• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Advance Techniques" from Melee. Sensible or Illogical?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Wow guys, some of you are awesome, some of you are idiots, and a certain someone probably needs to seek professional help about some mental issues, lol.
Which one am I?

I'm really just too lazy to read ever revival post here. So I'm just going to say this. Smash Bros, I'm talking about all the games here, is as technical as you want it to be. I'm not talking in terms of casual play vs competitive play. I'm talking purely about competitive play character usage.

In 64 you have character like Yoshi, Ness, or even Fox on the harder to use and more technical side and then characters like Kirby or Falcon on the easier side. But I don't know much about 64, so that's as much as I can say on it.

Melee has Fox and Ice Climbers on the technical side of things. Fox also has the added addition of basically requiring you to be near perfect in the current metagame. But on the other end you have Marth, Sheik, Puff which are all considerably easier to learn tech skill wise as they only rely on the bare bones tech skill basically and one of them barely relyies on that. Then you have characters that are more in the middle of tech skill like Peach or Falco (though Falco can be considered hard, but not really from a technical perspective like Fox can).

Brawl has Ice Climbers again, along with Falco, Peach, and maybe Snake. Then you have the easy side of Marth, Diddy Kong, and MK (only in terms of tech skill for him, as everyone and their mother knows the match up and thus makes him hard to use at top to high, maybe even mid, level play). You also have deceptively easy ones like Olimar (very low tech skill, but requires precise micro management skills).

So yea. Core Smash isn't very technical, not even core Melee, it's the character usage that will make it more or less technically demanding.

Top Bottom