• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Tournament mode seems to be broken, can't start a match. Plz fix.
He surely placed custom codes in place of a Tournament Mode function, so I'm certain it's not possible to fix it. you could use a vanilla Melee instead.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
@achilles1515 I don't know if you can do it, but I think lots of players that don't have the chance to practice with human spacie players (including me) would benefit from a slight improvement on the AI's spacies recovery.
Do you think you can make it do forward B's at various timings, and maybe improve their uB's as well? (like doing an uB over the edge and angle it down towards the edge, or randomly going straight towards the stage, etc.)

I realize it might take a lot of work and I remember you said you weren't going to bother too much with how the AI works, but I've also tried to find a way to practice edgeguarding with the current features and I couldn't come up with anything useful :(

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered in the last few pages. I've checked a bit, but didn't go through the whole thread
@achilles1515 is this possible? D:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Why does switching to the alt stage select screen load its own different set of random stages? And why can't i customize them anymore? Every time I edit them, switch to the normal stage select, then switch back to alt again, they get reset to what they were before the most recent edit.

I tried exiting the exit screen with B, start, lra start and the reset button. Even when it says "saving" that doesn't seem to matter
This isn't a bug. Every time you switch SSS the random stage select gets reset to the default for that SSS. The default SSS's random stage select is just the 6 legal stages and the hacked SSS's includes a handful of the hacked stages. I don't know how this will work in 4.0.
Well, I was right, except for the "bug" thing because it shouldn't happen.

Gosu~

Smash Rookie
For some reason, I can't get my CPU to spam an action. I am doing L+R+DPad Up, and the game recognizes that when the CPU/P2 is tinted lightly. However, the tint stays there and the CPU/P2 stands still until I disable it with L+R+DPad Down...

Of the codes I tried, this is the only one that isnt working :(

OK! I tried again and it works on Marth but it doesn't work on Falco....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
For some reason, I can't get my CPU to spam an action. I am doing L+R+DPad Up, and the game recognizes that when the CPU/P2 is tinted lightly. However, the tint stays there and the CPU/P2 stands still until I disable it with L+R+DPad Down...

Of the codes I tried, this is the only one that isnt working :(

OK! I tried again and it works on Marth but it doesn't work on Falco....
Did you read and follow the instructions in the main post correctly?

Gosu~

Smash Rookie
Did you read and follow the instructions in the main post correctly?
There's nothing in the main post that suggests falco and fox cant action spam, infact he uses falco for an example in tech practice.

I've looked around too to see if others had the same problem because I can't get Falco to spam jab, tilts, downsmashes, or any of his B moves.
I've tried on Pikachu and Fox and they dont spam either. Marth is the only one I know it works for.

sciencerob

Smash Rookie
NNID
sciencerob
3DS FC
0619-4703-6966
So I have my dolphin version working just fine. Recently installed it on a freind's Wii (have done this before) and its acting odd. The first night we played for about 4-5 hours, worked fine throughout the entire night. Next day it started having intermittent errors.

Homebrew Wii version SD card.

Sometimes it will freeze on the dios mios loader (after selecting 20xx iso before green flash). I've seen it freeze after the flash where the screen is black. Also freezes occasionally in game with the gamecube error message popping up (Only tried versus so far so its not a trophy thing). Without trying to recreate the message it says somethign roughly like "an error has occured. Please hold down the power button....." and so on.

I just don't understand why it would work fine the first night and then now act up.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
So I have my dolphin version working just fine. Recently installed it on a freind's Wii (have done this before) and its acting odd. The first night we played for about 4-5 hours, worked fine throughout the entire night. Next day it started having intermittent errors.

Homebrew Wii version SD card.

Sometimes it will freeze on the dios mios loader (after selecting 20xx iso before green flash). I've seen it freeze after the flash where the screen is black. Also freezes occasionally in game with the gamecube error message popping up (Only tried versus so far so its not a trophy thing). Without trying to recreate the message it says somethign roughly like "an error has occured. Please hold down the power button....." and so on.

I just don't understand why it would work fine the first night and then now act up.
DIOS MIOS is outdated, deprecated, and IMO Achilles should mark it as unsupported.
Nintendont is the best way to load 20XX.

Having the CPU grab you would allow you to be able to mash out at a wide range of frames versus wobbling where it's just every couple of frames.
There is no mash out window for wobbling. At all. That's why it's so controversial.
Unless you're talking about being grabbed at a super low percent, and mashing before they even get a pummel in.

Last edited:

sciencerob

Smash Rookie
NNID
sciencerob
3DS FC
0619-4703-6966
Okay... well i don't see a guide from non-homebrew to 20xx besides that first one as the recommended one... so which one would be the recommended one now then?

toastybacon

Smash Rookie
I'm really enjoying the 20XX training mod, but the save state system is kind of annoying. Is there any way of removing this functionality from the mod completely since there is no option in debug other than remove all shortcuts? Modifying hex or something right? I'm just tired of the game crashing due to accidental save state shenanigans and having to due a full shutdown of the Wii.

I feel like something that the mod creators know is so unstable and can cause crashes would have an on/off in the debug menu.

Last edited:

Musanis

Smash Rookie
I have 20xx 2.06, and i was wondering if top tier (spacies, marth, jigglypuff, captain falcon, shiek, peach) lvl 9 bots were good to practice on. If not, what should i be practicing on?

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Level 9 are not good practice, since they have unnatural behaviors(lightning fast reflexes but still pretty dumb, predictable pattern that will make you take bad habbits etc)

Use cpu only as lvl 1 doll to practice your combo game(For exemple : If you play marth, play against a lvl 1 ganon on battlefield, 99 stock, and combo him, trying to get a feel for your spacing etc)
Or set up a lvl 9 cpu but don't even try to attack him, just weave in and out of his "zone", get as close as you can and evade or counter with the apropriate move(falcon's nair beat fox's nair if timed correctly)
Just work on your movement and knowledge of hitboxes by avoiding being hit for the longest time possible

You can also train reaction techchase if you're playing sheik or falcon(using the gravy guide for exemple)

Or set the cpu to grab out of shield to practice good shield pressure as a spacie

Cpu are to be used as doll for specific task but don't try to "mimic" a real match, you'll only get bad habbits since they are doind thing no human would do.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I use the vs mode player flags (only in 3.03) to make P2's AI mode the "stand" from training mode. Works really well.

Dinowaffles

Smash Cadet
This might be a dumb question but will adding custom music/stage texture mess up anything in 20XX?

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey apparently I added too much custom music to the game. I got some error saying "file too large" or something like that. Is there anyway to expand the size of an ISO? Also note, I didn't add anything extra, I only replaced the default files.

Also I know it's probably already been pointed out but the formatting of the OP is all messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Hey apparently I added too much custom music to the game. I got some error saying "file too large" or something like that. Is there anyway to expand the size of an ISO? Also note, I didn't add anything extra, I only replaced the default files.

Also I know it's probably already been pointed out but the formatting of the OP is all messed up.
One solution to have is to replace the two big movies (15 mins special and the introduction) with a 1 second clip. You can find them by searching a little on the forum.

OnStrings

Smash Rookie
I have sort of a generic texture-hacking question. I get that the originals and the new costumes have two different files. When I go into the Official Melee Texture Hacking Thread and download a texture, they give the file with the filename of the original, as if I was going to replace the original. I only want to replace the new costume; is simply changing the filename to the name of the new costume (as listed above) enough? [I don't want to replace the default skin, only the alternate costume]

Can textures be put in any color? Like, if I took a texture from "green" and renamed it to be a blue texture. Pretty sure this shouldn't be an issue.

How would I go about creating additional options for alternate costumes? Ex. Peach only has white and blue options, and I want to add alt's for other colors too

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
I have sort of a generic texture-hacking question. I get that the originals and the new costumes have two different files. When I go into the Official Melee Texture Hacking Thread and download a texture, they give the file with the filename of the original, as if I was going to replace the original. I only want to replace the new costume; is simply changing the filename to the name of the new costume (as listed above) enough? [I don't want to replace the default skin, only the alternate costume]

Can textures be put in any color? Like, if I took a texture from "green" and renamed it to be a blue texture. Pretty sure this shouldn't be an issue.

How would I go about creating additional options for alternate costumes? Ex. Peach only has white and blue options, and I want to add alt's for other colors too
They give you the name of the texture that it was made to replace. Unfortunately, textures are _not_ swappable. You cannot take a green texture and put it in the blue slot, it will crash. The texture is made for a certain color. Ithink you can safely assume however, that the alts are made for the same color as the main. So if you wanted to change the alt red to something, just use a costume made for red.

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
It's part of the normal debug menu in Melee when set to Master. It's X and Dpad down, I think..
I want the code for screenshots without having to go through debug or using 20xx. Strangely 20xx used to work on dolphin but recently it just crashes it for me.

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
I was looking at the legit Melee Debug Menu, and I saw tons of cool and really advanced options. Is there a way I can access this menu in 20xx, while keeping the 20xx debug menu?

