• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battletoads fight hard!

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
This is the stupidest thing I've ever done.
Geometry Dash is like the Impossible Game mixed with Jetpack Joyride.
Sorry, that was from an old one I was gonna make for the Geometry Dash block.
The Battletoads are a gang of toads designed by RareWare for the infamously difficult Battletoads for the NES and Genesis. In it, you play as Rash and Zitz and you save the third member of the trio, Pimple. (Definitely '90s.)
The infamy starts at the third level, Turbo Tunnel. In it, you get on a motorcycle and have to speed out of a cave to reach your goal. And...hoo-boy is this thing fast. The only mercy you're given is you occasionally get a 1/2-second break as your toad rides his motorcycle over a bottomless pit.
Now already, you can see some problems with my vote.

1. Rare is owned by Microsoft.
2. These guys haven't had their own game since Battlemaniacs on the Super Nintendo.
3. You're supposed to keep your votes at one character each.

And already, I have counters.

1. Microsoft gave Nintendo the OK to put Banjo-Kazooie and Steve in. We don't know if they will get in, but it's possible.
2. Earthbound is the only non-Smash game to have Ness.
3. Ever heard of the Ice Climbers? What about Pokémon Trainer?

Votes: SuperDoom1

Oddball

Smash Lord
Okay, so we're reviving the old thread. Cool.

I think we need a picture.

There we go.

I'm all for the 'Toads. There over the top fighting style would fit perfectly into Smash and the variety in their game gives us plenty of room for some really wicked levels.

Just please stick to the classic designs and not the design they're using in the new game.

Oddball

Smash Lord
It just amazes me that there's so little actual support for the Battletoads.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in! They should include music from the Battletoads series. Both originals and new remixes. They should get David Wise to do a Smash remix of the Title Theme.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It just amazes me that there's so little actual support for the Battletoads.
Let's be real here. None of the Battletoads games are actually...good. Their wacky. And their difficulty has achieved meme status. But both of the mainline games in that franchise come with a LOT of terrible levels.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Let's be real here. None of the Battletoads games are actually...good. Their wacky. And their difficulty has achieved meme status. But both of the mainline games in that franchise come with a LOT of terrible levels.
It doesn't help that the one (non-crossover) Battletoads game that focused on the beat-em-up aspects without the unfair platforming or gimmicky racing stages never left the arcade; thus most recall the series as being memorable but wholly cheap with its difficulty.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Actually the Super NES game wasn't nearly as difficult as the series has a reputation for being. It was pretty solid.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Actually the Super NES game wasn't nearly as difficult as the series has a reputation for being. It was pretty solid.
It's not AS hard, but still has a lot of the same bull**** levels like the hoverbikes, the snake pit and the unicycle.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
They're so bad though.

Also sucks than the final level of the SNES version is a remake of the rat race. One of the worst NES level.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Add me to the supporter list. It'd be cool to see Rash as a character with Pimple and Zitz as either alts or summons during certain attacks.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I can see the 'Toads having a Paultena's guidance or Snake's codex thing where they call Professor T. Bird and sometimes the Dark Queen ctus into the communications instead.

Dark Queen wouldn't be a bad assist trophy either.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
In the Smash remix Discord server there was a guy who was not on the team trying to mod Rash into the game. He was working on it last year but then got busy and a bit demotivated so he left the project on hold.

70118B68-7442-471E-A977-1FB65C6C45A1.png
1632745832782.png

69B388DB-64A7-44DB-AD38-1F9248A7D8DC.png

He definitely got far with the models, tho not too much on the rest. I’m not sure if he’d be able to include all of this in the game but I’m glad that he went with the classic look of Rash and not his more realistic humanoid look from KI 2013 or that recent goddawful reboot design. The model of the character as well as the expressions and the textures definitely look promising. Now that Conker’s in I’m down for someone like a Battletoad tho I don’t know if this will ever get to be completed now. After all modding is really hard, specially when it’s a one man army situation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom