• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing to consider; while it might be simple on paper for Activision and Sakurai to meet each other over the prospect of approving Crash, we honestly don't know if the latter has had time to visit other companies during his overseas trip for :ultbanjokazooie:. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Oh, and guess what costume will be forthcoming!

I don't think Crash Team Racing is the kind of game where load times are going to bother me all that much. I only really mind loading if interrupts gameplay (AKA doors that open really slowly or moving in and out of the world taking forever). I can wait to race as long as the game is generally stable from that point on.

Plus, since the base PS4 game was only 30 FPS anyway, I really don't think I'd be missing much other than fidelity with the Switch version.
Adding to that, anything is better than loading times on the PS2 version of Wrath of Cortex. Seriously, I'd like to see that game remade to fix that alone.

That being said, the game will be getting DLC for at least the rest of the year (theoretically, if there's one Grand Prix per month), so I'm sure they'll fix some bugs at the same time. In regards to versions, unless there's exclusive guest characters arriving later on, it's really just a matter of preference at this stage. In my case, I went for the PS4 version out of nostalgia, and the retro stuff.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Glad to have you on board, EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman . After K. Rool and Banjo got in, a lot of us ended up migrating here, so I'm glad you're liking Crash.

One thing to consider; while it might be simple on paper for Activision and Sakurai to meet each other over the prospect of approving Crash, we honestly don't know if the latter has had time to visit other companies during his overseas trip for :ultbanjokazooie:. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Sakurai ever said he physically went overseas for Banjo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Glad to have you on board, EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman . After K. Rool and Banjo got in, a lot of us ended up migrating here, so I'm glad you're liking Crash.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Sakurai ever said he physically went overseas for Banjo.
Hmm, well then we got conflicting accounts over what happened. Spencer said the deal was easy, but Sakurai said it was challenging. Assuming this was all done over e-mails.

So what happened, exactly?

web4.jpg

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Yeah, I've seen the migrations happen a lot in Smash speculation. The Geno thread definitely got a small uptick when Banjo Kazooie got in recently as well (And it popped off to the 1000 page behemoth post King K. Rool haha).

Crash has definitely been one that has just been on my mind a lot recently as I wonder who will come next in the Fighter's Pass. He'd make a whole lot of sense the more I consider things given he's popular globally, in a renaissance, and Activision has worked pretty closely with Nintendo over the years despite their scummy practices. With the Fighter's Pass looking like all third parties, I'd say Crash probably makes the most sense out of any other potential "Western picks" and certainly appears to be a frontrunner alongside the likes of Ryu Hayabusa, Llloyd Irving, a Tekken rep, and maybe a Bethesda rep in terms of third parties.

Geno and Crash are definitely my two "dream picks" now, even if my enjoyment of Crash is much more recent.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hmm, well then we got conflicting accounts over what happened. Spencer said the deal was easy, but Sakurai said it was challenging. Assuming this was all done over e-mails.

So what happened, exactly?

Hard to say. Maybe it was more difficult for Sakurai to work with a foreigner than the reverse was for Phil, or Nintendo was more picky about negotiations than Microsoft. But he's never stated that he actually went over to Microsoft to talk about them; there's the rumor that Phil Spencer and Sakurai met at E3 2018, but he was there for the Smash reveal primarily.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say, it is kind of amazing how much overlap there is between Banjo and Crash fans. Even the Banjo superfan Krazy Bones supports Crash.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D1dUWR_WoAAIpzD.png

We do love our fuzzy 90s mascots.

Hard to say. Maybe it was more difficult for Sakurai to work with a foreigner than the reverse was for Phil, or Nintendo was more picky about negotiations than Microsoft. But he's never stated that he actually went over to Microsoft to talk about them; there's the rumor that Phil Spencer and Sakurai met at E3 2018, but he was there for the Smash reveal primarily.
It is true that he's never actually had to directly contact Westerners for the prospect of a playable character before. Given that, I'm a bit unsure how many Western characters can be afforded to be included for one game if the language barrier gets in the way in regards to other companies. But since Sakurai pulled through for BK regardless, who knows how further he'll go?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just started playing today and holy crap online is tough. If you don't complete an online race in time will you not receive any wumpa coins? Asking because I always place in 6th or lower.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hello there. Are there any leaks lately that mention our favorite bandicoot possibly being in Smash Bros. Ultimate?

Sorry, I am just bored.

D

Deleted member

SEGA does currently have the license to release and market the Crash franchise in Japan, and Konami already did so in the past with games such as the GBA titles or Wrath Of Cortex.

Not sure if this really helps Crash’s chances or not doh.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I should lay this out here, I personally don't care about Crash Bash, and it should be left alone. They can develop a new Crash game and a remake at the same time for all I care, but Bash wouldn't be worth one iota of investment. Game is so bleeding difficult that even I couldn't 100% it, and I completed a lot of Crash games.

They can bring in Rilla Roo for Nitro-Fueled though, I could live with that.

SEGA does currently have the license to release and market the Crash franchise in Japan, and Konami already did so in the past with games such as the GBA titles or Wrath Of Cortex.

Not sure if this really helps Crash’s chances or not doh.
Incidentally, I was thinking that Activision lacking a JP division compared to Sony when they had owned Crash could complicate things.

I'd be surprised if folks at Konami even remember ever having been involved with Crash.

Hello there. Are there any leaks lately that mention our favorite bandicoot possibly being in Smash Bros. Ultimate?

Sorry, I am just bored.
Nah, it's still a civil war between "vague female fighting game character" and Frisk/Waluigi. It's a stalemate.

Just started playing today and holy crap online is tough. If you don't complete an online race in time will you not receive any wumpa coins? Asking because I always place in 6th or lower.
Pretty much, it deters any cheaters that would farm coins by showing up in races and just lose on purpose. You can still beat the race in time with a low position, though.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
For offline mode, I suggest to go into single races, pick Tiny Arena and play as much of that track as you can on a day.

It gives the most coins of all the offline tracks (80 Wumpa Coins each time you get on first place), and on the weekend of the game’s launch I actually managed to get more than half of the roster unlocked that way.
Thanks for that advice. I was wondering that too

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
So if Crash gets in, will he look like how he does in N. Sane Trilogy? Cause they could also go for a look more befitting to his classic look than N. Sane's (with his beady eyes...) or a look with elements from different designs like Simon on Roy?

I mean, First 4 Figures already differentiates between different looking Crashes...

I'd MUCH rather Crash look like his second design here. It's weird, because some merchandise is closer to a more old-school looking Crash than N. Sane/Nitro-Fueled's is.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
So if Crash gets in, will he look like how he does in N. Sane Trilogy? Cause they could also go for a look more befitting to his classic look than N. Sane's (with his beady eyes...) or a look with elements from different designs like Simon on Roy?

I mean, First 4 Figures already differentiates between different looking Crashes...

I'd MUCH rather Crash look like his second design here. It's weird, because some merchandise is closer to a more old-school looking Crash than N. Sane/Nitro-Fueled's is.
Sakurai uses the most iconic design for 3rd parties so I'd venture he'd pick his 90's look but update it with that Smash Bros. magic.
Something that looks similar to that second statue from First4Figures.

D

Deleted member

I think that Crash would have a different take of the N.Sane design if he got in Smash. Maybe with shorter fur, more wacky movement or poses and maybe with his size adapted to be as tall as Mario or Sonic.

I also find the idea of japanese Crash as an alt possible.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, a couple of points to bring up.

Since Coco theoretically couldn't work as either an alt or an echo, we need to find ways to have her be semi-unique. One I thought of is to include Pura in her moveset, so that you could ram into opponents.

Also:

Assuming that this guy's assumption is correct and it's just new games from now on, would they take some of the non-ND characters and insert them into brand-new contexts? Crunch and N. Trance definitely would be, that much is certain.

