• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The awesome blue party hat

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
As you may have seen today in the updates, the goggles SEEMS to be pikachu's new blue team apparel. This is an outrage :mad:! The blue party hat was present in the two first SSB games and it should not be thrown away into the trash can like Pichu. The goggles are alright, but can not match pikachu's blue hat. I have always used that hat when playing Pikachu. Hell, my nick is Pikachu with the Chapeau Bleu (Pikachu with the blue hat).

If anyone, like me, feels betrayed by this blunder, please voice your dissatisfaction in this thread so that every one can be heard. We must pray, that the awesome blue party hat will be in one of the two outfits which were not shown in the update (Normal, blue goggles, green bandana and red hat).

:(
T_T

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I agree! I love the blue party hat and am sad to see it's (possible) demise. Hopefully it just got a color change or something. Maybe now it's a brighter blue and give pikachu +150% damage to all his attacks. Then he would be pwnage.

fums63

Smash Apprentice
that party hat owned. so did the green pimp hat but now thats gone too... altho the bandanas not that bad.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Of ALL the costumes between Pikachu and Pichu, I feel that the goggles were the best. By far. And I never cared for the party hat much. The second best was the red hat, which I see they kept (really, that one's too rooted in the actual game to be tossed away as easily), and I rather like the new green bandanna.

So all in all, I'm incredibly pleased with Pikachu's costumes this time. I truly think he got the best of everything we've seen before, and got a really nice new piece (the bandanna).

Total upgrade, imo.

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
That's too bad :p. The blue party hat was awesome. The goggles looked great on pichu, but not so much on pika.

Of ALL the costumes between Pikachu and Pichu, I feel that the goggles were the best. By far. And I never cared for the party hat much. The second best was the red hat, which I see they kept (really, that one's too rooted in the actual game to be tossed away as easily), and I rather like the new green bandanna.

So all in all, I'm incredibly pleased with Pikachu's costumes this time. I truly think he got the best of everything we've seen before, and got a really nice new piece (the bandanna).

Total upgrade, imo.
I don't think many people will like your comments. He did say please voice your dissatisfactions lol.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I alwase used Pichu. he was way cooler than Pika in Melee (pika was a tub of lard with electric powers) so I perfer the goggles. now that pikachu is more.. active. im glad to see him with the Goggles.

*wishes he had a "Your PICHU evolved into a PIKACHU!" screenshot right now :(*

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't think many people will like your comments. He did say please voice your dissatisfactions lol.
I didn't think many people would. The party hat seems to be pretty popular around here, which I don't understand, but that's okay. I know the thread starter asked for people who didn't like the absence of the hat, but this is a forum. I have a different opinion, so I decided to state it, despite the fact that he didn't ask for it. That's what happens, I guess.

This thread would be pretty boring if all the posts were "I miss the party hat too!", yeah?

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
This thread would be pretty boring if all the posts were "I miss the party hat too!", yeah?
I must admit you have a point on that part. Anyway, I don't see why people like Pichu. Pikachu is much stronger, but I am distancing myself from the subject.
Why is the party hat so cool? Well it's simple! First of all, the point of the hat is incredibly hard (it does not bend nor fall off), thus skewering people when Pikachu does a headbutt. Second, the hat causes the electricity to flow much better inside Pikachu thus causing his electricity attacks to be much more efficient. Finally, it looks awesome and happy and so has my two thumbs up!

Now give me a good proof that those ugly goggles are better than that awesome chapeau bleu!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I must admit you have a point on that part. Anyway, I don't see why people like Pichu. Pikachu is much stronger, but I am distancing myself from the subject.
Why is the party hat so cool? Well it's simple! First of all, the point of the hat is incredibly hard (it does not bend nor fall off), thus skewering people when Pikachu does a headbutt. Second, the hat causes the electricity to flow much better inside Pikachu thus causing his electricity attacks to be much more efficient. Finally, it looks awesome and happy and so has my two thumbs up!

Now give me a good proof that those ugly goggles are better than that awesome chapeau bleu!
I think the party hat was too long and pointy. Didn't really mesh with Pikachu's general roundness. The elliptical goggles compliment him better, I think.

As far as fictional functionality goes, the goggles protect his forehead, which is helpful since that's where he's often struck, due to his height. They're also handy in the event that he needs to swim or see through a water blast from Squirtle or Mario. He'll feel the pain and the knockback, but at least he'll see, ****it!

Plus, they just look supah fly. :cool:

And I just generally like goggles. I think it might stem from my love of Digimon when I was younger (hell, even now).

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
As far as fictional functionality goes, the goggles protect his forehead, which is helpful since that's where he's often struck, due to his height.
Hmmm... maybe so, but what if the goggles break, which would result the glass exploding everywhere in Pikachu's face thus injuring him greatly? What then?

Just for the record though, the blue goggles were my favorite Pichu costume. I am not unhappy to see them in Brawl but if it would happen that the blue goggles result into the destruction of the blue hat, I could never bring myself to feel anything else than pure hatred against the blue specs.
:mad:

True Fool

Smash Ace
I think the hat could come back pink or purple. Who says Pikachu has to be confined to the four basic colors?

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
I think the hat could come back pink or purple. Who says Pikachu has to be confined to the four basic colors?
... This is not what we want... We want the hat AND the color. Not any hat, but the party one. Beside, purple and pink? wth? It wouldn't be the awesome blue party hat, that would be the gay stupid hat lol.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hmmm... maybe so, but what if the goggles break, which would result the glass exploding everywhere in Pikachu's face thus injuring him greatly? What then?
Fair point, sir. But on the same note, what if Pikachu were to head-butt something stiff while wearing the party hat? The hat would press back against his skull and cause brain damage. Or at least be mildly uncomfortable.

Just for the record though, the blue goggles were my favorite Pichu costume. I am not unhappy to see them in Brawl but if it would happen that the blue goggles result into the destruction of the blue hat, I could never bring myself to feel anything else than pure hatred against the blue specs.
:mad:
Ah, well, I can see how you'd be upset. My lack of love for the hat allowed for a smoother transition to the goggles, for me. If Pikachu had exchanged a costume that I actually liked (the trainer hat) with Pichu's corresponding costume (that red earband/ascot deal) then I'd probably be upset too.

Now there's an idea. In fact, I think I'd prefer a pink or purple party hat to a blue one.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
This might make people mad, but I'm happy that the party hat is gone, I thought that it looked stupid on Pikachu, and the green hat he had on Melee, but now, the googles and the green bandana rock!

Rakath

Smash Ace

Total upgrade, imo.
Agree with you on all of it, but the green hat dislike.

While the goggles are not rooted into a specific Pokemon character, as an anime cliche they are rooted into everything. Party Hat however just looked silly, if it was a true Mage hat or something, I'd like it more, but a party hat? Pfft.

The Irish Pimp hat being gone however, I will miss. But its replacement is rooted into Pokemon itself, so I respect the change.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Splendid idea. I don't know why you call yourself a fool.

... This is not what we want... We want the hat AND the color. Not any hat, but the party one. Beside, purple and pink? wth? It wouldn't be the awesome blue party hat, that would be the gay stupid hat lol.
I wonder if the red party hat or the green party hat from SSB64 had made it through to Melee, would this discussion still exist? Would people be protesting (figuratively) the removal of the green party hat?

The color and the hat are two sepparate issues, because we've already had the same party hat in a few different colors. To me, removing the party hat is dumb, because it's been around since the original. By contrast, it's only been the BLUE party hat for the last generation.
Therefore, I think it is far more reasonable for them to change the color of the hat, then to replace it altogether. Personally, I'm okay with purple or orange, or perhaps even a combination of different colors. After all, why does it need to be limited to a single color?

Party hats aside, I have to say, now that I've seen the green headband, I think I'm in love. No offense to those of you who liked the derby/cowboy hat, but it was not my style at all, and it forced me to convert to the red hat. But I'm lovin this new one.

I agree! I mean what do the goggles do? nothing.

Now the party hat shows that Pikachu is confident he will win and will throw a party afterwards! Also bring back the pimp hat! Make the pimp hat purple and the party hat orange or something

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It said on the site that there were 6 costumes(including original) for everyone. There are still 2 Pikachu Costumes we haven't seen yet. I bet you the Party hat is one of them.

fums63

Smash Apprentice
It said on the site that there were 6 costumes(including original) for everyone. There are still 2 Pikachu Costumes we haven't seen yet. I bet you the Party hat is one of them.
2 things: it said about six. also if u had 2 blue costumes which one would u use for teams?

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
Party Hat however just looked silly, if it was a true Mage hat or something, I'd like it more, but a party hat? Pfft.
For me, the argument you use to say the party hat is innapropriate is one of my reasons why the party hat should return! What is more embarrassing than getting your *** kicked by a cute little Pikachu? A Pikachu with a silly hat of course! It's all just a game for that Pikachu. Another reason I like about that hat better than the others is that the color of the Pikachu stays the same (maybe a LITTLE paler) but for the red and green one, the Pikachu has reddish and greenish (eww) fur which makes those costumes much less attractive.

Also, if the hat was in another color, the Pikachu would have it's fur change slightly but very noticeably to that color. Pink and purple Pikachu? No thanks.

I have a great idea though. It would solve all our problems if we could not only change the costumes, but also change the color of each costume. It is very unlikely that that happens (What other costumes can there be for Mario, Diddy Kong or Metaknight?) but it is something to think about.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu's party hat came about in the first SSB title for the N64. Apparently, the pokemon anniversary was around the same time as the release date, so they gave Pika a hat for the occasion. The hat was kept in Melee (as everyone with Melee should know...).

Note how many Pikachu recolors were shown in that update: 4. Also note how many alternate colors Mr. Sakurai said each character will have: 6 (technically, he said 'about 6').

6-4=2, with the original costume being the fifth leaves one costume unaccounted for. What else could it be? There's no need to panic just yet.

What worries me is how Mr. Sakurai pointed out those goggles like that. They look just like Pichu's... u_u

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Pikachu's party hat came about in the first SSB title for the N64. Apparently, the pokemon anniversary was around the same time as the release date, so they gave Pika a hat for the occasion. The hat was kept in Melee (as everyone with Melee should know...).

Note how many Pikachu recolors were shown in that update: 4. Also note how many alternate colors Mr. Sakurai said each character will have: 6 (technically, he said 'about 6').

6-4=2, with the original costume being the fifth leaves one costume unaccounted for. What else could it be? There's no need to panic just yet.

What worries me is how Mr. Sakurai pointed out those goggles like that. They look just like Pichu's... u_u
Unless I missed something pretty significant, Sakurai only showed three alternate costumes: blue goggles Pikachu, red hat Pikachu, and green headband. Those plus the neutral costume would equal four. So, assuming Pikachu has six (which seems like a fair assumption, but an assumption none the less), he has two costumes unnaccounted for, not one.

And regarding the goggles, I'd say it's a good bet his comment was meant to hint that we won't be seeing Pichu in Brawl.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman

i hate how people say pichu evloved because he has those goggles for all we can know it could be the same pikachu from melee but he killed pichu and took his goggles and was like "nice goggles ill be taking these to brawl with me" lol xD

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Unless I missed something pretty significant, Sakurai only showed three alternate costumes: blue goggles Pikachu, red hat Pikachu, and green headband. Those plus the neutral costume would equal four. So, assuming Pikachu has six (which seems like a fair assumption, but an assumption none the less), he has two costumes unnaccounted for, not one.

And regarding the goggles, I'd say it's a good bet his comment was meant to hint that we won't be seeing Pichu in Brawl.
Yeah, that would explain why I couldn't remember what the fifth was. Why did I put 5? Wierd...

I liked the hat too, but more because blue is my favorite color and not because of what it was. It's nice to give Pichu some recognition, even though he didn't deserve the spot in Melee.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I think that the Blue Party Hat is still a color option for Pikachu. I doubt that they ditched off the Party Hat after it has been in the game throughout the years o fthe "Super Smash Bros."series. They'll probably include both the party hat and the blue goggles now, and have them both as Pikachu's main blue team and make it optional for team play or something.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I picked the Green hat in Melee so I could say "Don't make me pimpslap you", usually when someone was Peach/Zelda/Jigglypuff, but sometimes when I USmashed Fox or Falco to death.

Now, since on a daily basis I wear goggles, Goggles will be my new main. (Which people who talk to me off of these forums would not be shocked by.)

Chepe

Smash Lord
If the party hat returns, I dont think it will be blue anymore... Maybe purple or something... But yeah, I want it back too...

You know, its also very likely they gave it to Jigglypuff. It would be just as if not more appropriate on her.

nickjuly4

Smash Rookie
I like the blue party hat a lot and I've been using it since the first Smash bros. game back when all team colors where party hats for Pikachu. :)

Then in Meelee they only had it for the blue team, but that wasn't a big deal for me since my favorite color is blue anyways, but I can't believe they replaced it.

Top Bottom