• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Hey yall! I just moved to San Antonio from AZ and i wanted to get to know some of the fellow Texas brawl members. I was ranked 7th at the time i left, shoulda been around 1-4, maybe be in the lower part but ummmmm just wanted to say hey and i can't wait to meet all of you!

Mike2

Smash Ace
The **** is this ****.

Hey yall! I just moved to San Antonio from AZ and i wanted to get to know some of the fellow Texas brawl members. I was ranked 7th at the time i left, shoulda been around 1-4, maybe be in the lower part but ummmmm just wanted to say hey and i can't wait to meet all of you!
Hey man welcome to TX! Looking forward to meeting you.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ech, was getting 502'd every time I tried to log in yesterday.

Heyo! Damn nice of you to introduce yourself to us.
I'm Sky Pirate/SkyPirateCoud/CloverLeaf/Hey you, but you can call me whatever you want.
I hope you enjoy the time you spend here. San Antonio has some really nice people, so I think you will.

What tofer said about Austin having nobody to meet is not really accurate. Our scene is made of some fine people (no homo) that are definitely worth meeting (myself excluded, I'm boring as hell).
And we may not be the strongest city yet, but we each have something we're good at (Gova's a really good doubles partner, Mike3 does really well when he actually learns a match-up, PantyRaider could main like... four characters if he wanted to, etc. etc.).
We just have trouble getting consistent practice in because of... certain things. ^^;

BTW. We have three Mikes. The only ones you'll probably meet are Mikes 2 and 3, though.

Except Sky, but the "star struck" feeling wears off after the first few times.
You got "star struck" by someone that's barely even in B-tier? Woooow.

Stay in my hotel room, scrub!!
I might. I'm waiting to see if Nick can or cannot house us.

Everyone vote for me for the next interview from the BBR. It'd be awesome if ya did:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14624389 :applejack:
Was going to, but Bored is on the ballot.
And you didn't offer cash, so loyalty is FAR more important.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You might as well have burned the your vote. :applejack:
Florida rides harder than Texas though. Too stronk. :(

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I did no such thing. The first draft of that post included what I believe to be the strengths and weaknesses of every player I currently consider an "Austin player".
The contents of said post seemed to be a bit... unfitting for someone with my personality to post, so I had to crop out quite a bit.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Then congratulations! You are reading my posts correctly.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I just booked a WHOBO hotel room for Friday through Sunday night (checkout Monday morning). There's a king bed and a sofa bed. It's $95 a night. Anyone wanna crash in my room and split the cost?

:phone:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I thought Shaun told you guys already but y'all are welcome to stay at my place if you want to. It's about 30 minutes from the venue though.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I stayed up playing Soku with Sold until 6-7 A.M. :<

Asa

Smash Hero
hey everyone my name is asa and I am in need of housing july 17th till whobo (i'm going to sktar and i don't really wanna go back to hawaii). I wouldn't need to stay in one place forever, but a day or two would be much appreciated! I'm not unpleasant to be around and I can cook for you!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497

You're actually going to WHOBO!? I thought you were going to troll us with a last-minute cancellation again!

Last time we had an event in Austin, only PantyRaider and RedShadow could house. RedShadow might have actually quit this time. PantyRaider's in Houston right now AFAIK.
EDIT: NVM, ninja

He isn't lying about the cooking thing. He entered in a bakeoff a while back and posted a picture of this strawberry croissant thing he made for it. It looked outrageous.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Because my sketchy connection + the way smashboards works = many unintentional double posts.

EDIT: Forgot to mention
Not having a phone was an obvious nuisance back when we were trying to organize stuff last semester, so I have one of these newfangled "iPhone" things now.
I'll add my number to the OP soon.

EDIT 2: Added. It's (512) 629-2913.
Feel free to call/text/whatever whenever, it's unlimited and seems to work out here in the wilderness.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Shaun, I need your last name to enter your phone number into my contact list.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Well, you could put "Dufrance", as Joey preferred. --;
I would use "Dunoir".

:phone:

:gova::gova::gova::gova::gova::gova::gova::gova: