• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best and worst recoveries in brawl?

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
MK has undoubtebly the best recovery. But I sure as hell prefer ROBs.

Olimar and Ivysaur have the worst due to tether. But I would rather have their's than Link's...

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I think beside Ivysaur, Sheik has the worst recovery.
Sheik did have a very poor recovery in melee, but her recovery has been improved a good bit. Not only is the distance lengthened that she travles in the air, but she also has a longer reach to grab the stage once she comes out of the smoke.

I have to say that I agree with those that say Yoshi has the worst recovery, based solely on the fact that he doesn't have a third jump, unless you count the short boost he gets when he throws an egg. I don't say that because I'm a Yoshi hater, I've been a fan since he first Yoshi'd onto the scene on SNES. It's just a fact, no third jump = lousy third jump.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sheik did have a very poor recovery in melee, but her recovery has been improved a good bit. Not only is the distance lengthened that she travles in the air, but she also has a longer reach to grab the stage once she comes out of the smoke.
I'm not necessarily pointing out the difference between the two games. It's a bad recovery in brawl and I see it as one of the worst. It has less range than Olimar's tether if he had 6 pikmen, (maybe 5-4 even) making it worse than his recovery. Sheik's vanish can't hit people off the ledge like Olimar's tether can.(Olimar's tether can spike) It's much slower too.

can't sheik use tether?
yes, she can use her >b, but it's still not very good. It's better than vanish though if it can reach far enough.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Best Recovery- Meta Knight, Pit (if, obviously, he isnt hit during Up-B), Jigglypuff, ICs
Worst Recovery- Lone Popo/Nana

Adapt

Smash Lord
Insane: MK, ROB, Jiggs, Kirby
Sweet: Pit, Sonic, Pikachu, Charizard, Luigi, Wario
Great: Marth, ZSS, Samus, CF, Snake, TL, Squirtle, Lucas, DDD, Fox, Diddy, G&W
Good: Ness, Peach, Mario, Lucario, Falco, DK, Bowser, Zelda, Sheik, Wolf
Meh: Yoshi, Ike, Ganondorf, ICs, Link,
Terrible: Ivy, Olimar

(characters are not in order within the groups)

Browny

Smash Hater
in terms of best up b, i think MK wins no competition. but for best recovery i think Sonic and robs are better.

they can all recovery from the very bottom edge of the screen, travel underneath every floating stage without problems but at leats sonic and rob arent made helpless. MK's glide attack is great, but its easily countered/shield grabbed and if he misses, it leaves him wide open for any attack. and mk's other recoveries (down b and side b) are just plain useless, while all of sonics b moves are great for recovery, and vB can KO.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
wolfs recovery is tough to handle, but does have a lot of potential. With full control over his Wolf Flash cancel, he can come back from amazing horizontal distances. It acts similarly to C. Falcons pivot punch in activation(not recovery,oh god no).

Quilquala

Smash Rookie
I'd say Olimar is worse than Ivysaur, Vine whip is a constant length and if some does edgehog, a right timed razor leaf can knock him off, Olimar doesn't quite have this option.
I'd say olimar is better at recovery with purple pikmin which I get too often and the less pikmin you have the higher you hop up

Top Bottom