• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey, you should make it so we use the PAL stock icons instead of NTSC, they're smaller so it's much easier to see everything.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
So a tournament today I was playing on a Wii when I realized the ports are backwards when the Wii is on it's side. I'm thinking about looking into this if there is any interest at all.

Torsade de pointe

Smash Cadet
Hey, when you toggle on the "CPU grabs out of shield", is it a frame perfect grab, ie does the computer grab the first frame he's out of shieldstun ?

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
So a tournament today I was playing on a Wii when I realized the ports are backwards when the Wii is on it's side. I'm thinking about looking into this if there is any interest at all.
I've never thought about it until now (I have my Wii standing up like a casual :p). I can see how annoying that could be and it would be really awesome if you could switch around the ports. I donno if the work merits the benefits though, it would take somebody all of two seconds to pull their controller out and replug it into another port.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Finally fixed my Wii U and got 20XX running again.

I have it all running on an HDTV while using the wii U GC adapter as my Human Interface Device.

If there's any lag, none of my friends have noticed it yet. It's pretty sweet running melee at full speed from a 26 inch tv lmao

oksas

oak-sauce
don't know how likely this would be, but something I would love to see would be a "p1 also controls p2" and same for p3 and p4, so we could mess around with climber characters without need of wavebirds haha. I know there's already a p1 controls all code so hopefully this would be feasible. ps thanks for all your work on this, 20xx is amazing :D

Quillion

Smash Hero
So @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I heard about your little project to combine 20XX with SDR over on the other thread.

Are the SDR and 20XX projects going to combine (20XremiX), or are you and the SDR duo going to be separate while you add the option of having SDR?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Or even better just have it as a toggle.
Already in.

Hey, when you toggle on the "CPU grabs out of shield", is it a frame perfect grab, ie does the computer grab the first frame he's out of shieldstun ?
Probably not, but close. I had to force button presses to grab instead of forcing the grab action state, because when doing the latter, no grab hitbox would ever come out even though the animation would play. So I had to do it by forcing button inputs and I can't always get those frame perfect for the time being.

don't know how likely this would be, but something I would love to see would be a "p1 also controls p2" and same for p3 and p4, so we could mess around with climber characters without need of wavebirds haha. I know there's already a p1 controls all code so hopefully this would be feasible. ps thanks for all your work on this, 20xx is amazing :D
It will be available next version. And a true Nana, at that - a CPU clone with Nana AI. Not just one that mimics your controller input frame by frame.

So @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I heard about your little project to combine 20XX with SDR over on the other thread.

Are the SDR and 20XX projects going to combine (20XremiX), or are you and the SDR duo going to be separate while you add the option of having SDR?
The future is not quite clear. We'll probably just be separate and any further SDR updates will just be added to 20XX. But, idk, we'll be semi-combined I guess...because why not just have one powerful version with the ability to play everything? I'm looking forward to having SDR get more exposure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This hack is freaking AMAZING. Of all the good I have to say, there are 2 (yes, only 2) note-worthy problems I have with it. 1 - I think Dual 1v1 should have a system in place (probably a variant on what Nana and Popo use) that lets fighters grab the ledge at the same time if they're in different matchups. and 2 - projectiles seem to affect me in Dual 1v1 if I don't have team colors turned on, which is on and distracting...
Additionally, though, I think it's a problem on my end, I can never finish out a set on Dual 1v1. It was my favourite addition and the projectile issue I have wouldn't matter since being red, blue, or green is worth it to play, I can just never fight the last person, and Winners+ doesn't even take effect...
Great work, all in all!

CeLL

Smash Lord
This hack is freaking AMAZING. Of all the good I have to say, there are 2 (yes, only 2) note-worthy problems I have with it. 1 - I think Dual 1v1 should have a system in place (probably a variant on what Nana and Popo use) that lets fighters grab the ledge at the same time if they're in different matchups. and 2 - projectiles seem to affect me in Dual 1v1 if I don't have team colors turned on, which is on and distracting...
Additionally, though, I think it's a problem on my end, I can never finish out a set on Dual 1v1. It was my favourite addition and the projectile issue I have wouldn't matter since being red, blue, or green is worth it to play, I can just never fight the last person, and Winners+ doesn't even take effect...
Great work, all in all!
Popo and Nana can't grab the ledge at the same time in Melee.

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
Just a random question, but I've seen mang0 playing with the 20XX hack and I see him using some kind of rainbow colored shine.

Where do I find this in the hack pack (Or rather, is there a file I need to change to make them)? I've wanted to use this for a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Popo and Nana can't grab the ledge at the same time in Melee.
Oh, really? I could've sword younger me was wrong about Ice Climbers edge-hogging themselves, but I guess I (he??) was right.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just a random question, but I've seen mang0 playing with the 20XX hack and I see him using some kind of rainbow colored shine.

Where do I find this in the hack pack (Or rather, is there a file I need to change to make them)? I've wanted to use this for a while.
It's not in the 20XX Pack (yet). The file is EfFxData.dat. Search the Color and Effects Stickied thread for rainbow shine.

Great work, all in all!
Thanks, I’m glad you like it. I’m not sure if multi-ledgegrabs are possible. Someone has suggested this before and I never looked into it. I am interested in eventually looking into finding the code that decides whether or not a character should grab the ledge – it’s just not hot on the list.

I’m a little confused about your sentence regarding projectiles. Can you explain further? You technically don’t need to be playing Teams mode to have Dual 1v1 still in effect. So if you have FF turned off, you can select team colors (to designate who will fight who) and then go back to Free For All and Dual 1v1 will work like normal. Maybe this was your issue?

Last edited:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
I’m a little confused about your sentence regarding projectiles. Can you explain further? You technically don’t need to be playing Teams mode to have Dual 1v1 still in effect. So if you have FF turned off, you can select team colors (to designate who will fight who) and then go back to Free For All and Dual 1v1 will work like normal. Maybe this was your issue?
If you return to Free-for-all setting, you can hit all players with your projectiles (like Falco's lasers), not just the opponent you only can attack.

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
It's not in the 20XX Pack (yet). The file is EfFxData.dat. Search the Color and Effects Stickied thread for rainbow shine.

Alright, I got it and it works perfectly! Thanks for the assistance, and thanks for making such an amazing hack for this game. You (and anyone else who works on this) are doing a great job.

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
My guess would be you are using some Netplay version of Dolphin that doesn't save the memory card.
I ended up just hacking my wii and now I can play 20XX and it saves all my settings. My version of Dolphin was kind of old, so I think thats why it wasnt saving. Great hack!

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Anybody got that glitch where Game and Watch has his helmet from his dash attack permanently in a match only? It happened to me several times, especially in Dreamland, but not 100% of the time. It's only something visual, but still weird.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Anybody got that glitch where Game and Watch has his helmet from his dash attack permanently in a match only? It happened to me several times, especially in Dreamland, but not 100% of the time. It's only something visual, but still weird.
I've had this happen on BF.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Never heard anything about this. At what point does it first begin to happen?

Last edited:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
It's always at the beginning of the match, never during a fight. G&W either has the helmet animation or not (when it loads the stage). Thinking about it, I can't really see a pattern, except one time I remind my brother was slot 2 or 4 with Marth in black costume, and I was black G&W in Dreamland.

edit: Yeah, slot 1 or 2 Marth (any color) and slot 3 G&W in Dreamland, I have the helmet on.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It's always at the beginning of the match, never during a fight. G&W either has the helmet animation or not (when it loads the stage). Thinking about it, I can't really see a pattern, except one time I remind my brother was slot 2 or 4 with Marth in black costume, and I was black G&W in Dreamland.

edit: Yeah, slot 1 or 2 Marth (any color) and slot 3 G&W in Dreamland, I have the helmet on.
Can you try turning Marth's sword swing colors off and see if it happens.

MrFluffaWuffakin

Smash Rookie
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , sorry I'd hate to re-post but I would really like to figure out what's wrong! Please read:

Hello I got the updated 20xx pack yesterday, unfortunately my wii broke so i can only play it on my desktop. I had a few problems, one of the major ones was: that once i get to the debug menu and change everything to how I want it, once i back out (because this is the only way to get out of the debug menu) i am forced to the start screen of the 20xx pack but when i press start the game crashes every time. Then once i boot up the game again in dolphin it didn't save any of the debug setting that i had turned on so I can't really use anything nifty.

