• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

Laijin

Smash Hero
If you're going to otakon just to hang out and drink, you're going for the wrong reasons.
AHEM. That is the only redeeming part about otakon(and the fact that it has a ton of people)
The rest of the con kinda sucks bro. Definitely do not feel it is worth its $75 entry.

An example of a good con would be Magfest. I definitely feel I got all my money's worth for that con.

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol.........

wut
lol ***fest
Someone is obviously pretty salty.
Otakon sucks when compared to most other cons. I've only been once and that was last year. Its the truth. Within the past several years I've been to over twenty cons. So my opinion counts on this lol.

Reasons why Otakon sucks:
1. Its way too crowded. You wanna attend a panel? Have fun waiting at least an hour in line before hand
2. Wait..but there are no interesting panels going on..ever.
3. For the few interesting/good events like the Cosplay Skit,Cosplay Contest or the Rave(Which mind you I didn't wait in line for once. I quickly learned that being a **** and cutting is the way to go if you wanna have fun here) you gotta wait in a ridiculously long line for a few hours ahead of time, and even then your not gaurenteed to get in unless your in a good place in line.
4. It closes. They kick everyone out of the building at a certain time each night. I've been to enough cons in my life to notice that when a con is open 24/7, its -normally- more fun than cons that actually close down. Even if all thats going on is that their playing anime all night or something.
5. Its waaay over priced. Most of the good cons I've been to don't charge you more than $40 for the weekend. But Otakon is charging you $75 for what? Some crappy panels, being around a **** ton of people all weekend and to play some video games with strangers? And if you lose your badge you gotta repay $75 again? what kind of **** is that. Its not only one of the most expensive cons I have been to but also one of the only cons I've ever seen actually make you re-purchase a lost badge
There are a few that do charge a bit more as well, but at least those are well..fun.

I could list a million more reasons why Otakon sucks. But I'll end up going this year as well since I did have a good time. As a con it sucks. As a place to drink and hang out with friends and meet new people, its an amazing experience.

Some other cons that are better that Otakon:
Anime Festival Orlando(best con in Florida)
Magfest(Best con in MD/VA)
Momocon(Largest free con in the country)
AWA(Best con in GA)
Comicon(Self explanatory)
Dragoncon(Self explanatory. what other con has cosplay parades down the street?)
Maaan...even Megacon was better and that kinda sucked too. Least it was also about comic books.

Shinku

Smash Champion
clyde, you make some very good points. yeah otakon is pricey and you can get bored, BUT, i cant say its too crowded. i mean, yeah its packed, but i kinda love big crowds like that. a **** load of people a ****ing alot of cosplayers is always fun eye candy. i cant really complain about otakon, i mean everyone i know freaking goes rather it be my old freinds, or smasher, or the arcade people, whoever. plus its right in the middle of the summer and alot of other cons its usually cold and not that many people go.

yeah ive gotten bored but otakon gets better and better each year. the games especially have gotten way better.

also, on a side note, make sure you all wear rubbers from now on. you can save someones life. LOL

Laijin

Smash Hero
Not saying I didn't have a good time there Shinku. Otakon is a ton of fun. I'm just rebuking Lobo's point as to "If you're going to Otakon to hang out with friends and drink you're going for the wrong reasons". He couldn't be more wrong.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Now in more important news.

Gantz the Movie is playing in american theaters on Thursday! 8pm. One night only!
Everyone needs to go watch it if they are into Gantz.
I'm gonna go see it with Andrew

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol naaah I just wanted 3 people to buy it so I can get it for free.
I only got two :( Either way it was an awesome deal haha

Anyways. Gantz was sick.
If you're a fan of gantz, you'll definitely enjoy the movie

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The upside down moon looks like a behelit, the Ganon at the bottom looks like Zodd, and the hooded figure looks like Guts. Was I wrong to think this was a blend of Zelda and Berserk? Yes

First day back at work boys and it already blows. Good news is youtube works hahahaa

Top Bottom