At least I can see Spyro getting new games after Reignited, since I don't think they'd want to try and fix the hot mess that was Enter the Dragonfly...

D

Deleted member

Alright, a couple of points to bring up.

Since Coco theoretically couldn't work as either an alt or an echo, we need to find ways to have her be semi-unique. One I thought of is to include Pura in her moveset, so that you could ram into opponents.

Also:

Assuming that this guy's assumption is correct and it's just new games from now on, would they take some of the non-ND characters and insert them into brand-new contexts? Crunch and N. Trance definitely would be, that much is certain.

At least I can see Spyro getting new games after Reignited, since I don't think they'd want to try and fix the hot mess that was Enter the Dragonfly...
Crash is totally getting new games too soon.

I expect a completely new platformer which may feature N.Trance or a new villain to change things a little and maybe Crunch as part of the good guys.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...Racing-Nitro-Fueled-content-additions-updates

Among others things mentioned here. The upcoming patch will address the save data issue, and this weekend only they're handing out a free 2500 Wumpa coin gift!

And the new pit stop items will include flags from various nations!

And online will have podium animation sequences!

And the CNK characters will get Velo Masks!

Also, the Nitro Squad got an alternate render with their regular clothes: https://twitter.com/TheWumpaGem/status/1144704529352601600

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I suppose it's possible that getting Banjo into the game was difficult on Nintendo's part, but easy on Microsoft's.

I think one of the big things in favor of Crash for the fighter pass is how stacked the lineup has been so far.

Joker was a ridiculous left-field pick to throw off everyone's expectations

DQ was a massive boon for Japan

Banjo was a (for some people) LIFELONG never-ever finally being realized.

Granted, we could wind up with something like the Smash 4 DLC newcomers (where there were 4 wildly iconic or hype picks and... Corrin, a complete shill pick that even Sakurai wasn't excited about including), but I have a feeling that's not gonna happen.

Also just throwing this out there: I cannot STAND the modern look of Crash. I can't place why, but as someone who grew up with the Crash games, the Crash of the N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled is NOT my Crash.

And it's not an issue of nostalgia goggles, cause I have no problem with how Spyro looks in the Reignited Trilogy.

I'm just hoping Sakurai doesn't do a clean lift of Crash from the new games, and makes him look a bit more... classic.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I suppose it's possible that getting Banjo into the game was difficult on Nintendo's part, but easy on Microsoft's.

I think one of the big things in favor of Crash for the fighter pass is how stacked the lineup has been so far.

Granted, we could wind up with something like the Smash 4 DLC newcomers (where there were 4 wildly iconic or hype picks and... Corrin, a complete shill pick that even Sakurai wasn't excited about including), but I have a feeling that's not gonna happen.

Also just throwing this out there: I cannot STAND the modern look of Crash. I can't place why, but as someone who grew up with the Crash games, the Crash of the N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled is NOT my Crash.

And it's not an issue of nostalgia goggles, cause I have no problem with how Spyro looks in the Reignited Trilogy.

I'm just hoping Sakurai doesn't do a clean lift of Crash from the new games, and makes him look a bit more... classic.
Yeah IDK Crash in the remakes just kinda looks a bit too "cranky" or tired, with ugly, unappealing looking eyes. Man looks like a restless old, bitter coot or something. At least the Titans design had more appealing eyes.

CrashBandicoot_12inch_XL_Holder_4.jpeg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, only four days before our ladies get in here.

D9stsOFXkAIB8Pq.jpg

D-Oz3-7WkAQ5Yuh.jpg

Regardless who's coming next, at least some people out there will be disappointed with the remaining two picks of the fighter pass. That's a pattern that I don't expect to change.

At least I know to be open to any possibility, aside from the completely unpredictable.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion

I want the classic Crash, to. I want Crash to LOOK memorable that even echoes his PS1 days. Give him his classic nodes. :chuckle:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If what I've heard is accurate, Banjo was negotiated quite a while before that E3 meeting.

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
hey every Crashbois can i link the crash supports server on discord? it's small but we can make it bigger

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
While I'm only a small Crash Bandicoot fan at heart, I have made a moveset for him which doesn't have his Crash spin as a special move.

Tell me what you all think.

Fighter Ability: Aku Aku - Much like Joker's rebellion gauge, Aku Aku will appear when Crash Bandicoot takes enough damage. This will allow Crash to take half the damage and knock-back he would normally take without him. However Aku Aku has his own health bar and will deplete over time and will deplete faster if Crash keeps being attacked. If Aku Aku is defeated while Crash is currently being attacked, Crash will be instantly KO'd and the Aku Aku death sound plays when he his health gauge is completely depleted.

Neutral Combo: Crash does the Iconic Crash spin. Like Megaman, he can move while spinning. It is a single hit move but it does a lot of knock-back.

Dash Attack: Crash hops and lunges forward with his belly out much like King K. Rool and then falls flat on his face to the ground.
Crash performs the slide attack from Crash 2 and 3 which can be jumped cancelled for a much higher jump than his regular jump.

Side Tilt: Crash does the Iconic Crash spin. He can move while doing this like Megaman. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Neutral Aerial, Forward Aerial and Back Aerial.

Down Tilt: Crash performs the slide attack from Crash 2 and 3 which can be jumped cancelled for a much higher jump than his regular jump.

Up Tilt: Crash performs a handstand kick upwards.

Neutral Aerial: Crash does the aerial version of his Iconic Crash spin. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Side Tilt, Forward Aerial and Back Aerial. If this attack is used while performing the slide jump, Crash will gain some extra air time much like in Crash 2 and 3.

Forward Aerial: Crash does the aerial version of his Iconic Crash spin. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Side Tilt, Neutral Aerial and Back Aerial. If this attack is used while performing the slide jump, Crash will gain some extra air time much like in Crash 2 and 3.

Back Aerial: Crash does the aerial version of his Iconic Crash spin. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Side Tilt, Neutral Aerial and Forward Aerial.

Up Aerial: Crash flips upside down and kicks both of his feet upwards like he is stomping and flips right-side up again.

Down Aerial: Crash performs the Belly flop from Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3. Much like the games, Crash's momentum is dependant on what part of the jump he belly flops at. If he performs it while rising, he will perform the belly flop while still carrying the momentum of the jump until he starts falling.
It will cause him to fast fall but can meteor smash opponents if Crash manages to hit the them at the sweet spot which is under his belly.

Forward Smash: Crash repulses back as if he is trying to regurgitate something from his stomach. He then forcefully lets out forward with his mouth open with a gem on his tongue that deals knock-back to anyone in-front of him. The Gem then disappears and plays the gem collect sound. The coloured gems are able to appear but they do no further damage and are purely aesthetic.

Up Smash: Crash faces his ear upward and readies his hand beneath his head as if he ready to shove slap. Crash then hits his head from below and a crystal pops out from out of the ear facing upwards. The Crystal then disappears and plays the gem collect sound.

Down Smash: Crash readies to pull out something from his behind. He then jumps and rides the now pulled out Relic from his behind like a Pogo stick to slam to the ground. The Relic then disappears and plays the gem collect sound. The colour of the Relic depends on how long the Down Smash was held. Sapphire for tap smash, Gold for animation end and Platinum for full power.

Neutral Special: Fruit Bazooka - Crash pulls out the Fruit Bazooka from Crash 3. Hold the button to aim the launcher and let go to launch a Wumpa fruit. If the button is just pressed, Crash will shoot in-front of him.

Side Special: Death Tornado Spin - Crash spins around and performs the Death Tornado Spin which unlike his regular spin, is a multi hit move with great horizontal recovery. It can be button mashed to keep Crash in the air longer.

Up Special: Jet-pack - A jet-pack appears on Crash's back as it helps propel him straight upwards until the jet-pack malfunctions and blows up, leaving Crash in a helpless state. It is an improvised version of the Rocket Jump from Crash 2 N tranced.

Down Special: Super Charged Body Slam - Much like in Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash will spin around and slam himself to the floor with much more force than the belly flop. Unlike the belly flop, the Super Charged Body Slam grants Crash Bandicoot super armour. If it is performed on the ground, Crash will hop before activating the special move.

Final Smash: Nitrus Laser Blaster - A jet-pack appears on Crash's back and flies sideways to hit an opponent. Now the playing field is set in space and the trapped opponents are in line of sight with Nitrus' laser blaster. Crash then "crash" lands onto the button by belly flopping on top of it that shoots down the opponents and instantly KOing any opponent above 100% damage.

Grab and pummel animations: When Crash grabs an opponent, he will punch the opponent with little jabs. If Aku Aku is summoned, he will pummel the opponent too.

Forward throw: Crash jumps and puts both of his feet on the opponent to kick them while flipping backwards.

Back throw: Crash performs the crash spin and throws his opponent behind him.

Up throw: Crash casually throws his opponent up in to the air with both of his arms.

Down throw: Crash, akin to Diddy Kong throws his opponent from underneath them, Causing them to be thrown behind him.

Entrance animation: A warp that leads from the Warp Room in Crash Warped appears as Crash spins around in his double jump/slide jump pose and lands onto the ground. The warp then disappears.

Idle animation 1: Crash becomes bored as he sighs, crosses his arms and taps his foot.

Idle animation 2: Crash looks to his left and right then scratches his head.

Sneaking: Crash performs the Sneak Shoes ability from the Wrath of Cortex.

Walking: Crash walks casually like he does in the N sane trilogy.

Running: Crash performs the Crash Dash ability from Crash Warped.

Crouch/Crawl: Crash crouches and crawls just like he does in his games.

Up Taunt: Crash performs the first part of the remastered Crash Dance. He has his arms out to the sides and waves them while looking from side to side. He then performs the crotch chop one to the left and one to the right.

Side taunt: Crash performs the second part of the remastered Crash Dance. He performs the running man from left to right.

Down Taunt: Crash performs the third part of the remastered Crash Dance. Crash ducks down and skids himself 180 degrees away from the screen, turns his torso and head towards the screen, giving a peekaboo pose.

Victory animation 1: Crash builds up his excitement and then jumps up with excitement while yelling "Yee-hah" where the splash screen will occur. Afterwards Crash falls down and looks at the screen in joy. This victory animation will be the only one to play for Team battles.

Victory animation 2: Crash spins his way to the results screen and just before the splash screen, Crash hits the screen. Afterwards, he will fall over and hit the ground but then decide to sleep.

Victory animation 3: Crash break-dances much like one of his idle animations. He then jumps to feet and poses like he does when he collects a gem in Crash 1 while shouting "dah dah dah daaaaaaah!" at the splash screen.

Losing animation: Crash is seen grumpy by the loss with his snout drooping as he claps slowly.

Kirby Hat: Kirby wears the top of Crash's head and carries himself a mini Fruit bazooka.

Unique feature: When Crash is KO'd via off-screen, his shoes will fly to the opposite of the direction from where he was KO'd.

These next four animations can play when Crash is certain to be KO'd and there are no walls in-between him to tech off from. While these animations are playing, Crash is not interactable and after they are done playing, the Instant KO animation plays. These animations do not play if Crash is hit during the final KO zoom.

