlessKing

(as is spelt in this post)
Check your inbox

DragiLy

Smash Rookie
Heya, I main Lucina. but secondary Shulk (Working on Shulk, mostly. Nowadays), and would love to spar with other Shulkies and their Monados.

My Discord Username is " MarioDB "

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Heya, I main Lucina. but secondary Shulk (Working on Shulk, mostly. Nowadays), and would love to spar with other Shulkies and their Monados.

My Discord Username is " Teragon "
Check your inbox
I've mained Shulk since I got the game and want to see what other Shulk mains think of my play. And because I'm obsessed with Xenoblade... Anyways, it'd be cool to join! And yes, I have read the rules.

This is where I get stuck. I've ruled out everything but two things (I know it sounds stupid but I went all Phoenix Wright cross examination on this.) So I'll answer to both things.

My intended/Is the name I use for nearly everything: Nevy

And the second thing, I swear to not spoil the amazing game known as Xenoblade Chronicles, I promise not to be a Dickson, and I swear I shall not spam.

*is currently slamming his face against the wall* How did I miss that...? Behold the power of the Monado!
Check your inbox

Last edited:

SparkNomad

Smash Rookie
NNID
SparkNomad
3DS FC
3110-6596-0585
My discord username is the same as it is here. I dumped Ike at the game's launch in favor of Shulk because range.

Monado

Yarv

Smash Rookie
I would like to join this group because I main shulk and want to continue to improve myself. Fell in love with Xenoblade after I saw the intricacies of playing as Shulk. I will do my best to stay active. Tag is Yarv and always willing to spar and learn from everyone.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I would like to join this group because I main shulk and want to continue to improve myself. Fell in love with Xenoblade after I saw the intricacies of playing as Shulk. I will do my best to stay active. Tag is Yarv and always willing to spar and learn from everyone.
Right on but ya gotta re-read the rules. You're missing one thing.

NetProjects

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2638-0295-5309
OK I want to enter the group, I main Shulk since I first bought my 3DS copy of Smash, I wanna learn the MU, and I really want to play XenobladeChronicles and X too. so let me join so my feeling of the MONADO's power grow bigger.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
OK I want to enter the group, I main Shulk since I first bought my 3DS copy of Smash, I wanna learn the MU, and I really want to play XenobladeChronicles and X too. so let me join so my feeling of the MONADO's power grow bigger.
check your inbox :)

DarkenedHalo115

Smash Rookie
NNID
nightangel24
How do I get discord and once I get it,how do I join?I wanted to be in the palette wars event but I have to talk with Ev wry one to set things up through discord but I'm pretty lost on how to get it.Also I could maybe learn some Shulk's tips from people.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
How do I get discord and once I get it,how do I join?I wanted to be in the palette wars event but I have to talk with Ev wry one to set things up through discord but I'm pretty lost on how to get it.Also I could maybe learn some Shulk's tips from people.
First, go here: https://discordapp.com/

Then, scroll all the way down 'till you see this:

Then click the Download circled in red. Then you get a screen that looks like this:

After that, you click on whatever you have & viola. When you've created your Discord account, Erico or I can provide you the Discord link.

EDIT: Also read the rules.:p

Last edited:

CelsiusDrive

Smash Rookie
I am a fan of xenoblade and currently playing through the 3ds version for the 3rd time ^_^. I also play Shulk in smash 4.
I'd be happy to join ^_^
The power of the monado....

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I am a fan of xenoblade and currently playing through the 3ds version for the 3rd time ^_^. I also play Shulk in smash 4.
I'd be happy to join ^_^
The power of the monado....
Also, welcome to Smashboards!

UnDeaD_AmP

Smash Rookie
NNID
UnDeaD_AmP
3DS FC
3823-9282-9458
I currently dual-main Shulk and Marth, but have been wanting to focus more on Shulk as of late. I am currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles. but have stopped at the moment since school has kept me busy and Sm4sh. I have mained Shulk since day 1 of Sm4sh 3DS and have not dropped him, I hope to discuss some strategies and hopefully learn how to play him better so that I may enter my Shulk in tournament confident of my ability to play him to his full potential. I read the rules and will be willing to help in any way I can. Thank you for reading and thank you for your time. By the way, I already own discord.

