• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly though I think Crash could go either way. He's at the very least someone I firmly believe made the shortlist.

Yiannikus

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I found a place where y'all can hang out to support our favorite collision marsupial!
WOOSH ugh, wow that was intense! WHU- I just flew in through the new Crash server and boy are my arms tired, HAH! Thank you, thank you very much. Thank you very much. That was funny stuff, wow funny stuff doc did you see that? WOOSH Hi! I'm Crash, Crash Bandicoot! The super marsuperial, the wonder from down under! The rocket with a pocket! You may remember me from my recent come back where I'm just oh, I don't know, going back to racing. (You're welcome) and now I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN! PING WOOSH You're just in time to see my new digs!! It's bigger, it's better, and it's even worldwide!! Activision is super good friends with Nintendo. Speaking of them, we got multiple ports, it's absolutely totally different unlike anything you've ever experienced. Check out these cool polls! (shows images of how many votes/how popular Crash Bandicoot is in voting ballots) Good thing I'm not wearing tight pants cus they would've ripped off for sure! HAHA WOO! But what I really want is supporters, lots of supporters, we really need our supporters more than ever because my moves are totally SICK, and they could fit perfectly! Infact, smash is such a big world, there are some places even I haven't seen yet! So I'm gonna scout ahead mates, while you expand your horizons right here! HEY, take a good look around, because those places are WAY better than the real world! What are you doing sitting around for mate? Help a fellow marsupial out only on Nintendo Switch, because they rule! HAHAAA!! ((Mod edit: we don't allow Discord advertising))

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
I'm really excited for CTR Nitro Fueled! As I said before I loooved CTR as a kid. It's one of the best racing games out there in my opinion.

As for my expectations, if the roster ends up being the same as the original + Oxide I too will be a bit disappointed since I feel this is the perfect opportunity to expand the roster, track selection, and maybe even the story mode. I'm also hoping the bosses are a bit tougher. I say this because while the boss a.i. are fast on the first two laps, they slow down significantly on the final lap. This makes it easy to get a huge lead on them. Also, they should program Pinstripe to shoot his bombs forward (but less frequently) when you're in front of him so he can be more threatening. These suggestions might be overkill but I just want the boss races to be intense from start to finish.

I saw this image awhile ago on Twiiter before CTR Nitro Fueled was announced and thought this would be a pretty solid roster. All it needs is Baby T. and it's perfect. (Credit to TheWumpaGem)
CTR roster.jpg

Like others have said, I would love to see characters that debuted after the Trilogy such as Nina and Pasadena, but honestly I'd think the Nitro Kart characters have a better shot to get in considering their karts are now an option in Nitro Fueled. I personally would like Zam since he was my favorite Nitro Kart newcomer. Hopefully if there are newcomers in Nitro Fueled they'll all have a home track.

Edit: I also want the current top 4 racers icons to be visible on the HUD just like the original (It's a weird thing to want I know). This probably won't return since I didn't see it in the trailer, but maybe we'll be able to toggle it on and off.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm really excited for CTR Nitro Fueled! As I said before I loooved CTR as a kid. It's one of the best racing games out there in my opinion.

As for my expectations, if the roster ends up being the same as the original + Oxide I too will be a bit disappointed since I feel this is the perfect opportunity to expand the roster, track selection, and maybe the even story mode. I'm also hoping the bosses are a bit tougher. I say this because while the boss a.i. are fast on the first two laps, they slow down significantly on the final lap. This makes it easy to get a huge lead on them on them. Also, they should program Pinstripe to shoot his bombs forward (but less frequently) when you're in front of him so he can be more threatening. These suggestions might be overkill but I just want the boss races to be intense from start to finish.

I saw this image awhile ago on Twiiter before CTR Nitro Fueled was announced and thought this would be a pretty solid roster. All it needs is Baby T. and it's perfect. (Credit to TheWumpaGem)
View attachment 188849
Like others have said, I would love to see characters that debuted after the Trilogy such as Nina and Pasadena to be playable, but honestly I'd think the Nitro Kart characters have a better shot to get in considering their karts are now an option in Nitro Fueled. I personally would like Zam since he was my favorite Nitro Kart newcomer. Hopefully if there are newcomers in Nitro Fueled they'll all have a home track.
Given that VV were willing to make two new stages for the trilogy (one made out of whole cloth), I don't think we might have to worry about them adding new stuff. In fact, some possible concept art for a Spyro-themed track was shown off some time ago on Twitter, IIRC.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

As for my expectations, if the roster ends up being the same as the original + Oxide I too will be a bit disappointed since I feel this is the perfect opportunity to expand the roster, track selection, and maybe even the story mode. I'm also hoping the bosses are a bit tougher. I say this because while the boss a.i. are fast on the first two laps, they slow down significantly on the final lap. This makes it easy to get a huge lead on them. Also, they should program Pinstripe to shoot his bombs forward (but less frequently) when you're in front of him so he can be more threatening. These suggestions might be overkill but I just want the boss races to be intense from start to finish.

View attachment 188849
Like others have said, I would love to see characters that debuted after the Trilogy such as Nina and Pasadena, but honestly I'd think the Nitro Kart characters have a better shot to get in considering their karts are now an option in Nitro Fueled. I personally would like Zam since he was my favorite Nitro Kart newcomer. Hopefully if there are newcomers in Nitro Fueled they'll all have a home track.

Edit: I also want the current top 4 racers icons to be visible on the HUD just like the original (It's a weird thing to want I know). This probably won't return since I didn't see it in the trailer, but maybe we'll be able to toggle it on and off.
Replace the the Lab Assistant with Crunch, Baby T, and Nina and we're all set

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Weird to not see Crunch on that, but I agree, Crunch and Nina should be there too. (I know it's not the official, but in any perspective lol)

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Cool fanart someone did of the big three of wanted Western platformers in Smash:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Actually, I'd say that Banjo and Rayman are Northern characters. Being France and England, you know, but I guess they consider everything outside of Japan west, even if it's not.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Now he is, but he was not created in America.
Same with Krool and Diddy Kang. I'm just happy we in Europe at least get some sort of love, instead of all being west and east, but I know what you mean, poor Banjo, Mircrosoft, AND Nintendo did him dirty.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Cortex's Airship as a stage, where Cortex in the background tries shooting the fighters or Cortex appears in Crash's Final Smash, yelling "MEDDLING BANDICOOT!" as he tries to shoot at him, but you control Crash to jump in front of opponents, causing the blasts to only hit them?

Anyway, I really love the idea of Crash being playable in Smash, but I'd rather they don't use his N. Sane Trilogy design.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Makes me think a lot about PlayStation All-Stars to be fair, which oddly enough Crash was absent from.
Just how the stages worked in the game, that is, but I agree that Cortex would make a great stage hazard.

Still, it's either the labratory, or it's the jungle, I'm sure of it.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I think a Time Twister stage would be pretty cool
I really love the idea of Crash being playable in Smash, but I'd rather they don't use his N. Sane Trilogy design.
Yeah, his design in that always bugged me with how his eyes look plus realistic fur. Crash looks too squinty, he also needs some rest.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
From the Isaac thread, this method should apply for Crash ASAP:

A thought on 12 million copies of Smash Ultimate sold in less than a month... that's good for ongoing DLC. Splatoon/Splatoon 2 did not those numbers and got extended support. The new president said they were about DLC. It'd be madness not to expect a second season of DLC characters.

Rumors are most of the 1st run DLC being third parties and I am nonplussed in the American definition. But those decisions have already been made.

If we are to influence the wave 2 or future DLC prospects, possibly for representation of unrepresented or underserved Nintendo franchises, this time period is the exact period where it would hit the heaviest and matter the most. Don't express your desire a year from now when they announce those characters have already been picked. They'd make those decisions this year.
Edit: False alarm about the release date, it's been secure after all:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._team_racing_release_date_for_nintendo_switch

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
OKay guys, did you remember the weird thing with CTR pre-orders on Switch, right? Seems that was just Activision not being ready to put it available, no need to worry on delays (as KirbyWorshipper2465 stated); you can pre-order already on Amazon and other different retailers across the world.

And in addition, we finally got some screenshots of the Switch version in the Nintendo UK site!

Seems like fur tech will be present on Switch this time! It was removed in N. Sane Trilogy, but it was understable, since it was three games that needed some compromises to fit in the cartridge; No need to change that in CTR tho. 'v'

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Something interesting I noticed just now

Do your guys remember when crash was called a "gaming icon" in the march 2018 direct?

The overview trailer for smash ultimate, which was posted in november, claims that smash is a game about "gaming icons".

It happens at 00:59
https://youtu.be/WLu7e8RZoYc

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Something interesting I noticed just now

Do your guys remember when crash was called a "gaming icon" in the march 2018 direct?

The overview trailer for smash ultimate, which was posted in november, claims that smash is a game about "gaming icons".

It happens at 00:59
https://youtu.be/WLu7e8RZoYc
Plus the Smash website's description says that too, hmmmmmm.......

While Crash certainly ain't as gargantuan as other 3rd party icons like Pac-Man and Sonic, his comeback certainly showed there was still huge mainstream interest in him after all this time, even selling pretty well on the Switch in Japan. Even in the early post-ND days he wasn't doing too shabbily, right?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
It might just be me growing up in the 90's and played a lot of VGs throughout the 2000's, but to me, Crash is one of the biggest and most recognizable video game icons out there. For me, there are 3 main ones; Mario, Sonic and Crash, and for the 90's it was. 2000's came around, we got Master Chief, Kratos and others. I would say Pokémon as well, but that's a phenomena outside any other range to be honest.

So, as a 90's, We got Mario (obviously) and we got Sonic, the face of SEGA and maybe Mario's biggest rival, but for those who did not have a Nintendo 64 nor a SEGA Dremacast, they might just have had the PlayStation, and Crash was at everything. Platforming, Kart racing, even the wacky Crash Bash (as a Norwegian, the word Bash sounds like poop, which made it even more funnier), but the point is, Crash was everywhere.

Thus growing up with all these systems, and getting heavily into Smash as a fan and speculator, I think it's weird that we can have Sonic, Mega Man, Solid Snake, Cloud and even Bayonetta and not have Crash. Joker does not help the case either to be honest. I can't wait for Joker, because I believe he could be fun, but where is Bomberman, Rayman, and most importantly, Crash. (And Banjo of course)

Don't know what more to say, other than out of the rival gaming icons that were, that is and the ones that will remain their legacy with new games, I think it's weird how lowkey people think of Crash, but as I said, might just be me.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
In fairness to Joker, him being a 2016-2017 popular character prominent on the rival Sony's turf and getting into Smash Bros anyway gave me hope for Crash lol

A dumb lil suggestion I had was that they only just finalised the DLC in November because they wanted him in but wanted to gauge the Japanese N.Sane Trilogy Switch sales first, and then saw the good digital sales and agreed with Activision or something. He may be a Western icon, but his #7 spot on the Japanese eShop shows Japan may still love him like they used to...

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
It might just be me growing up in the 90's and played a lot of VGs throughout the 2000's, but to me, Crash is one of the biggest and most recognizable video game icons out there. For me, there are 3 main ones; Mario, Sonic and Crash, and for the 90's it was. 2000's came around, we got Master Chief, Kratos and others. I would say Pokémon as well, but that's a phenomena outside any other range to be honest.

So, as a 90's, We got Mario (obviously) and we got Sonic, the face of SEGA and maybe Mario's biggest rival, but for those who did not have a Nintendo 64 nor a SEGA Dremacast, they might just have had the PlayStation, and Crash was at everything. Platforming, Kart racing, even the wacky Crash Bash (as a Norwegian, the word Bash sounds like poop, which made it even more funnier), but the point is, Crash was everywhere.

Thus growing up with all these systems, and getting heavily into Smash as a fan and speculator, I think it's weird that we can have Sonic, Mega Man, Solid Snake, Cloud and even Bayonetta and not have Crash. Joker does not help the case either to be honest. I can't wait for Joker, because I believe he could be fun, but where is Bomberman, Rayman, and most importantly, Crash. (And Banjo of course)

Don't know what more to say, other than out of the rival gaming icons that were, that is and the ones that will remain their legacy with new games, I think it's weird how lowkey people think of Crash, but as I said, might just be me.
Yep Crash is definitely one of the most iconic videogame icons ever, I mean the N'sane triology has sold over 6 million copies and most of them sold in Europe! I always thought Crash was at it's popularity peak in America, but the numbers say otherwise. Plus Crash Bandicoot surpasses many of the 3rd party characters already in Smash so at this point Nintendo would either be stupid or turning a blind eye if they don't put Crash in Ultimate.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Is there any information out there about ctr nf online being cross platform? Kinda praying that's the case

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yep Crash is definitely one of the most iconic videogame icons ever, I mean the N'sane triology has sold over 6 million copies and most of them sold in Europe! I always thought Crash was at it's popularity peak in America, but the numbers say otherwise. Plus Crash Bandicoot surpasses many of the 3rd party characters already in Smash so at this point Nintendo would either be stupid or turning a blind eye if they don't put Crash in Ultimate.
I guess the one thing that has to be overcome is the whole "Western-owned characters being in Smash" thing, maybe they'd have a bit more of a barrier especially communication-wise than what Sakurai is usually used to. Though I don't think it's too crazy that we might see some Western character in this Fighter's Pass with the DLC direction it's going. Plus maybe Nintendo could handle some of the more communicative issues, and considering the original Crash "creators" aren't with Activision, there's hopefully less of a need to contact them and remain faithful to their vision of the character, just hopefully lenient Activision licensing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I want literally every Crash character except the masks, which i want as different interations of the Power up for certain characters
>Wa-Wa
Lee Ermey was too good for this world.

I would love it if the next game after Nitro Fueled was Landed.
Given how Radical handled Crash prior to that, I'm kind of wary of bringing back stuff they did. Unless it's nearly plotless like for Rayman Legends, anyway.

D

Deleted member

There are rumours about Tawna being revealed soon for CTR Nitro Fueled.

Also, I plan to pick the game at launch but I can't decide between the PS4 port or the Switch one.

I wish I could pick both, but I doubt my parents would allow it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There are rumours about Tawna being revealed soon for CTR Nitro Fueled.

Also, I plan to pick the game at launch but I can't decide between the PS4 port or the Switch one.

I wish I could pick both, but I doubt my parents would allow it.
Cautiously optimistic. :love:

That being said, it depends, do you like doing achievements? Or do you just prefer the idea of seeing Crash on a Nintendo console?

D

Deleted member

Cautiously optimistic. :love:

That being said, it depends, do you like doing achievements? Or do you just prefer the idea of seeing Crash on a Nintendo console?
For one side, I want the PS4 port for the better graphics and the whole Playstation 1 deal.

On the other side, I really want to keep getting Crash stuff on the Switch, mostly to have my favourite stuff in the same system (Metroid won't be outside of Nintendo anytime soon) and the deal of playing everywhere.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I wonder if I might just go with the Switch version. I do love me some CTR, and the portability combined with potentially more on-par graphics this time round (with the fur stuff) could make it a very nice option.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Looking at a couple of old polls, it seems Crash (and Rhythm Heaven too :3) has had some alright fighter support even in the Smash 4 era. Plus N Sane on the Switch sold alright(?) and Crash has popped up in that Famitsu 30th anniversary thing and is gonna have a song at some Japan games music festival this year, so maybe Japan still has a soft spot for Crash Bandikoose himself...

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

Top Bottom