• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

Rāteru

Banned via Warnings
Hi!
Anyone up for some 1vs1 matches with tournament-like settings (3 Stocks, 8 minutes, Battlfield, Yoshi's, etc.; Customs on/off, don't mind either) ?

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
Okay, this one's a bit of a strange one. I'm kinda looking more for a trainer/tutor if anything, someone I can learn from practically.
basically I wanna improve my reaction times and such as well as, most importantly, practice against shameless spammers. Especially those like Link. I really need to figure out how to get around 'em.

But I guess I'm open to regular battling too, even if I suck. :V

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Okay, this one's a bit of a strange one. I'm kinda looking more for a trainer/tutor if anything, someone I can learn from practically.
basically I wanna improve my reaction times and such as well as, most importantly, practice against shameless spammers. Especially those like Link. I really need to figure out how to get around 'em.

But I guess I'm open to regular battling too, even if I suck. :V
I'll play you, if I can help i'll tell you after the matches.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
I'll play you, if I can help i'll tell you after the matches.
Well, it's worth a shot, getting ready to add ya! Basically that alone'd help, sparring against someone I can count on not to be an arse and who'll give me pointers I can use afterwards. :3

I'm not sure how long I'll be on tonight (the folks like to off the net without ever warning me) so if it's alright, mind noting me at an earlier time tomorrow where I know I'll be able to keep going for a while?
Sorry, I just didn't expect an answer so fast!

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Well, it's worth a shot, getting ready to add ya! Basically that alone'd help, sparring against someone I can count on not to be an arse and who'll give me pointers I can use afterwards. :3

I'm not sure how long I'll be on tonight (the folks like to off the net without ever warning me) so if it's alright, mind noting me at an earlier time tomorrow where I know I'll be able to keep going for a while?
Sorry, I just didn't expect an answer so fast!
Oh you can't play now? Alright, I'll be sure you send you a pm tomorrow morning.

mikeball

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4511-0805-6381
hey im new to smash (with real people) and this looked like a good place to try improve, so can anyone give me a match and some pointers/help? im not really good though so dont expect too much!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
what the heck is with yoshis up air? does it retain its invincibility from the double jump?
When yoshi double jumps, he recieves heavy armor for the majority of the animation of the move. I must have done that then immediatley up-aired therefore retaining that heavy armor and hitting you in the air.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
hey im new to smash (with real people) and this looked like a good place to try improve, so can anyone give me a match and some pointers/help? im not really good though so dont expect too much!
Another bleach fan I see :)
I'll play a few, friend code under my avatar.

Last edited:

Anem

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2552-1305-6071
I main villager and sheik, I'd love to play someone better than me that can give me pointers/tips afterwards! If you'd like to play just reply

2552-1305-6071

Gokuguy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokuguy123
3DS FC
5300-9899-4196
I main villager and sheik, I'd love to play someone better than me that can give me pointers/tips afterwards! If you'd like to play just reply

2552-1305-6071
I main Yoshi, but I'd be up for playing a bit.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Good Games @ mikeball mikeball

Some tips for you:

Shulk is one of my favorite characters, and I use him a lot in for glory. One of his biggest advantages are his large-reaching hitboxes. I saw you spacing me out with forward smash, which is good, but that's not your only option. You can short hop by tapping up lightly or lightly pressing the x button. Combine this with a forward air attack or a neutral air attack the one where he spins the sword like a circle in the air. Those are my favorite moves for both getting people away from you and also applying pressure. It seems you know how the manados work which is also good, remember you can use the jump manado to help you recover when you're off the stage, I didn't use this much myself because I forget sometimes but it really helps.

As for Little Mac I rarely ever use him much, try grabbing and throwing more because I was able to shield a lot of your attacks without any punishment. Up B is something I like to do out of shield or when they are above me, dunno if this is a good option it's just what I like to do. :p Also you can combo Down A into KO punch at most percentages.

Overall try to implement those air attacks and more grabs/throws into your characters, keep playing for glory mode and soon you'll be beating me!

Last edited:

Gokuguy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokuguy123
3DS FC
5300-9899-4196
Good games Anem.

Your Villager is decent. I don't see many of those around. Your evasion game is pretty good. Your offense is pretty good as well. The main issue I found with your Villager was that you became a bit predictable overtime. It seemed like you were switching it up a bit in our final vs Yoshi and vs Charizard matches which is great. The main thing I'd suggest is to practice grabs a bit more. There were many times that you were in close on my Yoshi while I was shielded where you could've punished with a grab instead of being punished yourself for being close.

As for your Shiek, its not bad. You've got a decent offense, but your defensive game needs a bit of work with Shiek. I'd suggest using more Neutral-B when away from an opponent like Yoshi. Make them come to you and when they do, beat them in.

I look forward to playing you again sometime!

Anem

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2552-1305-6071
Good games Anem.

Your Villager is decent. I don't see many of those around. Your evasion game is pretty good. Your offense is pretty good as well. The main issue I found with your Villager was that you became a bit predictable overtime. It seemed like you were switching it up a bit in our final vs Yoshi and vs Charizard matches which is great. The main thing I'd suggest is to practice grabs a bit more. There were many times that you were in close on my Yoshi while I was shielded where you could've punished with a grab instead of being punished yourself for being close.

As for your Shiek, its not bad. You've got a decent offense, but your defensive game needs a bit of work with Shiek. I'd suggest using more Neutral-B when away from an opponent like Yoshi. Make them come to you and when they do, beat them in.

I look forward to playing you again sometime!
Thank you! Your yoshi is great and very hard to maneuver around and your charzard is very unforgiving up close. I'd love to play you again sometime!

mikeball

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4511-0805-6381
Good Games @ mikeball mikeball

Some tips for you:

Shulk is one of my favorite characters, and I use him a lot in for glory. One of his biggest advantages are his large-reaching hitboxes. I saw you spacing me out with forward smash, which is good, but that's not your only option. You can short hop by tapping up lightly or lightly pressing the x button. Combine this with a forward air attack or a neutral air attack the one where he spins the sword like a circle in the air. Those are my favorite moves for both getting people away from you and also applying pressure. It seems you know how the manados work which is also good, remember you can use the jump manado to help you recover when you're off the stage, I didn't use this much myself because I forget sometimes but it really helps.

As for Little Mac I rarely ever use him much, try grabbing and throwing more because I was able to shield a lot of your attacks without any punishment. Up B is something I like to do out of shield or when they are above me, dunno if this is a good option it's just what I like to do. :p Also you can combo Down A into KO punch at most percentages.

Overall try to implement those air attacks and more grabs/throws into your characters, keep playing for glory mode and soon you'll be beating me!
thanks man its great that your a shulk user ive only started using him yesterday and i love him the monados give so meny options (even if they can be tricky to use) that will come in usefull i find it hard to space alot with shulk, i have been maining little mac but as fun as he is, he gets a bit stale after a bit so i was thinking of switching to shulk, but yea i do really need to grab more i just haven't had much practice with it and often mistime them (blame wiimote brawl) and the problem with littles mac up b is that it leaves a huge opening if i miss time it, and yea the a combo is good i just never remember it. but thanks youve been a big help, now to training! :p

HYP3R

Smash Lord
thanks man its great that your a shulk user ive only started using him yesterday and i love him the monados give so meny options (even if they can be tricky to use) that will come in usefull i find it hard to space alot with shulk, i have been maining little mac but as fun as he is, he gets a bit stale after a bit so i was thinking of switching to shulk, but yea i do really need to grab more i just haven't had much practice with it and often mistime them (blame wiimote brawl) and the problem with littles mac up b is that it leaves a huge opening if i miss time it, and yea the a combo is good i just never remember it. but thanks youve been a big help, now to training! :p
Yeah keep practicing if you need more help with shulk just shoot me a pm :)

Top Bottom