• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
Is starting an empty game with no CPU not in 4.0 ? it used to be change the game to timer and hit right on the dpad

that wont work now

Kem0therapy

Smash Rookie
I tried force pal 50 and 60 on 20xx on a pal wii. I've tried it on nintendont, usbx loader and one where i can't remember the name from. When i try force pal i get a black screen with all loaders.
You likely got an ntsc crt or your wii is actually ntsc, but it is probably because the 20xx iso is ntsc. For instance, i tried running silly melee (which is pal apparantly) on my ntsc wii and crt, and it is in black and white unless i force ntsc. I recommend trying other crt's.

Last edited:

IcefireD

Smash Rookie
I NEED HELP

I have the newest version, installed using 20XX 4.0 Beta04 Creator. Some commands work, like showing hitboxes and save states with the dpad. If I try to make a Falco SHL, he will just stand still and do nothing from that point until i reset the match. This is the same for any character and any command. Help plz.

Doq

Smash Lord
I NEED HELP

I have the newest version, installed using 20XX 4.0 Beta04 Creator. Some commands work, like showing hitboxes and save states with the dpad. If I try to make a Falco SHL, he will just stand still and do nothing from that point until i reset the match. This is the same for any character and any command. Help plz.
CPU code is not in 4.0 any version.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
U likely got an ntsc crt OR ur wii is actually ntsc. EDIT: actually, i believe it is because the 20xx iso is ntsc. for instance, i tried running silly melee (which is pal apparantly) on my ntsc wii and crt, and it is in black and white
The region of the Wii doesn't matter; they're are all functionally the same but for region locking. Region locking prevents out-of-region games from being played at all, so it's not the problem here. It's a problem with the TV, but I don't know why it wouldn't be fixed by forcing PAL60.

I tried force pal 50 and 60 on 20xx on a pal wii. I've tried it on nintendont, usbx loader and one where i can't remember the name from. When i try force pal i get a black screen with all loaders.
I was able to get mine to work using WiiFlow with DIOS MIOS. If using one or both of those doesn't work for you then I don't know what else to suggest.

I NEED HELP

Read the FAQs.

Last edited:

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Same. You can avoid a complete failure by spamming ok and b.
Maybe I'm missing something but it crashes whenever I go to the color overlay settings.
Pictures:
Action State Overlay Invalid Read
All errors in order:
from 0x99999900, PC = 0x80302ce8
from 0x30322e64, PC = 0x80344024
0x56693136 0x80344040
0x10000036 0x80302128

Wavedash Overlays Invalid Read
All errors in order:
0x57415645 0x80302ce8
0x5320282b 0x80302ce8
0x504c4159 0x80302ce8
0x203a003c 0x80302ce8
0x57415645 0x80302ce8
#2 - 5 repeat loop

Last edited:

Takuya Arima

Smash Rookie
can anyone help me with the ingame toggles? they dont seem to work i was wondering if it has to do with a file missing?
There's a note right at the top of the page that says:

Note: In-game CPU toggles have not been added back to version 4.0 yet. If the button combination has been performed in-game, the CPU will just stand in place doing nothing.

Last edited:

neophyte_DQT

Smash Rookie
does anyone have a 20XX 3.02 save file that has all stages unlocked? asking because I would like to be able to force alternate music / have Menu 2 music play.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
does anyone have a 20XX 3.02 save file that has all stages unlocked? asking because I would like to be able to force alternate music / have Menu 2 music play.

Last edited:

jacob91

Smash Cadet
Can anyone explain why it is that Falco's Shine behaves like foxes and his dair knocks opponents more horizontally than downward? It makes it really difficult and pointless to practice with him like that.

Stride

Smash Ace
Can anyone explain why it is that Falco's Shine behaves like foxes and his dair knocks opponents more horizontally than downward? It makes it really difficult and pointless to practice with him like that.
You've accidentally toggled on the alternate version of that character (D-pad left on the character select screen; normally it's for SD remix characters but Falco is the same in SD remix so he gets this instead); you can tell when you have because the character portrait background is a different colour, and also there's a sound effect when you toggle it on.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
You've accidentally toggled on the alternate version of that character (D-pad left on the character select screen; normally it's for SD remix characters but Falco is the same in SD remix so he gets this instead); you can tell when you have because the character portrait background is a different colour, and also there's a sound effect when you toggle it on.
I'm pretty sure that has happened to me too and I didn't toggle SD Remix Falco (nor PAL).

Malcolm Pickering

Smash Cadet
sorry if this is a really dumb question, but how DO you get the cpu commands to work? At the top of this thread it says "Note: In-game CPU toggles have not been added back to version 4.0 yet. If the button combination has been performed in-game, the CPU will just stand in place doing nothing." which is exactly what is happening to me

Stride

Smash Ace
sorry if this is a really dumb question, but how DO you get the cpu commands to work? At the top of this thread it says "Note: In-game CPU toggles have not been added back to version 4.0 yet. If the button combination has been performed in-game, the CPU will just stand in place doing nothing." which is exactly what is happening to me
It means exactly what it says. They're not in the game; you can't get them to work. Use version 3.02 if you want them.

Last edited:

CrazyFabiO

Smash Rookie
I cant get Beta04 working on my PAL CRT TV Screen with my Wii. Neither with forcing PAL50 or PAL60, nor with Nintendont or DIOS MIOS. Only forcing NTSC works, but with no color then.
I also tried it out with my LCD TV, and its the same thing, only NTSC (480i) over SCART respectively NTSC 480p over Component works. I even tried out changing the game id to be PAL, but no success either.

The only thing that is working with forcing PAL is the creation of a savegame with Melee. Although then it freezes at the screen where it says savegame creation was successfull. If i reset the wii, i only get a black screen with further attempt at PAL. So I guess it has something to do with the code of 20xx beta04 then.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I cant get Beta04 working on my PAL CRT TV Screen with my Wii. Neither with forcing PAL50 or PAL60, nor with Nintendont or DIOS MIOS. Only forcing NTSC works, but with no color then.
I also tried it out with my LCD TV, and its the same thing, only NTSC (480i) over SCART respectively NTSC 480p over Component works. I even tried out changing the game id to be PAL, but no success either.

The only thing that is working with forcing PAL is the creation of a savegame with Melee. Although then it freezes at the screen where it says savegame creation was successfull. If i reset the wii, i only get a black screen with further attempt at PAL. So I guess it has something to do with the code of 20xx beta04 then.
Try an USB Loader.

JHar

Smash Rookie
Beta04 works, but I'd rather play with CPU commands. The version before, however, doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing? Is the setup between the two different? (I'm loading it with nintendont on a homebrew hacked wii if it makes a difference)

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet

Doq

Smash Lord
OK, but the final release will also be for PAL, right?
Probably not.

People keep asking for a PAL release because forcing NTSC requires a specific kind of TV.

What they don't realize is that PAL is a whole 'nother beast entirely. As 20XXHP is a really (REALLY) large mod, it would take twice as long as the entire course of development to port it to PAL Melee, roughly, give or take a half-as-long.

That said, there may not ever be a native-PAL release.

Last edited:

Steps_

Smash Rookie
I have a stupid question. I'm running 20XX on Dios Mios using USB Loader GX. My GC memory card has vanilla melee save data on it. If I use this memory card for 20XX, will it work or corrupt the vanilla melee data in any way?

BasiltheBatLord

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been asked about already but none of the stage texture hacks seem to be working except for Battlefield's. Is that intended?

Top Bottom