• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Angry European Thread - Let out your frustrations!

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Are you from Europe? That should AUTOMATICALLY make you about as pissed as I am! Japan has Brawl, America has a reasonable release date. We have nothing. Let out all issues with Nintendo here!

Nintendo of Europe - I hate you with all my being, no release date, left in the dark until Q2. And we have to pay $80 for a 4 month old game spoiled by the rest of the entire gaming commnuity and NO chance of getting a Chiped Wii, I'm serious... It is a much less casual affair. You will seem like a eccentric . Not to mention it's a rather rare practise here.

What is up with the delay? It not like Europe is a small clustor of unaccesable exotic countrys. England is about 5900 miles from Japan, while America is about 6700 miles. If anything it's a shorted journey! And less likly to go through all this red tape censorship!

The Duplex Dispises You Nintendo...If Sakuarai was here I wouldn't hesitate to give him a Falcon Paunch...

Share your thoughts, your issues, your pity even.

How could everyone forget about there PAL's?

EDIT: OH BOY! Seems Nintendo is a little lacking world wide too! Honorable mentions all our fellow smashers down at Austrilia!

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
**** THIS ****!

WE GET PISS ON OUR FACES EVERYTIME!

**** THIS ****!

Seriously, we get this game ****ing late. Everyone's pro at america and Japan when we get our version...

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol, I'm very excited about Brawl and everything, too bad we still have to wait countless months :(

Heegu

Smash Apprentice
At play.com it says the release date is 30/05. Dunno if that's true..

kirborg

Smash Cadet
yeah I've grown to accept it. Initially it pissed me of that Nintendo treated us like this, but then I remembered that they are just a company who don't give a **** about us. It's going to be a looong wait 'till June.

Guilty Gear Accent Core is released in a month though (only 6 months after the US release!), so if you are looking for a new fighter then that's a pretty good one to keep you occupied until brawl

Dero

Smash Rookie
Lets just say that if I was a jedi, the dark side would be very tempting right now.

J0™

Smash Apprentice
1 of the reasons it takes this long is the fact that the game needs to be translated into German, French and Spanish >.> (I'm from The Netherlands, they'll never translate it into Dutch anyway, so I'm(and other non German/French/Spanish people) practically waiting for nothing)
*sigh* why is the world so complicated anyway, why do we all speak a diffrent language, or don't use the same currency? (getting a bit dramatic here *calm down J, it's just a game* (- -")... )
Ahem anyway, I'm just ... pissed like everybody else >.>

Lant

Smash Journeyman
As I write this, I'm looking at SWF on an amazing 24" widescreen 1680x1050 display monitor. Why did I replace my old 17" CRT?

After realising there's going to be no Brawl for months here in the UK, I dropkicked my old one out the window whilst screaming YOU MUST RECOVER.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
I too have grown to accept it. It angers me but i force myself not to think about it too much.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
How would you go about modifying a pal wii for a nstc game?

Surely it can't be that complicated?

I'm annoyed also. It's double standards as well. They released galaxy worlwide to capitalise on xmas.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
I'm also really, really frustrated about this, but we can't blame Sakurai. He doesn't represent the localization.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
I didn't really mind that we're getting it later, but since we STILL dont have a release date i'm rather disappointed. What makes it worse is the other game i've been waiting for DMC 4, has release dates for Japan, America, and Europe which differ by only 4 days. That is good work, TBA when it is already released is NOT.

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Well, Europeans aren't alone in their plight. We in Australia will have to wait till you guys get it before it gets sent down here. Not the greatest of deals at all.

Sakura should have falcon punched Nintendo in their great big hairy balls for delaying the game in their usual dirty way, trying to get more money and the likes. But I guess if you falcon punch a giant corporation like Nintendo in the great big hairy balls, then you are most likely going to burn bridges...

Wiid

Smash Rookie
Well, im from Iceland so i surely will be one of the last people on earth to get this ****ing game(Australia before us or after ?), it just really pisses me off that the rest of the world will have 2-3 months to play this **** while we have nothing. **** you Nintendo of Europe i hope some someone high and mighty from nintendo gets ***** for all the **** nintendo is blasting in our faces

Keku

Smash Apprentice
RawrawrawnroawnranwrawrawrawrrraGGRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr! *Vast outlets of anger*

Yeah I'm kind of pissed. I'll be happy if I get before summer though. From what I've seen from the new gameplay videos, the game looks simply amazing.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Nintendo of Europe cant do jack s*** right. I mean, seriously, they have obviously been translating brawl for a long while now (as shown by the dojo) and it should be their numbe 1 priority anyway. Why the huge wait then? We get this kind of wait for early every game, even if it didnt have a single bit of text or talking in it, we'd still have to wait. NintendoUK have the right ideas, but they don't have enough power to do much about anything, as NOE respricts them in some areas, and only lets them do marketing on their own. I think because of the poor business structure of NOE, it should split into divisions. NUK could be one, NFrance another, maybe for a few of the remaining countries, they could be clustered into groups and be allocated divisions - I reckon with the rest of Europe, we would need another 3-4 sub-divisions to keep things silky-smooth.

I love Nintendo. To be honest, I almost worship them. I wear Nintendo clothes, I have Nintendo posters on my wall, I have a s***load of random Nintendo merchandise, I buy most Nintendo games and I now get all the consoles (as well as some games) on release. Im even a Nintendo encyclopedia, I know TOO MUCH about Nintendo's history. I also know too much about their reasonings and logic and business plans... BUT...

Nintendo are the s***iest company EVER in terms of production, shipping and localising. EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have loads more to say on the matter (an essay-esque amount), but I shall bore you so... /rant

kirborg

Smash Cadet
one thing that is in our favor this time though is that we will get the same version as the US. in the PAL version of SSBM there were some small but significant changes like weight, some spiking changes, Samus' grapple beam and other stuff. with online patching and cross regional online play we at least get the same game.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Wow, so much hate... Am I the only European who doesn't give a **** and will import the US version?

Luigi player

Smash Master
1 of the reasons it takes this long is the fact that the game needs to be translated into German, French and Spanish >.> (I'm from The Netherlands, they'll never translate it into Dutch anyway, so I'm(and other non German/French/Spanish people) practically waiting for nothing)
*sigh* why is the world so complicated anyway, why do we all speak a diffrent language, or don't use the same currency? (getting a bit dramatic here *calm down J, it's just a game* (- -")... )
Ahem anyway, I'm just ... pissed like everybody else >.>
You got a point. I've been thinking something like this too sometimes... why don't we all speak just one language? It would be MUCH easier that way, but I guess everyone wants to be special :laugh: Even though my main language is german, I'd accept english as 'THE ONE' language :)

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS THREAD :mad:

AND I AM VERY ANGRY!!!! NYAAAAARGH!!!!!!! F#¤#¤%#¤% !!! F""" PIECE O ¤#%&#¤%# !!!!!111!!!111 :mad: :mad: :mad: ..

Ah well..good to have that out of my system.....but im kinda used to it..europe aaalways gets it last :(

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow, so much hate... Am I the only European who doesn't give a **** and will import the US version?
I would probably too, if it wasn't for the fact that I thought "I should get a Wii now so when Brawl comes out I'll have one ready and don't have to look for one and then there is none".

Since the Wii is region locked a US Brawl won't work on a european Wii :(

MalusCalibur

Smash Rookie
Like most in this thread I'm rather annoyed at NoE for the ridiculous delay we have to endure. To me, though, its not as much that as the fact that we havnt even been given a date: if it was to be released in June I'd be annoyed, but not half as much as I am now while we have nothing concrete at all. I really don't understand that negative attitude towards Europe that Nintendo exhibit.
If the Wii wern't region locked I'd import the US version without hesitation.

Annhialator Zero

Smash Apprentice
Venting anger at this now

diujfdiorghiuhODXIOHIHGOFHUBGUIAfhugdfugfhuddihgridgHSDIOIOUDHRGIHGFHifdhghoighdihghdigvrhgbhhIORHGRHGHDFIHVGIOFDGHIFDHFB

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO TRANSLATE A GAME INTO ENGLISH WHEN THE AMERICAN VERSION IS IN ENGLISH?

:(

espio87

Smash Ace
I may not be from Europe but I know your pain. heck, it's even worse here, Nintendo doesn't even have a South American release date for the wii :grrr:.
that means we have to import them from the US, and hear this because you will laugh: our currency is the Argentinian Peso, ok. well it's equivalency is 1 dollar = 3 Argentinian Pesos and a bit more (from 10 to 20 cents). so the wii should be aproximately 750 Argentinian pesos, but the stores have it at 3000 pesos!:mad:
so it's almost impossible to get it if you are not upper class:(. the customs in my country literally kill you. If I'm lucky someday I'll get the wii and brawl. I won't lose hope

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
It annoys me greatly that the companies with the reponsibility to translate the game don't start earlier.
And who the hell wants german translations??? Gosh! It's lik e, random!
english is a universal language! If people got over it, we woudln't have to wait for people to record "Rondoudou!!!" and translate 300 miles of trophy information.
ACK!!!

Nintendo shoudln't be surprised to find that SSBB is one of the most downloaded games in the Internet.

BUT I will buy the game when it comes out in my country, which is Portugal, Europe.
SSBB deserves that. I just want to have my own game there, physically next to my Wii.
So, from me, even though I will be playing a japanese or american version that my friend takes from the internet, Nintendo won' tbe losing any money.
and my freind is going to do the same.
It's the desperation to play the game that makes us take extreme measures.

I think teh only good stuff about a later realease is that it'll have a few bugs worked out.
for example...our Melee didn't have WaveDash I think. At least I cant't do it...
but yeah, our version could be a bit more polished :chuckle:

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Change the title for those in Australia too, they feel our pain!

And it's not to do with translation. Mario Galaxy, the whole world in a matter of weeks.

Smash Bros Brawl, over the space of half a year, or more.

It's just Nintendo of Europe. Those ****ing jerks :p

Anyway... I need a cup of tea, then I'll have the stamina to rant more.

"STAMINA MELEE".

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Thank god i was looking for a thread like this. *Breathes*

ARGHGHGHGHHGGHGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!@##@@!!!!~#;'#''#!!!!!!!!!!! *Breathes*

So yeah im pissed. It makes me SICK to know Americans are playing SSBB in English which will be exactly the same as when I play it, EXCEPT we have to wait 3-4 Months? Why? Why? It Hurts...

A friend is going to try buy a Japanese Wii but not sure if he can get one. I think we should also feel sorry for the Australians who probably will get the same or even worse release date. We're always left last.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
We already considered buying a US Wii to play Brawl.

But we decided it could be a waste of money, since we'd only have to wait an extra 1-3 (:() months.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
When I become a Games Designer + Developer I'm only gonna release games in Europe :)

Then America will get it a year later, and the **** aint gonna get it at all. Oh, and It'll be an RPG, so that'll piss'em off more :D :)

yogho

Smash Apprentice
NoE has accidently placed a release date for Brawl a little while ago. It was June the first.

After people saw this and placed it on the internet it was suddenly removed.
People made calls to NoE and asked for an explanation for the removed release date.
They told the callers that it was mere a mistake. Or they said that it was never there.
They even said that nobody ever called them.

But, how can someone place a release date by mistake? That's rather weird.

I still wonder why there so mysterious about Brawl for Europe.

PS: **** SAKURAI AND THAT IDIOTIC LANGUAGE BARRIER. I DONT EVEN SPEAK FRENCH, GERMAN, SPANISH!
WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH A ****ING ENGLISH ONLY VERSION? I BET IT WILL SELL BETTER THEN THE ONES WITH THE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES. ****!

:p

Snafu

Smash Cadet
I've resigned myself to the fact that I have to wait for Brawl, and that no amount of complaining on my part will get it released any sooner.

What narks me off is American people *****ing and whining about their month's delay. I know that not all are doing it, but the few that do are a shining example of why the US is so hated by the rest of the world. I have even seen, here on SWF, one guy say "at least Europe won't have to put up with this ****, when they get a release date it sticks at that date".

The magic of the internet: putting you in contact with people whose IQ is lower than their shoe size.

Top Bottom