• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Locuan Locuan , could you let me know when the matches from last night are uploaded? I really want to watch my set vs. Sassy again. Also hope you're feeling better!

:gova:
Thanks.

Regarding the matches, it's going to be an issue. I had left some people in charge during the moments I took breaks but they left the setup, which means it kept recording without stopping. Granted, it was an oversight on my part I should have been aware. So there are videos which would have to be edited and cut down (they also don't show the score correctly). I don't have video editing software. There are other of your matches that will be easier since it'll just be upload, like the BC. vs you set. It's all on my computer though, so if for some reason I can't upload it, I can give you the data and you'll be able to watch at your leisure.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Thanks.

Regarding the matches, it's going to be an issue. I had left some people in charge during the moments I took breaks but they left the setup, which means it kept recording without stopping. Granted, it was an oversight on my part I should have been aware. So there are videos which would have to be edited and cut down (they also don't show the score correctly). I don't have video editing software. There are other of your matches that will be easier since it'll just be upload, like the BC. vs you set. It's all on my computer though, so if for some reason I can't upload it, I can give you the data and you'll be able to watch at your leisure.
The incorrect scores + names won't bother me really but I understand if you want to take your time and cut + edit for quality.

:gova:

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ladies and gentlemen, 7 days from now (aka Dec 5th aka next Saturday) players from across this great nation will be traveling to Houston for TGC 5. Dabuz, Ryo, Zenyou, Void and other great players from the Jungles of Cali, swamps of Nevada and the frozen tundra of Florida will be in attendance. This is on top of the already big list of in state power house players like GrimTurtle, MegaFox, Trela, Denti, Fliphop, Wall, Iggy, ALSM and more!

Combining what I said above with the fact that there is also a 500$ bonus to 1vs1 and a $500 bonus to 2vs2, this event will easily reach over 150 players (200? 250?). Because of this, I need your help when it comes to full setups. I need about 30 full setups to get you guys out of the venue sooner and to allow for friendlies/MMs…etc. So, whoever brings a full setup (WiiU/Tv/SSB4) that I use will not have to pay the venue fee at TGC. If you have already paid venue fee online AND you brought a full setup, I will refund you your venue fee. Please guys, I need setups more than anything.

MORE importantly, Smash United, led by Remo and Krebs, will be recording all matches at TGC 5! So keep an eye out on their channel after TGC for some SICK vids. Furthermore, Krebs, GrimTurtle as well as a few other local TOs have volunteered to help me co-TO TGC for maximum efficiency. The whole city seems to be coming together to give you the best experience possible.

Due to potentially mega high turnout, I have altered the TGC 5 schedule. Please pay attention to what follows:

Xyro arrives at venue @ 9:00am to set up (players can be here that early as well)
Official Registration/Check-in/Practice for all Smash 4 events begins @ 10:00am.
Smash 4 2vs2 normal bracket begins @ 11:30am
Smash 4 1vs1 Wave 1 of Altered Bracket Pools (1-4) begins @ 2:00pm
Smash 4 1vs1 Wave 2 of Altered Bracket Pools (5-8) begins @ 5:00pm
Finish 2vs2 bracket and both waves of pools by 7:30pm.
Top 32 Smash 4 1vs1 begins @ 8:00pm
Leave the Venue @ 1:00am

Here is an explanation of what the above means.
1. I will create a huge bracket and break it up into several mini brackets.
2. Each mini bracket that will have about 50ish players in each one.
3. Each mini bracket will have 5-7 dedicated setups.
4. Four mini brackets will play at a time. This is called a “wave.”
5. Wave 1 will go first and then Wave 2 will follow.
NOTE: When a Wave is playing, this is a chance for everyone who is NOT playing to go eat or sleep or leave the venue. Please be back at your scheduled time or you will be DQed.

Remember, I have 1 day to finish an event that will likely have over 60 teams and 200+ players for singles. Doing pools will take too long. So, assuming I have the numbers I anticipate, the schedule I listed above will be how TGC 5 is conducted. If I get substantially less than 200 people, ill change the plans and notify you the day of the event.

For more info or rules on TGC, please go to: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...-ryo-dabuz-scizor-and-more-houston-tx.419208/ If you have any questions, PLEASE do not wait. Ask as soon as possible. You can text me at 409-692-0697 or message me on FB or twitter ( Xyro77 Xyro77 ).

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
The tournament's one day after Xenoblade Chronicles X releases...

Why is my life so difficult?

Somebody should also post about the weekly location change.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
The 12th Melee tier list came out yesterday. Looks alright, but I don't think Bowser is the second worst character in the game (he's a better overall character than Pichu). Additionally, Samus should be above the Ice Climbers, and DK should be above Mario.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Ya know Sky Pirate Sky Pirate babygirl I realize we haven't played in a while and I lost to you ON SOME BULL**** at ARFI so when I see you I'm challenging you to a $5 MM best of 3. :^)

MikEffect

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikEffect
Man guys, I feel like the Austin Scene has really leveled since the Summer. We are starting to get some Big results.
@Mr_Sasquatch Placed 2nd at the stacked 10Cent Bingo Tourney.
Hakii Hakii was one game from taking the Largest Shockwave in History.

Not Mention we defended our Scene at Ooples #6

I'm proud of our scene guys :)

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Don't come home if you lose.
/motivation

Ya know Sky Pirate Sky Pirate babygirl I realize we haven't played in a while and I lost to you ON SOME BULL**** at ARFI so when I see you I'm challenging you to a $5 MM best of 3. :^)
Might not be for a while, but certainly. ^^
I learned a new A.T. I wanna try for R.O.B. It's called "just jump over the gyro". Seems legit.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Come to SoCal.
Shrooby already told me to :p And technically I could.
Teach me how to stream.
1. Capture Card, preferably 60fps HD
2. OBS or Xsplit (I prefer OBS)
3. Find out and write down your computer specs.
4. Mess around with OBS settings, according to your computer specs, after connecting computer to TV.
5. Make a layout.
6. Get ScoreBoard.
7. Make sure you set your video capture sources as Global Sources.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
How many of you guys are going to TGC this weekend? Would love to meet some of you there, along with a few friendlies.

Top Bottom