• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Art Of Kirbyciding~

XxOblivion77

Smash Cadet
Kirbyciding

Kirbyciding is an advanced technique for Kirby. It's a big part of his game and should be used a lot. First of
all, you may want to watch my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUI5N-kljo

If you're done, let me explain each Kirbycide.

Standard Kirbycide:
The standard Kirbycide is simply inhaling the foe and jumping off the stage, not doing anything.
You and your opponent will die. It can be done from any direction, facing the stage or facing away from it.
This is something you might want to use when you have a high percentage and your opponent has a low percentage (say, after you kill your opponent).

Undercide:
This Kirbycide allows you to kill your opponent and survive from as low as zero percent!
What you do, is hang from the ledge, push away from the ledge, jump, inhale. Once they are inside of you, push towards the center of the stage and exhale them under it. This will cause them to not be able to recover.
Be sure to not waste your jumps getting them inside you, as you won't have enough jumps to recover!
This does not work with characters with good jumping ability (Kirby, Meta Knight, Pit, Dedede, etc.)

Awaycide:
The Kirbycide also allows you to kill your opponent from zero percent and live! It's actually easier to do then the Undercide! However, more characters can survive this. To do this, be close to the ledge, inhale them and walk off the ledge, pushing away from the stage as you fall. Then exhale them away from the stage and fly back. Doesn't work with characters with good jumping ability.

Now, for combos with Kirbycides.

You can try hitting them off the stage, jumping up, then inhale them and proceed with any Kirbycide that's available to you. Lets say you do one big jump, jump again, inhale and spit them so far off the stage that they die from being shot to horizontally. This makes characters like Pit or Meta Knight possible to kill with a Kirbycide!

Also, with Kirbyciding, you can always shoot them out, fly up and use a dair to meteor them. Mix it up, try new things. Everyone has their own style of play.

(Undercide and Awaycide aren't actually official terms and won't necessarily be used among everyone.)

Original Thread: http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13596&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Just trying to spread some knowledge among the Kirby community. Hope I helped!

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
For the main Kirbycide, I usually never die from it because the opponent escapes and then they can't recover.

XxOblivion77

Smash Cadet
For the main Kirbycide, I usually never die from it because the opponent escapes and then they can't recover.
Yes, but that's luck and won't necessarily happen. However, that's great! I think it's great for Olimar, as they'll do their second jump escaping and then Up-B to nowhere.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Blahhhhhhh. You only got them up to 30% in your videoz. T_T Anyone smart enough would rip their joystick off trying to escape.

Snail

Smash Lord
Blahhhhhhh. You only got them up to 30% in your videoz. T_T Anyone smart enough would rip their joystick off trying to escape.
That's exactly what they shouldn't do; Escaping from Kirby's inhale in the air makes them fall down for a slight moment before they're even able to do anything again, which results in death most of the time. As long as they stay in Kirby's mouth, Kirby will die with them unless they get exhaled under the stage xD

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Yes, but that's luck and won't necessarily happen. However, that's great! I think it's great for Olimar, as they'll do their second jump escaping and then Up-B to nowhere.
Not usually luck. I just wait a few seconds before jumping off the stage, or inhale them when they're at the top, and then I DI either way out from the stage, or if I'm on the edge I go in under it.

Doval

Smash Lord
The Undercide is not a reliable kill move. I saw this same technique posted in the Dedede forums today and tried it, all but 4 characters will be able to recover at Final Destination, and out of those that can recover, all but 5 can actually make it all the way across FD from below and grab the opposite edge. Quoting my post in this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157653&page=3
Doval said:
Ok, tested every character in FD.

Characters that can't recover:
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers

Characters that can recover, but can't pass under FD:
Mario
Squirtle
Ivysaur

Characters who can both recover normally and pass under FD:
Everyone else. Some characters make it under FD with distance to spare and may be able to pass under an extra long stage like Smashville.

Note: Every character can both recover and pass under Battlefield, since it's narrower and much flatter on the bottom. Every character can also recover under Pokemon Stadium 2 since it's also flat and the pillar on the bottom prevents you from shooting them too far under the stage.
You might kill someone the first time if they don't expect it, but after they catch on, it'll fail. Also...
XxOblivion77 said:
You can try hitting them off the stage, jumping up, then inhale them and proceed with any Kirbycide that's available to you. Lets say you do one big jump, jump again, inhale and spit them so far off the stage that they die from being shot to horizontally. This makes characters like Pit or Meta Knight possible to kill with a Kirbycide!
That's practically impossible to do because even if you manage to catch someone off the edge with an Inhale, the Star Shot can be cancelled a bit before reaching the halfway point of the max distance the star can travel, so you'd have to be stupidly close to the death boundary to ensure the kill. Odds are they won't be that close to the edge zone in the first place, and even if they were, they won't be by the time you get there. Plus, if you got that far out, you won't be able to come back after spitting them out.

EDIT: Actually, the list of characters I posted above changes slightly with Kirby, because Kirby has better horizontal movement than Dedede and thus can hug FD's wall much closer. The main difference is that because he can spit out characters even further into FD's underside, those that couldn't make it to the other side now can =P

Doulhalt the Brave

Smash Cadet
Kirbyciding

Kirbyciding is an advanced technique for Kirby. It's a big part of his game and should be used a lot.
Honestly, that is a complete and total lie. Kirbyciding is NOT a skillful technique, it is mostly a really cheap and stupid way to kill your opponent when they are trying to recover or edgehog you. You have the Down + A arial if you wanna spike someone and the very nice Side + A arial that you can combo someone into a wall. True, it MIGHT be useful in some situations, but I honestly wouldn't use it against other players I respect. I wouldn't use it for tournaments either, maybe just a giggles match where winning doesnt matter and nobody will be ticked off. Kirby has plenty of other options as far as edgeguarding, recovering, and killing techniques so I wouldn't call it a big part of his game at all. That's sort of like calling Bowser's suicide grapple as a big part of his game, it isn't, it's just THERE in times of despiration and most skilled players have the common sense to realize it isn't a good move to use but maybe once per match.

In conclusion, if you're going to use the Kirbycide, you might as well just knock the controller out of your opponent's hand while they are trying to recover because you'll get the same result with the same amount of skill. It's funny and all, I think it's funny, but I don't consider it a respectful move and I wouldn't be impressed by anyone who used it in excess. Just my two cents.

Doval

Smash Lord
Douhalt, you're silly.

Any opponent that gets caught in a Kirbycide deserves it. Kirbycides are pretty god****ed hard to pull off because Inhale is so hard to land and easy to avoid. And a Kirbycide that kills Kirby too is only advantageous if Kirby has a stock advantage, or if they both have the same stocks but Kirby has significantly more % anyways.

storm92

Smash Ace
Honestly, that is a complete and total lie. Kirbyciding is NOT a skillful technique, it is mostly a really cheap and stupid way to kill your opponent when they are trying to recover or edgehog you. You have the Down + A arial if you wanna spike someone and the very nice Side + A arial that you can combo someone into a wall. True, it MIGHT be useful in some situations, but I honestly wouldn't use it against other players I respect. I wouldn't use it for tournaments either, maybe just a giggles match where winning doesnt matter and nobody will be ticked off. Kirby has plenty of other options as far as edgeguarding, recovering, and killing techniques so I wouldn't call it a big part of his game at all. That's sort of like calling Bowser's suicide grapple as a big part of his game, it isn't, it's just THERE in times of despiration and most skilled players have the common sense to realize it isn't a good move to use but maybe once per match.

In conclusion, if you're going to use the Kirbycide, you might as well just knock the controller out of your opponent's hand while they are trying to recover because you'll get the same result with the same amount of skill. It's funny and all, I think it's funny, but I don't consider it a respectful move and I wouldn't be impressed by anyone who used it in excess. Just my two cents.
As Doval mentioned, that isn't exactly the best summary/view for Kirbycide, but I do respect you can have your own opinion. The thing is, you're saying for the most part its not "honest" or "fair", but this game isn't about being fair. Its about winning, and you do what you have to do. If that means that you have 2 stock left and the opponent has 1 and you perform a Kirbycide to win the match, then so be it; you took away a possibility for an opponent to have a comeback.
Competitive play is all about doing what it takes to win. Chain grabbing is considered cheap by many, or even to an extent camping, but people still use it for the same reason: to win.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
or you could just d-air, which is alot safer and easier to use. Honestly, use that at tourneys and more than likely your opponent will know the range of it. Im embarrased to say i tried it one time. And was my downfall. :(

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Douhalts right its unskillful and not hard to pull off. You mine as well knock the controller out of your opponents hand or unplug it. Anyone could pull of a kirbycide. Its not hard at all to land i don't even use kirby and i could land it easily against tournament players. Its fine if your with your friends screwing around but in competitive play this is no where near legit or an advance move its a cheap way of calling yourself good.

Doval

Smash Lord
If your opponent falls into Kirbycides constantly, he sucks, no two ways about it. Let's go over the 3 Kirbycides, shall we?

Standard Kirbycide: Only an advantage if Kirby is ahead at least one stock, or if both players have the same stock but Kirby has drastically more damage. Kirbyciding when Kirby is behind in stocks just makes the situation worse for Kirby. In addition, this is only feasable at high %'s and/or against characters with an exceedingly poor vertical recovery, because otherwise they'll get out of Kirby's mouth very quickly, far too quickly to be too far from the edge to recover. On top of that, it requires you to successfully Inhale your opponent at the edge. No one with more than 2 brain cells will fall for that.

Undercide: Only kills 3 characters in FD. Fails in every other stage. I've been over this.

Awaycide: Again, requires landing an Inhale at the edge. It's so easy to recover from this, it's not funny - the star shot is going to give most foes a big upwards push, which they can use in conjunction with their mid-air jump(s) and special move(s) to come back.

Stop playing with scrubs and stop whining.

Doulhalt the Brave

Smash Cadet
Douhalt, you're silly.

Any opponent that gets caught in a Kirbycide deserves it. Kirbycides are pretty god****ed hard to pull off because Inhale is so hard to land and easy to avoid. And a Kirbycide that kills Kirby too is only advantageous if Kirby has a stock advantage, or if they both have the same stocks but Kirby has significantly more % anyways.
If you just jump off the edge and hold that B suck while someone is trying to recover, I can guarentee against most characters that will be enough to trap them in. It requires MINOR timing but you can kill someone the same way almost every time when they're off the edge. Plus, as mentioned before, there are ways to kill opponents with poor recoveries just by spitting them out under the middle of the stage. It doesn't work against everyone, but you can still do it to a few characters and live with minimal skill required.

As Doval mentioned, that isn't exactly the best summary/view for Kirbycide, but I do respect you can have your own opinion. The thing is, you're saying for the most part its not "honest" or "fair", but this game isn't about being fair. Its about winning, and you do what you have to do. If that means that you have 2 stock left and the opponent has 1 and you perform a Kirbycide to win the match, then so be it; you took away a possibility for an opponent to have a comeback.
Competitive play is all about doing what it takes to win. Chain grabbing is considered cheap by many, or even to an extent camping, but people still use it for the same reason: to win.
I respect that you all have your own opinion as well, but I am just trying to point out that if you need Kirbyciding to win it isn't a respectable technique and it won't earn you respect by serious players in serious matches. True, a good arguement against this would be, "It's about doing what it takes to win", but if you have to use a cheap or unskilled tactic to win you really didn't deserve it. DeDeDe grabbing is cheap, and those who use it to win do not deserve to win because your opponent probably doesn't have a move to rack up nearly infitnite amounts of % on you. And even if they did, how hard was that to do? I'd like to play with some variety myself and not use the same move to kill someone EVERY TIME. Unfortunately, Nintendo did a fine job of evening out the playfield between the "Skilled, tourny players" and the "people who just played for fun". Brawl isn't nearly as skilled or tourny based as Melee was and I accept that, but that isn't a very good excuse to just use the cheapest move possible to win. Ex. Wolf spammers of the lazor, Down + A, and Side + A (Wolf_FTW, I tip my hat to you, sir, for being above that :) )

Really, I can't change how you all want to play Kirby but I'm just letting it be there that Kirbyciding is not a good technique or habbit to get in to, it's an "I.W.I.N." button and it won't earn you respect against players who play at a more serious level or at tournaments. If you had to use it to win, you probably knew you were going to lose anyway, the other opponent might have deserved to win more.. I don't use it at all but I see why people would use it in friendly matches when players are just fooling around.

Doulhalt the Brave

Smash Cadet
If your opponent falls into Kirbycides constantly, he sucks, no two ways about it. Let's go over the 3 Kirbycides, shall we?

Standard Kirbycide: Only an advantage if Kirby is ahead at least one stock, or if both players have the same stock but Kirby has drastically more damage. Kirbyciding when Kirby is behind in stocks just makes the situation worse for Kirby. In addition, this is only feasable at high %'s and/or against characters with an exceedingly poor vertical recovery, because otherwise they'll get out of Kirby's mouth very quickly, far too quickly to be too far from the edge to recover. On top of that, it requires you to successfully Inhale your opponent at the edge. No one with more than 2 brain cells will fall for that.

Undercide: Only kills 3 characters in FD. Fails in every other stage. I've been over this.

Awaycide: Again, requires landing an Inhale at the edge. It's so easy to recover from this, it's not funny - the star shot is going to give most foes a big upwards push, which they can use in conjunction with their mid-air jump(s) and special move(s) to come back.

Stop playing with scrubs and stop whining.
If your opponent falls into kirbycides constantly, YOU suck, for being a D-bag and using the Kirbycide constantly instead of actually playing the match like normal people do. If it is "so easy" to avoid the Kirbycide I'm sure you wouldn't use it nor would this thread be here. I know you're trying to bring a sense of skill or strategy on a mediocre technique but at the end of the day there are better, more respectful ways to win rather than using 1 move to drag your opponent to the edge of oblivion and having you escape or the both of you dying, probably in the Kirby player's favor. It isn't really different from the suicide grapples of Melee, which they removed from kirby, thank god =P.

Doval

Smash Lord
No, seriously, stop playing with scrubs.

This thread is here to give us an idea of what to do in the rare situation that the opponent did something so stupid, he got Inhaled at the edge of the stage or even worse, in mid-air. It's not here because it's some god****ed IWIN button. Even scrubs are hard to inhale because they roll so much. For someone to fall into it constantly, the person must be all sorts of incompetent or completely new to the game.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
o.k. kirbyciding is not a cheep tactic, if your opponent falls for it they desire to die. though sometimes when i used it they where able to escape it. also i would like to state that my Kirby game DOES NOT RELAY ON CIDING. lastly to the people who are complaining that it's cheep unfair and not honorable. GET OVER IT THERE IS NO HONER IN THESES GAMES IF YOU SEE AN OPENING TO TAKE A FREE STOCK U TAKE, U SHOULD DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO WIN( except knocking out your opponents controller)

