• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arena Challenge Series - Falchions vs. the World

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Welcome everyone to the Arena. This thread will serve as the tournament grounds between us the Marth and/or Lucina mains against the other characters across the Smash roster! Right now, it's still in its testing phases and rules can change. The most important factor however is to have fun!

The ruleset:
  • Wii U online! 3DS to be considered.
  • Point Based System. Explanation below!
  • 2 stocks, 6 minutes (No items)
  • Best of Three sets.
  • Custom Move-set: If both parties agree on using customs; go for it!
  • Marth/Lucina mains/players can only use Marth/Lucina. Challengers can only use the character from the character board they represent!
  • In the case of a time-out the player with the least percentage wins. If both players lose their final stocks at the same time... PLAY THE SUDDEN DEATH D:
"Neutral" Stages:
  • You are in our arena. Castle Siege is a neutral?!
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
Counter-pick Stages:
  • Omega Stages
  • Town and City
  • Delfino
  • Nope, not Halberd. Ok fine. Halberd.
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Duck Hunt
  • Congo Jungle
Stage Striking:
If both parties agree on stage striking:
  • For neutrals, 1-2-1. In other words, first one to strike bans one stage. Next player bans two, then the original player bans one final stage. The stage that remains will be the stage to play.
  • For counter picks, winner bans two then the loser chooses from the remaining pool. If the set is 1-1, the player that is choosing a stage for the final match cannot pick a stage where he/she won in originally.
  • If Final Destination is banned then Omega Stages are banned as a consequence as well.
  • If both parties do not agree on stage striking then random pick from the lists above is what we will do!

Tag: This is my tag
Main: This is my main
NNID: This is my NNID
Availability: This is the time period when I can play.

The challenge cycle:
The Marth/Lucina mains/players will decide on which character board to challenge. After the decision has been made, we will formally announce it to those unfortunate enough to have to face our Falchion blades. Challenge cycles will end after the first faction receives 10 points. You can't face off against the same person twice in a challenge cycle! Also make sure to let others play and represent your character! You guys should be responsible for setting up the matches between yourselves, and remember have fun!

The point based system:
What this means is that no one is eliminated from the tournament! You will play your set against your opponent. If you win, it's +1 point for your faction. If you lose, no points will be added to your faction :( At the end of the challenge cycle, the faction with the most points win!

Tallying points:
Be pro-active! Keep count! While I will do my best to also keep count it would be a great help if you guys do so too. I want this to be a community effort :)

Rewards:
Marth/Lucina: The ability of letting everyone know we defeated X character boards and bask in the glory of our arena!
Challengers: The ability of letting everyone know that you defeated the Marth/Lucina mains in their home-turf!

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Registered Members:
Tag: EternalFlame
Main: Marth
NNID: Eterna1Flame
Availability: Fri 9:00am - 7:00pm, Sat 9:00am - 3:00pm, Sun 3:00pm - 10:00pm

---------------------------------

Tag: evmaxy54
Main: The Mop
NNID: maXywashere
Availablity: Most evenings starting from 7pm to 12pm GMT (on Friday & Saturday I can play until 2am cause why the hell not #rebel)

Tag: Tat
NNID: Goldbit
Availability: I get home from school around 3:30pm on weekdays, any other time is fair game.

Tag: Emblem Lord
Main: Emperor of Altea
NNID: ShinEmblemLord
Availability: Usually at night around 11pm EST

Tag: EnGarde
Main: Can't commit :p Will probably use Marth primarily for this challenge
NNID: SilverBelle
Availability: Late evenings EST

Tag: Rin
Main: Lucina (Gr8est Waifu)
NNID: Susazu&Rin (Im not actually blonde)
Availability: (Mountain Time) Generally anytime between 4pm and 10pm
(Won't be available until Jan28)

NNID might actually be Susazu-and-Rin

Tag: Azura
Main: Lucina
NNID: azureleaf17
Availability: 8:30-10:30 PM PST, every day

Tag:Saclam
Main:Lucina
NNID:Boofa_man
Availability:sundays and mondays(have a job and those are my days off lol)

Tag: Macchiato
Main: :4lucina::4lucario:
NNID: Macchiato94
Availability: Friday 3:00P.M to 9:00P.M EST
Saturday 9:00A.M to 9:00PM EST
Sunday 9:00A.M to 9:00PM EST

Tag: Ecchin
Main::4marth:
NNID: Generic_Panic
Availability: Saturday 5 A.M to 9PM EST (12 PM to 4 A.M CET)

I'm up for it

Tag: Obama
Main::4zelda:
NNID: mjsmi2
Availability: Friday 3pm - 2am EST, Saturday 3pm - 2am EST, Sunday 3pm - 2am EST

Tag: Asdioh
Main: Krib
NNID: Asdioh
Availability: idk whenever

Tag: Locuan
NNID: Locuan
Availability: Weekdays: after 7PM CST, Weekends: when I'm awake.

Tag : BJN39
Main : Zelda
NNID : BJN_39 (Though, iirc this is only really relevant to WiiU users. I only have a 3DS, so I can provide my FC when the time comes.)
Location : Bloomington, IL (If you've heard of it lmao. #obscure)
Availability : pretty much any day during the mid afternoon to evening (unless specified) I'll try to be as free as I can.)

Tag: SBphiloz4
Main: :4zelda:
NNID: SBphiloz4
3DS Friend Code: 3325-2450-2084
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada (Western Canada, folks. PST time zone)
Availability: Blergh, can really only due weekends on sporadic times. Most free in the evenings, because might have to work in the mornings and afternoons.

Tag: Random4811
Main: :4marth:/:4falcon:
NNID: Random4811 (and my 3DS FC is: 3093-7532-1720 )
Location: Flora, IL (and one of you Zelda mains thought Bloomington was obscure :p)
Availability: Most nights after 8, Sundays, and possibly some Saturdays. Im more available on 3DS

Main: It's ya boi :4marth:
NNID: AetherStorm
Availability: Usually from about 7:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. on weekdays, 1:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. on weekdays. (EST of course.)

Mains: :4tlink::4link::4marth::4pit::4darkpit:(Don't really visit or post on Pit or Marsu boards much though, just lurk)
NNID: sushiramen8811
3DS FC: 4768-7740-0434
Availability: Online only, weekends

Tag: @CherubiKnighT
NNID: Cherubiknight
Availability: Mon. 11pm- 2 am Tues. 11pm - 2 am Wed. 5pm - 2 am Thurs 10 pm - 2 am Fri. 11pm - 2 am. Weeknds all day

Main: :4zelda:/:4villager:
NNID: Fernosaur
3ds: Nope
Availability: Only late at nights or early in the morning, at about 10 am CST.

Tag: RYAN
Main: :4marth:
NNID: Vipermoon64
Availability: Whenever on the weekends (weekdays too busy unpredictable).

Tag: Vic
NNID: vmp5511
Location, New York, NY
Availability: Monday 9-12pm, Wednesday 9-12pm, Thursday All day

Tag: King
Main: Link, Wielder of the Triforce of Courage ("HYAAAAT!") / Shulk, Heir to the Monado ("The future is ours to decide.")
NNID: LordOfCourage
3DS FC: 5241-1928-7355
Availability: Weekends

Sate my blade, or grant me oblivion.

Main: (dark)Link; Bachondorf
NNID: Naroghin
Location: Yep, it's supposed to get down to -30 tomorrow Michigan
Availability: 7-late (EST) most days. Will have to schedule at least a day in advance.

Tag: Elessar
Main: Link
NNID: Veritiel
Availability: from 9 pm to 11 pm - 4 GMT on weekdays, weekends can mostly be at any time. Just pm me and we'll schedule a match.

ag: Knife
Main: Link
NNID: omar8193
Availability: from 8 pm to 10 pm CST most weekdays. Weekends are a bit tough.

Tag: LeoJM
NNID: leojm777
Availability: 6:00-10:00 p.m (PST) Everyday

Availability to play will also be dependent on my schedule.... but mostly I will be available those hours.

Tag: VZXT
NNID: Victor.ZXT <-theres a "."
Availability: CST late evening like 9,10 pm until 1 am

Tag: Lichi
Main: Lucina / ZSS
NNID: TheLichi
Location: Germany (matches against US west will be difficult)
Availability: tuesday & wednesday at ~4pm UTC
saturday all day long

Results:
Vs. Zelda!
Current Standing:
Lucina 0 - Zelda 5

And thread open! Let's decide which character boards to face off against!

Last edited:

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Well, time to sign up xD

Tag: EternalFlame
NNID: Eterna1Flame
Availability: Fri 9:00am - 7:00pm, Sat 9:00am - 3:00pm, Sun 3:00pm - 10:00pm

Availability to play will also be dependent on whether my schedule will allow me time to play due to searching for a job and school work, but should I have time I would still love to play anyone to continue developing my abilities.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
If you challenge the Zelda boards.. I might side with them. Srry. *runs*

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
This will make me practice being a janitor properly! :3

Availablity: Most evenings starting from 7pm to 12pm GMT (on Friday & Saturday I can play until 2am cause why the hell not #rebel)

This is really me guessing because I'm starting back in Uni in two weeks so...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hnngg, this sounds fun tbh (I can't wait to see y'all challenge the Zeldas.) but... I'm stuck on the 3DS, so...

Maybe when y'all come, I'll play some friendlies or something. I definitely am lolbad so I shouldn't represent the Zeldas for the battle, lol.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Hnngg, this sounds fun tbh (I can't wait to see y'all challenge the Zeldas.) but... I'm stuck on the 3DS, so...

Maybe when y'all come, I'll play some friendlies or something. I definitely am lolbad so I shouldn't represent the Zeldas for the battle, lol.
Remember that the primary purpose of this is to learn to improve and have fun. Treat it more as an opportunity to learn the MUs you may be unfamiliar with xD Locuan is considering getting the 3DS version reps too, and I'll be fighting on either or system for this one. Besides the last 2 times I've heard the player was bad, they turned out to be pretty good.

Really guys, let your playing ability speak for itself; no need to down talk yourself like this xD

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
This will make me practice being a janitor properly! :3

This is really me guessing because I'm starting back in Uni in two weeks so...
You are going to represent the Falchion wielders? You could be a double agent for the Zelda boards! Added you to the registered list ;)

This is all for fun and practice. Don't be afraid to join in on the fun when the eventuality of facing the Zelda boards commences :p

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
You are going to represent the Falchion wielders? You could be a double agent for the Zelda boards! Added you to the registered list ;)

This is all for fun and practice. Don't be afraid to join in on the fun when the eventuality of facing the Zelda boards commences :p
Sure, why not? It sounds like a bant & a half :3

And my Mopcina could use a lot of work

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Tag: Tat
NNID: Goldbit
Availability: I get home from school around 3:30pm on weekdays, any other time is fair game.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmm

Tag: Emblem Lord
Main: Emperor of Altea
NNID: ShinEmblemLord
Availability: Usually at night around 11pm EST

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Tag: EnGarde
Main: Can't commit :p Will probably use Marth primarily for this challenge
NNID: SilverBelle
Availability: Late evenings EST

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Awesome guys. While we keep on getting more registrations, which character board should we face first?

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I don't want to register yet, because if you challenge the Zelda boards.. my faith is with them. srry i luv u pls dont hate me

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Tag: Rin
Main: Lucina (Gr8est Waifu)
NNID: Susazu-and-Rin (Im not actually blonde)
Availability: (Mountain Time) Generally anytime between 4pm and 10pm
(Won't be available until Jan28)

Oh man, the hype is real, time to show those suckers that Marth and Lucina arent just pocket characters!

Last edited:

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
I've been playing Lucina non-stop as a dedicated main ever since I got the game (the only time I played other characters was before I unlocked her xD), so this sounds like awesome practice!

Tag: Azura
NNID: azureleaf17
Availability: 8:30-10:30 PM PST, every day

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I too think that Zelda is the logical first choice; however, it also presents an interesting conundrum, as some of our players (and people stuck on the 3DS version that have shown interest) have split loyalties. I know if we were to challenge the ZSS or the Capt. Falcon boards, I'd have some pretty split loyalties as well.

So, now might be an interesting time to discuss some basic logistics. Is it possible for a member to play for both sides, as it were? Or do you have to pick a side at the beginning and not switch? I think we can trust the personal integrity of everyone here to play to their best ability, and only play as characters they feel comfortable with. What do you guys think?

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I too think that Zelda is the logical first choice; however, it also presents an interesting conundrum, as some of our players (and people stuck on the 3DS version that have shown interest) have split loyalties. I know if we were to challenge the ZSS or the Capt. Falcon boards, I'd have some pretty split loyalties as well.

So, now might be an interesting time to discuss some basic logistics. Is it possible for a member to play for both sides, as it were? Or do you have to pick a side at the beginning and not switch? I think we can trust the personal integrity of everyone here to play to their best ability, and only play as characters they feel comfortable with. What do you guys think?
They will likely have to choose a side, for one to fight for both sides can easily lead to favor and dishonesty of one side to another. Not that the community would ever do that, but the conflicting feelings can cause concerns for the conflicted player in question, and that could have an effect on the overall outcome of the match. Thus the numbers will show an unfair calling, regardless if that was the intention of the conflicted player or not.

I would normally side with your opinion on this one, but I believe the burden of choice in this case wouldn't hurt to be taken away for the sake of those players that are sticking to one side. . .

Ok no xD seriously either way is fine. Not like this is a serious thing anyways, and we should all treat it as an opportunity to practice in an MU we want to practice (whether for or against Marth/Lucina). Leave it to people's discression to fight for one side or the other or both even.

We do this for improving ourselves and building community, not to prove a point of superiority. The conflict that once sparked between the Marth and Lucina boards will not be repeated this day towards any one character choice. We shall all fight with honor, integrity, and respect; thus we will represent Marth and Lucina best by our swordsmanship and conduct.

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
They will likely have to choose a side, for one to fight for both sides can easily lead to favor and dishonesty of one side to another. Not that the community would ever do that, but the conflicting feelings can cause concerns for the conflicted player in question, and that could have an effect on the overall outcome of the match. Thus the numbers will show an unfair calling, regardless if that was the intention of the conflicted player or not.

I would normally side with your opinion on this one, but I believe the burden of choice in this case wouldn't hurt to be taken away for the sake of those players that are sticking to one side. . .

Ok no xD seriously either way is fine. Not like this is a serious thing anyways, and we should all treat it as an opportunity to practice in an MU we want to practice (whether for or against Marth/Lucina). Leave it to people's discression to fight for one side or the other or both even.

We do this for improving ourselves and building community, not to prove a point of superiority. The conflict that once sparked between the Marth and Lucina boards will not be repeated this day towards any one character choice. We shall all fight with honor, integrity, and respect; thus we will represent Marth and Lucina best by our swordsmanship and conduct.
Concord is a beautiful thing!

Individuals of nobility such as ourselves must approach challenges with determination and respect.
Hence, I believe it wise to pursue a healthy rivalry with one that would hold sentiments to our way of life!

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Because it is c:
Then let not words alone prove one worth. Kingdoms shall soon clash then who is right shall be apparent from the outcome. Be wary that though I care not for which kingdom is greater, I shall give you nor any other opponent any quarter in battle.

If you truly wish to prove your point, then steel yourself and prepare well for the war coming, you and the other Princesses of Hyrule. The Hero Kings of Legend and the Challenger of Fates shall be your opponents!

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Then let not words alone prove one worth. Kingdoms shall soon clash then who is right shall be apparent from the outcome. Be wary that though I care not for which kingdom is greater, I shall give you nor any other opponent any quarter in battle.

If you truly wish to prove your point, then steel yourself and prepare well for the war coming, Princesses of Hyrule. The Hero King of Legend and the Challenger of Fates shall be your opponents!
okey.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Im down for this,sign me up.

Tag:Saclam
Main:Lucina
NNID:Boofa_man
Availability:sundays and mondays(have a job and those are my days off lol)

Gotta rep lucy one way or another and this is a good place to start.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I h8 you for liking Tharja so it's all good <3
When you think about it, if Tharja hates you, she'll curse you. And if she curses you, maybe she actually likes you. If she actually likes you, she'll probably be stalking you.

Then at that point, it becomes a problem. I think
But back on topic for finding Lucinas/Marths to join the cause xD

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
When you think about it, if Tharja hates you, she'll curse you. And if she curses you, maybe she actually likes you. If she actually likes you, she'll probably be stalking you.

Then at that point, it becomes a problem. I think
But back on topic for finding Lucinas/Marths to join the cause xD
Nah I'll just make her leave because I'm married to the King of Ylisse c:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Nah I'll just make her leave because I'm married to the King of Ylisse c:
No, you're single and you live in a castle where the only sort of entertainment you have is ordering a poor wanna-be kokiri boy around to do your bidding!

Anywhoooooo, I don't like Tharja thaaat much, she was just the first person my avatar married (cuz dat magic stat when paired up!).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Tag: Macchiato
Main: Zeldestruction
NNID: Macchiato94
Availability: Friday 3:00P.M to 9:00P.M EST
Saturday 9:00A.M to 9:00PM EST
Sunday 9:00A.M to 9:00PM EST

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Nice. Best of luck to the Marth/Lucina boards as well as representatives from other character forums. I am especially looking forward to Falchions vs. Ragnells in the near future.

^-^

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Nice. Best of luck to the Marth/Lucina boards as well as representatives from other character forums. I am especially looking forward to Falchions vs. Ragnells in the near future.

^-^
Those shall definitely be matches to remember. It will also be an opportunity to learn more on Ike from those who main him xD (getting myself back into playing Ike once more)

Ecchin

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟɴᴜᴛᴛ
NNID
Generic_Panic
Tag: Ecchin
Main::4marth:
NNID: Generic_Panic
Availability: Saturday 5 A.M to 9PM EST (12 PM to 4 A.M CET)

yeah, in weekends i don't sleep xD

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I'm up for it

Tag: Obama/GngrGaymer
Main::4zelda:
NNID: mjsmi2
Availability: Friday 3pm - 2am EST, Saturday 3pm - 2am EST, Sunday 3pm - 2am EST, Monday 12pm - 10pm EST

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ummmmmm sure maybe!
I kind of read the OP but I don't really get it. Just tell me what to do and stuff.

Tag: Asdioh
Main: Krib
NNID: Asdioh
Availability: idk whenever

Top Bottom