• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The APEX2010 Transportation Thread.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Yep, time flies and now, seeing how APEX2 is just over a month away, y'all Southerners better get get your rides, flights, bikes, and boats together......maybe not bikes.

But seriously, this IS the Winter event you don't want to miss. APEX2 WILL have Brawl, Melee, Brawl+, Brawl-, and even 64 (or so I'm told). Europe is coming in FULL force, and Japan and countless other OOC's are attending this landmark event.

But yeah, you can read up on that on the thread in Tournament Listings.

This thread is to determine HOW we're getting there. I don't want to fly alone cuz It's really boring, so as for myself, I wanted to organize a CFL flight pool, in which we all take the same plane from Orlando.

Seeing the prices on Kayak, it seems Orlando (MCO Airport) is the cheapest location to fly from in Florida, at least to Newark (EWR) Airport, which is the closest to the venue, Rutgers University Student Center.

Now, from memory I can tell you this....

All flights are currently over $200 round trip.

Greyhound buses cost $166 round trip.

Obviously organizing a carpool would be the most cost-efficient, but nevertheless grueling on the lucky driver who gets to put 16 hours on their pedal.

So, start searching flights, buses, or trips to Newark, and post in this thread.

Florida is TOO good in both games not to go to Apex2. I mean, C'mon.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
The problem with driving OOS is that the people riding usually only want to pay gas, when the driver ends up not only having to drive, but also risk tickets/damage to their car in addition to normal wear and tear.

Gas would total just under $200 round trip, so i'd probably ask $50 a person. People who've never driven 4+ miles wouldn't understand.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Since I already have my pass, I'm deff interested in this thread. Neat to see that a greyhound bus is cheaper than flight.

I'd volunteer to drive since I've driven to NH before but I literally just got a new car and such. Not ready for it lol. You forgot to mention cost of Jersey turnpike since that's also there.

Hbox, I'll PM you my number when you start figuring out details and such.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I've driven up to Long Island NY from south of Orlando before, and I'll hrow in gas and food money. Three drivers should be able to handle this. If 4 people come thats gas money and I don't know how to help the wear n tear on the car

PB&J

Smash Hero
ill be in long island right before apex so if anybody is going there 2 days early im going from there to the hotel..which i need to book like today..lol

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Yeah if anything I might head there early to save money...

from what I've seen, MCO to EWR leaving the 5th and coming back the 9th (an ideal flight, so to speak) is actually the cheapest, at $203.....

I have to buy one pretty soon, seeing as how I already registered for APEX2.

Make sure y'all register before buying a plane ticket.

Carpool ideas: I will be down to share the driving in a carpool situation, and of course I would throw in money. My mom probably would want me to go on a plane though, but good stuff to any drivers willing to take others to this international event.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'll be flying up there, but from PAnama City. anyone wanna share Hotel costs? Or already got a room and I can help lower it?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im buying a plane ticket.

although i would be probably leaving that friday morning, the 6th. to avoid having to deal with finding housing on thursday night (lol I already dont have housing as it is), and coming back early monday morning

more importantly, i gotta find housing lol. getting rides to and from the newark airport to the venue should be easy (its like 20 min away).

Top Bottom