storm92

Smash Ace
o.k. kirbyciding is not a cheep tactic, if your opponent falls for it they desire to die. though sometimes when i used it they where able to escape it. also i would like to state that my Kirby game DOES NOT RELAY ON CIDING. lastly to the people who are complaining that it's cheep unfair and not honorable. GET OVER IT THERE IS NO HONER IN THESES GAMES IF YOU SEE AN OPENING TO TAKE A FREE STOCK U TAKE, U SHOULD DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO WIN( except knocking out your opponents controller)
That's the thing, all serious/competitive players don't rely on Kirbyciding (as I don't use it either, except doing some casual tournaments with my friends), its just another option there to use if the opportunity arises. If the opponent jumps out at you while you're in mid-air and is slow on getting out an attack, then this situation is perfect for punishing the opponents mistake.
Don't get me wrong, its not a strategy that should be used much, but if the opponent puts them in a position to get punished, then you do so the best way you can. As you outlined, for others it can be DDD's Chain Throw, but when mistakes are made, people must take advantage of it in order to win. Its as simple as that, even if it isn't "honorable".
And as Doval mentioned, its actually not that easy to pull off, the opponent really has to put himself in a bad position.

Doval

Smash Lord
I made a minor mistake in the list I posted earlier. Bowser, DK, and Ice Climbers can recover from under FD if they cancel the Star Shot's length with an air dodge. In other words, every character can recover and the Undercide doesn't really kill. The list should read:

Characters that can only recover at FD if they cancel the Star Shot with an Air Dodge:
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers
Ike

Characters that can recover without canceling the Star Shot but can't pass under FD:
Mario
Squirtle
Ivysaur

Characters that can recover without canceling the Star Shot and CAN pass under FD:
Everyone else.

Every character can pass under Battlefield, Lylat Cruise and Smashville as well.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
kirbycide is a useless tool for noobs, it is a simple technique that is easy to escape

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Once again to call kirbyciding an advance tech. is a joke its a move anyone could pull off. Iv seen kirby players win because they could kirbycide any scrub could pick up kirby and win with kirbycide. Lucky the competitive player around where i live respect each other to much to pull off stupid stuff like this but in all winning with a kirbycide and calling it a legit win is a joke.

Doval

Smash Lord
STFU. You voiced your opinion once, like you have every right to. Now you're just being annoying and spamming the thread. I mean, you're wrong and most people disagree with you but that's besides the point, stop spamming.

Doulhalt the Brave

Smash Cadet
Now you're just being annoying and spamming the thread. I mean, you're wrong and most people disagree with you but that's besides the point, stop spamming.
No, spamming would be:

"Kirbyciding is a n00b move
Kirbyciding is a n00b move
etc."

We have just as much right to voice our opinion and defend the point we are arguing. We can't be "wrong" so much as this is technically an opinion of the Kirbycide and it isn't like 1 person is coming up with B.S. reasons against 5 other people. Wolf_FTW, brentlouis, storm92, and I all at least agree that Kirbycide is cheap in most situations. Just saying.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
STFU. You voiced your opinion once, like you have every right to. Now you're just being annoying and spamming the thread. I mean, you're wrong and most people disagree with you but that's besides the point, stop spamming.
Doval please try and stay on topic...

Anyway like doulhalt said we have every right as well as every other person to say what we want and defend it. Just because the majority of people don't think its cheap and actually takes skill somehow doesn't mean we cant back up our reasons and discuss with the others opinions.

Doulhalt the Brave

Smash Cadet
On a side note, I can very much see where the whole, "Winning is all that matters. Do what it takes to win" mentality comes from. Who doesn't want to win? However, I find myself having much more enjoyable matches between me and another honest player who is a skilled player and knows how to use his character in an impressive way without being cheap. Ex. Original combos, no spamming, you get the point. If I feel that someone beats me legit, I always tell that person they play very well and I always enjoy a good match, even if I lose. If you're just going to play to win, that's kind of a shallow way to play Brawl. Nintendo put in plenty of stuff to make it "party friendly" and make it more about fun rather than winning. I'd still like to win =P but I like making friends as well, and if I didn't lose I couldn't get any better in the future. That's why I think it's funner to play honestly against a skilled opponent and lose rather than win by using a cheap technique and pissing someone off. You'll benefit more in the end.

XxOblivion77

Smash Cadet
Now I know why I don't come to Smashboards.

