• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well everyone... This could possibly and finally be it.

It's been a long run, But we might possibly finally know if our boy Crash Bandicoot makes the final cut or not.

I'm definitely not as optimistic as I once was in the beginning, But you never really know until it's over.

Even if it doesn't end up being Crash, I'm hoping it's something at least catered more towards my taste.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Well, there's one week to go to see how things pan out.

I'm not betting on it but it is entirely possible that the final character is Crash, delayed from E3 by covid and late in negotiation.
I'm not getting my hopes up for Crash at this point. I've thought things over a bit more over the last few weeks, and I just don't think Nintendo and Activision's working relationship is strong enough to warrant them offering Crash to join Super Smash Bros., even if Crash and Spyro are amongst the only things Activision is willing to work with Nintendo on. I honestly think Microsoft is the only western company getting fighters for Ultimate now. I don't even know who to guess at for the final fighter anymore either.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not getting my hopes up for Crash at this point. I've thought things over a bit more over the last few weeks, and I just don't think Nintendo and Activision's working relationship is strong enough to warrant them offering Crash to join Super Smash Bros., even if Crash and Spyro are amongst the only things Activision is willing to work with Nintendo on. I honestly think Microsoft is the only western company getting fighters for Ultimate now. I don't even know who to guess at for the final fighter anymore either.
Well if you want to know my picks for most likely, Cinderace, Dixie Kong, Phoenix Wright and a Second Sonic character.

I'm still hoping for Crash but I can keep my hopes in check... by spreading them thin among like 20 characters.

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
I think the social managers kinda screwed it up with Crash anniversary thing, it was kinda pointless all that fanfare to build up for absolute nothing, not even a new game or remaster. With that said, Crash was one of the two most difficult characters I wanted and he could still be the last character, but in retrospect I don't see him getting even considered for Fighter Pass 2... Maybe it was too soon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I'm not ready to give up hope on any character that doesn't have a hard disconfirm until the end, Crash included.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yeah. We're in a tough limbo. I never knew I wanted Crash until not too long ago. The odds are definitely stacked out of our favor.
Oh, I was refeering to the Activision-Blizzard problematic.

Anyway, these weird teases around Crash's 25th anniversary are getting a bit sus to me. There's gotta be SOMETHING they're planning, specially after they kept sending that wumpa piñata to people. Since we still didn't get anything from all these teases and the day of the smash character reveal is coming soon, maybe we can still have hope that these teases could be related to the smash reveal.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Just beware of using coincidences since surprises are sometimes not what a lot of people wish for.
Of course I know it is more likely these teases have no relation with the smash reveal. It is just that I don't feel like having to point out in like every post for people to take any sort of minimal hope with a gran of salt

Dukefire

Smash Master
A lot of us are tired to the point we just want closure for Ultimate to be finished. It's understandable with speculation cranked up to 11 on the final stretch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A lot of us are tired to the point we just want closure for Ultimate to be finished. It's understandable with speculation cranked up to 11 on the final stretch.
Maybe even to 12 given that Pass 2 was mostly leak proof.

I suspect Sakurai got himself some flex tape... and used to to tape up the leaker.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Of course I know it is more likely these teases have no relation with the smash reveal. It is just that I don't feel like having to point out in like every post for people to take any sort of minimal hope with a gran of salt
I feel the same way, It's annoying to be told so or constantly having to repeat ourselves regarding the situation when we already know what's at stake.

It's like ok, We get it, We don't have to be told every single time theirs another character reveal, People are still gonna complain and do what they do.

Last edited:

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
If the Crash Bandicoot twitter ain't gonna say it then I will. Happy 1-year anniversary to Crash 4! A very well-thought-out revitalization of the series! Definitely put Crash and team in a good place in terms of world-building, faithfulness to the appeal of the series and level design with all of this being done under a fresh and shiny new coat of paint. Well done Toys for Bob! Never stop Crashing!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If the Crash Bandicoot twitter ain't gonna say it then I will. Happy 1-year anniversary to Crash 4! A very well-thought-out revitalization of the series! Definitely put Crash and team in a good place in terms of world-building, faithfulness to the appeal of the series and level design with all of this being done under a fresh and shiny new coat of paint. Well done Toys for Bob! Never stop Crashing!
Well, given what happened to Toys For Bob after this, at least they went out with a bang.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
My favorite game in the series. Happy Birthday!!! Thanks for bringing me so much joy!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It's nerve racking we're only a couple days away from knowing who the final DLC character is.

If it's Crash, the boards will crash :troll:

If it's not Crash, then I'm glad to join this crazy ride over the last two years. It's been a very wild two years and we kept getting disappointed. But fear not, my Crashes and Crashettes. We still have more games in the future to finally have our Crash vs Mario vs Sonic fight

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
These are the final two hints. There will be no more after this. It's been my pleasure analyzing all of these detailed clues for all of you but there is simply no time for more hints after this.

HINT #26: https://twitter.com/RealStevenator/status/1440728601943363588

Comrade RealStevenator found a very interesting parallel on his own. He was replying (with his observation obviously) to a post the Crash twitter made the day before the September Nintendo direct we all just had a while ago. Seems just solid enough to be an official hint.

HINT #27: https://twitter.com/CrashBandicoot/status/1436117221139378181

I found one myself though I consider it the final hint (though chronologically it came about before Comrade RealStevenator's find) and WOAH indeed it's quite the prophetic hint is I do so myself which I just did. I think the "final wumpa" is a direct parallel with the final smash invitation! Even the Wumpa itself vaguely reminds one of something like the Smash icon doesn't it?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
These are the final two hints. There will be no more after this. It's been my pleasure analyzing all of these detailed clues for all of you but there is simply no time for more hints after this.

HINT #26: https://twitter.com/RealStevenator/status/1440728601943363588

Comrade RealStevenator found a very interesting parallel on his own. He was replying (with his observation obviously) to a post the Crash twitter made the day before the September Nintendo direct we all just had a while ago. Seems just solid enough to be an official hint.
Interesting. I am not sure if this means that much for Crash's chances, but still worth posting.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
As brief as Crash's return was, it's good to know that his comeback was great.
Now don't play the doomsday card yet. Activision may be in a world of **** right now but it's unlikely that they will completely collapse with how big they are. And if they do, Crash should end up being bought by someone else. Or if you are talking about Activision putting all hands on deck on COD.....I agree that it's a slippery slope but reports have said that Vanguard is having a troubled development cycle so I wouldn't be too worried for Crash's (and Spyro's) future right now.

It sucks that the marsupial and dragon have to be all mixed in with that drama, but I have hope that they will live on.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll say, if the trailer starts and it's in live action then I'll be convinced that it's Crash. I've been calling a mascot costume fight for ages.

I had the perfect idea for a reveal trailer and involves getting as 90's game advertising as you can get.

Starts in live action with Crash (Mascot suit) outside of Nintendo America headquarters with a Megaphone goading plumber boy into a throwdown. Then Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Pikachu (all looking like they did in that famous Smash 64 trailer) come out and stare him down. Crash looks at the screen and says something to the effect of "about time" he spins and it transitions to his 3D model

CRASH SPINS TO WIN!

Then after the gameplay show off and the Ultimate logo... we cut to all five in jail cells and we see a woman dressed like Princess Peach and woman dressed like Coco posting bail.

Note: The Japanese trailer would have different live action segments using their version of Mascot Crash.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
Now don't play the doomsday card yet. Activision may be in a world of **** right now but it's unlikely that they will completely collapse with how big they are. And if they do, Crash should end up being bought by someone else. Or if you are talking about Activision putting all hands on deck on COD.....I agree that it's a slippery slope but reports have said that Vanguard is having a troubled development cycle so I wouldn't be too worried for Crash's (and Spyro's) future right now.

It sucks that the marsupial and dragon have to be all mixed in with that drama, but I have hope that they will live on.
Well said friend.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Sometimes you never know and not impossible, But depending on the vibe and setting of the beginning part of Smash reveal trailers at least gives you an idea of what type/kinds of character usually get revealed.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sometimes you never know and not impossible, But depending on the vibe and setting of the beginning part of Smash reveal trailers at least gives you an idea of what type/kinds of character usually get revealed.
I'd say of the current DLC, those closest that was "impossible" for me was Banjo

And I legit jumped for joy

Top Bottom