• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The audience! The wonderful audience!!

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Let the crowd roar! Seriously guys, the new audience participation in brawls is amazing! They applaude after every kill and they cheer after nice recoveries, close calls, and combos! If you pay attention to all the voices and sounds in the background, you'll notice quite a bit of audience participation. What else have you guys heard?

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
"We like Ike! We like Ike! We like Ike!"

"Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!"

"Fox rocks! Fox rocks! Fox rocks!"

Brawl audience>Melee audience, in my opinion...

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
We Like IKE!
We Like IKE!

And repeat.

I find that one the most glaring, but I have not payed enough attention to it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I love how We Like Ike is a obvious reference to Eisenhower's campaign slogan.

I know they yell "Wolf!" and a wolf howls in the background. Umm...I know some of the chants go "cha cha cha". Guys say "Pop" and girls say "Nana" for the Ice Climbers.

RedTone

Smash Cadet
the crowd gasps when someone makes it back on stage..like Ike's Side-B

WHOOOA :O

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I absolutley love how they make that roaring sound whenever anyone gets hit 2 feet away from the stage and it's the exact same sound every time and it really doesn't get annoying at all. Yup, definitley an awesome improvement to the game.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I think the best thing that everyone can agree on is that in Brawl, the crowd sounds excited and REALLY gets into the cheering. In Melee, it was zombies on valium at two in the morning.

Bored Zombes < Excited Crowd, any day.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
When I heard Ike's cheers i thought, "Fangirls Unite!" LOLz a friend of mine saw Ike and said "He's hot! Why don't you play as him too much?" I said, he is too slow for my liking but he was the first one i tried when i got the game. :laugh:

Wow now that i read that it doesn't sound right...

I've also heard- Olimar's, Sonic's, Wolf's and i think Pit but i can't remember how it was... I think it was PIT! *applause* , Pokemon Trainer and they just say POKEMON!!, and Zamus, I was surprised it was a bunch of girls though...

I laugh at how happy the sadistic crowd gets when you kill... It makes me happy.:bee:

but shame, i agree Roy's was melee's best.

Kotep

Smash Cadet
Yes, the audience is awesome in Brawl. Someone really does need to make a list of all the things the audience does.

The first time I hear 'We like Ike', I lol'd.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
DEdede! DEdede! dedededededede! DEdede! DEdede! dedededededede! DEdede! DEdede! dedededededede!

Enzario

Smash Rookie
I love Ganondorf's. It sounds like my school at soccer games right before a PK or a corner.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
If you go to sound test you can listen to all of the chants.

I've probably spent half an hour listening to all the chants.

"Popo! Nana! Popo! Nana!" <-- I love that one.

Edit: Hey, 300th post.

Best101

Smash Ace
Still not better than Smash 64. In the first smash they'll cheer loud and clearly for your character and it sounds like they are actually in a stadium. Everytime they cheer they make you want to go crazy and kill everyone and then feel good about it. They also cheered for the computer players unlike Melee and Brawl (maybe they do cheer for coms in Brawl, but I've never seen it happen before)

Top Bottom