The adorable balloon-wearing kid heroine! Alice from Balloon Kid for Smash Ultimate!

Taigiry

Smash Journeyman
Well, well, well! Someone's been a busybody, huh? Seriously, this looks real nice! I hope to see the finished model soon!
Thank you. Also you won't have to wait long anymore, as the model is, in fact, finished by now. Right now I'm doing some basic texture work, though don't expect anything fancy, I'm still no 2d artist. It's definitely done by Sunday, if not sooner.

BTW, I can't remember if this was you, but someone was working was working on a Brawl mod that replaced... well, I can't remember what stage it was, but Pencilvania (Alice's hometown) was modded in, and it actually looked really nice. Was it you who did that, or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes, that was me. I did it back in 2014 to learn how to animate Brawl stages. I could definitely do a much better modeling job nowadays, but I don't think I'll ever remake it, sorry to say. At least not in the near future as I have other projects planned. To be exact, I have 4 specific character models planned that are of a high priority to me, some more well known than others.

Pretty intrigued by how Alice's still not been added to Smash Ultimate as a Spirit. You'd think with everything there, she'd be among the "dead"...

As morbid as this might be, I have to agree. Heck, the Nintendo Dream magazine thing I posted a while back even seems to imply that Ninty hasn't totally forgotten about her. Then again, it seems that Nintendo had a whole team to deal with Spirits, and maybe they just didn't do much research?

Thank you. Also you won't have to wait long anymore, as the model is, in fact, finished by now. Right now I'm doing some basic texture work, though don't expect anything fancy, I'm still no 2d artist. It's definitely done by Sunday, if not sooner.
Well, I still can't to see it! Heck, I'm pretty sure you'll be the first to make a 3D Alice model at all, so...

Yes, that was me. I did it back in 2014 to learn how to animate Brawl stages. I could definitely do a much better modeling job nowadays, but I don't think I'll ever remake it, sorry to say. At least not in the near future as I have other projects planned. To be exact, I have 4 specific character models planned that are of a high priority to me, some more well known than others.
Ah, OK. I thought that was you.

Taigiry

Smash Journeyman
Well, here it is, textures not yet 100% done, just some very small details missing, nothing big. I don't have much time, so I'll go into detail later.
Basically, adjusted some colors, added bloomers, buttons and the rabbit to the dress. Also some proportions were changed. If curious, there's an easy comparison on the previous page.

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Apprentice
I have wanted Balloon Fighter as a retro rep since Brawl. He is just behind Dixie Kong and Banjo Kazooie for my most wanted.

That said, Alice has the potential to bring so many unique things such as a Pencilvania stage and balance out the male heavy roster, that I’d be more than happy for her to get in.

I love me some retro characters, from well known to obscure, and one of the charms of Smash is introducing new generations to such quirky old characters. Did I know who Ice Climbers were as a kid when they were in Melee? God no. And yet I was intrigued and charmed by them nonetheless. Relevancy is a boring fan-made criteria.

So count me a supporter and may the best balloon fighter win! (Or even better, both Alice and Balloon Fighter)

I have wanted Balloon Fighter as a retro rep since Brawl. He is just behind Dixie Kong and Banjo Kazooie for my most wanted.

That said, Alice has the potential to bring so many unique things such as a Pencilvania stage and balance out the male heavy roster, that I’d be more than happy for her to get in.

I love me some retro characters, from well known to obscure, and one of the charms of Smash is introducing new generations to such quirky old characters. Did I know who Ice Climbers were as a kid when they were in Melee? God no. And yet I was intrigued and charmed by them nonetheless. Relevancy is a boring fan-made criteria.

So count me a supporter and may the best balloon fighter win! (Or even better, both Alice and Balloon Fighter)
And you're on the support list, GillyGrime GillyGrime ! Congrats!

Well, it seems we have quite a bit in common! I absolutely love Nintendo's retro/obscure characters myself, and Alice and the Balloon Fighter are no exception. In fact, part of what I adore about Smash is its tendency to introduce their more retro/obscure/off-the-wall characters to a wider audience, such as the Ice Climbers, Mr G&W, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B.

Taigiry

Smash Journeyman
Big update time. The model is now 100% done, textures and all. I shrunk the hair slightly and increased the poly count a bit compared to last time which I think makes it looks much better this way. So here it is:

And as a little joke, I did this:
An Alice inspired outfit
So that's it. Model is fully completed, including texture work (I didn't get any feedback, so I assume there's nothing to complain about). Personally, I'm kinda happy with how it turned out. Also you might have noticed I did another slight bonus by making an alternative shirt. One is a normal t-shirt, the other has puffy sleeves. The normal shirt is on most official artwork, but I didn't want to let the work I did on the other one go to waste.

Well, with Alice finished I'll be taking a short break and then move on to one of the other three characters I wanna make: Ayumi, Mach Rider or Valkyrie. I find those old and obscure (some more, some less) characters interesting and like to bring some more attention to them by making 3d model, especially when I have a personal history with them like those 3 mentioned above. But that's for another time and place.