• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's just stupid, Juan. It's also awesome.

"AFU & BR - all f***ed up & beyond repair"

FUBAR is just easier.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Some of them are both terrible and hilarious at the same time.

So far some personal favorites of mine are Assmosis and Creepers. DUB - **** Ugly Baby, ROFL.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Looks like I'm AGMI this week if there are any smashfests.

Oh and so I've been using my splint less and less and my thumb has regained some mobility. I've come to the conclusion that my thumb in the splint for so long resulted in some muscle deterioration, which made it kinda worse.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Last post about this weekend, if ANYONE is coming they better let me know cause im capping my tourny out due to room. So if you don't want our money then that's on you.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I just realized the first time I posted in this thread was on page 13. o.0

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Organ recital - a hypochondriac’s medical history
Polybabydaddia - a mother who presents to the ER (Casualty) dept with 8 or 9 kids in tow, most of whom were fathered by a different men

:)

I can't wait to start penning my own slang terms.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon (pronounced Pokey-man) - the medic who drains abscesses (Lancelot (lance-a-lot) in the UK)

That is now my dream. To become a pokemon.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
TUBE - Totally Unnecessary Breast Examination (might happen to a GLM [Good Looking Mum])

Lol, doctors.

Two beers - the number of beers every patient involved in an alcohol-related automobile accident claims to have drunk before the accident
Two Dudes - a patient who was in a fight "Two dudes jumped me for no reason" (implying the patient would have one against one assailant)

Lol, people.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
How many Austin players live near downtown? I want to play some different people.

Also, if you don't live near me I might be willing to drive, but I don't want to go to like round rock or something.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
A good amount of us live on the UT campus or really close to campus. Here's a list from what I know.

Me
Chris (Zigsta)
Charles (ADMJP)
John (Jaded Link)

And then there are a few others that live a bit away from the Campus in apartment complexes such as the Triangle. Not sure if you're willing to go that far.

Finally, we have some people who play smash at the UT Smash club, but there skill isn't quite up to par with ours.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Cool, I usually have get togethers with my friends on Monday and Wednesday nights that usually last till about 4am or so. If anybody wants to take the Riverside bus to my apt I am willing to drive you back to UT.

I live at Longhorn Landing btw.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
You can play with Silent_rain (sergio) he lives somewhere in there.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
What's this? Phase 8 on May 1st and HOBO 24 on May 8th?

Dunno when Smash Club should hold a major Brawl tourney...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What's this? Phase 8 on May 1st and HOBO 24 on May 8th?

Dunno when Smash Club should hold a major Brawl tourney...
Haha, I don't think any of us are going to Phase 8, but some of us are gonna be out of town. I would just hold it on May 8th, since the people coming back from out of town are gonna be burnt, and I doubt any of us are gonna be willing to travel.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys I have off Wed.

Smashfest?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm not gonna say it
I'm only gonna think it
cause it's 4 am
And I might not be thinking it

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll try and make it Wednesday if there's a fest. Depends on how my studying's going.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
If Smash Club hosted a Brawl tournament on May 8th, who all could come? It would be on campus (Welch 1.316) noon-midnight with a $5 admission fee, $10 singles entry fee, $20 (or $10) per team doubles entry fee. Would have free pizza and drinks too. We would advertise it in it's own thread (and perhaps one of you guys could make the thread).

The problem is it would be hard to attract many out-of-city Brawlers with HOBO 24 going on. Really our only other option is May 1st but Phase 8 is going on then. I'm afraid it might be more prudent for us to hold another Melee tourney in May. However, if most of you guys and some out-of-city Brawlers can come, we would gladly hold a Brawl tourney.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
San Antonio has very little funds for both Phase 8 and HOBO 24.

However, I'm sure we can deal with one of the above, AND an Austin tournament.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If Smash Club hosted a Brawl tournament on May 8th, who all could come? It would be on campus (Welch 1.316) noon-midnight with a $5 admission fee, $10 singles entry fee, $20 (or $10) per team doubles entry fee. Would have free pizza and drinks too. We would advertise it in it's own thread (and perhaps one of you guys could make the thread).

The problem is it would be hard to attract many out-of-city Brawlers with HOBO 24 going on. Really our only other option is May 1st but Phase 8 is going on then. I'm afraid it might be more prudent for us to hold another Melee tourney in May. However, if most of you guys and some out-of-city Brawlers can come, we would gladly hold a Brawl tourney.
If you make it on the 8th, you will get +1 retired Wario player to show up, haha. I talked to San Antonio and they expressed interest in coming up for it. I think they want to go to Phase so it works out better to have it this date. This is also before some of our UT players go back home for the summer. It would be wishful thinking to have people from elsewhere come since I don't think our city does too well on the housing front, but you never know, maybe Dallas will make a cameo or something.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
I'll be down for a tourney after classes have ended. If I do go, this will end my long absence from the tournament scene.

Count me in. =)

theeboredone

Smash Legend

I would show up for the tournament, and I have a living room at my residency to house if anyone needs it. I could probably keep 3 people.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
just tell them you are a potential UT basketball recruit and there will be plenty of people willing to hop on ur icicle.

Top Bottom