• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Source

"This is referring to Crash, with Imran confidently saying no.
First there was Nate deconfirming Crash, and now this.
Now I dont believe Imran or Nate know who is next, but I think a few leakers seem to be aware that Crash is NOT happening, and are comfortable with saying they don't expect him."
- GameFaqs

Deconfirmation? Thoughts on this?
It’s just him calling the title of the article clickbait and the voice work from a week or so ago isnt for Smash

if Crash did get in smash the voice work would have been done far in advance. Or, they reuse voice clips from other Crash games

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

Source

Now I dont believe Imran or Nate know who is next, but I think a few leakers seem to be aware that Crash is NOT happening, and are comfortable with saying they don't expect him."
- GameFaqs

That's a... scary coincidence to happen after my last message went out.

That said, I was under the impression that Imran only had prior knowledge about Min Min and every character he brought up afterward were just guesses.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
A big thing that makes me confident in Crash is the fact that Nintendo seems interested in Crash. They acknowledge him being an icon twice and even put him in that one video talking about video game characters people recognize alongside Nintendo's top dogs, Spyro and Sonic, That, combined with all the recent games being on the Switch and Crash generally being popular in the West and having an audience in Japan, would make him a valuable pick in Nintendo's eyes.
These seem especially noteworthy to me as well. That specific trailer that calls Crash one of the "familiar faces on Switch" was amazing to me, and the only characters shown in it that aren't already in Smash are Crash and Spyro!

I know that Crash was called an "icon" when they revealed the Nsane Trilogy for Switch, but when was the second time?
What's gonna happen if neither of the last 2 fighters are Crash? What're you all gonna do if that happens? Is it gonna be the Geno fans all over again? Cause that's what I think is gonna happen...
Probably cry in a corner somewhere. Lol

Seriously though, I'd be pretty damn sad. As I've said before, I'd get past it though, and just try to be thankful for who we do have.

I can't speak for all Crash fans, but I do sincerely hope that at least on THIS thread we won't have any melt-downs and character hating occur if Crash doesn't make it. Please, let's be civil folks.

Last edited:

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
My problem is that I only want Crash and Sora for Smash at this point, given that we already have a lot of important Nintendo characters and 3rd party icons important both for Nintendo and the industry in general, I think these two in particular should have been in the series since the first fighters pass.
They both have icon status, a long history with Nintendo and everybody want them!!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Source

- GameFaqs

When did NateDrake say that?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
When did NateDrake say that?
I think they might mean when Nate clarified on a podcast that he didn't think Master Chief or Crash were getting in? Which we discussed earlier and didn't really take much worry in.

Looking at the statement:
First there was Nate deconfirming Crash, and now this."

So, an already flimsy-at-best basis for a leak from Nate and someone only definitively saying no to "if the voice acting stuff meant a Smash leak" which is admittedly also flimsy-at-best considering it would have been recorded by now, the latter person apparently not getting info that weren't just guesses since Min Min?

"Now I dont believe Imran or Nate know who is next, but I think a few leakers seem to be aware that Crash is NOT happening, and are comfortable with saying they don't expect him."

Soooooooooooo the same 2 leakers just mentioned under having not too convincing evidence? Or others? If there were other people talking about Crash like that, I think this thread would have already taken notice.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just remember that leaks isn't the best source as proven with Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra's reveal.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just remember that leaks isn't the best source as proven with Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra's reveal.
That depends on who’s doing the leaking

if like Vergeben or Zhuge or Brushie says something then yeah I’ll take their word for it

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Source

- GameFaqs

Pretty sure he said "no" to the fact that the article focused on a ****ing emoji reply to write an article that's genuinely worthless when you can easily answer "No, Crash wasn't leaked". Crash can be the next character, but no, they didn't leak it while replying with an emoji.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I think that if Crash gets in, smash team will re-use his voice clips from N’Sane Trilogy just like they re-use most Banjo-Kazooie audio clips.

Btw, I don’t have too much faith in insiders until we are very near E3 (like the day before), thats at least 2 weeks more

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Remember that if something is fake doesnt necessarily mean the character is out of the running. That fake palutena leak comes to mind. Sometimes people get lucky.

And guys, be hopeful that at least something Crash related is happening at least. Considering what happened to Toys for Bob, at the very least Crash is still going strong.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I think that if Crash gets in, smash team will re-use his voice clips from N’Sane Trilogy just like they re-use most Banjo-Kazooie audio clips.

Btw, I don’t have too much faith in insiders until we are very near E3 (like the day before), thats at least 2 weeks more
If Crash is based on his pre-Crash 4 look not only because they went for the classic look ala Pac-Man, Mega Man, Simon, Ken and Banjo but because of the time Crash would have been negotiated in 2019 (not that there couldn't still be some content from Crash 4 at least in Spirits and smaller references, maybe part of the reason why Crash would be coming now instead of sooner because they'd have waited until Crash 4 content could be included in some way!), maybe this could be the swan song for Jess Harnell's portrayal of Crash? Though I'd hope they'd do the design better than N. Sane/Nitro-Fueled considering how good fellow furry mascot Banjo looks.
EDIT:
Remember that if something is fake doesnt necessarily mean the character is out of the running. That fake palutena leak comes to mind. Sometimes people get lucky.
Or how the Grinch leak still ended up getting Banjo and Ken right.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
b3510c1d99ed006ca18cf2a37f64f183.gif

Source

- GameFaqs

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I distance myself from Smash forum talk anyway, but going through these threads is just kinda mind-numbing.

And for all this deconfirm talk of theirs, they seem to only ever put forward the evidence for that being the flimsy NateDrake podcast thing from a while ago we already talked over, and this new flimsy piece where a guy (who's just been guessing since Min Min, was it?) just said no to a clickbait article over a voice work thing meaning "a Smash leak". Maybe also the TFB creative being asked about Crash, but we also talked over that. I did see one person claim "NateDrake saw a character that wasn't Crash or MC" but I'm not sure if that's just bogus.

So if the "multiple leakers denying Crash" are just literally these two flimsy things and refuting it with "he was just saying no to a clickbait article" doesn't even get questioned, it doesn't seem to make much of a case for deconfirmation, at the very least. Would y'all say so?

Also lol at "his requests would have came in too late for Ultimate". Steve was being negotiated since like 2015 (which may also contrast with "but Microsoft and Nintendo had a good relationship" depending on if it started pre-Microsoft purchase or not, this being years before the SURVIVE TOGETHER campaign was even a thing), was his support at Smash 4's last days the level it was through Ultimate's speculation? Not to say it didn't exist, but was it what fuelled those negotiations, or just adjacent to it? Also Terry, Joker for characters with less of a definitive Smash demand, but maybe those were also fuelled by a more personal desire to get in from the Smash people or something.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I did see one person claim "NateDrake saw a character that wasn't Crash or MC" but I'm not sure if that's just bogus.
So many fun things about this line, but my personal favorite detail is that this only applies to one of the characters, meaning the other could absolutely be Crash or the Chief. If this is correct that leaves the last 2 as follows:

-A character (that may or may not be Crash or MC)
-A character

In other words, this guys knows just about as much as the rest of us.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
All I can really say is don't take Imran's tweet as a deconfirmation. Imran has connections to the video game industry, and I whole-heartedly think he knew Min Min was in the game before the reveal, but all he's saying here is that the photo that was posted on Instagram of Crash and Cortex's voice actors is not related to Smash. It doesn't really sound like he is saying Crash won't be in at all, but rather that image that was posted on Instagram is something else not related to Smash, so I wouldn't read too much in that.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Another episode in the Scott Whyte saga of potentially teasing of what this project he and Lex Lang are voicing in:

https://twitter.com/richie_farley1/status/1395492029614882818 (<<< tweet link)

He basically made an Instagram post talking about briefly of how his post has been spawning a lot of articles about it. He did CONFIRM that he and Lex Lang were in the studio recording something and right before the video ended, he did say this:

"We are working on the brand new--" right before the video ended (on purpose ofc)

So while obviously we won't know for some time of what this project is, the fact he said "We are working on the brand new--" in it could imply a few things.

EDIT: The thing with Imran is honestly kinda eh. Predicted Min-Min coming but ever since then, we've been in the dark for the MOST part of who would be coming to Smash. I still think it COULD be for the trailer, but who knows. Doesn't change the fact that it's still likely to be Crash related and if not? Oh well.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Another episode in the Scott Whyte saga of potentially teasing of what this project he and Lex Lang are voicing in:

https://twitter.com/richie_farley1/status/1395492029614882818 (<<< tweet link)

He basically made an Instagram post talking about briefly of how his post has been spawning a lot of articles about it. He did CONFIRM that he and Lex Lang were in the studio recording something and right before the video ended, he did say this:

"We are working on the brand new--" right before the video ended (on purpose ofc)

So while obviously we won't know for some time of what this project is, the fact he said "We are working on the brand new--" in it could imply a few things.

EDIT: The thing with Imran is honestly kinda eh. Predicted Min-Min coming but ever since then, we've been in the dark for the MOST part of who would be coming to Smash. I still think it COULD be for the trailer, but who knows. Doesn't change the fact that it's still likely to be Crash related and if not? Oh well.
There's one problem I'm having with the voice work possibly being for a smash trailer.

Smash trailers aren't made and finished a week before their reveals. They're usually made months in advance since they take so long to create. So if Lex and Scott are still doing voice work on this new Crash project they keep bringing up, then that makes me think that the current project they're working on isn't related to Smash. Especially if we keep thinking that E3 is where Crash gets revealed.

Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Right AFTER I posted the Scott video, Lex posted his video on his Instagram:

https://twitter.com/richie_farley1/status/1395499131716599808 (<<<<< tweet link)

At this point, I’m curious on whatever it is they are teasing. Lex pointed out a few guesses that people were speculating (Twinsanity remake and Smash Ultimate DLC. Although he didn't give a clear denial of either one), while adding “both of us are really excited to get into..” before stopping at that

Hmmm...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Right AFTER I posted the Scott video, Lex posted his video on his Instagram:

https://twitter.com/richie_farley1/status/1395499131716599808 (<<<<< tweet link)

At this point, I’m curious on whatever it is they are teasing. Lex pointed out a few guesses that people were speculating (Twinsanity remake and Smash Ultimate DLC. Although he didn't give a clear denial of either one), while adding “both of us are really excited to get into..” before stopping at that

Hmmm...
Ooohhh, I wouldn't mind a Twinsanity remake. Extra points if they add in the cut content.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I distance myself from Smash forum talk anyway, but going through these threads is just kinda mind-numbing.

And for all this deconfirm talk of theirs, they seem to only ever put forward the evidence for that being the flimsy NateDrake podcast thing from a while ago we already talked over, and this new flimsy piece where a guy (who's just been guessing since Min Min, was it?) just said no to a clickbait article over a voice work thing meaning "a Smash leak". Maybe also the TFB creative being asked about Crash, but we also talked over that. I did see one person claim "NateDrake saw a character that wasn't Crash or MC" but I'm not sure if that's just bogus.

So if the "multiple leakers denying Crash" are just literally these two flimsy things and refuting it with "he was just saying no to a clickbait article" doesn't even get questioned, it doesn't seem to make much of a case for deconfirmation, at the very least. Would y'all say so?

Also lol at "his requests would have came in too late for Ultimate". Steve was being negotiated since like 2015 (which may also contrast with "but Microsoft and Nintendo had a good relationship" depending on if it started pre-Microsoft purchase or not, this being years before the SURVIVE TOGETHER campaign was even a thing), was his support at Smash 4's last days the level it was through Ultimate's speculation? Not to say it didn't exist, but was it what fuelled those negotiations, or just adjacent to it? Also Terry, Joker for characters with less of a definitive Smash demand, but maybe those were also fuelled by a more personal desire to get in from the Smash people or something.
Imran isn't just "some guy" the dude is a major figure in the gaming industry.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Apparently, while I could be wrong, he is just disconfirming that the voice actor thing is not related to Smash. Given this is brand new, and that Cortex was unlikely to appear alongside Crash anyway in Smash with voices, I don't think Crash is out yet.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Apparently, while I could be wrong, he is just disconfirming that the voice actor thing is not related to Smash. Given this is brand new, and that Cortex was unlikely to appear alongside Crash anyway in Smash with voices, I don't think Crash is out yet.
That's pretty much it. Since the voice actors are still working on this Crash project of theirs, and Smash news is likely only a few weeks away, I think it's safe to say that whatever they're working on isn't Smash-related. The timing of this just feels too late to be something for Smash.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Crash is one of my top three picks but the more I look around the more I'm just not seeing it happen. The fact that the Five Year Plan is looking like a big lie that sold us on a dream isn't helping matters. If that document ACTUALLY had Smash on it we would have heard about it WAY sooner than just seven months ago since it's been known to exist since 2018. The 2020 write-up included Crash 4, OTR, and Smash, and at the time Crash 4 and OTR were already public knowledge. Mixing a few truths along with your lies is how you make your fake leak sound more legit...