EDIT: I own both Sm4sh for 3DS and Wii U, however I play more often on WIi U.

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I currently dual-main Shulk and Marth, but have been wanting to focus more on Shulk as of late. I am currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles. but have stopped at the moment since school has kept me busy and Sm4sh. I have mained Shulk since day 1 of Sm4sh 3DS and have not dropped him, I hope to discuss some strategies and hopefully learn how to play him better so that I may enter my Shulk in tournament confident of my ability to play him to his full potential. I read the rules and will be willing to help in any way I can. Thank you for reading and thank you for your time. By the way, I already own discord.

EDIT: I own both Sm4sh for 3DS and Wii U, however I play more often on WIi U.
Sounds great! Look forward to having you. You did just miss a little thing in the opening post, but re-read the rules and you should see it :)

UnDeaD_AmP

Smash Rookie
NNID
UnDeaD_AmP
3DS FC
3823-9282-9458
Sounds great! Look forward to having you. You did just miss a little thing in the opening post, but re-read the rules and you should see it :)
Hm... sorry I may have read too fast, but I went back and read everything a few times. I do speak fluent english, and I'm very nice with many other chat members. I respect all members and will show no spoilers for Xenoblade (Chronicles or X). I can check my inbox in a timely period for an invite or such, if you chose to allow me to join, and I will stay active in the discord chat.

EDIT: BTW, if It is that I must list my NNID, it is UnDeaD_AmP, and my 3DS FC is 3823-9282-9458.
I also would need to learn a few in-mind matchups.

Last edited:

darknight326

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Shulk Discord Server!
View attachment 77303
Current member count: 90​

Since August 20, the Shulk Skype chat has started using Discord instead. It has made the experience better.
:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:
-Can be used in your browser or through the program. I recommend the program, but it's your choice. Also works on phones.
-Multiple voice and text channels have given us a lot of options for discussions we previously did not have. Also has made matchmaking easier for everybody.
-It's very useful for people to be able to set how loud they hear each individual (as mics are different in sensitivity)
-No Skype lag (this was very annoying)
-The program itself is made to use machine resources very efficiently. It takes up very little space when open. On the other hand, my laptop cries when I have Skype open.
-Sometimes, having Skype open has caused people lag while doing wifi matches. This issue does not happen with Discord.
-It's easier on the mods, due to improved powers
-It is easier to tell who is online, afk, or offline.
-To talk via voice, you just join a voice chat channel, and can see who is already in that voice chat channel beforehand. It's much easier than having somebody host a call. And, again, there are multiple voice chat channels which can be used for different things.
-No ads (Skype has ads)
-Free (Teamspeak costs money)
-Useful commands you can use, like @[insert_name], @everyone, and #[insert_channel_name]
-Your IP is protected
-Much more features to come in the future, as it's still new and being updated. Some thing I am aware of which will come in the future are the capabilities for custom emoticons, screen sharing, and video chat.

You can read more about Discord from their main site.

Rules (you must read this):

1) No spamming the text channels.
You are only free to spam in the text channel labelled "ether-mine_spam". This includes all forms of spam. We are not idiots; we know when you're trying to spam.

2) No Xenoblade spoilers or Xenoblade X spoilers in regular text channels.

We have people playing through Xenoblade, and people who want to remain innocent of Xenoblade X. Again, we have specific text channels for discussing these things. "xenoblade_spoilers" and "xenoblade_x_stuff"

2A) What counts as spoilers?
~ For Xenoblade Chronicles: We will consider main storyline or side-quest storylines onward from the beginning of the end of Eryth Sea to be spoilers. Also, be careful of what can be gathered from what you say. A name of something might reveal more than you think. For further clarification on what are spoilers, click the spoiler tag below.

-Storyline at or beyond Prison Island.
-Names of places after Prison Island. Valak Mountain is okay to mention, but saying that you go to the Mechonis Sword, Fallen Arm, and/or Mechonis is not.
-The ending parts of the Highmore Caviar sidequests
-Seven's identity
-Monado II
-Most pictures of characters beyond Prison Island (can possibly get away with blurry/unclear shots). Reason for this is people can tell they are from Xenoblade based off the graphical design.
Things that aren't spoilers:
-Monado Cyclone
-Avalanche Abaasy
-Metal Face can talk

Extremely vague mentioning of spoilers can be allowed, but be careful. Some of the people currently going through Xenoblade at the time are very intelligent and can piece things together very well. If unsure, just type #xenoblade_spoilers and say it in there. If not vague enough, the spoiler will be against the rules.

~ For Xenoblade X: Most things are spoilers. To be safe, you should probably post in the Xenoblade X chat.

3) Don't be a dickson in text or voice channels.
In other words, do not be mean to others. We are all legitimate, real humans, just like you.

4) Speak English.
It does not have to be fully Standard Written English, but cannot be Spanish or something. You should express your idea with the intent of the other party understanding it.

5) Playing the 'how far can I push the rules?' game is not allowed.
It's obvious when you are testing the boundaries. Doing this indicates that you are actually disruptive, so it is against the rules.

6) Read and follow these rules.
They are all with clear reason. To indicate you have read the rules, you must include "Monado" somewhere in your post here made to join the discord server (more about that later). I just need to read the word Monado.
>We have not had to officially kick or ban anybody yet.

7) Stay somewhat active.
If we don't know who you are anymore (let's say you haven't posted in a month), you might get kicked. If this happens, you will need to PM me on Smashboards again to get invited back. If this keeps happening over and over, you might not be brought back.

8) Don't change your name to be the same as somebody else's name.

>Breaking the rules:
This is the general case of what will happen:
1) You are warned. Your messages are deleted if that applies. You might be muted/deafened from the voice channels.
2) You are kicked for a certain amount of time. Probably at least a day, but it depends.
3) Banned.

However, there is no guarantee that it will go in that order. For instance, if you are new to the channel and obviously have just joined to be disruptive, you might be banned right away. The mods have the power to use their own logic and reasoning to determine consequences.
In general, don't expect this to be a group you can just join to be annoying and disruptive. At the same time, we are reasonable, intelligent people, and will will not give consequences if you do not deserve them.

About the Skype Version of the Group:

@ Masonomace Masonomace , who is kind of the main leader of the Shulk Skype group, has said he is fine with doing the full switch to Discord. However, another Shulk Skype mod and I decided to postpone this because Masonomace is having difficulty getting access to it. Once that is resolved, we will be officially, fully switching to Discord.

~Joining~ :)

Qualifications:
1) You must join for a reason having to do with Shulk. Some examples are you main him, you like Xenoblade, you want to learn the MU, etc.
2) You need to have read the rules

If you want to join, you must both indicate you have read the rules and also say why you are joining us in a post on this thread. If you have met the (super easy) qualifications, I will message you the link to the channel on Smashboards. These links are purposefully made to expire after a specified amount of hours, so be sure to check your Smashboards conversations section!
-It might also be helpful if you post the username you intend to use in this thread as well.

Note: here are 2 things that DO NOT work as reasons to join.
-'I play Smash Bros.' (there needs to be more)
-'I was in the Shulk Skype Group.' The reason this does not qualify you is the Skype chat had neither of the qualifications this group does have. Though, people who joined from the Skype chat prior to the creation of this thread are grandfathered in.

I hope to see you in our server!

--------------------------------------------------------------------​

New event!: alt wars! - a Shulk only, alt specific, crew battle tournament

Join our Discord server to participate!
may i join i main shulk and i am a big fan of xenoblade ask tremendo dude he showed me this i have read the rules and will follow them

Last edited:

Royalwonderbread

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name is RoyalWonderbread, I would love to join the Discord channel to converse with other aspiring Shulk Mains, i've also read all the rules and will follow them :D

Top Bottom