• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
That's cool. We'll have to come up with a meeting place for me to pick passengers up. I have enough room in my car for 3 more. Anyone else need a ride?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm gonna assume no Chadfest tomorrow?

Anyways, we should all think up of a meeting spot for Saturday. Something convenient for everyone that's going. Joel is all the way at the Triangle, I'm on 25th and Leon, Polt is in Jester. Not sure if we have a 4th member.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I'm gonna assume no Chadfest tomorrow?

Anyways, we should all think up of a meeting spot for Saturday. Something convenient for everyone that's going. Joel is all the way at the Triangle, I'm on 25th and Leon, Polt is in Jester. Not sure if we have a 4th member.
So I'm assuming Polt needs a ride then too? I live on W 32nd.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I expect to hear stories of copious Disney love songs as Mustafa rides ***** seat.

Also, I should name my fests. Chrisfest? Zigfest?

Mike2

Smash Ace
haptics got it then? alrighty.

Zig...... sure I wouldn't mind having my info on the front page.
And I like Zigfest.

Any fests before Sat.?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Shaun, I have Fantastic Voyage stuck in my head!!!

Also, I've added Mike's number to the front page.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I hate to ruin plans that were so recently made, but I've decided not to go to Smash con Queso. I'm tired of paying money for a game that I have no natural skill at, and where half of the player-base plays one over-powered character that has no bad match-ups. I originally considered quitting, but I have decided that I will continue to play, but only go to (free) Smashfests. However, this does mean that I will be skipping SCQ. Sorry all. :(

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Come on, I play Yoshi. YOSHI. Do I give up on trying to win? Of course not. I enter every tournament expecting to win. Although that doesn't happen most of the time, I never lose that focus, and you shouldn't either.

I guess that means that Mike2 is our only ride now. =/

:069:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I hate to ruin plans that were so recently made, but I've decided not to go to Smash con Queso. I'm tired of paying money for a game that I have no natural skill at, and where half of the player-base plays one over-powered character that has no bad match-ups. I originally considered quitting, but I have decided that I will continue to play, but only go to (free) Smashfests. However, this does mean that I will be skipping SCQ. Sorry all. :(
Don't worry about it. I understand where you're coming from. Personally, I have fun playing FPS games, but couldn't play it competitively to save my life. I can have the drive, desire, etc, but in the end, it's just not meant for me.

Hell, I've even taken long breaks from Brawl cause I get bored of the game. Of course, now I just play it for fun (still competitive), so the stress is much less.

Why are we calling Mike2...Mike2? Not like the other Mike shows up.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Don't worry about it. I understand where you're coming from. Personally, I have fun playing FPS games, but couldn't play it competitively to save my life. I can have the drive, desire, etc, but in the end, it's just not meant for me.

Hell, I've even taken long breaks from Brawl cause I get bored of the game. Of course, now I just play it for fun (still competitive), so the stress is much less.

Why are we calling Mike2...Mike2? Not like the other Mike shows up.
I'm doing it as a preventative measure, in case the other Mike does show up. =P

Anyways, you are going to give it your all during doubles, right?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I get where Haptic's coming from.
If you aren't having fun at tournaments and you aren't very good, there's no point in just throwing money away. Perhaps he'll reconsider after a few months if he gets better.
Personally, I love going to tournaments because it's always fun regardless of my placing. ^_^

...excluding A.L.S. D:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Guys I decided not to go =/

lmao just kidding I can take you guys. But still come up with that meeting place that's convenient for y'all. I'll pick you up there.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's because Mike 2 will ALWAYS be Mike TWOOOOOOOO.

Haptic, I get where you're coming from. If you really wanna improve, though, you should go to as many tournaments as you can to get valuable MU experience. Gotta get ***** to be ****!

But if you're having a rough time, feel free to take a break. It's just a game, after all. :)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm doing it as a preventative measure, in case the other Mike does show up. =P

Anyways, you are going to give it your all during doubles, right?

Yea yea, don't worry about it. You're not gonna see me jumping off stage like an idiot anytime during tourny.

In any case Haptic, you should also try Wifi to get that MU exp and practice down.

Mike2

Smash Ace
If you really wanna improve, though, you should go to as many tournaments as you can to get valuable MU experience. Gotta get ***** to be ****!
haha yup I won't be surprised at all if I get dead last. Approaching this as a learning experience. but i'll be trying my best.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's really on the TO and how many show up. I know back in Dallas, Phase can get done from 12-9, doubles and singles if there are like 50 participants and 8-10 tv's.

Edit: I would love to get some TO experience under me if possible. San Antonio, you listening? Don't make me force a name search.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Do you mean holding tournaments in Austin or just helping out at SA tournaments?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Thanks, Mike2. =D

Mustafa, you're going to hate me in the car ride. I just finished re-editing my Detective Conan CDs (and the 3rd one includes the latest opening!), and about 90% of the songs are Japanese love songs. ^_^

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Thanks, Mike2. =D

Mustafa, you're going to hate me in the car ride. I just finished re-editing my Detective Conan CDs (and the 3rd one includes the latest opening!), and about 90% of the songs are Japanese love songs. ^_^

Japanese love songs can go kiss my ***. I actually didn't mind the first few intros of Detective Conan. Rather enjoyed them. Still though, I'll have my ipod and some manly music.

In the end though, it comes down to the driver's preference. He is the driver and it is his car afterall.

And Shaun, I just meant helping out in general with other tournies.

Mike2, so what's your preference on leaving? Saturday morn?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Japanese love songs can go kiss my ***. I actually didn't mind the first few intros of Detective Conan. Rather enjoyed them. Still though, I'll have my ipod and some manly music.

In the end though, it comes down to the driver's preference. He is the driver and it is his car afterall.

And Shaun, I just meant helping out in general with other tournies.
HE'S GOING TO PLAY THESE SONGS WHETHER HE LIKES THEM OR NOT! :mad:

...Please? ^_^;

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
?

...Eh, I've seen funnier. Did I ever tell you about two streets in FL called Purdy Ln and Dykes Rd? XD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I remember when I got interviewed on the Sonic boards.
It took forever to answer everything. I did paragraphs for each question. :p

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I remember when I got interviewed on the Sonic boards.
It took forever to answer everything. I did paragraphs for each question. :p
I think I did like 10 for 1 question....

Another batch of last minute questions came in, so I answered those for another 20 minutes.

Crud, now I better go to bed because I rescheduled my lab this week for 8 AM tomorrow so I can make this DWA meeting. XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yay, video game reviewers sucking hard **** and giving Reach uber scores.

Though I can't argue given I haven't played it, but Halo 3 was definitely not deserving of a great score.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Got Reach at midnight and just played for 2 hours. **** good so far. Sleep time now though, class at 8 AM.

By the way, you guys seem to think I'm quitting, when I'm not. I'm just taking a break from tournaments... I'll still be showing up at fests!

Top Bottom