• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
GGs man. Great Yoshi, I always have trouble with Yoshi mains, yours was no different. As you can see Battlefield is the one thing that keeps me a float haha
Yeah, that trade at the end was pretty funny. I guess you really shouldn't ever challenge Raptor boost, at least not with your face.

I did notice that you grab released me a lot of times. Was that some kind of intentional setup, or were you just pummeling too many times? I literally know nothing about Falcon in this game besides that Raptor Boost is a kill move now.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Yeah, that trade at the end was pretty funny. I guess you really shouldn't ever challenge Raptor boost, at least not with your face.

I did notice that you grab released me a lot of times. Was that some kind of intentional setup, or were you just pummeling too many times? I literally know nothing about Falcon in this game besides that Raptor Boost is a kill move now.
Intentional in my game. I try to get it near the edge, but Yoshi's recovery actually is too good for my combo. Its usually
Dash grab near edge>pummel until release>utilt meteor for a solid stock. Not many see it coming. I usually only down throw when I'm in the middle of the stage to rack damage.

Yeah the end trade was crazy. I actually thought it was me who got killed because of Yoshi's killer priority. Was hyped to see Falcon flailing around mid air in slow mo hahaha

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Intentional in my game. I try to get it near the edge, but Yoshi's recovery actually is too good for my combo. Its usually
Dash grab near edge>pummel until release>utilt meteor for a solid stock. Not many see it coming. I usually only down throw when I'm in the middle of the stage to rack damage.
I definitely didn't know that UTilt was a meteor now, but after the second or third grab released I figured you were trying something so I just got out there as quickly as possible.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Okay, that Pikachu player seems to have vanished. Does anyone else want to do 1 on 1s?

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Still here if you're down, I'm all set
GGs man. The Falcon dittos were fun, and your clutch win on battlefield with Peach was nice to see. Wished you would have stayed her for one more!

Raptor Boost being a kill has made me so much more viable even in Falcon dittos. The mix up off my dash grabs gets me ALL the wins :p

Last edited:

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Creating room now.

I guess it's Falcon night for me. This is already 2 more Falcons than I've seen on For Glory in... ever.
Its glorious not having to spank people in Falcon dittos all the time since people don't think he's viable hahah Justice has a solid Falcon too with a different look than what I bring. Should be fun to find out how it goes.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
GGs man. The Falcon dittos were fun, and your clutch win on battlefield with Peach was nice to see. Wished you would have stayed her for one more!

Raptor Boost being a kill has made me so much more viable even in Falcon dittos. The mix up off my dash grabs gets me ALL the wins :p
Ggs, and thanks! I was going to, but I've been play Falcon so much lately that I was trying to avoid getting sucked back into playing Peach.

And duly noted, I'll keep that in mind. NICE KNEE btw!

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Ggs, and thanks! I was going to, but I've been play Falcon so much lately that I was trying to avoid getting sucked back into playing Peach.

And duly noted, I'll keep that in mind. NICE KNEE btw!
I've gotten WAY better at timing the Knee recently, so i appreciate that. I literally picked up Falcon from scratch about a week into this game after never using him. So being able to figure everything out like this is great. You played a nice Falcon, but if you take one thing away from my play style it should be bring that jab like Mayweather. No one sees it coming and you can pop off for like 20%. nice play tho!

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
GGs. Those SDs at the beginning of the set were hilarious, you can tell I spent the last two days working on my Divekick guide. You have to recover in this game?

Incidentally, you should never be getting hit by Yoshi Dthrow to UpAir, it's escapable, unless Falcon falls so fast that he's one of the few people who can't get out by holding up. If that is a true combo vs Falcon, that matchup is likely 6-4.

Last edited:

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
GGs. Those SDs at the beginning of the set were hilarious, you can tell I spent the last two days working on my Divekick guide. You have to recover in this game?

Incidentally, you should never be getting hit by Yoshi Dthrow to UpAir, it's escapable, unless Falcon falls so fast that he's one of the few people who can't get out by holding up. If that is a true combo vs Falcon, that matchup is likely 6-4.
Ggs, was a lot of fun!

Yeah those UpAirs were wicked. I wanted to save that replay of the match where we traded just outside of the blast line, but I totally forgot!

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846

I want to say that Falcon can easily move out of the range of it if you know its coming. Also, Up or Side B should move you out of the way of it since I don't think the stun is long enough for Falcon to not get it. Yoshi is still a disgusting matchup either way for us

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I want to say that Falcon can easily move out of the range of it if you know its coming. Also, Up or Side B should move you out of the way of it since I don't think the stun is long enough for Falcon to not get it.
Most characters can just hold up and jump to get out. If Falcon does have to go to the side, that means there's a VI mixup on him between that and forward / back throw, if you try to escape towards Yoshi he could probably up air.

Yeah those UpAirs were wicked. I wanted to save that replay of the match where we traded just outside of the blast line, but I totally forgot!
I did save a replay of that one match where I got two spikes in a row, lol. Yoshi had to get revenge after you exposed my Pac-Man. I sense Pac-Man vs Falcon is a bad matchup, I have no time to set up traps because he just immediately gets in your face.

Last edited:
Top Bottom