• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

D

Deleted member

I'm curious to see how the Switch port runs in comparison to the PS4.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
User was warned for this post
It's time guys. This is probably the best chance Crash will ever have of being a smash bros. character, we can't waste this oportunity. GET NOISY

Notice how they said crash is a gaming icon.

Guys i think it's happening oh my god

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Unbelievably stoked for the port, so much so that the Smash announcement didn't even overshadow it. Count me in with the Crash supporters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
AND- Smash Switch is happening too.

THIS MUCH HAPPENING CAN'T BE SAFELY CONTAINED!!!!

D

Deleted member

This is going to be the first Switch game I get

\(°|°)/

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
A switch port for Crash is a good sign, hopefully it sells well. Also the new smash is totes coming out next year btw just saying.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finally we have what I deem to be the finally peg needed. I fully believe smash switch is getting crash as a newcomer now between his Gaming icon status and the fact that they got the n same trilogy. I love crash and am really hoping I’m right about this.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see Crash in this game and I think he has a decent chance.

Buying that switch port day one. Was so excited for the leaks this afternoon that it was happening.

Hoping for him in smash once again!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I have no idea whether I support Crash for Smash yet or not, but I'll definitely be getting the Crash collection when it comes to the Switch. Maybe playing through those games, and the Wrath of Cortex for Gamecube, will help with making my mind up.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Even though I own N Sane Trilogy and my switch got stolen, once the insurance claim for the switch comes through I am getting Crash switch asap.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Honestly, I feel bad for my fellow Playstation Allstars fans that Crash didn't appear in Battle Royal with Spyro. Crash Bandicoot was once the Playstations' mascot and here we are talking about him in a mostly Nintendo crossover?

To be honest I wasn't thrilled with Cloud in Smash for Wii U. I was happy for Final Fantasy fans who wanted him but it still felt wrong.

That is how is how I feel about Crash being in Smash Brothers. I love Super Smash Brothers (more than Playstation Allstars) but, it was unfair that Crash didn't appear in Battle Royal and we deserve a sequel. But, as for Crash in Smash? Sorry I'm not for it.

I'm not saying no one can want him. But, it just feels unfair to the Playstation fans who grew up with him as Playstations freaking mascot.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Honestly, I feel bad for my fellow Playstation Allstars fans that Crash didn't appear in Battle Royal with Spyro. Crash Bandicoot was once the Playstations' mascot and here we are talking about him in a mostly Nintendo crossover?

To be honest I wasn't thrilled with Cloud in Smash for Wii U. I was happy for Final Fantasy fans who wanted him but it still felt wrong.

That is how is how I feel about Crash being in Smash Brothers. I love Super Smash Brothers (more than Playstation Allstars) but, it was unfair that Crash didn't appear in Battle Royal and we deserve a sequel. But, as for Crash in Smash? Sorry I'm not for it.

I'm not saying no one can want him. But, it just feels unfair to the Playstation fans who grew up with him as Playstations freaking mascot.

Playstation didn't give a crap about Crash anyway. They only signed an exclusive deal for a year and then Crash is free to go anywhere he pleases. I'd say get him into Smash. Good way to boost N-sanity sales btw and if they are really making a new Crash game, they better put him in Smash.

Look at Bayonetta, Nintendo revived her.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Playstation didn't give a crap about Crash anyway. They only signed an exclusive deal for a year and then Crash is free to go anywhere he pleases. I'd say get him into Smash. Good way to boost N-sanity sales btw and if they are really making a new Crash game, they better put him in Smash.

Look at Bayonetta, Nintendo revived her.
I'm not saying Sony themselves loved Crash. (Nintendo doesn't have any emotions either nor Microsoft.) That isn't the point. I believe if we got a sequel to Playstation Allstars; Crash would be all but guaranteed. SquareEnix didn't allow Cloud in Playstation Allstars either. Let Crash and Spyro come back home.

Also, everyone thinks "they better put X character in Smash" but it doesn't mean that character will get in. Ask Geno fans about that.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I think the N Sane Trilogy just bumped up his Smash chances a tiny bit.

This reminds me that Dorkly ran a really bad and unfunny gag "comic" around the time Pac-Man was revealed for SSB4, where they made fun of Crash for wanting to appear in Smash. I think his appearance in Smash Switch would make them look like huge idiots, so I'm all for that.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Glad to see Crash Bandicoot coming to the Switch. I remember when Crash was a BIG hit; he was basically the Mario of Sony Playstation. I rather enjoyed the Crash games; they were challenging, but in a good way. That said, I'll definitely be buying the N. Sane Trilogy.

As for Crash being in Smash, I think that depends on his future with Nintendo. If the Crash Bandicoot series gets a new numbered title on par with the previous games, I could see his inclusion happening. At any rate, I think Crash at least deserves a trophy.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
The success of the NST made sure Crash will be truly back. Activision will definitely keep him multiplatform meaning he'll continue aopearing in Nintendo consoles

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The success of the NST made sure Crash will be truly back. Activision will definitely keep him multiplatform meaning he'll continue aopearing in Nintendo consoles
We're getting ahead of ourselves, aren't we? It's not out yet, so we don't know how well it would sell....
Oh who am I kidding, every Switch game sells like hot cakes and N Sane trilogy was already a success

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Crash has more chance now than ever before. After the announcement of the trilogy coming to Switch and Smash Bros 5 this year, I couldn't stop thinking how likely he is now

Also it wouldn't be the first time Nintendo and Activision collaborate with their characters. Nintendo already let Donkey Kong and Bowser be in Skylanders, so why not Crash in Smash Bros?

Sir Ridley XII

Smash Cadet
With the N. Sane Trilogy coming for Switch, the three original Crash Bandicoot games are now officially going to be on a Nintendo console, which also means that almost every single Crash game has been on a Nintendo platform, with the exceptions of Crash Team Racing (which will likely get a remaster as well), Crash Bash, Crash Twinsanity (which was supposed to get a GameCube release but got cancelled) and those mobile games.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
With the N. Sane Trilogy coming for Switch, the three original Crash Bandicoot games are now officially going to be on a Nintendo console, which also means that almost every single Crash game has been on a Nintendo platform, with the exceptions of Crash Team Racing (which will likely get a remaster as well), Crash Bash, Crash Twinsanity (which was supposed to get a GameCube release but got cancelled) and those mobile games.
Yeah.

I really don't understand how a lot of people for some reason believes Crash is a "Sony property". Even after this reveal, I could still see people being confused as to why crash is on the nintendo switch. There's a HUGE misinformation snowball around Crash. Before this reveal, i think that, in every single day, i had to argue against someone saying the nst would never be multiplatform because "crash is a sony property".

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's baffling; Crash has been on Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube. It's not like this is anything new.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's baffling; Crash has been on Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube. It's not like this is anything new.
He was the Mascot of Playstation for the entire lifespan of it's first iteration. His most noticeable comparisons are in Mario to Nintendo and Sonic to Sega. It may be incorrect to say Crash is Sony owned, but I dont understand why it is difficult to see why people would think it.

Yeah but Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash were sensational games, the latter never even getting a deserved Sequel.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since the GameCube actually.
It's literally written in the post you're quoting.
Didn’t minus over mutant release on Wii? I’m pretty sure it did. EDIT: Yes it did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn’t minus over mutant release on Wii? I’m pretty sure it did. EDIT: Yes it did.
It did, but The Wrath of Cortex came out on the Gamecube a few years before that.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It did, but The Wrath of Cortex came out on the Gamecube a few years before that.
You don't need to be so harsh on titans and mutants. I know those games didn't really please the fans but they weren't as bad as everyone claims. I honestly bet that if it weren't for that stupid redesign the games' reception would be so much better

Also try the DS version of Titans, it's surprisingly good

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Coco works very well as alt of Crash. So not putting Crash with Coco as alt (now that we have enstabilished a SSB character can have an alt of the opposite sex) in this Super Smash Bros. would be a shameful missed opportunity.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
https://imgur.com/a/ClV9u
^
I do not know why I can't upload photos... None of them works.

For real. FINALLY a great chance of getting Crash Bandicoot for Smash. I'm really happy about this, really happy! N-Sane Trilogy for Switch and Smash revealed in the same direct. Halleluuuuuja.

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
https://imgur.com/a/ClV9u
^
I do not know why I can't upload photos... None of them works.

For real. FINALLY a great chance of getting Crash Bandicoot for Smash. I'm really happy about this, really happy! N-Sane Trilogy for Switch and Smash revealed in the same direct. Halleluuuuuja.
LOL! That pic reminds me of an old joke:
A woman is walking on her way when a man with a gun pops out from a corner and shouts at her:"Give me your purse!"
The women is about to do so when a swordman, suited with a black shirt, black pants, ablack mask, a large black hat and a black cape, jumps down from a roof, lands in front of the purse snatcher and with a quick movement of his sword disarms the mugger and trace a letter Z on his shirt, making the pickpocket run away. Then he jumps back on the roof and get away too, while the woman waves at him and shouts:"Thank you! Thank you, Zuperman!"

Top Bottom