• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best PK Fire Tech Video I've ever seen.

Noa.

Smash Master
But it's all in Japanese.

He covers dair canceling, and doing the PK Jump in various different directions. I haven't seen people reversing the PK Jump and doing it in a retreating fashion like in this video.

Video with English captions:

Original Video:

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
This is useful stuff, though very technically demanding. I recommend watching it because I think PK Jumps are the way of the future for Ness in terms of approach, and even possibly defense. You should hit the lab with some of this tech sometime. At the very least, get the basic forwards PK Jump down.

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah Pk jump forward is valuable against projectile heavy characters cause you can jump over their projectiles and execute a heavy punish.

I'm very excited to see how Ness players use reverse Pk Jump, if they bi that using it at all.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
PK Jump definitely helps with projectile users. I've been saying this for a while lol. I use it in matchups like Link, Mega Man, and ROB.

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
Does BPKFJ not work if the C-stick is set to attack? I've been practising it for about half an hour and at most I can get a wavebounce PK Flash or the aerial PK Fire seen at 11:20.

I'd really prefer not to set the C-stick to smash attack just for this one technique.

Noa.

Smash Master
I have no idea since I haven't been able to practice the tech at all.

Can you answer his question @ Earthbound360 Earthbound360 ?

And you really need to change your name to Mik on here. It only costs like a couple dollars I know you can spend some of that tournament winnings lol.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I have no idea since I haven't been able to practice the tech at all.

Can you answer his question @ Earthbound360 Earthbound360 ?

And you really need to change your name to Mik on here. It only costs like a couple dollars I know you can spend some of that tournament winnings lol.
Not sure. Haven't done much testing with the C-stick, or the backwards PK Jump in general.
If i get the chance to test it I will, but odds are I won't for a while.

This **** is hard
Man up and hit the lab. We don't play a particularly technical character anyways lol. At least learn normal PK Jump. That thing's useful.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Around the 1:40 mark, anyone want to tell me how he's getting a dair in after the PKF? It doesn't even look like he's using a double jump if he is.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
PK Jump is situational but it's satisfying when you get it haha. I can only do the forward one (and honestly I don't want to B-Stick), BUT I'd like to make a note of doing a Uair to follow up should you land one. Sweet damage right there!

http://youtu.be/ydT3wp1Kv60
8:50 plz. ;)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Around the 1:40 mark, anyone want to tell me how he's getting a dair in after the PKF? It doesn't even look like he's using a double jump if he is.
SH PK Jump can be lag cancelled. Just input the PK Jump at the peak of the SH. I almost always do this.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
If you want to lag cancel a full hop PKF, you have to do the PKF immediately once you leave the ground. You don't need the C-stick, but I personally change my buttons so that I can jump with Z and hit B at almost the exact same time.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If you want to lag cancel a full hop PKF, you have to do the PKF immediately once you leave the ground. You don't need the C-stick, but I personally change my buttons so that I can jump with Z and hit B at almost the exact same time.
For me, the c-stick might be necessary. I don't like changing my controls. And I feel like when I do a FH > PKF, the moment of the jump is lessened. :/ Hopefully I'll figure it out.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I've been practicing this somewhat recently. I faced a Ness main who used this technique and applied a few aerials in the process. I feared having to do a full change on my control set up, but if you're like me and you have your set up set to default on the GameCube controller or made your set up the same as the GameCube controller on the 3DS, then you're in luck for some easy application.

On my 3DS, I have the following set up:

Tap Jump - Off (Doesn't make a difference here)
R - Shield
L - Grab
B - Neutral/Aerials
A - Jump (I use this to jump)
X - Jump
Y - Special

I jump with the A button on the 3DS, but in order for me to use my special (PKF) while jumping, I'd have to contort my fingers by pressing both A and Y at the same time, which isn't very practical. Instead, I press X + Y, causing me to perform a full hop and throw out PKF as soon as possible, then follow up the double jump with my A button (jump) while also pressing B (neutral/aerials). So far I've had success with this set up.

On the GameCube controller:

Tap Jump Off (Again, doesn't make a difference here)
R - Shield
L - Shield (I don't use this)
Z - Grab
B - Special
A - Neutral/Aerials
X - Jump (I use this to jump)
Y - Special

Basically the same thing, except the only differences are the buttons I use here and that I have two specials and one jump, whereas on my 3DS, I have two jumps and one special. Press X + Y to execute the Jump PKF (or PKF Jump), whichever this falls under. Anyway, hopefully this will help those who are reluctant to make big changes on their controller layouts.

Top Bottom