I've been down this road with Geno, I know how it ends.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's pretty much it. Since the voice actors are still working on this Crash project of theirs, and Smash news is likely only a few weeks away, I think it's safe to say that whatever they're working on isn't Smash-related. The timing of this just feels too late to something for Smash.
So they could have done the work long before this. After all, they'd have to do this before the second pass was decided, anyway.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
So they could have done the work long before this. After all, they'd have to do this before the second pass was decided, anyway.
I'm talking about the voice actors are CURRENTLY working on though, like, within the last few days of when they first brought up this Crash-related project (that they confirmed earlier today to still be working on), not what they could've been doing potential voicework for months ago.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Crash is one of my top three picks but the more I look around the more I'm just not seeing it happen. The fact that the Five Year Plan is looking like a big lie that sold us on a dream isn't helping matters. If that document ACTUALLY had Smash on it we would have heard about it WAY sooner than just seven months ago since it's been known to exist since 2018. The 2020 write-up included Crash 4, OTR, and Smash, and at the time Crash 4 and OTR were already public knowledge. Mixing a few truths along with your lies is how you make your fake leak sound more legit...

The 5 year plan is not a big lie actually.

If you look at this article from Licensing Source Book (where it was first mentioned in 2018, but looks like it was issued in 2017 based on the language of the page) they specifically mention how next year (2018) is when the N-Sane Trilogy ports would come out for the Switch and PC, while ALSO mentioning a new game was on the way in 2019 (which was Nitro Fueled) along with this being said right afterwards

"Activision have a 5 YEAR PLAN for this (ref to Crash Bandicoot)"

so I don't agree on the idea that the 5 year plan is 'a big lie' honestly. Sure we can debate on whether or not the plan really did mention the stuff that would come in 2020, the mobile game that was mentioned in the plan and whatever 2021 brings us (although I 110% believe that it was planned back then that we would get Nitro Fueled, It's About Time, On the Run and whatever we're going to get in 2021, just not the exact titles of these games probably weren't thought of at the time, except maybe Nitro Fueled?)

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention this. Later on, they even went back and EDITED OUT the mention of how the N Sane Trilogy ports and the new game in 2019 were coming because people caught on to the fact that it was leaked of those two projects coming soon. So the image here is the ORIGINAL part of the magazine of where it explicitly mentions those two things, so if anything? It gives the 5 year plan a bit more credibility. Although the 2021 slot is still unknown to us)

Attachments

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm talking about the voice actors are CURRENTLY working on though, like, within the last few days of when they first brought up this Crash-related project (that they confirmed earlier today to still be working on), not what they could've been doing potential voicework for months ago.
I know, I am just saying that if they were doing work for Crash in Smash, this wouldn't be it.

Whatever they are working on must be something completely different and unrelated to Smash, and is brand new, anyway.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
The 5 year plan is not a big lie actually.

If you look at this article from Licensing Source Book (where it was first mentioned in 2018, but looks like it was issued in 2017 based on the language of the page) they specifically mention how next year (2018) is when the N-Sane Trilogy ports would come out for the Switch and PC, while ALSO mentioning a new game was on the way in 2019 (which was Nitro Fueled) along with this being said right afterwards

"Activision have a 5 YEAR PLAN for this (ref to Crash Bandicoot)"

so I don't agree on the idea that the 5 year plan is 'a big lie' honestly. Sure we can debate on whether or not the plan really did mention the stuff that would come in 2020, the mobile game that was mentioned in the plan and whatever 2021 brings us (although I 110% believe that it was planned back then that we would get Nitro Fueled, It's About Time, On the Run and whatever we're going to get in 2021, just not the exact titles of these games probably weren't thought of at the time, except maybe Nitro Fueled?)

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention this. Later on, they even went back and EDITED OUT the mention of how the N Sane Trilogy ports and the new game in 2019 were coming because people caught on to the fact that it was leaked of those two projects coming soon. So the image here is the ORIGINAL part of the magazine of where it explicitly mentions those two things, so if anything? It gives the 5 year plan a bit more credibility. Although the 2021 slot is still unknown to us)
I don't doubt the existence of the five year plan, I doubt what are allegedly detailed on said plan.

By the time the non-insider crowd heard anything about it everything listed was things we already knew about except for Smash. How are we supposed to believe that last part when so far not a single character for Pass 2 has leaked that far in advance. Min Min was leaked by Imran subtly a few days before, Steve was leaked a mere 10 minutes before his reveal by Brush, and no one as far as I knew got Sephiroth OR Pyra/Mythra

It just doesn't add up

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

TBH it sounds like you're being a bit pessimistic. It's okay to feel that way, but in reality there's nothing that would allow us to conclude right now that Crash is unlikely to come to the game. It's probably about a 50% chance like with most characters. Remember, he doesn't need a leak to have a shot.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About what Imran said, given that little, if anything has been said about the last two DLC characters; unless he knows, but is not allowed to tell, I think he does not know enough to disconfirm Crash completely as one of the two DLC characters.

Top Bottom