• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

robyextreme

Smash Ace
lmao violence, you make it sound like it's hard to find out what those stupid cards are worth...

and no it wasn't me haha.i wouldnt have ****ed it up like those guys did.

but yeah my ex gf we forgive each other, and i gave her **** back that i took.

plus otto and i talked about it so it's chill and neither of us actually hit each other anyway

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
u coulda come to Overture 2 on Saturday.

I don't really like having to relearn smashboards. Pretty dumb. Why bother changing it in the first place?

Anyways, I just wanna say hurry up with the uploading Evan. I wanna see some low tier ****.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I don't really like having to relearn smashboards. Pretty dumb. Why bother changing it in the first place?
Because vBulletin 3.x is a very old, outdated system that isn't being updated with a ton of security holes. vBulletin 4.x is slow, unusable trash. Their choices were basically xenForo which is what we're on now or Invision Power Board. It's pretty much the same choice I had to make when my friends and I made our website. I went with Invision but a lot of sites are going with xenForo. You'll actually be receiving updates that enhance the site now as well as a front page with news, updates, etc. If you guys haven't been keeping up, check these out:

http://smashboards.com/threads/333173/
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/333532/

SmashBoards should be expanding to be a much more useful service to both old and new players. Personally I picked Invision Power Board because xenForo is stuck in legal troubles right now and I'm not sure how development will go on it, but a ton newer large sites use xenForo.

Sacrificed personality for functionality

I don't know...I do like the alert system, though. SRK all up in here.
SRK just changed from xenForo to Vanilla actually :p

Violence

Smash Lord
On a card by card basis, anyone can look up names of cards and figure out the worth.

But there were around 6 or so trays in that case, and they were all worth over 1000 dollars, each tray holds over 20 different cards in certain multiples, and the names aren't easy to read through the glass.

There are also 3 other cases to look at, each with the same number of trays and all with different cards that are hard to read.

So you're looking at like 500 different cards names you need to look up and figure out the price of, which is way more trouble than someone who didn't play the game would care about.

All the trays in the store are at least a few hundred, so if I didn't play the game, I would've just gone for the easiest tray to get to, and started from there.

Not saying you can't do it or it's stupidly difficult, it just takes a long time, and I doubt any non player would've given a ****.

Allmsayin.

KKOrange

Smash Cadet
i might just be down for some smash friday ^^ havent been out to the hold in so long, been sitting at home practicing tech skill

KKOrange

Smash Cadet
i miss melee. (and you daz and everyone else) :(

the only real days i can get to stronghold now are fri/sat/sunday, (saturday i have soccer, so i can barely ever come then) so friday is probably my best bet.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
u coulda come to Overture 2 on Saturday.
smash hasn't really been on my mind at all lately, there's just no point getting excited about it right now anyway. I guess I'll play when the next MAPLE RIDGE SSBM NATIONAL happens.... :smash:

I saw the video of everyone booking it when that went down I'll admit I laughed when people booked it, poor stronghold staff, they should hire bouncers or something rofl.

michael_li

Smash Ace
i can talk anything i want, biaaatch
nah you start more ****, after all i saw you play puff and plank players who are new to the game, planking new players who play mario... sad **** bro.
also adam never paused, prove it by uploading the video evan homo meta. vids or it never happened HAHAHAHA

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
My point is that Mike didn't start anything here. So when you were like

"you have no room to talk, mike

you start more **** than i could if i tried" I was just saying that has nothing to do with it.

Own up to your part.

Top Bottom