• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Brawl sucks compared to Melee but its still fun, but its the only thing active around here that lets me chill with people I like and I hate SF lol

g-regulate

Smash Hero
EE and thumbs, no offense to either of you but that mindset is why our region sucks at both games. I realize that being good and winning isn't #1 priority to everyone, but there's no development and improvement without a drive to win. Most brawl players in our region would rather just play brawl for as cheap as possible, as much as possible, without any real test of skill. I'm not saying that you both should care about getting our region better at either game, or that it's your jobs or anything like that, I just thought that's what thumbs wanted for so long.

Way back when, all of H2YL, a good portion of TA, Team ben, and others were ALL shooting for the 1st place, and all thought they had a legit chance. Now its like, Chu/Boss/Candy just wrecking while everyone just wants to have a cheap smashfest.

Having fun and trying your hardest to win doesn't mean you can't have fun doing it, but that's just my opinion, just as thumbs has his opinion of not wanting to play seriously and having fun playing his own way.

The point i was trying to make earlier is that there was a demand for more melee tourneys and community activity. some more people are getting back into it, but the demand isn't there anymore.

Laijin

Smash Hero
laijin you still dont get it man
I had to bend over backwards to make this melee, and now no one wants to come?!!?!
look at what youre paying for

There are no other fighters today, it is ALL open to us.
We get to play until the tournament finishes.
Food and Drink are for sale.
There will be AT LEAST 5 setups, with more ready to go if the turnout is bigger
Reminds me of Gigabits back in FL.
Only the owners there cared about the community and they got rid of door fees after we talked to them about it. They more so enjoyed the fact they were getting people to come and helping out the community more so than they did with charging everyone door fees every other weekend.

So what im getting from this C3 venue place is:
-The owners are only interested in making a huge profit(yea..$10 per person is A LOT). Not saying thats bad on there part since its normal, but usually when theres a doorfee like that(least from where I have lived, GA and FL), people don't go. Or if they do go, its rare there is a second tournament at said place.

Pretty much im just being biased towards everything thats not Gigabits. Gigabits had the most raaape local tournaments ever. I just feel like my wallet is getting ***** if I go to this tournament lol

KageMurphy

Smash Master
So apparently they are remaking one of the 80's most epic films, ****ing Commando. Now, clearly this will be inferior to the original, but it's going to be written by David Ayer (writter of Dark Blue, and Training Day), so it has potential but will obviously pale in comparison to Arnie's gargantuan testament of manliness.

Phantasms_8

Smash Rookie
Nah, my camera broke a few years back, but I still have the tapes :laugh:

and I'll tell ya, they contain 2 hours of gold. To think that you, Mike, and I made such an unbelievably bad and laughably ambitious sequence of useless footage is nothing short of hysterical.

You know you laughed your *** off at the fact that it took me six minutes to get Mike to deliver one line without him laughing and ruining the take. Just as I laughed at your amazing, "new clothes", line and just as Mike laughed at my Morpheus scene, just as we ALL laughed at Mike's ridiculous Ringwraith costume. Looking back I'm so glad he burned alive in that thing, it was punishment for his atrocious acting. And who could forget MEHDI or the priceless makeshift mace and sword HAHA

This is what happens when extrememly young people try to make fun of something, they fail miserably. But now thanks to you I will find a replacement camera to upload the footage so we can all watch it again!
I'm going to find those tapes and burn them. However, I will keep our first grade project and that one video where you and Mike pretended to be Ebert & Roper. :p

Reioumu

Smash Lord
2blast2furious results said:
Melty Blood: Actress Again
1: Jiyuna ($66.50)
2: Sp00ky ($19.00)
3: XAQ ($9.50)
4: Rei
5: Braver
5: Fox
7: SumAznDude
7: Zaelar
9: Purge
9: Tinshi
9: Rayza
9: Shiki
13: HardBread
13: Leo
13: MVGFinest
13: Riceman
17: Kamina
17: Ivolt
17: Greek
Right outside the money :(

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm going to find those tapes and burn them. However, I will keep our first grade project and that one video where you and Mike pretended to be Ebert & Roper. :p
What, our three little pigs and the big bad wolf rendition?! ****ing horrible, but not as bad as my senior project with Bladen :mad:

so seb, how did your first street fighter tourney feel? going from the best falcon in md to a scrubby balrog guy lol
lol hey I am shocked I actually beat someone and didn't get dead last after only four days of playing haha. It was a lot of fun, but I must practice combos to win now *goes to trial mode for 400 hours*

Right outside the money :(
That sucks man, did you at least lose to legit people?

Shinku

Smash Champion
I'm Daigo ume mother ****ing hara, nice to meet you all ;D

yeah Greg me and dycer and chiln, Omni and maybe azen (which I think see him play halo) play xbox

ck and thumbs play ps3

Laijin

Smash Hero
#1 reason I dont want to play Street Fighter 4.

Tournaments officially usually only run on Xbox only. I dont wanna spend money on a converter either(or money on such a fail system) =\

Someone correct me if im wrong please, but this is what I have noticed

Shinku

Smash Champion
Ehhhh dammit, that's is true in md/va most systems are on xbox. And I can understand why you wouldn't want to spend money on a convertor or mod it, since it's such an invesment. However alot of places let you use there sticks and some ppl like me are cool enough to let you use there stick.

To be perfectly blunt, I'm really sick of melée. Hell after the ssf4 tourney yesterday we somehow played melée at a freinds house for bit, I said to myself " man I'm sick of this game"

Laijin

Smash Hero
Well. I just don't want to spend that much money on something that has a 51% fail rate. =\ Plus the pads absolutely suck for fighting games. Its way beyond me why Xbox is standard for Street Fighter which is a fighting game, when every other fighting game's standard is PS3. I don't really want to invest in a stick until I actually like the game, but seems to be the only way to do things with Street Fighter. =\ I would rather use a pad though

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
DANCING SEB

seb as a child

SEBS FIRST DATE

seb made a SEX BOOK

Good stuff Rei sucks we all could not hang out...anyone know how freddy was this weekend?

seb your thoughts??

ok seb thanks :)

I have SSF4 for the PS3 so once I mod my stick I will practice a little.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Ed, I'm starting to hate SFIV again just because I wasted an hour being unable to do trial 18 for Sakura.

I swear I can not do simple combos I was actually able do last year. So depressing.

Shinku

Smash Champion
LMAO! phil trials are not everything, the trials in this game are much harder than the first one since capcom likes to be competitive. i can understand your frustration but either skip the trial and go to the next one and come back or dont even sweat it. trials dont mean ****. plenty of top players **** and never even went to training, phil your actually good. if you really do quit, then you swallow, nuff said

thumbswayup

Smash Master
F you Strife and f NASA and the plastic container and f trial mode for Balrog, you think Sakura's is hard? YOU AINT SEEN **** YET and yes Phil you are Phil, but Phil is also Phil and it's better to call one Phil than NKB, hope you follow me Phil

Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars film, YODA OUT

Top Bottom