• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Jawohl... Lots of energy, nothing to do. :<

Poor Nick was the one who gave me the idea when we were talking on AIM, so he was subjected to link spam because I didn't want to open notepad. ^^;

EDIT: Oh ****, I just realized that I won't get to practice teaming with Joel before the tournament since there isn't a fest this Friday.
Joel, I'll be contacting you soon in PM about something.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I will have something this weekend. I want to get some practice in. Not so much highlander though. Brawl is serious business.

@Mike lmao
:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Kay, so...

- Fest at Joel's sometime his weekend
- Sonic Generations and Harvest Moon both coming out this week
- Chemistry test sometime after Thursday/before Tuesday

Gonna be one hell of a weekend.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So effin pissed. My neighbors were partying until 7 AM. I called for multiple complaints and they didn't even come at all. Missed my class, cause I was awake the whole night.

I swear, if I had an opportunity, I would scare the **** out of them by making it appear someone is out to get them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No it's not. Which is worse? Beating the **** out of them or spraying graffiti on their door to give them a scare? When you're ****ing blasting music from 1 am to 7 am, and yelling, I'd rather scare the **** out of them through graffiti then beating the **** out of them.

It's not like this is the first time it's happened. These guys have a bad habit of partying it up on weekdays, which annoys the heck out of me. Especially cause I have tp wake up everyday at 8 am.

What's even worse is if you call in the cops to file a noise complaint, they will just tell them to keep it quiet. Repeat offenses don't result in tickets or any other kinda punishment.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Let's see here...

From the APD section of the Austin city website:
[collapse=Wall of Text]b. What is the noise ordinance?
The Noise Ordinance is found in Chapter 9-2 of the City of Austin Codes and Ordinances.
It briefly states that a person may not make an unreasonable noise between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 7 a.m. or create a sound or vibration more than 30 feet from a vehicle. The ordinance is here ( http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Texas/austin/thecodeofthecityofaustintexas?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:austin_tx$anc=).

c. Why didn’t officers do anything?
Officers are required by their Standard Operating Procedures to issue a warning first. If the violation is no longer occurring, the Officer will attempt to identify the suspect and provide that information to the complainant for the filing of charges. In some situations, without a complainant (someone other than the officer willing to make a formal court charge), the Officer cannot take enforcement action.

d. Loud people/parties
If you need immediate assistance, call 3-1-1. If the matter can wait, call your District Representative (map).[/collapse]

Also, this.

Kind of sounds like there aren't going to be penalties unless you're willing to push for them. What a pain in the ***.
I can't look up more right now because I have to go to my next class soon.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I've read up the noise ordnance policy. I'm still upset about this, and given I have to deal with these guys for the rest of the school year, I'm gonna start pushing for more complaints and fines to make their lives a living hell. You figure cops would be happy to give citations or tickets out. More money for the city.

Also makes me wonder how stupid people like these even got into UT.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I say you bust down the door and bring the businass.
Sounds like fun.
AIGHT, GUYS. SMASHFEST AT MUSTAFA'S NEIGHBORS' PLACE TONIGHT.
TONS OF SMASHING, ABSOLUTELY NO BRAWL

And Nick always looks angry. He has honed his glare to intimidate enemies on the battlefield.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I know, I'm just telling him in case he doesn't know.

JOEL-
What are we doing and on what day of the week are we doing it?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Shaun, if you guys have a fest Th/F, mind picking up your TV from my place?

:phone:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ricky is officially the worst Sonic the Hedgehog player I have ever seen.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Have a good weekend, Mustafa.

Friday, Joel.

Chris, it would be most convenient for me to stop by tomorrow at some point between 3 and 4 P.M. (only time I'm going to be in Union Cave :131: ). That's just the time I'm going to be in the area. I'd be willing to make the trip up at some other time if you won't be home by then.

About driving to San Marcos:
EDIT: Forget this part, I just realized something.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I usually have cereal for breakfast and I really don't like ****ing it.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I TOLD you that was an accident.
Jett Livingstone 8:58 pm
Like if you're rolling down a hill after jumping out of a car with your penis out​
And you happen to roll into a pie​
And it rolls with you down the hill​
Jett Livingstone 9:02 pm
You'd be surprised what happens when you get involved with the Taiwanese mafia.​
Shaun, that time works as long as it's closer to 3. I have class at 3:30.
Oh, okay. My class gets out at 2:50, but I am Racer X and I'll be in the area already so I'll probably get there in time.

Top Bottom