• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Butters

Smash Apprentice
working on a smashfest in Detroit around dec. 23-31 for when I come home... alcohol and wacky tabacky galore for the SEMI homeboys.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
hey everyone. it was confirmed now that there is no wave dashing in brawl. and there is most likely no l canceling either. leave it to nintendo to ruin the games mechanics. they are better off when they don't know what they making.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No wavedashing, yet Mario is in the top tier of the demo. Perhaps you're overreacting a bit?

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I don't see it as that at all. The mechanics of the game are what gives smash melee its unique feel. What they are doing now is taking the game two steps backward. Its going to be sloppier than SSB64.

P.S. I play doc... not mario

Acro

Smash Ace
I dunno L canceling has been in since the first. They will most likely keep that. they actually MEANT to put that in there.. the wavedash was a mistake tho they prob were just fixin their mistake on that one. oh well I figured this game would be too broken/crazy for any good tournament play anyway

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
gimpyfish confirmed that L canceling at this point has been removed from the game completely. however lag time from ariel moves has been overall reduced.

there is no l canceling in brawl

Acro

Smash Ace
hmmm actually i may be out for the crew battle now sadly.. **** **** **** **** **** I just got an MIP and still live at home.. my mother has grounded me.. forever - :( we will see what comes of this. but its not looking good for me.. I prob cant leave

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
why does no1 in the southfield area want to come to a 7 day a week smashfest at my friends place. none of u guys want to get better i guess

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
why does no1 in the southfield area want to come to a 7 day a week smashfest at my friends place. none of u guys want to get better i guess
I don't get better by driving 30 minutes away from people better than me to play with people worse than me.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ankoku i doubt your better than anybody here
I guess you aren't anybody, then. Either that or you don't remember when I played you.

Kail, I can't really describe him, but he tended to hang around a Samus player who went by YNOMRAH, and used red Sheik and red Falco. In fact, I think Jman mentioned you and he played against them in some friendly doubles games.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
oh right cause you know in friendlies i just gotta try my best right

get out of here with that ankoku you aren't sweet

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh right cause you entered the tournament where things count right?

No johns, thaxceptional1. If the only thing you ever play are friendlies (even at the PlanetX tournaments... >_>) then when do you actually try your best?

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
i never was johning, if you think that beating me in those friendlies makes you better than so be it. my intention comin to u of m was never to do singles, i came solely for doubles. when my partner couldn't get the 5 dollars we just decided to come to have fun and see how other people played like. So keep talking ankoku like your so good when you will never get anywhere except your umb tournaments.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I am no good.

You (GLCH stopped) are the only one who keeps saying I'm any good.

thaxceptional1: ur peach is so bad ***
Ankoku: I'm not very good, I just faced two people who did very badly. And an ICs player with one stock left.
thaxceptional1: ok
thaxceptional1: then u suck wit peach
Ankoku: Glad that's settled. lol

AS Money

Smash Lord
i never was johning, if you think that beating me in those friendlies makes you better than so be it. my intention comin to u of m was never to do singles, i came solely for doubles. when my partner couldn't get the 5 dollars we just decided to come to have fun and see how other people played like. So keep talking ankoku like your so good when you will never get anywhere except your umb tournaments.
even my fox would probably pee on you

Top Bottom