Bug: In 20xx, the CPUs will randomly stop moving.

I was playing 20xx today, and randomly the CPU stopped moving. I thought that was weird and restarted the game, but the CPU will still randomly stand still indefinitely. Whenever I throw a CPU off stage, it never uses its up-b. It will sometimes decide to start attacking me, but then it will randomly stop moving again.

I turned off all the CPU controller commands, and every other CPU command I could find, but it keeps happening. I Googled it (for 20 minutes and to no avail) and I couldn't find anybody else whose CPUs would randomly not moving/attacking/recovering, and then start again.

Not even the P1 Choose P2 Action thing works.

Edit: PORT 2 CONTROLLER MUST BE SPOOFED! That fixed it for me.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I was looking at the legit Melee Debug Menu, and I saw tons of cool and really advanced options. Is there a way I can access this menu in 20xx, while keeping the 20xx debug menu?

Bug: In 20xx, the CPUs will randomly stop moving.

I was playing 20xx today, and randomly the CPU stopped moving. I thought that was weird and restarted the game, but the CPU will still randomly stand still indefinitely. Whenever I throw a CPU off stage, it never uses its up-b. It will sometimes decide to start attacking me, but then it will randomly stop moving again.

I turned off all the CPU controller commands, and every other CPU command I could find, but it keeps happening. I Googled it (for 20 minutes and to no avail) and I couldn't find anybody else whose CPUs would randomly not moving/attacking/recovering, and then start again.

Not even the P1 Choose P2 Action thing works.

Edit: PORT 2 CONTROLLER MUST BE SPOOFED! That fixed it for me.
@ Debug menu: No. The 20XX Debug Menu replaced the vMelee one.

@ CPU issue: Just use a different slot for CPU. I always use P4.

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
@ Debug menu: No. The 20XX Debug Menu replaced the vMelee one.

@ CPU issue: Just use a different slot for CPU. I always use P4.
Is there any way to add the Melee one back? Why did Achilles remove it?

Also, is there a way to save the changes made in the debug menu? 20xx won't save the setting to disable tap jump

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Is there any way to add the Melee one back? Why did Achilles remove it?

Also, is there a way to save the changes made in the debug menu? 20xx won't save the setting to disable tap jump
As far as I know, he didn't remove it, he replaced it. Space in the ISO is very precious so if he's planning on adding a whole new one why leave the old one there to just take up space?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
About 8 months since the last update. When will we see the next one?
What will it hold? I cannot wait

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
As far as I know, he didn't remove it, he replaced it. Space in the ISO is very precious so if he's planning on adding a whole new one why leave the old one there to just take up space?
That's another question I have. Why is space precious? It makes sense if you're doing it on a GameCube, or burning a DVD, but why on a USB drive? I mean, Project M is >8 GBs (when not using WBFS). Does the Wii do some kind of check to make sure it's below a certain size? Is the GameCube emulator on the Wii not able to run games that are bigger than the maximum GameCube game size?

ethn

Smash Rookie
i don't know if this is the right thread, but I can't find the gameplay codes menu. Whenever i go to the debug menu, I ended up at the menu with versus code> and then publicity and stuff like that. Some 20xx features also are not working, like the random DI, which I'm trying to figure out. If anyone could help that'd be great. Thanks.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
That's another question I have. Why is space precious? It makes sense if you're doing it on a GameCube, or burning a DVD, but why on a USB drive? I mean, Project M is >8 GBs (when not using WBFS). Does the Wii do some kind of check to make sure it's below a certain size?
Yeah, the gamecube game ISO's can't go above a specific amount of data, so people go out of their way to make room for things like gecko codes by removing/replacing stuff like long video files that don't need to be there. The more space available the more room to work with.

Is the GameCube emulator on the Wii not able to run games that are bigger than the maximum GameCube game size?
The Wii doesn't actually emulate the gamecube side as far as I'm aware but, yeah, it won't allow changing of the game size. There might be a way to change that but I'm not sure of the actual technicalities of that. Anyone who actually knows something about this wanna chime in and make me look like a fool pls? : D

i don't know if this is the right thread, but I can't find the gameplay codes menu. Whenever i go to the debug menu, I ended up at the menu with versus code> and then publicity and stuff like that. Some 20xx features also are not working, like the random DI, which I'm trying to figure out. If anyone could help that'd be great. Thanks.
Make sure that the spoof controller port 2 code is turned on. It only works by sending inputs through P2's fake controller so it has to be on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom