• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best wolf that never wins =[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Just curious, it seems like after getting hit you bair and then reflector, even if your opponent doesn't have a projectile or is too close. Is it to dodge the potential shuttle loop or something?

:059:

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I find that there's a lack of Fsmashes and Dsmashes which could get that hit in whenever you're away from him. But face it, it's metaknight, you should expect some things not to work in your favor and it looks like Korn's Meta is quite good.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Ishiey, the shine was for nothing. I did it once that night and for some reason kept doing it.
The bair was just for the obvious momentum canceling :p

joblin, I don't use fsmash much as a punisher. Just seems to get me punished back even more :X I just use it as a finisher at times. >_>
Korn's meta is great.
/notmeatriding

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Wow, well played, Kornnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn does have a good Metaknight.

Seems like you know the MEtaknight matchup really well.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
It's one of my better/favorite match ups. Usually there would be more laser involved but these were friendlies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
fsmash more.bair to fsmash my fav combo.korn's meta was a little scary.good stuff k9.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
It's one of my better/favorite match ups. Usually there would be more laser involved but these were friendlies.
It's quite a luxury to play with forte all the time T_T

I can def. learn a lot from these videos.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Bair to Fsmash is interesting, I believe it works until about 50 ish percent, so yeah. Just be sure to switch it up between Fair and Bair, because really either way you're at the advantage... Low percent Fair people often forget they have a double jump, so they just airdodge and it leads to a free grab ^_^ (Though, good Metaknights know they have a million jumps, so it's harder to chase MKs after a Fair...) But yeah. I really do think that Bair to Fsmash is a combo, I believe it can be DIed out of though D= But hey, who's expecting to get hit by a Bair? =D

Also At K-9: Laser is amazing against people like Metaknight. Blocks tornado, stops the endless spamming of attacks... pretty much FORCES them into some sort of defensive option. Something that is very hard to do against Metaknight...

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Castor: Korn doesn't use nado much at all, so the video doesn't show much of how to counter that. But we all know what to do I'm sure T.T More lasers too of course. :p

Arc: Hmmm strange I thought I included in the OP that since these were friendlies so I wasn't trying to laser too much. Has bair->fsmash been confirmed as a combo? It works great but I thought people will try and shield it. That's why I go for bair to grab T_T

castorpollux

Smash Champion
at 0% bair->buffered f-smash is not a combo. THere fore it's better to go for the grab

if the opponent has 3% or more (depending on the character), a FF bair right above the ground to buffered f-smash is a combo. It stops comboing after the bair hits them too far

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
@ K-9: lol okay, it just seemed sorta fishy. I liked the reverse blasters btw, seemed to be the most helpful thing in the matchup.

:059:

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I'm not doing it to hit him. I'm doing it for him to approach me. I'll either reverse grab/jab/laser/usmash depending on the situation usually. Doing a second bair would defeat the purpose of that :p

And it's not the best. Read the rest of the title. It's a bit of an oxymoron :X

Edit: *Pats murdamoe's back* Forgot to say thanks for the compliment...Thanks!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
well the bair stops being able to combo into fsmash at around 50-60% but it does rack up damage quickly.since they are a little stunned from the bair the fsmash will go through without fail sending them to the side.if they are at really low percents the bair may not him them high enough off the ground for it to connect but around 20% or so it wont miss and it wont be punished.after they get sent back it is always good to laser immediately,grab,or start bairing.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Not tryna sound insulting, is bair, usmash and lasers all u have to do vs mk becuz i was thinkin of cp'ing him instead of fox, or is that how u play for most all chars?

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Bair for spacing/camping, lasers for camping, usmash is just my favorite approach punisher.

I also find jabs helpful and shines vs a tornado spammy mk.

Also I grabbed a lot. :X

Dsmash/fair are what I save to finish.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I'm not doing it to hit him. I'm doing it for him to approach me. I'll either reverse grab/jab/laser/usmash depending on the situation usually. Doing a second bair would defeat the purpose of that :p
Why would a Bair defeat the purpose of it? o.O The lag or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom