• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Stars House o' Sigs (OFFICIALLY CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
Fine I'm done. for now

lol jk jk but in all seriousness, new animation, I messed up on the sonic blade (too fast) and the bg (too red) but here it is

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
Fezzy, the animation is good, but I realize now that it's on a black bg, you didn't render inside the rings as well as outside, you forgot some of the flames too.

IMHO, good animation, sloppy rendering

pikapwr980

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. nice work u got goin at this shop here.

U may knw me from totally pwning DH_Ninja

The real animations are here man.

I am a hopeful recruit of the allstar shop o' sigs. Watch out for when I post my stuff

Conker315

Smash Lord
oo gimp
then i shall download it
now..how can i start with animation?
any tips?
i dont even know how to make them little guys move
ahhhh ()_()

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
you can use each layer as a frame then when you save as .gif and click save as animation, them frames ull muve right quick

Roller

Smash Legend
Conker. Find some tutorials. There are a few beginners tutorials on youtube that can help you to grasp the basics. I suggest you watch them. After you get the basics down I would be happy to give you the benefit of my experience and help you with some more advanced stuff and how to hone your skill with the basics.

Conker315

Smash Lord
when i opened gimp i was lost
i dont know how to place things in the layer
well im a look things up in youtube

EDIT: my hand hurts for clicking and saving tonz of renders X[) :laugh:

Roller

Smash Legend
when i opened gimp i was lost
i dont know how to place things in the layer
well im a look things up in youtube

EDIT: my hand hurts for clicking and saving tonz of renders X[) :laugh:
lol. Glad to see you're taking the steps to start animations. I actually started with animations. So I know exactly how you feel working with Gimp for the first time and being confused, trust me, after a little while it gets easier.

I promise. =)

Conker315

Smash Lord
nah i deleted the stick guy but u can see this guy ^^

and hiii pikapowa!!!!!!

EDIT:sorry for the size and for the white bg
but this is actually my first good 1

Roller

Smash Legend
interesting.

Increase the framerate a lot. To do that go to

Save as.
save it as.....w/e it was
replace
save as animation
then a bunch of options should come up. in the frame rate one change it to a lower number, if it was 100 (the default) make it 80.

Hey Pikapwr!

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
kk, guys ill make it less taller, but don get hard on me. it was my very 1st sig u kno, but still i need all da help i can get, XD

Roller

Smash Legend
your animation is moving WAY too slow and is WAY too choppy. You should really pick sprites with less movement between frames, like they only change a tiny bit each time.

Increasing framerate makes the animation faster, and by doing so a little smoother.

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
makes it go faster and in turn reduce choppiness

speakin of reduced choppiness, here's my latest animation

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
at Kid M, try making your sigs somewhere close to 375x115. Open the render file, click new, then set it to those settings I said, then copy paste the render onto the new one
i kno how 2 da that, lol. but i need lik a simple idea n fez, u never sent me da link

Roller

Smash Legend
ooo cant wait
sounds interesting
and i wana seeeeeeeee!!
You'll all see soon enough. =)

Just a few little factoids for those of you interested in the scale of this project and the time that has been put in to this, little over a minute long animation.

The animation is CURRENTLY (and this doesn't include the intro) 479 layers. It's file size is over 24 MEGABYTES, and I've spent hours and hours on it. I hope you guys enjoy it.

One little bit of info for you, there are no battles for your viewing pleasure in episode one. But expect them VERY soon.

After maybe 5 episodes I will put them together and make it a video and place it on youtube. (Maybe adding sound effects for the intro)

The series is as you know a Kingdom Hearts series, however does not follow the game storyline. It is kinda like back to the future (great movie) mentality. In that it is a seperate timeline from the games. It takes place some time after the first game...

Hope that wet your appetite a bit. I will have something to sink your teeth into soon.

Untill then, keep working hard on sigs/animations guys. A lot of you made a lot of progress just in the last day or so. :)

EDIT: Bye Mojo, I bid you a very fond farewell. And there will be a joyous celebration upon your return. Will you be able to log on occasionally during this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom