• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Love your Melee hacking proyect man, I´ve been using it for a long time, and encourage some of my friends to try it out, it helps bring back the Melee scene around here :)

Just wanted to know:
Is there a bug reporting thread or something? I would like to help if it's possible and I´m sure other people can help as well :)
Ohh and are you planning to bring some of the new features Salvato has brought to his new proyect? maybe for a future update? :)

Cpt.Love

Smash Cadet
have you tried pausing with start and then frame advance with Z?
The freeze toggle doesn't work when you go frame by frame in Develop mode

EDIT: BUT if you USE start in develop mode you can resynch when marth will freeze instead of constantly getting the wrong frames... so yeah use the spam thing, then set marth to frame 3 or something and freeze him after unpausing the game

Last edited:

AndySSBM

Smash Cadet
Is there a way I can rip the blue PS but add transformations relatively painlessly?

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Is there a way I can rip the blue PS but add transformations relatively painlessly?
Blue ps is its own stage file, transformations aren't in the main file.
I'm not sure how Achilles set it up, but I have a pretty good guess (When somebody selects the blue icon on the SSS, he just loads the Japanese Stadium, which is actually just an English Blue one, and runs codes to turn off the transformations when selected). If this is the case, the blue Pokemon Stadium should just be GrPs.dat in your ISO. Just take that out and that will be your file.

CeLL

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how Achilles set it up, but I have a pretty good guess (When somebody selects the blue icon on the SSS, he just loads the Japanese Stadium, which is actually just an English Blue one, and runs codes to turn off the transformations when selected). If this is the case, the blue Pokemon Stadium should just be GrPs.dat in your ISO. Just take that out and that will be your file.
Yeah GrPs.dat is blue and when you choose the blue icon it loads the stage ID for the Jigglypuff Live event which doesn't have transformations and changes the name of Stadium's file in RAM to GrPs.dat from GrPs.usd, iirc

Midwest Holiday

Holiday
OK so can someone please help me with this, I have downloaded and installed the 3.02 20xx file replacements and did everything I needed to do to apply it to a melee I so, when I load it up it appears to have everything I would expect, but I noticed my debug menu is using the the blue background with white text, I do not have all of the alternative costumes listed in the description, and I do not have the PAL character option. I do have the "20xx" written on a non selected character panel, I do have all of the customized stages listed in the description. The thing is i don't know why I have an older version because I have now attempted downloading and insinstalling the 3.02 file replacement folder 3 times now. I made sure each time I was using the 3.02 files. I am at a loss for what to do. Can someone please help me? If it helps I am running nintendont off of my Wii, it is the most up to date nintendont out as of now. PLEASW HELP

CeLL

Smash Lord
OK so can someone please help me with this, I have downloaded and installed the 3.02 20xx file replacements and did everything I needed to do to apply it to a melee I so, when I load it up it appears to have everything I would expect, but I noticed my debug menu is using the the blue background with white text, I do not have all of the alternative costumes listed in the description, and I do not have the PAL character option. I do have the "20xx" written on a non selected character panel, I do have all of the customized stages listed in the description. The thing is i don't know why I have an older version because I have now attempted downloading and insinstalling the 3.02 file replacement folder 3 times now. I made sure each time I was using the 3.02 files. I am at a loss for what to do. Can someone please help me? If it helps I am running nintendont off of my Wii, it is the most up to date nintendont out as of now. PLEASW HELP
Check the FAQ

CeLL

Smash Lord
I did, I don't know what to do. I mean I made sure I was using the 3.02 files. Is there anythihg you could think of that is causing this problem for me?
• The game is unmodified apart from menu textures (i.e. all features are missing; no debug menu, no automatically unlocked stages/characters, no C-stick in single player mode, etc.).
◦ Caused by "Start.dol" not being placed in the "&&systemdata" folder when compiling the .iso.

◦ When copying the 20XX files in the "File Replacements" folder into the decompiled .iso, everything in that folder should be placed in root except for "Start.dol", which should be placed in "&&systemdata" instead.​

CeLL

Smash Lord
No no its modified, it has the custom stages, it has some alternative outfits but very few, and it has a lot if the basic 20xx features. Also I did put the start.dol into the system data folder.
Did you download it from a video description or the thread?

Midwest Holiday

Holiday
Did you download it from a video description or the thread?
I downloaded it off of the official smashboards thread. Another thing I discovered is some of the custom stages don't load the stage displayed in the panel, ex: custom platform battlefield takes me to brinstar depths

CeLL

Smash Lord
I downloaded it off of the official smashboards thread. Another thing I discovered is some of the custom stages don't load the stage displayed in the panel, ex: custom platform battlefield takes me to brinstar depths
Put the dol in the right folder lol

You're describing that issue and nothing else.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I just checked my start.dol file is inside of the system data folder. Inst that where its supposed to go?
There is always a Start.dol in your iso. But when you copied the files from the folder to your root and didn't put it in the right folder, you ended up with two dols in your root. The 20XX one in your root folder and the vanilla one in the &&systemdata folder. Since root/Start.dol was not listed in the iso's table of contents, GCR ignored that one (the 20XX dol). Since &&systemdata/Start.dol is (it really isn't but for all intents and purposes it is) in the table of contents, it put it (the vanilla dol) into the iso.

Last edited:

Midwest Holiday

Holiday
There is always a Start.dol in your iso. But when you copied the files from the folder to your root and didn't put it in the right folder, you ended up with two dols in your root. The 20XX one in your root folder and the vanilla one in the &&systemdata folder. Since root/Start.dol was not listed in the iso's table of contents, GCR ignored that one (the 20XX dol). Since &&systemdata/Start.dol is (it really isn't but for all intents and purposes it is) in the table of contents, it put it (the vanilla dol) into the iso.
I could not find the other dol, the original melee iso that I used was converted from powerIso, could that have been the problem?
Also when I put the dol into the system data folder it was before I rebuilt the iso
Sorry I'm not that bright when it comes to modding things.

Last edited:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I'm looking through the first post and can't seem to find this. I tried Google too but can't think of what to type to get results.
Is there a way to show my ledgegrab box? Like how far out I can grab?

CeLL

Smash Lord
I'm looking through the first post and can't seem to find this. I tried Google too but can't think of what to type to get results.
Is there a way to show my ledgegrab box? Like how far out I can grab?
You need to set the debug level to develop in the debug menu. Then while you're in a match, keep pressing R + dpad left until you get them. I'm not sure how this is affected by the P2 command that shares that input.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Thank you so much. I really appreciate .
It seems to work. Just you have to listen to drill shines for days lol.

cjmeate

Smash Rookie
QUESTION FOR ALL:

My tournaments use random stages. We want to select random, and have specific regular and modded stages be a possible choice when pressing random. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to make this work. Does anyone have any ideas?

NOTE: I am okay with having to press Dpad down in order to bring up the modded stages. The players will press it a few times, in order to randomize whether the modded stages or regular stages will be the group to be selected from. HOWEVER, the game does not allow me to save the striked stages from each alternative set (modded, regular).

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thank you!

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
QUESTION FOR ALL:

My tournaments use random stages. We want to select random, and have specific regular and modded stages be a possible choice when pressing random. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to make this work. Does anyone have any ideas?

NOTE: I am okay with having to press Dpad down in order to bring up the modded stages. The players will press it a few times, in order to randomize whether the modded stages or regular stages will be the group to be selected from. HOWEVER, the game does not allow me to save the striked stages from each alternative set (modded, regular).

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thank you!
I'm not sure I understand.
• Don't choose the stage randomly in a tournament.
• Turn on modded stages with D-pad down, then use the random stages screen to choose which stages you want.

Unless you're saying that you want modded and regular versions of the same stage to be on the random select at the same time? As in, you want something like no transformations Pokemon Stadium and Mushroom Kingdom at the same time? Or Corneria and no gun/Arwings Corneria at the same time? Why would you want that?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm not sure I understand.
• Don't use choose the stage randomly in a tournament.
• Turn on modded stages with D-pad down, then use the random stages screen to choose which stages you want.

Unless you're saying that you want modded and regular versions of the same stage to be on the random select at the same time? As in, you want something like no transformations Pokemon Stadium and Mushroom Kingdom II at the same time? Or Corneria and no gun/Arwings Corneria at the same time? Why would you want that?
He just wants it so that, for example, if you toggled off hacked Kongo jungle, that after toggling hacked stages off/on again, hacked Kongo would still be off. This is not possible with 20XX 3.02 but I've already programmed this ability in the next version.

cjmeate

Smash Rookie
He just wants it so that, for example, if you toggled off hacked Kongo jungle, that after toggling hacked stages off/on again, hacked Kongo would still be off. This is not possible with 20XX 3.02 but I've already programmed this ability in the next version.
You're like a Melee hacking God hahah. That was exactly what I meant, and I appreciate the help. I'm sure you don't give out ETA's for the next versions, but do you have any hints on the status of it? Ie, far from done, nearly completed. Also, if you ever get some free time, I PMed you. Thanks brother <3

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
Have you considered adding the option to disable meteor recovery?

Last edited:

GbogD

Smash Rookie
Hey y'all, I'm having an issue with being unable to disable widescreen. I'm running 20xx on Dios Mios on USB. I installed Dios Mios with YAWMM.

In both Dios Mios and the 20xx debug menu, I have widescreen set as "off," but the game remains in that state. I tried deleting my ISO and putting a fresh one on my USB, but the problem prevails.

The current apps I have on my USB are:

Dios Mios
GCMM
Hackmii
MMM
Pimp My Wii
Priiloader
USBLoader
YAWMM

I'd hate to do a fresh install, but I will if it's the last option.
Anyone have a fix?

Saint Shaden 009

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
SAIN#490
This pack is SOOOOO amazing!

I haven't read through much else reply-wise, but is there a way to add the Spacies doing their side-b so to practice edge-guarding against it? That one thing would make this pack complete for me, tbh.

BUT STILL AWESOME EITHER WAY!!

Acryte

Smash Ace
This is a training pack... I feel like practicing meteor recovery, or practicing followups for meteor recovery are something you should be looking to take advantage of, not just disabling it so you don't have to deal with it...

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
This is a training pack... I feel like practicing meteor recovery, or practicing followups for meteor recovery are something you should be looking to take advantage of, not just disabling it so you don't have to deal with it...
Rather than removing it, it would be useful if CPUs mixed up their meteor cancelling like they did with their teching, sometimes doing it late or not at all.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 would u be able to add the trophy replacement names for the hacked stages? i was looking to replace no transformations ps and fourside
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...s-new-debug-menu.351221/page-60#post-17859372

The blue pokemon stadium is GrPs.dat.

This pack is SOOOOO amazing!

I haven't read through much else reply-wise, but is there a way to add the Spacies doing their side-b so to practice edge-guarding against it? That one thing would make this pack complete for me, tbh.

BUT STILL AWESOME EITHER WAY!!
Eventually.

No, I have not. Not something on my radar at the moment.

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Aright, so I've gone to hell and back trying to figure out this problem, and honestly it probably has a really easy solution and i'm probably just stupid, but here it goes......
So i have the had the hack pack for a while now and it works completely fine, my problem started when i wanted to start loading new textures and such into my game. I never took the time to officially learn how to load them into "20XX", i kinda just figured it out on my own. What i did was just plug in my USB, open it --> open "Games" folder-->open "Gale01" folder--> Open "Root" folder (which contains all of the ".dat" files)--> then just drag the file i downloaded into the the Root folder. However, i discovered this method had i flaw, it only worked for some textures, seemingly random which ones worked and which did not. For example i could download a texture for Marth and it would work perfectly, then i would download a texture for Fox and when i selected Fox and then that specific Color/Texture then a stage, the game would freeze every time. Following this i did some research on how to actually replace files in "20XX" (Using "GCR Rebuilder") and when i tried that "GCR" will not load "20XX", let alone rebuild a file into it. I think my problem- is that my "20XX" is just folder, after folder, after folder, after folder until the last one has the ".dat" files in it (ie: "Games"->"Gale01"->"Root"), and it is this way as opposed to being in a single ISO file. PLEASE correct me if i am wrong, and if you know how to fix this, i tried to explain it in as much detail as i could. THANK YOU!

CeLL

Smash Lord
Aright, so I've gone to hell and back trying to figure out this problem, and honestly it probably has a really easy solution and i'm probably just stupid, but here it goes......
So i have the had the hack pack for a while now and it works completely fine, my problem started when i wanted to start loading new textures and such into my game. I never took the time to officially learn how to load them into "20XX", i kinda just figured it out on my own. What i did was just plug in my USB, open it --> open "Games" folder-->open "Gale01" folder--> Open "Root" folder (which contains all of the ".dat" files)--> then just drag the file i downloaded into the the Root folder. However, i discovered this method had i flaw, it only worked for some textures, seemingly random which ones worked and which did not. For example i could download a texture for Marth and it would work perfectly, then i would download a texture for Fox and when i selected Fox and then that specific Color/Texture then a stage, the game would freeze every time. Following this i did some research on how to actually replace files in "20XX" (Using "GCR Rebuilder") and when i tried that "GCR" will not load "20XX", let alone rebuild a file into it. I think my problem- is that my "20XX" is just folder, after folder, after folder, after folder until the last one has the ".dat" files in it (ie: "Games"->"Gale01"->"Root"), and it is this way as opposed to being in a single ISO file. PLEASE correct me if i am wrong, and if you know how to fix this, i tried to explain it in as much detail as i could. THANK YOU!
You need to inject the textures into the iso with GCR, then put it into the weird format for usb loading. Also make sure you are using the textures on the correct color.

TRb

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know what the hacked stages replace? I want to modify only those but don't know which .dat or .usd file to touch

Top Bottom