• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 5 Announced

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
I know I will get hate but I am happy that Project M isn't there, despite being a PM fan myself. Tourneys should focus on the actual releases from Nintendo itself.
That completely contradicted what you just said.

Jeez, just scrolling through these comments has shown me how much love PM has... and how much it should still be loved and played :sadeyes:
I know how you feel.

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
Different company.
Different copyrights.
Different systems/gaming platforms.
Different IPs.

It's not the same. Don't bring up PC modding either, not the same.
My main point still stands. smash 4 fans would be upset if there game couldn't be at majors. That is all.

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Different company.
Different copyrights.
Different IPs.

My main point still stands. smash 4 fans would be pissed if for some reason their game couldn't be at majors. How people feel about their favorite smash games doesnt change. That is all.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I love how we are all accusing Nintendo of anything without even KNOWING if PM will be really out. TBH5 is in October, and if Nintendo really cared that much about PM they would shut the SITE http://projectmgame.com/en/ and THE GAME! We don't even know if Nintendo themselves taken out PM from APEX, EVO and CEO. They almost managed to let Melee out of EVO 2013. But the community won the battle, and guess who's sponsoring some tourneys now.

On the other hand, saying Project M in Miiverse and even PM gives you a Admin Notification by "Criminal Activity".

Last edited:

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
Different company.
Different copyrights.
Different IPs.

My main point still stands. smash 4 fans would be pissed if their game couldn't be at major tourneys for whatever reason. That is all.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
My main point still stands. smash 4 fans would be upset if there game couldn't be at majors. That is all.
My main point still stands. smash 4 fans would be pissed if for some reason their game couldn't be at majors. How people feel about their favorite smash games doesnt change. That is all.
My main point still stands. smash 4 fans would be pissed if their game couldn't be at major tourneys for whatever reason. That is all.
Uhhhh I think we get it yo :p

BuTTNutz

Smash Apprentice
64 is very forgotten

lack of major tournies giving a **** about us

or no tournies in general..
64 is not getting a lot of attention but still People pay attention and care for it. Apex wouldn't have put 64 on its roster. But still no smash game deserves to be forgotten

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
64 is not getting a lot of attention but still People pay attention and care for it. Apex wouldn't have put 64 on its roster. But still no smash game deserves to be forgotten
Again, like how they tried to cut our stream time and move us outside in the snow?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If an issue to dance around was, "**** smash 4 we hate you"

Then I would be.

In this situation we do not know why because no one is talking.

Narpas_sword

Reading these replies has reminded me why i dropped PM. You guys are way too vindictive, way too quick to start throwing accusations, way too emotional. It's like a democrat rally in here. Give it a rest already.
well, we are pretty much exactly the same as the melee community in that regard.

Imagine if tournies dropped melee because Nintendo only want smash 4.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Attempting to qualify yourself as a PM fan is pointless if your following statement is so outrageously stupid that it negates any positive association you may project.
I like PM , but don't want it at major tourneys. Simple enough now?

Last edited:

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
I think everyone would be reacting differently if people just spoke about why PM was being excluded instead of just keeping quiet.

And Nintendo WOULDN'T outright kill PM as many have claimed. They're wary of the backlash they got from outright denying Melee at Evo, and they know the community they're dealing with. They're going to slowly cripple it.

I guarantee they'll deny having anything to do with it just to save their public image.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think everyone would be reacting differently if people just spoke about why PM was being excluded instead of just keeping quiet.

And Nintendo WOULDN'T outright kill PM as many have claimed. They're wary of the backlash they got from outright denying Melee at Evo, and they know the community they're dealing with. They're going to slowly cripple it.

I guarantee they'll deny having anything to do with it just to save their public image.
But again this is where the line is drawn and where people need to figure out and question.

Why are the big tournaments doing this? Because there is no clear answer. Anyone who says they have it is lying or speculating at this point.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I seriously want to know if Nintendo is scaring TOs, or forcing Project M out of tournaments.
I'm inclined to believe that big name tournaments are the ones who are not including Project M for Nintendo's endorsement, as opposed to Nintendo themselves.
If Nintendo wanted Project M gone, they wouldn't be shy about it and would have flagged the PMDT with so many copyright notices.
For example, there was a really hyped HD version of Super Mario 64 for PC. It was just a fan's take on what the game would look like today and it was completely free. After releasing a test demo, Nintendo took it down the following day and they weren't beating around the bush about it either.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Beyond excited for this. TBH4 was easily one of the greatest tournaments of all time, and if this is even near that amazing, it'll be something worth getting hype for.

That said, I'm very disappointed in the lack of PM. There are brief moments when I actually consider getting back into Smash 4, but I feel like I can't support Smash 4 without hurting my main game. Hopefully we won't have to sit through Smash 4 top 8 before Melee top 8 begins, although there's not many alternatives.
I've been seeing your posts in news articles for a good while, and it's nice to see your overall opinion of SmashU/3D has mellowed a bit. As stated, you just are hasty on it at risk of damaging skills in your main game, which makes sense since it also happens with players of SF, Mahvel, other Smash games what have you. But better that mindset then before where you were practically saying the only thing left to do was do a borderline abortion to the new Smash and kill it before it can grow, which I overall feel is kinda narrow minded and slightly arrogant that we should mandate that a series we play should die out of fear of the new installment overshadowing other games(which, you know, sequels are kinda supposed to do.)

I hope the 15th marks the beginning of new things for the better in SmashU/3D, and since they were at APEX and most likely saw the feedback they change it to be a better spectator sport. As for this article, I think that Nintendo's recent action taken over Mario 64 HD(look it up) might have spooked some, but outside of that I too agree that some TOs might be jumping the gun a little. Having 2 highlight games is fine. them being the Best and the Newest is logical. I just wonder if the others will be side games though.

Last edited:

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
Not to be a fanboy but I never had a huge connection with Project M and smash 4 so this does not upset me. But I do understand that there is a community in both games and they deserve there games to be at tournaments.

EDIT: I ment to only say PM not smash 4 XD.
Hey man! Were in the same crew! XD

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Thats still vague and super douche-like.
I explained in my first comment but I guess I will again. I don't want PM in tourneys because it isn't made by Nintendo. It is a game file on Brawl. Tourneys should only focus on official games. Again this is just my opinion, so no need to bash on me for this.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I explained in my first comment but I guess I will again. I don't want PM in tourneys because it isn't made by Nintendo. It is a game file on Brawl. Tourneys should only focus on official games. Again this is just my opinion, so no need to bash on me for this.
''I said something stupid on the internet! Don't bash me!!!!''

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Except when you don't have something to back it up and hide behind "it's just an opinion" to avoid criticism.

But really now, can juggleguy or whoever chime in and silence these discussions before we start spewing insults and slurs at each other? Saves the mods infractions and Reddit a flame war.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Reading these replies has reminded me why i dropped PM. You guys are way too vindictive, way too quick to start throwing accusations, way too emotional. It's like a democrat rally in here. Give it a rest already.
I guess you have to hate the rest of the smash community due to the massive overlap. It is really weak that you would drop a game you like because the community shows concern over it's health.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
To be fair the smash community is like this in general. Melee and smash 4 fans would complain if their game was excluded and would get all emotional as well if it kept being dropped from each major. Also you dropped the game cause of how people react to it being left out? Tbh that sounds stupid af
also @ Lizalfos Lizalfos
Did you really want my life story in that comment? Saying that the community is the reason is a simplified version, but it's also relevant to the point I was making with the comment. I honestly didn't think it was necessary for me to go on an incoherent rant about PM just to satisfy someone's desire. But if you want I will.

And that's a fair point true, but it's different in my opinion because PM is still a mod and will always be a mod. It doesn't, and shouldn't, command the same kinds of expectations as a full, supported release does.

Last edited:

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I've been seeing your posts in news articles for a good while, and it's nice to see your overall opinion of SmashU/3D has mellowed a bit. As stated, you just are hasty on it at risk of damaging skills in your main game, which makes sense since it also happens with players of SF, Mahvel, other Smash games what have you. But better that mindset then before where you were practically saying the only thing left to do was do a borderline abortion to the new Smash and kill it before it can grow, which I overall feel is kinda narrow minded and slightly arrogant that we should mandate that a series we play should die out of fear of the new installment overshadowing other games(which, you know, sequels are kinda supposed to do.)

I hope the 15th marks the beginning of new things for the better in SmashU/3D, and since they were at APEX and most likely saw the feedback they change it to be a better spectator sport. As for this article, I think that Nintendo's recent action taken over Mario 64 HD(look it up) might have spooked some, but outside of that I too agree that some TOs might be jumping the gun a little. Having 2 highlight games is fine. them being the Best and the Newest is logical. I just wonder if the others will be side games though.
I meant that I feel like supporting Smash 4 hurts the PM scene as a whole. My opinion hasn't really mellowed out (although it has changed a bit). It's just the Smash 4 community is going through a lot of weird things right now so I'm just sitting back to see how things turn out instead of starting things. A lot of people I know personally are going through the same thing with Smash 4 as I and many others went through with Brawl where they simply don't know if the direction the game is headed is going to make things better or worse.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
........I swear if Low Tier City replaces PM with Smash 4, I'll be so beyond done.

Nessafile

Smash Apprentice
Well I understand TBH5 not being able to do Project M due fears of legal problems from Nintendo. Because it somewhat illegally modifies a game. And I'm glad to see we are all reacting maturely...
if it was illegal it'd be gone by now

you do realize that

right

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
also @ Lizalfos Lizalfos
Did you really want my life story in that comment? Saying that the community is the reason is a simplified version, but it's also relevant to the point I was making with the comment. I honestly didn't think it was necessary for me to go on an incoherent rant about PM just to satisfy someone's desire. But if you want I will.

And that's a fair point true, but it's different in my opinion because PM is still a mod and will always be a mod. It doesn't, and shouldn't, command the same kinds of expectations as a full, supported release does.
I just find it funny how a year ago how PM which is "just a mod" was actually treated with respect for the most part compared to the official games despite PM being unofficial. Now with the direction smash is going, its seen as some sort of disease but I guess it makes sense considering PM's legal status. You see the PM complaints as an annoyance but honestly I see it just a bunch of people worried about its health as game in this community which is understandable.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Reminder post for people that like to use the "Fanboys" card for this situation.
For **** sakes this isnt about the ****ing fanboys. This is about OUR community and game being treated like the Black Sheep of Smash. Don't you ****ing see it? Look around! They took out PM in at least 5 majors they were in for years. Just like that, ignored from the places we were welcomed to, shoved into a corner, slowly being marked as a lost cause in the world of finances rather than sticking with the community.

Let me ask you all a question, how the **** would you feel if Melee or Smash 4 was getting this treatment, treated like it was toxic or the plague, and being pushed aside from any tournaments ever again? Come on, tell me.

How would YOU feel if you had the majors YOU went to all your life, the people who help make the Smash Community the way it is today, and the recognition of a strong example of what a community should always have been, sticking together through the rough and the harsh, being slowly exiled because of of couple of sponsors, and money?

You would act the same ****ing way.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
project m or riot
''I said something stupid on the internet! Don't bash me!!!!''
Okay, I was agreeing with you before, but now you're just being a massive jerkhead. Stop it.

if it was illegal it'd be gone by now

you do realize that

right
Thank you. It's like people don't think Nintendo is fully aware of Project M by now, if there was an issue, project m would be taken down. That is all.

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Thank you. It's like people don't think Nintendo is fully aware of Project M by now, if there was an issue, project m would be taken down. That is all.
I agree. Did you see how fast that Super Mario 64 HD remake lasted? Not even a week. That would've been the case with PM 4 years ago.

Project M or riot
Riot till it's back to where it once was in the community, being part of the community ENTIRETY.

Last edited:

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
People begged and begged for nintendo to get involved. Now that Nintendo's involved, people are surprised they're flexing their expensive muscles and well toned cash flow. I guess everyone forgot that nintendo is a business..
Good point. However, I feel people should not submit to all of this. I am an activist-kind of person and I feel corporations should not even have the right to C&D fantastic fan-made content. Take Chrono Trigger Resurrection for example, and what came to it. I think TOs and the community should take the "risk" of Nintendo imposing C&D, and if it ever came to be, riot and overturn Nintendo's decision. I hate people's mentality of submitting to these "large" corporations because they are dependent on their customers, not the other way around. I think Nintendo fears imposing a C&D on Project M simply because of how much bad press they would receive as the result (as P:M is popular and relatively well-known). To me, this is not about P:M nor Nintendo, it is about corporations vs. people and freedom. So it should not be like:

"Yay, Nintendo is finally supporting us, we should just shut up and be happy while P:M is being consistently boycotted from major tournaments. It's a big loss but hey, if Nintendo supports us we should just leave it be".

I wrote earlier about Nintendo's policies regarding P:M and the future of SD Remix (another mod):

"What about Nintendo? As of now, Project M is losing popularity due to Nintendo's policies. Nintendo will oppose mods like SD Remix as well. This is why I think it is vital for the community to take a stand against the current policies of Nintendo as a company. I am immensely frustrated with Nintendo, as the only reason it deals with the competitive community today is that they have finally realized that the competitive community can be massively profitable for them. WE are a God-send to Nintendo, and not the other way around. I want to remind everyone of this because companies would not have power without people supporting them by buying their products.

There can stil be large-scale Project M tournaments and majors, but it is going to take dedicated effort from the community in a form of campaigns and feedback directly at Nintendo. Corporations are not supposed to be these shadowy super-powers abusing their power but rather results of the choices made by us, the consumers. Nintendo is not going to simply change their policies, because corporations are by default greedy and oppressive due to our economic system. Rather, we need to change Nintendo's policies as it's supporters. This has already happened several times, even though skeptics at the time said things like "Nintendo will never support the competitive Smash community".

We need to convince Nintendo that suppressing mods like Project M and SD Remix is a STUPID decision of them as a company. Just like when Nintendo was going to ban the stream from EVO. Just like Nintendo has neglected the competitive community for years before realizing "Hey! We can actually make money out of the competitive Smash community! Perhaps we should not neglect and suppress them!" Nintendo has made ******** choices and policies over the years, and suppressing mods is clearly one of them."

Top Bottom