• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I think its the first time against a Good ganondorf nou? i use him the faster i can c: haha sure, we can play today at any hour :3
and yout megaman is a big headache! haha excellent spacing! great megaman
Yeah, I'd have to say that's true. I checked off the matchup on my little notebook as something that I thought I understood... guess I have a long ways to go. :p

Anyone up for some 1v1 matches?

Edit: my doubles partner is busy.

Last edited:

Rubiks Dan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-5803-5426
2208-5803-5426

Right now I'm just hitting the random button to find a character that meshes with me but I like using Ness, Mario, Bowser, Falcon, DHD, Greninja, and Ganondorf. Not very good right now but looking to get better. If you want to play competitively, for funsies, I'm down for anything.

Last edited:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I'll play primer. Idk what a best of 7 is about but up to 21 kills is usually my cap for the session.

ARKills

Smash Cadet
NNID
sl33py1
3DS FC
0404-5541-7941
Anyone want to play best out of 3. I'm trying to improve since at the moment I'm mediocre.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Alright, time for more friendlies.
If anyone wants to 1v1, just leave a quote or something. Just need a few more minutes before starting.

Back.
I should really refresh the page first >.>

Last edited:

jahmillion415

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jamoalvarez415
3DS FC
0216-0862-2855
Hey guys my FC is 021608622855 add me and I'll add you right back so we can get smashing!

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Haha those Megaman dittos were amazing, some of the most fun I've had.
GG though, really good defensive/zoning transition to grab/offensive play by you.

Quick question though, which customs were you using for Shulk? I'm assuming I was seeing extreme arts, leaping back slash and power counter? Don't know them all but that's what it looked like.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Hi folks, anyone down for some matches? It won't be Megaman dittos fun, but it'll be something!

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Haha those Megaman dittos were amazing, some of the most fun I've had.
GG though, really good defensive/zoning transition to grab/offensive play by you.

Quick question though, which customs were you using for Shulk? I'm assuming I was seeing extreme arts, leaping back slash and power counter? Don't know them all but that's what it looked like.
Shulk's customs where Decisive Monado Arts, Back Slash Charge, normal Air Slash, and Power Vision.
Decisive Monado arts I'm split on since you can't switch out of it.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Alright, Round 2 of the day.
Who wants to play 1v1 for a bit? Just leave a quote.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I need like professional help on how to deal with the Yoshi matchup as Rosalina. It's the one character I can lose to, and have no idea on what I need to improve on. I don't have a great answer to the eggs, his wonky shield, his amazing recovery, his heavy weight...I'm just completely helpless. :(

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
^Just in time, already added you
Ggs! I really really need to do some hardcore research into this matchup. I just feel so out of my element that I'm going to need to see how the best Rosalinas in the world handle it, and then copy them.

Last edited:

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
I need like professional help on how to deal with the Yoshi matchup as Rosalina. It's the one character I can lose to, and have no idea on what I need to improve on. I don't have a great answer to the eggs, his wonky shield, his amazing recovery, his heavy weight...I'm just completely helpless. :(
Well, on the 4th game when we were playing on the Spirit Tracks stage, on the second stock I noticed you were using luma to zone and mix up your offense between it and rosalina. And to be honest..... if you had kept doing that I would have lost every single match from that point on. Yoshi is a quick character and can definitely be difficult to zone out consistently, but you were definitely doing that in that part of the match. If you can remove the amount of pressure rosalina has on her at any given time you can really frustrate and disrespect the opponent numerous times during a match. You also didn't use GP often, even when I was standing halfway across the stage. Just be more patient and FORCE the other person to come to you and zone them out with luma, that's my only real advice to you, but those were some fun games.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, whenever you were in KO range you had a tendency to roll away from me, which is why I ran past you to ground pound lots of times. Battlefield is a good counter-pick stage in that fashion since the platforms on either side protect you. Keep yoshi on the sides and use GP when he tries to cover his landing with eggs and punish accordingly

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Well, on the 4th game when we were playing on the Spirit Tracks stage, on the second stock I noticed you were using luma to zone and mix up your offense between it and rosalina. And to be honest..... if you had kept doing that I would have lost every single match from that point on. Yoshi is a quick character and can definitely be difficult to zone out consistently, but you were definitely doing that in that part of the match. If you can remove the amount of pressure rosalina has on her at any given time you can really frustrate and disrespect the opponent numerous times during a match. You also didn't use GP often, even when I was standing halfway across the stage. Just be more patient and FORCE the other person to come to you and zone them out with luma, that's my only real advice to you, but those were some fun games.
You're probably right on that front. I just need to be as patient as possible. At the end of the day, I want to play every match like I did against your Bowser. Rushdown, weave in and out, and punish moves with the appropriate response, which seems like a completely impossible strategy against Yoshi. I'll go hit up For Glory for a bit and practice zoning again. It used to be my preferred playstyle, but wanting to finish For Glory matches quicker teaches you not to. Thanks for the tips friend, sorry I rage quit out. ;p

Edit: Against most projectiles in the game, I can parry it in the air with my nair, but against Yoshi, the egg explodes on either me or luma and hits me even if it connects with a hitbox. Just comes down to a habit I need to break.

Last edited:

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
GG there Aran, that Villager was excellent. Great mix up of nairs, slingshots and axe.
Really fun to fight, hope to play you again.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Mmm... wonder what happened.
Mind hosting?
GGs, I don't know about you, but the input lag on my side was atrocious. A lot of my inputs were either really delayed or just not coming through at all :/ ah well, I like your Mega Man a lot

Top Bottom