- If Crash is hit by an explosive or a high knock-back fire attack like Mario's Forward Smash, Flare Blitz, Din's Fire, Crash Bandicoot will turn into soot and his ashes will fall to the ground.
- If Crash is hit by a high knock-back electric attack such as Dr. Mario's Forward Smash, Thunder, Charge Shot or R.O.B.'s laser attacks, Crash Bandicoot will be comically electrocuted like in the N.Sane Trilogy.
- If Crash is hit by a high knock-back attack that could flatten opponents such as Ridley, King K. Roll or Incineroar's down smash, the Bowser Bomb or the Super Dedede Jump, Crash will be flattened and will look up to see what's happening and then lie down again.
- If Crash is hit by a powerful attack that activates the special zoom feature like the Falcon Punch, Judge 9, Revenge activated attacks, etc. Crash will become an angel and fly upwards.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Gotta be honest, I have a hard time not imagining his slide to be his dash attack and his iconic, death tornado-capable spin to be his neutral special. That seems the most fitting to the controls of his games; doesn't he always need momentum to do his slide anyway? Not that his spinning couldn't also be in some of his other moves, tho.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I like to imagine a ride animal being his dash attack, since you can not control them and it is a mad dash.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Gotta be honest, I have a hard time not imagining his slide to be his dash attack and his iconic, death tornado-capable spin to be his neutral special. That seems the most fitting to the controls of his games; doesn't he always need momentum to do his slide anyway? Not that his spinning couldn't also be in some of his other moves, tho.
My reasoning for making the Crash spin a normal A button move is because it's Crash's most reliable and frequently used move in the games. It just didn't feel right making it a special move when it's Crash's main attacking move, plus it left room for more of his abilities to be used like the Fruit Bazooka, Death Tornado Spin, Rocket Jump (Which I've improvised into my Jet-Pack special move) and the Super Charged Body Slam which I think suit the Special moves better.

I did at one point think to make the slide attack to be his dash attack but I was thinking that because it uses the crouch button that it should be his down tilt. Now that I think about, the dash attack could carry momentum so I'm changing that. Both the Dash attack and Down tilt should make Crash slide.

I like to imagine a ride animal being his dash attack, since you can not control them and it is a mad dash.
I wanted to keep Crash solo and use only moves that he can use alone. The only exception being Aku Aku as he is with Crash for many of his adventures and even then he is mostly there as a fighter ability. Animal buddies such as Polar and Pura seem like they would used more as background characters for a Crash Bandicoot stage rather than being part of his moveset.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Off topic but it makes sense for Capcom to get more stuff. They are super easy for Nintendo to work with (look at the content Capcom has given us in Smash), and they got a lot of big IPs.

That being said, I am reasonably sure that the last two characters are gonna be Jill and Crash.
I would be so damn excited for this. An RE rep (although I would prefer Leon) and Crash are my two most wanted at this point. I honestly feel like after them I would pretty much be completely satisfied by the roster. Minus perhaps a few Nintendo characters and an FPS rep. What makes you have confidence in Crash if you don't mind me asking?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
My reasoning for making the Crash spin a normal A button move is because it's Crash's most reliable and frequently used move in the games. It just didn't feel right making it a special move when it's Crash's main attacking move, plus it left room for more of his abilities to be used like the Fruit Bazooka, Death Tornado Spin, Rocket Jump (Which I've improvised into my Jet-Pack special move) and the Super Charged Body Slam which I think suit the Special moves better.

I did at one point think to make the slide attack to be his dash attack but I was thinking that because it uses the crouch button that it should be his down tilt. Now that I think about, the dash attack could carry momentum so I'm changing that. Both the Dash attack and Down tilt should make Crash slide.
But Crash could have a neutral special of spinning with the Death Tornado powerup already involved, acting like both that and a less powerful "classic" spin if need be. He'd be able to do either on the ground or in midair for extra air time, just like in the games. And his down areal could JUST be his body slam in its power up form; also making it take up the down special slot when it was always a move that required above ground presence in the games seems wasteful.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seeing all the talk about "we don't need no more remakes, new game naow" on Twitter, I honestly have some doubts over whether the training wheels should be removed that soon.

The original NG games have, to this day, been real tough acts to follow. To the point that every following game either bombed in sales, failed to live up to their quality, was heavily scrutinized, or a combination of all three.

Whichever team Activision would pick for this, however talented they are, has the weight of 23 years of legacy on their shoulders. Making a new successful game after CTRNF is not a task that should be taken lightly, which most people don't seem to realise. If they're not extremely careful, history may repeat itself.

Though I do agree that Crash Bash is mostly pointless, Rilla Roo is the only thing that can be salvaged from it, imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom