• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I was with a Houston friend all weekend. Sorry chicken :(

I'm free this Wednesday and Saturday... two weeks before I'm in Hawaii, so get at me... though I have evenings off if you want to play, Hylian (but not Tuesday)

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Sorry CT, not much time for smash during weekends..

I may be free wednesday, but it depends on what else is going on.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
We could try wednesday. But it failed somewhat last time. We'll do something this week though.

Just need to set a time and place. At least a day in advance. I'd say either wednesday or thursday. Depending on who's available.

Bizz

Smash Rookie
Hylian, I might be able to go Sunday... although I'm gonna be really hung over

Add me to the list on the front page, I think I'm on board for this whole competitive smash scene after all this time =P

325-315-8227 Just send me a text if ya'll are playing or want to come play in the west campus area... although I won't be able to host anything till the fall, my roommates right now might get mad if we had a big smashfest in our room... pricks

btw, I don't have any tests the week before HOBO if anyone wants to get in some last minute practice, I could use all the match-ups I can get my hands on.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you driving to hobo17?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bizz, what are you doing on Saturday? I don't work and Hylian doesn't work... though it's the day before I leave for Hawaii I'm sure I could pack up earlier, and we could try to have something then.

Bizz

Smash Rookie
I'll be partying all day long saturday, there's a huge party at FIJI (I'm one of those "cool" frat guys that doesn't really act like a frat guy) and I'm definitely not missing it. But if I get sick of partying I'll come back early and post here or something...

I'm available anytime but Friday evening/night and saturday... I have class on weekdays from 10-2 but other than that nothing... Smash is my job as of right now =P

Bizz

Smash Rookie
And as of right now, ya...

I'm trying to convince a few of my good friends to drive with me to HOBO so they can talk smack and get in my opponents' head, but if you need a ride and my truck has some room I would gladly give ya a ride...

One more thing... I might be staying saturday at my bro's house in houston... not sure yet... but if we do, we'll pretty much just celebrate our (hopefully) success with some drinks and bowls... if that's your thing anyway =P

Bizz

Smash Rookie
Actually...
one more thing =P

If you don't have a doubles partner and think I'm good enough, maybe we could team up... It would definitely create a little buzz and help me get my name out into the competitive scene.

that's if I'm good enough... hopefully I'll live up to my expectations, there's still quite a bit I need to learn though, mainly I need to play more legit matches against good people... Experience is the only thing I'm lacking in my eyes, but who knows... I would post a vid, but I don't know how/don't have a camera

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dang, hurry up and be like me and outgrow your party years already, lol. I pretty much spent my Freshman and Sophomore years partying, and now I'm just taking it easy, focusing on studies... basically being an old man :p I prefer more mellow outings nowadays.

Oh well, you can still meet up with at least JadedLink and/or Hylian, who try to play periodically, I'll be out of the state for about 2 weeks.

Bizz

Smash Rookie
When do you work, I'm free wednesday and thursday... but I have a test tomorrow. Although if ya'll can meet tonight, I wouldn't mind bringing my notes and looking over them in between matches and whatnot.

That's pretty much what I'm doing right now anyway =P

My name is Greg btw, I noticed everyone else had their names on the front page...

Suspect

Smash Hero
If you guys do something tomorrow, ill see if we can find a carpool down there. Our weekly smashfest are boring

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
First of all, see that edit button? Use it haha. Double/Triple posting will get you in trouble here >_>.

And as of right now, ya...

I'm trying to convince a few of my good friends to drive with me to HOBO so they can talk smack and get in my opponents' head, but if you need a ride and my truck has some room I would gladly give ya a ride...

One more thing... I might be staying saturday at my bro's house in houston... not sure yet... but if we do, we'll pretty much just celebrate our (hopefully) success with some drinks and bowls... if that's your thing anyway =P
Well if you have room I would love to go with you. I'm the person in austin who always drives everyone to everything so it's nice to have a break from driving every once in awhile :). If not it's cool I'll just drive myself.

And I don't mind the drinking etc. I don't smoke, but I'll drink for sure :p.

I don't know how much success you will see though haha. Texas is pretty ****ing good at this game.

Actually...
one more thing =P

If you don't have a doubles partner and think I'm good enough, maybe we could team up... It would definitely create a little buzz and help me get my name out into the competitive scene.

that's if I'm good enough... hopefully I'll live up to my expectations, there's still quite a bit I need to learn though, mainly I need to play more legit matches against good people... Experience is the only thing I'm lacking in my eyes, but who knows... I would post a vid, but I don't know how/don't have a camera
I usually have a list of people wanting to team with me :/ heh. If you can beat me in a 3/5 set before the tournament I'll team with you though to be fair :).

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
If Texas is so **** good, (I know it is,) and Austin is the capital of the Texas.
Why don't we ever have any tournies here?
Hylian, did you ever get any further on that place you were thinking of for a tournament?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Jadedlink is going to post info later (it's gonna be at his house), but there's a smashfest tomorrow in downtown Austin, so make some time, guys :D

Bizz

Smash Rookie
Now we're talking!!

and Hylian... we're on

(sry for the multiposting awesomeness =P I'll stop...)

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Address:
3011 Whitis Ave
APT 101
Austin, TX 78705

Phone:
512-554-1900

Plenty of parking. If SA comes will need another set up. Guessing we'll start at 2 and run till everyone leaves.

And if we got a stable venue, Austin would have lots of tournaments. Find a venue!

Bizz

Smash Rookie
I get out of class at 1.

How far of a walk is your place from the Tower? That's where my class is and my friend needs to use my truck tomorrow...

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
I want to smash manana. John I believe my controller is at your place?

Oh and Bizz don't walk you will dehydrate. lmao.
I'm sure John will pick you up from campus.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Ya. I don't mind picking people up. If you want to walk its on 30th st. So about 6 or 7 blocks from the tower.

Juan will be on the corner of 24th and guadalupe. If he gets there at 1, i can pick both of you up.

And your controller is still here Sergio. I was just about to let you know about tomorrow. Guess i don't have to now.

Bizz

Smash Rookie
Alright, well I'll just send Juan a text tomorrow and if he's there I'll be at 24th... if not, I'll just walk... I don't mind.... Hopefully I'm playing well tomorrow, I just played a minute ago and couldn't land a waft to save my life...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I guess I'll try to get there at one... probably won't happen though b/c I'm a late sleeper and plan to go running tomorrow. I'll probably hit downtown around 2:15 or so.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There's 4 guaranteed, Charles/ADMJP will probably drop by for a while, and no word from Couch Guy/Chad yet.

I said downtown b/c I live in Round Rock, it's all downtown to me, lol.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll try to get there at one... probably won't happen though b/c I'm a late sleeper and plan to go running tomorrow. I'll probably hit downtown around 2:15 or so.
do u know the Enclave Apartments in Round Rock !?

IF u know where is it let me know ASAP in this I am not JOKING!!!!

ps: PhantomX give me your address PM me because I think if u live closer I can come by and visit you

Bizz

Smash Rookie
Alright, I'll give you a call tomorrow after my class gets out... I might go get something to eat on the drag first though...

That way we can play some warm-ups before phantom rolls up and gets ownt by the new kid =P jk jk

btw, my friend started up a T-Shirt company, you should check it out...(links in the sig) He's gonna try to make it to HOBO with us to get some publicity. He said he would hook us up with some shirts if the austin guys sweep =P

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
ZOMG, we are getting a bigger crowd here. O.O I wanna get some hardcore Smashing going when I come back to UT. I'm gonna be back August 20th--when is everyone else gonna be in?

Jesus says he wants to improve this year. :O

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Bizz ownt all teh nubs...

That describes my day, lol
Any idea if you are going to have room in your truck for hobo17? I've got a GPS so you wouldn't have to worry about directions :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
give to me your address so I can come this Saturday Hylian I text u but u never reply back to me the number the last 4 digit are 1703 and start with 713 I think u have my number !!!!! text me Back ASAP

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
Jordan is the only carpooler that is worth a ****.

Juan just sleeps the whole time and I guess if you REALLY need to stay awake you could just have John take his shoes off.... holy hell.

Top Bottom