• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

D

Deleted member 269706

It's possible, but not in the current way I add songs and use song titles. Remember, that name data is stored in the character select screen file. So when your match is loading or you are doing a salty runback or something, the character select screen data might not be in the RAM anymore and the name of the song that is about to be played is nowhere to be found. The workaround to this would be to move the ASCII music file name data to somewhere in the DOL, but I would rather have that DOL space available for codes.
No worries, I was just wondering if it's a possibillity, obviously not a high priority though, might try messing around with it myself see if I can figure anything out. Anyways, thanks for the reply, keep up the good work.

oztric

Smash Rookie
This has probably been asked but are there plans to add some of the cool new stuff in 20XX:TE? If the Achilles pack had match recording, input display, better name entry, ect. I would finally feel comfortable just using a single hack pack. Right now I'm conflicted as TE is better for playing with friends and Achilles pack is better for solo training.

SuperColom64

Smash Rookie
Holding/pressing down on the d-pad on the SSS doesn't change anything, I've tried holding d-pad down during stage select and then pressing "start" to go to stage select but that just takes me to the rumble options. Help?

EDIT: Nvm fixed it!

Last edited:

HoRnZ

Smash Apprentice
Im having troubles toggling the PAL characters.. If I press R on for example Fox I only get a yellow costume. The borders also stay black not like in the tutorial where its light blue and its still NTSC mechanics. What am I doing wrong? :x

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Im having troubles toggling the PAL characters.. If I press R on for example Fox I only get a yellow costume. The borders also stay black not like in the tutorial where its light blue and its still NTSC mechanics. What am I doing wrong? :x
There can only be one color present in the borders. I believe light blue is for SDRemix character.

HoRnZ

Smash Apprentice
There can only be one color present in the borders. I believe light blue is for SDRemix character.
ok what is a SDRemix character? how exactly do I toggle PAL characters? :/

It says in the OP guide if I hover over the character and press R it will change to yellow with a light blue border, indicating that PAL is on, but I only get the yellow background without that blue border and characters are still NTSC D:

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
ok what is a SDRemix character? how exactly do I toggle PAL characters? :/

It says in the OP guide if I hover over the character and press R it will change to yellow with a light blue border, indicating that PAL is on, but I only get the yellow background without that blue border and characters are still NTSC D:
Yeah, uhm... OP guide is for the 3.02 version.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
I would really like to be able to use frame counter without any other characters on the screen. Maybe there is a way to get just the on screen % display for the four characters to use for output, or maybe the output could move to the magus physics numbers? Or the in game timer as imo the frame counter could go up to 99 and be just as functional.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I would really like to be able to use frame counter without any other characters on the screen. Maybe there is a way to get just the on screen % display for the four characters to use for output, or maybe the output could move to the magus physics numbers? Or the in game timer as imo the frame counter could go up to 99 and be just as functional.
Yeah I got you. Just need to get around to rewriting it.

Capture.PNG

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
I love 20xx Keep up the good work! It is making me a better player every day c:

The Smash God

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheZeldaNerd64
3DS FC
3969-5330-1671
You can't:
- Get your Melee ISO
- Patch it using the xdelta patcher
- Launch Nintendont from the homebrew channel
??

(i.e. there's a crapton of guides on this. hell I even wrote one)
Thank you for answering I guess I'll just stick to the Tournament Edition as it's been helping me get better at Melee

dorito dog princess

Smash Rookie
is there any information on the alternate costume codes for 4.0b? i'd like to add the R and L alt skins to a vanilla melee mod, or at least be able to change the custom skins in 4.0b

dorito dog princess

Smash Rookie
uhh, thanks, but i already know about this and how to do it. but don't i need to know where the alternate costumes (the ones used by pressing R or L at the CSS) are located so that i can overwrite them? also is there a way of getting this alternate costume feature into a copy of vanilla melee?

Foxco

Smash Cadet
uhh, thanks, but i already know about this and how to do it. but don't i need to know where the alternate costumes (the ones used by pressing R or L at the CSS) are located so that i can overwrite them? also is there a way of getting this alternate costume feature into a copy of vanilla melee?
The new version shows which ones are the L and R alternate skins so you can overwrite them.

Doq

Smash Lord
PlChCl.lat and .rat respectively, replacing Ch with the character and Cl with the color, of course.

http://smashboards.com/threads/fixed-toggleable-alternate-character-textures.386137/

Y-L

Smash Champion
Achilles has already pretty much written his AI changes, and his system is intended to be configurable for training as opposed to a player. So, doubtful.
The thing that's nice about it is AI not SDing (fox will always SD recovering below battlefield) and also utilizing firefox/bird sweetspot or side b for recovery. I would say that's beneficial for training (learning to edgeguard)

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
The thing that's nice about it is AI not SDing (fox will always SD recovering below battlefield) and also utilizing firefox/bird sweetspot or side b for recovery. I would say that's beneficial for training (learning to edgeguard)
I don't think Achilles has provided enough information about what he's added yet to make that judgement call.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
That project isn't done yet and will only work with dolphin on a computer running Mac or Linux (maybe Windows if added recently). It also doesn't run in dolphin, its a third party prorgan that feeds dolphin inputs. It won't work on a game cube or Wii yet or for a looong time.

Edit- oooh **** I'm so wrong NM sorry. Still, his codes are probably close to what they have working in the ISO version. Maybe. Damn. So worng.

Last edited:

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
Hi. Im sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to change the Alternate skins instead of the default ones? I already know how to change default skins to other downloaded skins, but would prefer in some cases to change the alternate skin that comes with 20xx.
Thanks.

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
Oh, sorry for wasting your time, i shouldve looked harder. I didnt see that little comment there. Im using the 4.02 version, so imma go into the files and try to see if i can see which are the L and R ones. Thanks a lot

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
Oh i see, each skin is in .dat, .lat and .rat. Changing the extension of one of the downloaded skins for either .lat or .rat should be enough and work, right?

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
yea man. but make sure you use the right color. like even with the alternative costumes, it still has to be neutral colored, or blue, etc.

BirdmanJR

Smash Cadet
I think it would be cool if there were an option for the CPU to slightly favor the last option that it did. Like for instance once it tech rolled to the right it was a bit more likely percentage wise to do that again the next time opposed to other options. That way the player could at least getting used to watching/remembering the option that was done and tending to watch for that to cover it a bit instead of complete randomness. Of course just would be an option because theres definitely more benefits to completely random so you dont get bad habits. But personally this option would be helpful for me.

Nik4711

Smash Rookie
I think it would be cool if there were an option for the CPU to slightly favor the last option that it did. Like for instance once it tech rolled to the right it was a bit more likely percentage wise to do that again the next time opposed to other options. That way the player could at least getting used to watching/remembering the option that was done and tending to watch for that to cover it a bit instead of complete randomness. Of course just would be an option because theres definitely more benefits to completely random so you dont get bad habits. But personally this option would be helpful for me.
Yeah I think the random teching forces you to play on reaction, and that is better for training. I understand how your suggestion would allow for adapting vs a CPU, but I think since only one option is available, I prefer the way it is now.

Top Bottom