• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Aura is within!

Milln

Smash Champion
I've been on a roll lately, linking attacks like a fiend. If only I they were recorded. =\ Oh well.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
I've got a FEW good replays. It's mostly cool/amazing moments where something awesome happens and we say, "omg, gotta save that one". I just ordered an SD card off eBay, we'll see how long it takes to get here.

Is it true that the replay is just button presses, and not actual footage? If so, then how do I record an actual video of a match, short of standing there with a camcorder(eww)?

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
You'll need some way to get footage from the screen: so a GameBridge (google it), a camera, a digital camcorder with AV in hooked to the TV via Y-cables, a DVD recorder (I guess -- I see no reason not) would all work fine.

Milln

Smash Champion
Sorryyyyy D= I was over at a friend's house playing and I was just messing around. Didn't think i'd be that cool so I didn't even feel like bringing over recording equipment. D=

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Get a digital camcorder then. I just carry that around to places since I just plug it in and I'm done!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Milin, is there a VCR/DVD player near where you play?
If so, get a blank VCR ($4.99)
you can record the matches with no worries!!
Now how to get the vid from VCR to computer is a different. I just record the screen. Or have GG7 do it.
But you need to find your own path. But VCR recording, just to have them.
-t2

Milln

Smash Champion
There's no dvr or vcr recorder near where I play; at my house or the other guy's house. Really all I have is my webcam. I was looking for a capture card at one point, but I got distracted and forgot about it. >,>

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Forget about capture cards, do you really want to lug around a PC to anywhere you'll be playing brawl? Gamebringe or external tuner is more practical

Milln

Smash Champion
I'm thinking a digital camera with A/V In ports with an SD slot would work the best for me. I'll look into it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Or learn how to extract memory into data.
Then all you'd need is a photogenic memory!
Think about the possibilities!!
Or just get a better web cam, sense you already have that going for you.
-t2

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
OK as of today i have graduated from high school with 1st class honors.... basically means i will be here on SWF alot more and able to pay more attention to this thread and the making of our combo video. get yur replays/vids!!

LAWL @ yur sig infi-tan pwnt by Lucario! :p
yeah Lucario is one of teh more dangerous OU tier pokemon in the game..

Milln

Smash Champion
Speaking of replays...

I have a replay of that Olimar match. If you'd like, I can send it to you and you can convert it to a better quality than what my webcam will give out. Especially the 0-to-death combo at the end.

Timbers

check me out
Speaking of replays...

I have a replay of that Olimar match. If you'd like, I can send it to you and you can convert it to a better quality than what my webcam will give out. Especially the 0-to-death combo at the end.
Yeah I recall that match having some sex in it. Should help :>

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Sure infi-tan, send it to whoever you feel it is necessary. does anyone have a rough clue of when you may have some availible videos for me and Daichi to start looking at? just doing a progress check

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I've tried about 20 programs. Most can't even open my .mpeg. The one's that can, can't convert them to something useable. I don't know what else to try.

Milln

Smash Champion
I'll need someone's Wii Code and Friend Code so that they can acquire this nommy replay.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I can record, and send things.
PM me Milin, and Ill do ditto and get this video in the air.
-t2

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Hooray! I just got my Gamebridge today in the mail. I've set it up and everything, but when I press Record, a green message appears saying "HD space limit, Stop it." However, I have 6GB free on that drive it's stored on, and I don't think the video file would be larger than that, would it? Just how much space do recorded videos take up? The Help file was notoriously unhelpful.

Edit: I freed up some more space and it works fine. I just recorded one of my replays, but the video doesn't appear in the program video browser. Where are the video file saved by default? It doesn't seem to be the program folder.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
For those you have a mac, and money. ( I have one of the two...the mac)
Or hell, this works on a PC too.
You can do this.
1. Buy a MiniDV recorder ($$$)
2. plug in the wii to the MiniDV recorder, and the recorder into a TV.
3. Now you can record and see what your doing, flawlessly.
4. With a Firewire or 1### cord for you PC users, import the tape into your PC or Mac.
5. edit and send.

This will work with any system. The perfect way to make long lasting movies and machinima.
-t2

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the link Infi, but it still doesn't tell me where the files are saved. I'll try to poke around some more...Hmm...

On another note, I found that most of my saved Replay matches on my Wii are of my Ganondorf or my Snake. Grrrrr. I've only got 2 Lucario matches, and they already make me wince in humiliation when I watch them now. It's only been a few months, but my old Lucario sat still like a statue, whacking anything that got close, like I was still playing Mewtwo. My current Lucario loves the SHFairNair and the Dair stagespikes. Unfortunately, I keep on forgetting to record especially good matches. Oh, well. I'll keep working on getting material.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Wow, expensive much?
But then again, amazon loves to rip people off.
I once saw this totally orgasmic rare Monster hunter edition Bronze PSP for like $799!!
it was worth $236 if you did the currency change right from Yen to Dollars.
Expensive, Yes. Worth it...kinda...
-t2

Nodrak

Smash Ace
The gamebridge price is $40, anything more is a ripoff. $55 isn't too bad consitering it's an auction, but $200 from amazon is a scam, don't get it from there.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
only got 2? thats fine, but more is desirable, i will be choosing from a large selection. to give an incentive, personally i have almost 20 replays of my Lucario doing combos or edgeguarding in a lulz way, or wow you came back from that sort of thing.

Xaile

Smash Cadet
Back when I lived with my brother, we used to use Ye Olde VCR for recording purposes. More specifically, we ran the GCN AV cables to Ye Olde VCR and ran a Coaxial cable from Ye Olde VCR, split the signal, and had one go to the TV and the other go to my brother's computer where it was recorded (his computer conveniently had a video card that could use a Coaxial Cable).

Ye Olde VCR cost like....a couple dollars at a garage sale. I'm not quite sure where I acquired 3 coaxial cables and a signal splitter, but that's not important. The video card my brother has was a hand-me-down from our sister, so net cost for my brother and myself was a couple dollars.

I don't live with my brother anymore, and my computer doesn't have such a fancy video card, so I can't really record anything anymore. :(

(Besides that, all my replays suck.)

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
again, replays are all i need, just be sure to tell me what to reference as and that this is your replay. fortunatly data i receive in the vault replays say the name of who sent it to me, so that will not be a problem. just make sure to send your data to me AND Daichi. this is so i can determine what gets in, since Daichi does not main Lucario, but he is my editor, so that way he knows who sent what and i will tell him to delete this and that, and keep those. get what im saying?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
you get milins?
He sent it to me, but for some reason I didn't get it.
I'll check again, but I didn't get it.
-t2

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
go into the vault it shud be at the far right of the list
but no i havent got em just yet, need to register his FC 1st, which ima do right now.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
go into the vault it shud be at the far right of the list
but no i havent got em just yet, need to register his FC 1st, which ima do right now.
Yea, we both FC'ed. And still nothing.
Milin, if you are reading this, send me the clips again.
-t2

Milln

Smash Champion
You guys need to get on WiFi so that our games can realize we've added each other. Nao.

Top Bottom