• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Doesn't really matter. The colts are unbeatable.
Colts are 16-2. They've lost twice.

They can lose again.
^^^Doesn't give a rat's *** about football, but loves the Superbowl for all the food it provides him with on Superbowl day

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Guys, I wanna play everyone as Bowser at Chad's this week. I'd like to see how Bowser stacks up against PT.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
lol the colts arent an old team. plenty of youngsters on that team in starting roles. IDK what ur talking about. Also, it sure didnt stop the pats from going back to back.

favre didnt lose the game for the vikings really, refs/skill players' hands did. berrian, harvin, and peterson had at least one fumble lost. favre threw [icks after he felt like he had limited options.
This game should have been like 42-28 or worse, even with those 2 picks.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hey Austin, are you guys having a Smashfest this week? If so there is a high possibility that I may come.

Whether or not the rest of SA wants to come is up to them.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
lol the colts arent an old team. plenty of youngsters on that team in starting roles. IDK what ur talking about. Also, it sure didnt stop the pats from going back to back.

favre didnt lose the game for the vikings really, refs/skill players' hands did. berrian, harvin, and peterson had at least one fumble lost. favre threw [icks after he felt like he had limited options.
well I ment he blew it when the game was in the Vikings hands. 1:30 left, ball on the 36, and AP having a great 4th quarter. feed him the ball get close, close, and kick the field goal. Instead Farve tried to force the ball down the field instead of playing smart and costed them :/

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Colts are 16-2. They've lost twice.

They can lose again.
^^^Doesn't give a rat's *** about football, but loves the Superbowl for all the food it provides him with on Superbowl day
The colts are peyton, reggie, dwight freeney, mathis, etc. They didn't play in the two losses, thus the colts haven't lost a game.

Don't mess with my colts. :)

On a side note, I don't get all the TvC hype. IMO its not that good.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Greyfox, we might.

I'm down for Wednesday if the rest of the crew is up for it.

And John...don't mess with my Saints!!

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
Better teams don't turn the ball over like 10 times in one game. Their fault and only their fault. No Johnz!

Besides, I hate Brett Favre. That guy is the epitome of Cherry Picking in football.
Cherry picking.... how is that possible in football? we always referred to that as someone that waited down by the other persons goal to just receive a long pass and have a 1 on 1 with the keeper before you were old enough for offsides to be called.

dude Bret Farve is a man! he's like 40 and still doin it in the game, BUT they lost that game thanks to Mr. #4.. shoulda played safe football and got that field goal with 1:00 left.
He is a man... but he is an egocentric ******* with no humility. oh well all I know is "that i'm still going out on top." haha.

Hey Austin, are you guys having a Smashfest this week? If so there is a high possibility that I may come.

Whether or not the rest of SA wants to come is up to them.
looking to do it wednesday if everyone can make it, my house is a pretty easy drive up from SA since you don't really have to go into Austin.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Gotta disagree that Favre's egocentric. He just loves the game. Brett's a friend of the family; he's an upstanding guy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The colts are peyton, reggie, dwight freeney, mathis, etc. They didn't play in the two losses, thus the colts haven't lost a game.

Don't mess with my colts. :)

On a side note, I don't get all the TvC hype. IMO its not that good.
Their record says otherwise. :)

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0

Peyton, Reggie Wayne and a few others are old by NFL standards and they just got their head coach this year? As soon as Peyton's gone and their coach doesn't have Manning calling plays on the line as his ace in the hole; the Colts will need something miraculous to keep this pace up.

well I ment he blew it when the game was in the Vikings hands. 1:30 left, ball on the 36, and AP having a great 4th quarter. feed him the ball get close, close, and kick the field goal. Instead Farve tried to force the ball down the field instead of playing smart and costed them :/
I agree. There's something about Favre though....in his 'final year', last run for the superbowl and he's like 40? Gotta appreciate that he wanted to go for a +7 lead rather than the 3. Poor judgement but I can see why he did it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
For Chad:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VD6BdYgIK1U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VD6BdYgIK1U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Gnes

Smash Master
Not just Favre's fault, coach makes the final call. Also, lets not forget the numerous turnovers/penalties when it counted. I'll admit that the one of the last calls(the interference)was completely wrong. Cant wait for the refs. to get chewed out on that call hahahaha.

Peyton, Reggie Wayne and a few others are old by NFL standards and they just got their head coach this year? As soon as Peyton's gone and their coach doesn't have Manning calling plays on the line as his ace in the hole; the Colts will need something miraculous to keep this pace up.
Hmm...what would the saints do without drew brees, cardinals without kurt warner, patriots without tom brady(lol we saw this already hahaha) i mean if u take the main part of the team away of course the performance will plummet.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@Hylian: Single. Manliest. Match. In. Brawl. History. Period.

@Couch: Ok, I do plan on going. It looks like I might go myself but I do need your address to get there. :)

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Not just Favre's fault, coach makes the final call. Also, lets not forget the numerous turnovers/penalties when it counted. I'll admit that the one of the last calls(the interference)was completely wrong. Cant wait for the refs. to get chewed out on that call hahahaha.
true, but the coach didn't make #4 force the ball with the game on the line.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
@Hylian: Single. Manliest. Match. In. Brawl. History. Period.

@Couch: Ok, I do plan on going. It looks like I might go myself but I do need your address to get there. :)
good deal, tomorrow should be fun, info sent in PM.

also, someone needs to bring a wii tomorrow please! Hopefully Mike can figure out how to lagfree this beast upstairs because I've ****ed around with it and can't find options for the 120Hz.

Grayfox43

Smash Cadet
also, someone needs to bring a wii tomorrow please! Hopefully Mike can figure out how to lagfree this beast upstairs because I've ****ed around with it and can't find options for the 120Hz.
I have come across tv's where you can't turn the option off, but it's rare. I'll take a look at it.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I got a 40 inch samsung 1080p tv with 120hz refresh rate, but I am returning it soon due to the lag. It lags on everything even with the game mode option on. : / Guess Imma have to go back to the 32 inch tv or can experiment with buying another T.V. from best buy. But this will be my 2nd return, they are prob. gonna cut me off soon. 1st 32in. didn't turn on. Also I can't make it tomorrow even though I wish I could : /

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How late will you guys be there?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hylian you going to Phase right? Feel like picking up myself and potentially a friend of mine in Waco?

If you can't, that's cool Monica said she could. I just thought I would ask you first since it's kinda on the way to Dallas for you and I'd rather not have Monica drive from Dallas to Waco and back unless it was necessary lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian you going to Phase right? Feel like picking up myself and potentially a friend of mine in Waco?

If you can't, that's cool Monica said she could. I just thought I would ask you first since it's kinda on the way to Dallas for you and I'd rather not have Monica drive from Dallas to Waco and back unless it was necessary lol.

I'm not driving, someone else is and our car is full :/. Sorry.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nooooooooo problem lol. Alright Monica, Giddy Up! lol

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok Austin, Espy and I are getting ready to be on the way. I'm bringing my Wii/Brawl. For Ziggy, I'll bring my DS and Pokemon. :3

Top Bottom