• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

Nezorf

Smash Rookie
Yeah, well you're wrong. Hold on, I'm going to get my friend in here to back me up. We spend a lot of time together and she's a bit more informed than me on some issues.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Ohhhhhhh snap, she knows politics and what turns Seb on.

Shes a puppet pig, my argument is invalid.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I don't know but I am impressed with her ability to use your **** n her period blood to communicate.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
So the system administrator where I work at (the Center for Military History), is what you would call incompetant. He doesn't understand the simplest terminology in his field, and his mind explodes when you begin to utter jargon. His solution to every problem you present to him about your computer is "reinstalling the operating system" (no joke) because he cannot ever figure out the simplest problems with computers.

The reason that I, someone who has only a basic understanding of all this junk (mostly because it is done OUTSIDE of my area of work and doesn't really concern me), know all this is because some of my co-workers have to deal directly with this guy and they constantly ***** and criticize his idiocy to me and others. This guy doesn't do anything, he gets paid six figures to sit on his *** drinking Mountain Dews and reading books while "installing" printers. That's in quotes because he NEVER finishes installing a mother ****ing printer that he sets up and that is ALL he even knows how to do in the first place.

Honestly, I don't even go to him when I have comp problems, I know better than that lol.

OK now my co-worker sends me this hilarious email that was sent out by the system admin. The email is him explaining how he's trying to fix a problem with the server and it truly tells you how dumb this guy is.

The first line in of it I already laugh:

"OK, I think I fixed the problem..." LOLOLOL

then he tries explaining things he knows

"The Military History Collection System Integrator (MHCSI) is a database containing information on artifacts."

Ok now at first glance nothing looks wrong about that, until my co-worker laughs his *** off and tells me that's the most inaccurate definiton of MHCSI he's ever seen and then sends me a correct definition:

"The Military History Collection System Integrator (MHCSI) is a standalone PC based application designed to assist in the gathering, organizing, delivery, and management of U.S. Military History by Military History Detachments."

Ok that's just the beginning. The REAL humor in this comes after he explains there are two main problems with accessing the server and then he talks about the steps he took to try and fix it (keep in mind what you are about to read doesn't make any sense on any intellectual level):

"I checked the server, and I don't know if it is working properly. I can’t see anything on the screen. I swapped out monitors, and there is still nothing. I restarted the server and there is no change. I tried pinging the server, and the request timed out. So it is apparently off the network. I checked the network connection in the back of the server, and the lights did not appear to be blinking. I traced the cable to the switch, and the port light was on. I moved the cable to another port on the switch. The light in the back of the server was blinking a little, but when I pinged the server the request again timed out. I looked around some more, and noticed that the video cable had come undone from the server (don't know why I didn't see this earlier!). I reattached the cable and got a picture! The system had halted in the boot process, waiting for operator input. I pressed F1 to continue. When the system finished booting, I pinged the address and that went through. Unfortunately, there is no one here now who can tell me if the problem with the missions has been cleared up. We'll have to wait until Monday morning to test this."

The supervisor I told you guys who passed away a few weeks ago was the web master here at this base and she could not stop laughing. She found it so funny that she sent it to my co-worker and he got a good laugh out of it and now he's sent it to me and it's hilarious. You really have to meet this guy to understand that he really doesn't know any better. I mean, he's talking about ****ing lights as if they have ANYTHING to do with the ****ing problem. The web master had NO idea what he was talking about and neither did my co-worker.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I want an interview at once from him, I know I'd get the job! And then we could share an office ;D

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I want an interview at once from him, I know I'd get the job! And then we could share an office ;D
LMAO the sad thing is you could HAVE his job, if you took the time I'll bet in like a month you'd know more about this **** than he does. The co-worker who sent me that email is 23 and fresh out of school for this stuff and 657345679345 times more qualified than the current admin guy. So sad that he's getting paid so much less than him.

also

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/12/zombified_star_wars_posters.php

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol **** you Shinku

Also, a long while ago I sent the Wombo Combo vid to an old friend of mine who plays Left for Dead competitively. He doesn't know anything about Melee competitively (although he knew OF it) and he found the video hilarious and THEN

Brax (6:25:59 PM): So our team name is Wombo Combo
Brax (6:26:03 PM): we won our first match too LoL
ThumbsWayUp87 (6:38:55 PM): LMAO
ThumbsWayUp87 (6:39:02 PM): you better have yelled
ThumbsWayUp87 (6:39:06 PM): GET YOUR *** WHOOPED
ThumbsWayUp87 (6:39:09 PM): MY **** HURTS
Brax (6:39:11 PM): LOL
Brax (6:39:19 PM): the leader shouted
Brax (6:39:22 PM): THAT AINT FALCO
Brax (6:39:25 PM): when a hunter came in
Brax (6:39:30 PM): and destroyed one guy
ThumbsWayUp87 (6:39:39 PM): HAHHAHAHAHA
Brax (6:39:41 PM): and of course tank dodging is
Brax (6:39:42 PM): HAPPY FEAT
ThumbsWayUp87 (6:40:02 PM): ROFL do any of them play melee competitively
Brax (6:40:06 PM): nope
Brax (6:40:09 PM): I showed them the vid
Brax (6:40:11 PM): and they loved it
Brax (6:40:25 PM): so those memes are going to be worked into the l4d competitive play

Top Bottom