Also, it is advanced. There are many things you can do with Kirbyciding, it's amazing. You just have to learn it. It's not just a OHKO attack where everything is all easy. Kirbyciding, is truly an art.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
if you could show me vids of this "technique" consecutively working at tourneys then i may change my mind about using it. TOURNEYS, not random friend play. Or something similar to that importance of play. Any experienced person will meteor smash you trying crap like that constantly.

storm92

Smash Ace
On a side note, I can very much see where the whole, "Winning is all that matters. Do what it takes to win" mentality comes from. Who doesn't want to win? However, I find myself having much more enjoyable matches between me and another honest player who is a skilled player and knows how to use his character in an impressive way without being cheap. Ex. Original combos, no spamming, you get the point. If I feel that someone beats me legit, I always tell that person they play very well and I always enjoy a good match, even if I lose. If you're just going to play to win, that's kind of a shallow way to play Brawl. Nintendo put in plenty of stuff to make it "party friendly" and make it more about fun rather than winning. I'd still like to win =P but I like making friends as well, and if I didn't lose I couldn't get any better in the future. That's why I think it's funner to play honestly against a skilled opponent and lose rather than win by using a cheap technique and pissing someone off. You'll benefit more in the end.
Well of course. That's the reason people play video games, not only limited to Brawl, as a whole: to have fun. The only type of Kirbycide which has worked for me- the one where you kill yourself along with the opponent- is only to be used when you're ahead anyways. Most of the time, its a situation where the opponent has 1 stock left and you have 2 and you're at 140% (just an example) and then you perform Kirbycide to win the match. Could you of won it the honest way by dueling it out until the last stock, probably yes. But you saved yourself a lot of time and the chance of a comeback.
And besides, with the example above where you're ahead, the opponent has the knowledge that they're being beaten, and shouldn't truly be a sore loser about Kirbycide finishes.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I'll have to say that Kirbyciding would be difficult to pull off on anyone smart enough to see it coming. I don't really consider it 'cheap', per se, moreso unskilled. It's not a technique in my book, nor should it be considered one.

I have pulled it off on a friend twice in one match, but I don't consider him competitive. He didn't know what was going on. It would be much harder to pull off on someone who knows what you're up to.

Davrob1

Smash Cadet
If your opponent falls into kirbycides constantly, YOU suck, for being a D-bag and using the Kirbycide constantly instead of actually playing the match like normal people do. If it is "so easy" to avoid the Kirbycide I'm sure you wouldn't use it nor would this thread be here. I know you're trying to bring a sense of skill or strategy on a mediocre technique but at the end of the day there are better, more respectful ways to win rather than using 1 move to drag your opponent to the edge of oblivion and having you escape or the both of you dying, probably in the Kirby player's favor. It isn't really different from the suicide grapples of Melee, which they removed from kirby, thank god =P.
okay i read like this whole thread and its been giving me a freaking headache! The kirbycide or what i thought was known as the swallowcide is by no means easy to pull off on even minorly skilled opponents! obviously doulhalt the brave only thinks the way he does because he probaly doesnt play the game with skilled or even smart players. In the competative sceme of things to actually pull this off would be very very rare. First off you have to understand that this is situational and best utilized when the kirby is at a high percent while his opponent is at a low percent(assuming you do the one where you both are suppossed to die). I main kirby and I've gone to various brawl tourneys and for me to even make an attempt at the swallowcide is a huge risk! And the reasons behind it can be explained pretty simply- the neutral B just doesnt have that great of range, and when performed in the air if u miss you will end up a lot further below the stage because of the lag after the move. Plus they can properly space themselves so that they will hit u without getting sucked in.

This thread is here to give us an idea of what to do in the rare situation that the opponent did something so stupid, he got Inhaled at the edge of the stage or even worse, in mid-air. It's not here because it's some god****ed IWIN button. Even scrubs are hard to inhale because they roll so much. For someone to fall into it constantly, the person must be all sorts of incompetent or completely new to the game.

doval ur smart

anyways

as for spitting them out under the stage, I dont think its a bad idea at all as long as you have enough jumps to get back. but keep in mind there is a good chance they can recover(assuming they are not ike or olimar), SO i think that it wouldnt be worth trying to inhale them if you were only going to spit them out.

and another thing...
The thing that makes the swallowcide effective once u inhale is the FACT that the opponent's ability to escape is "no longer damage dependant" like it was in melee. Thus going for it when ur opponent is at a lower percent and you are at a high percent (about to die) will be a lot more common and effective.

and remember if they dont escape and u dont spit them out you both die at the same time.
So you can also go for it if you're both on ur last stock and u are at a high percent. you can try to take ur opponent to sudden death.
so it has its uses even when both players have 1 stock left.

but remember that to actually inhale them will be the hardest part.

a good kirby video that discusses kirbyciding in brawl at around 5:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRoL-_kk0uk

and a video of me actually using the swallowcide effectively in a tourney which can be seen at the very end of the 2nd match (around 8:05)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyEZOvC3Js0

as you can see I was very fortunate to have inhaled him.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ok, to the noobs hating on kirbyciding, shut up. your just giving yourselves fake rules and guidelines that is only hindering your chances of winning. it's a normal tactic and there is nothing wrong with it. its just an extyra move that is there. if you happen to be able to use it to your advantage, than use it. please stop complaining.

-hiro

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Who the hell cares if its cheap? Did you even play melee? Most played characters in melee had WAY worse bull**** than this. This is just a practical use of a move.
But i have to say undercide into footstool jump is hilarious and awesome

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Not really a Kirbycide since you shouldn't be dying if you spit them out under the stage, but if you inhale characters like Marth/Ike, jump off the stage facing the stage (jump first while tilting the control stick to the right or left depending on what side of the stage you're on. Be facing the stage when you do this and spit them out). It works best on a stage like Battle-Field.

It's kind of a hit or miss tatic, characters like Metaknight could easily punish you if you fail by edge guarding you.

Dan_X

Smash Lord

Umm no, read the next quote...

Thanks, I agree...

ok, to the noobs hating on kirbyciding, shut up. your just giving yourselves fake rules and guidelines that is only hindering your chances of winning. it's a normal tactic and there is nothing wrong with it. its just an extyra move that is there. if you happen to be able to use it to your advantage, than use it. please stop complaining.

-hiro
Agree

Who the hell cares if its cheap? Did you even play melee? Most played characters in melee had WAY worse bull**** than this. This is just a practical use of a move.
But i have to say undercide into footstool jump is hilarious and awesome
Agree

I agree once more...
------------------------------------------
It's a viable tactic. The game is not about "honor" and "fair." In my opinion, whenever someone refers to something as cheap, be it a character, or a tactic, they're only saying that because they can't beat it. Okay so Dedede's chaingrab is "cheap.." Don't get grabbed. Learn what to expect.

The scrubs in this thread pissed me off so much... honor *sigh*

In conclusion, if you're going to use the Kirbycide, you might as well just knock the controller out of your opponent's hand while they are trying to recover because you'll get the same result with the same amount of skill. It's funny and all, I think it's funny, but I don't consider it a respectful move and I wouldn't be impressed by anyone who used it in excess. Just my two cents.[/QUOTE}

I agree with this but to a degree my thing is is this the only way kirby can be played?

R i p

Smash Cadet
I don't think Kirbyciding is unfair even with non-tournament standards. I don't really abuse it because I think it kills the fun and it's not so great. I don't use it when I'm getting back on the stage. It's mainly meant to scare my opponents. Like "Oh, don't chase after Kirby when he's in the air". But some people fall for it, not my fault.

Kirbycide, at least in the air, is basically a meteor that costs the user's life. I don't see how that can even be debated. That's like saying "That's not fair, you pushed me away or down and I couldn't control that. Meteor/Smashing is not fair".

Top Bottom