• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
He was the Mascot of Playstation for the entire lifespan of it's first iteration. His most noticeable comparisons are in Mario to Nintendo and Sonic to Sega. It may be incorrect to say Crash is Sony owned, but I dont understand why it is difficult to see why people would think it.

Yeah but Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash were sensational games, the latter never even getting a deserved Sequel.
I was a Nintendo before I bought the first Xbox (then became a Xbox fan) So, I, myself never been as huge of a Playstation fan but, I've always felt that Crash needed to come back to reclaim his former glory on Playstation.

When Playstation Allstars Battle Royal was announced myself and the majority of fans thought Crash was a 100% lock. Yet, he never joined. This always confused me and and then to see not only Crash not appear in a Playstation crossover but freaking Cloud Strife (a character who helped put the Playstation "on the map") appear in Smash Bros; I was just stunned.

I can't help but think of it as a missed opportunity.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
How cool would it be if Crash was revealed and they did an updated version of this commercial? Except instead of guys in costumes it'd be the character models themselves.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Crash hasn't been confirmed for Smash Bros. So far, there hasn't even been a confirmation of Playstation Allstars 2 (I for one really want a sequel). Crash should be in Playstation Allstars 2 should it happen.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How cool would it be if Crash was revealed and they did an updated version of this commercial? Except instead of guys in costumes it'd be the character models themselves.

My dream reveal of Smash was a remake of this commercial, the most epic commercial ever made. Except still in crappy costumes.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Ahh, I really miss campy 90's ads with guys in costumes. Playstation was the king of that back in the day.

D

Deleted member

You don't need to be so harsh on titans and mutants. I know those games didn't really please the fans but they weren't as bad as everyone claims. I honestly bet that if it weren't for that stupid redesign the games' reception would be so much better

Also try the DS version of Titans, it's surprisingly good
I wasn't harsh, just said it wasn't the first instance of Crash being on a Nintendo console
I haven't played any Crash game aside from the first few levels of the first game

D

Deleted member

@Lampy Lukingordex Lukingordex Just leave it be. One of you was arguing over earliest and one of you was arguing over latest but somehow neither could see that and both of you wound up offended.
This is all just a big misunderstanding. I wasn't arguing over anything, I was just correcting someone.
I don't know about Lukingordex but I didn't get offended by anything.
Don't try to stop Drama that doesn't exist.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
@Lampy Lukingordex Lukingordex Just leave it be. One of you was arguing over earliest and one of you was arguing over latest but somehow neither could see that and both of you wound up offended.
To be clear, i'm not really offended by anything at all and all i did was express my opinion about the titans/mutans games situation. It's just a normal discussion. Anyway that discussion was basically a misunderstading on my part towards lampy's response to the other guy which lampy also misinterpreted. It's just a pretty unusual and weird situation we got in.

Last edited:

Sir Ridley XII

Smash Cadet
Here are some music possibilities from the Crash franchise in Smash Bros.

Dingodile: https://youtu.be/JVjIZymJjoQ

Crash Dash: https://youtu.be/UNio4TFYLME

Big Fight: https://youtu.be/YJV985x3R3E

Drain Damage: https://youtu.be/nNZIz6X-D3M

Crashes To Ashes: https://youtu.be/u_evb7U3dnQ

Crunch Time: https://youtu.be/r5-ueKhL8eI

Crash Team Racing Boss: https://youtu.be/UKFoTd68gNA

Evil Twins: https://youtu.be/xVuL3yKclvE

Rooftop Rampage: https://youtu.be/Onx_KKcheM4

Cortex Twinsanity Boss: https://youtu.be/TFOVeQQC8rI

Cortex Boss (hybrid remix of 3 games): https://youtu.be/lKqswWZ0Tz0

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
QUESTION TO THE ROOM:

Does anyone want Crash and *not* want Spyro? (og Spyro, not this Skylander's terror).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd love to see Spyro introduced kicking Crash's butt.

And then Ridley swoops in and eats Spyro.

This is the dream.

Sir Ridley XII

Smash Cadet
It is Spyro's 20th anniversary this year, and with the possibilities of Spyro getting a remastered trilogy as well, no doubt it could potentially also get a Switch release. Many moons ago, Spyro would have even been a bigger possibility to appear in Smash Bros. than Crash because he was much more relevant at the time (around the time Smash 4 was being developed), but since Crash has been remastered first classically, and with a larger history of rivalry with Mario and even Sonic, he is the more likely candidate now.

In other news, the N. Sane Trilogy just got announced for Steam.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It was actually announced for Steam and Xbox One a few minutes after the Nintendo Direct 2 days ago.

Spyro is guaranted to eventually come to the Switch. If Crash did, he's gonna be as well. Both IPs are owned by the same company.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
What would be everyone’s most wanted stage for Crash? I think I posted in here the warp room concept I had a while back but what ideas do y’all have?

Sir Ridley XII

Smash Cadet
I wonder if we miraculously get a new story mode with cutscenes in the next Smash like in Subspace Emissary how the fighters teamed up, who should Crash team up with?

For stage, I would want Wumpa Island.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I wonder if we miraculously get a new story mode with cutscenes in the next Smash like in Subspace Emissary how the fighters teamed up, who should Crash team up with?

For stage, I would want Wumpa Island.
I feel a team of Crash, Shulk, and Lucas would be funny.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Oh, honey. You have no idea.
I guess that's for the best...
actually, i kinda do, being a Yoshi main and all that you end up knowing a bit what it is... even if you don't want to

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd gladly take both Crash and Spyro, as unlikely as I feel the latter is due to his lack of popularity and minimal presence in Japan.

As for Crash stages, either N. Sanity Island or Cortex Castle would be my pick. I can see a Warp Room working as well.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
N. Sanity Island imo is the most likely option hands down.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
QUESTION TO THE ROOM:

Does anyone want Crash and *not* want Spyro? (og Spyro, not this Skylander's terror).
Honestly, as I've stated about Crash; I'd rather both Crash and Spyro appear in Playstation Allstars 2. I felt so bad they didn't appear there as both of them were mascots for Playstation and they practically help built the Playstation brand.

If they both appeared (and Cloud returned) some might look at Smash Switch to be like Nintendo vs Playstation.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
QUESTION TO THE ROOM:

I want Spyro and don't really care about Crash that much. Does that count? :p

Crash just wasn't a big part of my childhood. I played it once at a friends house but that was it. Whereas I played Spyro a lot back in the day.

I think the only Crash Bandicoot game I ever owned was Crash Bash....and it was just alright.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Spyro was good but Crash has way more personality. I'm not fussed either way if we get Spyro.

actually, i kinda do, being a Yoshi main and all that you end up knowing a bit what it is... even if you don't want to
As a Kirby main, I think I can (sadly) top that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As for Crash stages, either N. Sanity Island or Cortex Castle would be my pick. I can see a Warp Room working as well.
The Time Twister would work well, with stage hazard coming out from portals and such, would be a good way to represent a lot of Crash stuff in one swoop.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Honestly, as I've stated about Crash; I'd rather both Crash and Spyro appear in Playstation Allstars 2. I felt so bad they didn't appear there as both of them were mascots for Playstation and they practically help built the Playstation brand.

If they both appeared (and Cloud returned) some might look at Smash Switch to be like Nintendo vs Playstation.
ok ok we heard you. No need to say the same thing in like 3 different posts.

I want Spyro and don't really care about Crash that much. Does that count? :p

Crash just wasn't a big part of my childhood. I played it once at a friends house but that was it. Whereas I played Spyro a lot back in the day.

I think the only Crash Bandicoot game I ever owned was Crash Bash....and it was just alright.
*triggered*

Spyro was good but Crash has way more personality. I'm not fussed either way if we get Spyro.

As a Kirby main, I think I can (sadly) top that.
I main both characters in different interactions of Smash Bros. though. I think it's safe to assume you don't top me in that regard.

I'm scared

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Here to Support Crash!
I LOVE him , and i think he will make it to Smash at E3 my friends.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
With the Crash trilogy coming to Switch it would be stupid not to include him in Smash, now is the time it would make most sense. Very few other iconic 3rd party characters that would be such a good fit.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
With Smash Bros coming to the Switch now, I see myself coming back more often to this site :p

Crash has shot up to being my most wanted for Smash and the N.Sane Trilogy coming to the Switch only raises my hopes. It's crazy how a couple years ago it seemed like a pipe dream and now I'm seeing it more of a viable option. Thankfully the wait shouldn't be as long so I'm looking forward to what the future holds!

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for Crash. He's the one western IP I think that has a shot of getting in (as much as I love Banjo).

He was pushed hard in Japan back in the day, and Nintendo already has history of working with Activison. You can play as Crash, Cortex, DK, and Bowser in Skylanders.

Plus, having Mario, Sonic and Crash in one game would be insane. You can relive the console wars of the 90s.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I should not then refer you to my Instagram. :042:

Plus, having Mario, Sonic and Crash in one game would be insane. You can relive the console wars of the 90s.
WAIT- would that mean Nintendo won? Guys... Nintendo won the console war of the 90s. And we may have concrete proof in 2018.

Last edited:
Top Bottom