• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Stars House o' Sigs (OFFICIALLY CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaci92

Smash Lord
here are some tuts that helped me when i just started (go to gimp talk for more)
http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/penguins-sig-tut-t10820.html
that is amazing, pretty much my first tut i followed
well, thats only 1, but go to gimptalk or guildinn for more (both very helpful)

for the next question to get good it does not take all that long, i have only been doing this for 2-3 months i think, and rollerking has only been for about a month (i was one of the people who got him started in our old big shop)(and as far as i know, no one in the shop has been doing this for more that 6 months)
but to get really amazing like some of the people here marthmaster, weed, ect. and some of the people at guildinn are just amazing, now to get that good, it takes a while

for making one sig, it depends, when i just started, i could make a sig in 15-30 minutes, now, i spend sometimes hours on a single sig, trying different things (i take breaks)
and if you want animations, they take WAY longer, but rollerking and some of the others are way better than me

hope this helps and i hope maybe you can join the shop sometime
(until then , i reccomend just hanging around and looking at some of the things the we make, and sometimes u can even post one or two example here if you want c and c)

thats fine, and actually i am intrested in how you make vid animations

black knight, ask rollerking about sprite animations, he is really good (so are some of the others pstilz, just look at their sections at the start
Thanks unicorn. I'll look at that tutorial. I'm trying to find out what all this "layer" stuff is about on GIMP...It's probably one of the most important things it seems.

And I don't want to get incredibly good. I just want to get good enough to join the shop...and get better from there.

thanks again!

Grandeza

Smash Master
Any of you guys got good tuts that you think I haven't used yet. I'm in a big slump. :( All I can do right now is do some cool vector sigs. Sadly those get boring after a while.

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
oh, thats pretty cool, i have never seen a sig like that with the render so zoomed in on,
work on the text a little tho

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
i just posted a tut a little up on the page on text, just try and make it a bit more subtle
the red font and the fact its in the middle make it jump out too much

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
I have a request for ANY sig maker who is willing to take the request

I want my signature to just have the following. Make it as large as possible (To fit everything nicely)

Color Scheme: Up to you
Theme Text: "Mach 4 " -- If you could be creative with a kind of Techno theme with images and effects and such
I would like the signature to say the following: Mach 4, and three hyperlinks for the following links.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o2xrzwlm0r5 - Hyperlink should say the following: DOWNLOAD: - Music made by yours truly - The MOP
http://www.myspace.com/mach4band - Hyperlink should say the following: STREAM - Music on the go or for Download
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184659 - Hyperlink should say the following: THREAD - Check out my SWF Music Thread!

Make it pretty

Anyone can do this, I have faith in you all. Thank you so much and I CANNOT WAIT to see it!!!!

--The MOP

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
falco, could you stop reposting it
we see it, if all of us are busy, just remind us in a few days, you dont need to repost it soo often
i would do it, but i have almost no cpu time while im on vacation so yeah
patience is important

smaci92

Smash Lord
Hi everyone,
I know I probably sound like a complete idiot for asking this question...but just ignore that fact and answer my question please. So here's the question: I'm learning how to make a gandalf sig like this link http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/penguins-sig-tut-t10820.html that lordunicorn pasted. But I'm already stuck because the guy who wrote that thread in that forum assumed that he didn't have to include this first step for complete idiots like me. Anyways, I found the same gandalf image that he used. Its right here:

The problem is, I don't know how to get rid of the whole background so it's just a gandalf image with no soldiers in the background.
Once I get past this step, I'll probably be able to follow the steps in that thread up there...

can someone help.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
falco, could you stop reposting it
we see it, if all of us are busy, just remind us in a few days, you dont need to repost it soo often
i would do it, but i have almost no cpu time while im on vacation so yeah
patience is important
Sorry, I just assumed with all of the congestion of this thread, the thread would be history in a couple of minutes so I figured I'd post every 10 or 20 minutes until it was recognized ;)

I'll stop, and wait a couple of days :p

Thanks!

--The MOP

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
Use fonts like arial black, arial, and times new roman, space once between letters, twice between words, use a color similar to the bg, but just a little lighter/darker depending on the lightness/darkness of the sig, and MAKE IT SMALLER<that's a big one.

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
the words, they should only be size 8 to 12 font

and for the tag, there's no lighting or flow and the render doesn't blend, and for the millionth time, TEXT

Grandeza

Smash Master
Guys I've come to the conclusion, I have a much more fun time creating vector sigs. I think I'm better at them and that I'm steadily improving at them so from now on, 90% of my sigs will be vectors. Of course, i still have experience in all other areas ;)

Roller

Smash Legend
New sig.

CnC

EDIT: Smaci you have to render it. Go around the edges zoomed in at 400% with the small brush for eraser. Then get rid of the rest of it with eraser, fuzzy select tool, and rectangle select->delete.

ALSO

All new/hopefull sig makers read this!

GET AIM! Virtually all of our shop owners have it and atleast 2 of us are on at any given time throughout the day. We have helped many people with starting out and are more than willing to give more in depth instruction if you would like. JUST GET AIM! We can help you so much more when we can talk with you and send files back and forth with you in real time.

Once you get aim make sure to add all the shop owners. Most of our aim screen names can be obtained by clicking the little running man under our avi's.

Grandeza

Smash Master
New sig.

CnC

EDIT: Smaci you have to render it. Go around the edges zoomed in at 400% with the small brush for eraser. Then get rid of the rest of it with eraser, fuzzy select tool, and rectangle select->delete.
Nice job on that. Great tutorial. I almost ended up using it but i got lazy lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
reposting this for new page.

GET AIM! Virtually all of our shop owners have it and atleast 2 of us are on at any given time throughout the day. We have helped many people with starting out and are more than willing to give more in depth instruction if you would like. JUST GET AIM! We can help you so much more when we can talk with you and send files back and forth with you in real time.

Once you get aim make sure to add all the shop owners. Most of our aim screen names can be obtained by clicking the little running man under our avi's.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
reposting this for new page.

no cnc?

D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom