• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Back Up To ottos THread

Binx

Smash Master
I don't start the chaingrab at 0% because they can DI out of it, they might not DI the first throw properly but if they get grabbed again out of the first throw and they are half experienced they will die correctly the second time.

VS Fox and Falco if I get a grab at 0% I upthrow upsmash or upthrow utilt, depending on DI I tech chase the upsmash or regrab if it was bad (which it almost never is...) then chain throw to about 50% to another upsmash or a nair or bair if I think I can get them off the edge.

VS Marth if I get a grab at 0% I kind of like to upsmash them haha, its wierd but I've had a lot of success with it, that or dash dance for a regrab or try to uair before being fair'd depends on the skill level of the person your playing here.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
hey rayn is that what you do at 0% or do you go for the chaingrab?
I do ALOT of different things when they are at 0.

-uthrow->regrabs until Fox/Falco is at about 20/25% then start utilting and going for nair combos etc.

-uthrow shine -> and do many gay things that I've come up with. (i.e.: wavedash -> dair reset -> chase -> usmash)

rayn goes for the waveshine to to shine usmash
sometimes. its sex and you know it.

I don't start the chaingrab at 0% because they can DI out of it, they might not DI the first throw properly but if they get grabbed again out of the first throw and they are half experienced they will die correctly the second time.
All of this is wrong. The CG is inescapable, a true 0-death. There is no d.i.ing out of it. As a matter of fact, d.i.ing left or right makes the CG last till 80%. If you stop d.i.ing Fox's uthrow as a space animal, you can jump out before he re-grabs at 55%.

Experience has nothing to do with it. Even I can chaingrab M2K if I just follow his d.i. and grab again. First grab, second grab, 9th grab; its all the same. You know they are good if they stop d.i.ing at around 50ish. Then you know they are trying to jump out. Thats when you utilt/usmash/dash away and back then nair/start teh combos.

Binx

Smash Master
Oh whoops, I guess I should practice more then haha, didn't know that.

when I say experienced I just meant that they DI by reflex because they play enough to know what is coming,

cool stuff, 4 years later and still learning stuff, yay melee XD

I'm pretty sure I've wiggled out and shined with upwards DI at 40% I don't have a way to test that right now

but someone should try it.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
what i do at 0 on a spacie

up throw up smash

tek chase up smash

tek chase up smash

nair to down tilt

shine bair

edgeguard with bair

Binx

Smash Master
thats the sex, I have done that combo minus the shine bair, usually its a nair or shine turnaround short hop bair edgeguard with shine.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Oh whoops, I guess I should practice more then haha, didn't know that.

when I say experienced I just meant that they DI by reflex because they play enough to know what is coming,

cool stuff, 4 years later and still learning stuff, yay melee XD

I'm pretty sure I've wiggled out and shined with upwards DI at 40% I don't have a way to test that right now

but someone should try it.
wiggling doesn't help to get out of stun time, thats just to get out of the tumbling animation after you're out of hitstun
not that i dont beleive that you haven't, just wanted to point out that wiggling had nothing to do with it working :p
also upward di doesn't have any effect on attacks that send you straight up

the reason it worked (probably) is b/c at later percents the chaingrabber needs to time the grab so that they "fall" into the hitbox (ie you grab them with the highest point of your grab hitbox). i usually start utilting earlier then I have to for that reason
(im not saying all this just to correct you or w/e btw XD im pretty sure youre better then me and all that)

PB&J

Smash Hero
so many foxes so little time..good advice though even though i heard before ..ur fox is really good though mango..i want to see how u will do against florida

PB&J

Smash Hero
mango would run train on florida
non beleivers..its too funny how most people see mango **** alot ..which he does and then go to fl and get *****..its too funny

number one rule in fl is u can't play spacies against them ..they eat them for breakfast..and im not just talking about shiz ans spdn..many people forget who lamchops is or colbol or any other player in fl is

and to the people saying shiz is rusty ..is a undersatement..shiz was rusty when he played m2k so..yeah..but i will love to see mango play any of these guys because it will be fun to watch
watch
mango=****

and fl equals =broken

dumb people watch fl vids and say they are all tech..too funny

and im not from fl never lived there i just know from exp and i travel way more than most smashers to se alot of good players up and down the east coast and all over

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it would be tight to see mango vs shiz.
(the ******* would prolly go falcon LMFAO)

joeplicate

Smash Master
nah, *****es don't know about mango

he's been practically training rocky montage style since pound 3, melee only
I think shiz is the only person who would give him any trouble

colbol would SD 3 times
lambchops would just laser for like 2 straight stocks and then choke/get *****
hungrybox would do too many back airs and make mango angry

<3 FL

edit:

up throw up smash

tek chase up smash

tek chase up smash

nair to down tilt

shine bair

edgeguard with bair
you're a ***got mango

Lovage

Smash Hero
lol its actually funny because only us in socal know mango after pound 3 cuz hes gay and doesnt go out of state cuz he failed algebra

just...trust us
mango would annihilate florida with his spacies
and maybe his falcon....prolly not shiz ...but maybe

Oskurito

Smash Lord

up throw up smash

tek chase up smash

tek chase up smash

nair to down tilt

shine bair

edgeguard with bair
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this what PC and M2K used to do vs. spacies?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
two days before the tournament a couple weeks ago with chu, shiz didnt even ahve ac ontroller V_________V

PB&J

Smash Hero
i think lamchops xan beat mango..maybe not his puff..but spacies vs lamchops ...socal is so funny sometimes..just because u guys get ***** by him doesn't mean fl would get *****...colbol would sd a couple times but all his matches are still **** even against m2k......and let me reapeat it to the world one more time..socal thinking that mango could go falcon on fl and winning is dumb..no its ********.......

back on subject

i like mango..he is really good ..i watch alot of his vids..and he is a monster,but please dont say he would **** another state until he plays them..im not saying fl would **** him either but im am saying all of them are good not.. just shiz...most people forget about keepspeedn

anyway mango whats good

MaNg0

Smash Hero
let me tell u something =D

1.Florida <3333

2.After watching Florida get ***** by HBOX

makes me laugh if all my other characters fail

i no my rusty puff will beat them LOOOL <3

3.I plan on going falcon on shiz

4. Florida is good against spacies ... fast spacies lol

they have never seen a mango slow fox =D!

5.Or i might bust out the sheik dependin on what socal

wants to see =D

6.I failed algebra 1 2 and a half times

i took it for half a year in 8th grade

then they moved me out cause i sucked at it

and im taking it right now

AND I HAVE A **** A

*******S

EAT A ****

hi pbandj =D

indie_dave

Smash Ace
i thought this was supposed to be fox Q&A LOL

hey mango how do you do that one edgeguard (maybe it's mike haze's idk):
  • boost grab to ledge
  • light shield
  • wait for the other guy to hit ur shield
  • immediately drop shield into a shine ftw
  • o_o

how do u do drop your shield so fast

Naota21t

Smash Champion
i thought this was supposed to be fox Q&A LOL

hey mango how do you do that one edgeguard (maybe it's mike haze's idk):
  • boost grab to ledge
  • light shield
  • wait for the other guy to hit ur shield
  • immediately drop shield into a shine ftw
  • o_o

how do u do drop your shield so fast
uhh u mean hard shield to shine? cuz light shield would make u slide too much to shine.
I usually shield and then jc shine by pressing up c stick to jump so I can shine fast enough to not jump.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i guess u didnt see the last vids of colbol ****** hbox 3 tournies and a row, but people forget about keepspeedn he is 2nd best to shiz..go falcon if u want to..im not here to argue..only time will tell

anyway..ur fox is pretty good..what is your strat against samus with fox

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I did one match before

in tourney and i sd like

a champ but ill try and get

some recored

Top Bottom