How do I fix this problem? I looked at the faq and it said this:
• When playing on Dolphin, the game freezes upon pressing start at the start menu.
◦ Disable global netplay codes.

I looked everywhere in dolphin and even 20xx to find how to disable global netplay codes but I couldn't find it.

Plz help!!

Thanks, even though I havn't played the full version, everything feels very clean on the comp w/monitor and wii u controller adapter set up. Keep it up!

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
Its not Dios Mios Lite though, because that's what I use and Blue shows up.
Hey, would you mind telling me how you're loading the game with DML? Like what loader and any relevant settings you have enabled? I've tried a bunch of different DML settings with USB Loader GX and WiiFlow and it still always loads the .usd file when there's one available (and I realized this means I can't use the alternate costume for Red Falcon either). I'd love to be able to get the full effect with DML since apparently it is possible.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I'm encountering a problem.
I have 20xx 3.02, which I'm sure of (I checked several times), and even if most toggles seem to work and I have acces to the debug menu, I don't have access to texture hacked or PAL characters :'(

I don't really understand, maybe there's something I'm doing wrong... I tried pressing R while highlighting Sheik, then with the token dropped on Sheik, then I tried with Fox, it won't work. Neither won't texture hacks. Any help ?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey everyone, I'm encountering a problem.
I have 20xx 3.02, which I'm sure of (I checked several times), and even if most toggles seem to work and I have acces to the debug menu, I don't have access to texture hacked or PAL characters :'(

I don't really understand, maybe there's something I'm doing wrong... I tried pressing R while highlighting Sheik, then with the token dropped on Sheik, then I tried with Fox, it won't work. Neither won't texture hacks. Any help ?
Did you make the 20XX ISO you are running yourself?

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Yes I did.
Used the video tutorial, replaced the files and the start.dol on gcrebuilder, then rebuilt an iso.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yes I did.
Used the video tutorial, replaced the files and the start.dol on gcrebuilder, then rebuilt an iso.
Did you use the replacement files from the first post or ones that were linked in that YouTube video? It sounds like you are either using an old version or have the wrong DOL files somehow. Does your debug menu look like the pictures and have all the options states on the main post?

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I used the link in the first post.
My .rar is called 3.02 and in the debug menu says it i'm in 3.02 and-it looks like the pictures

And i'm currently watching Armada on Twitch playing PAL characters on 20xx and I'm sooo jealous XD

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I used the link in the first post.
My .rar is called 3.02 and in the debug menu says it i'm in 3.02 and-it looks like the pictures

And i'm currently watching Armada on Twitch playing PAL characters on 20xx and I'm sooo jealous XD
I don't really know what to tell you. If you are at the CSS, have Fox selected, hit R (the only button being pressed on your controller), and the CSP color doesn't change....then something is wrong with your DOL file. I guess just try remaking the ISO or redownloading the DOL file and importing that over your current one.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey, would you mind telling me how you're loading the game with DML? Like what loader and any relevant settings you have enabled? I've tried a bunch of different DML settings with USB Loader GX and WiiFlow and it still always loads the .usd file when there's one available (and I realized this means I can't use the alternate costume for Red Falcon either). I'd love to be able to get the full effect with DML since apparently it is possible.
I use CFG Loader mainly, and sometimes Dios Mios Booter. Dios Mios Lite version 2.10 with a Sony SD card. Idk about any other specifics but I've never messed with the defaults.
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , sorry I'd hate to re-post but I would really like to figure out what's wrong! Please read:

Hello I got the updated 20xx pack yesterday, unfortunately my wii broke so i can only play it on my desktop. I had a few problems, one of the major ones was: that once i get to the debug menu and change everything to how I want it, once i back out (because this is the only way to get out of the debug menu) i am forced to the start screen of the 20xx pack but when i press start the game crashes every time. Then once i boot up the game again in dolphin it didn't save any of the debug setting that i had turned on so I can't really use anything nifty.

How do I fix this problem? I looked at the faq and it said this:
• When playing on Dolphin, the game freezes upon pressing start at the start menu.
◦ Disable global netplay codes.

I looked everywhere in dolphin and even 20xx to find how to disable global netplay codes but I couldn't find it.

Plz help!!

Thanks, even though I havn't played the full version, everything feels very clean on the comp w/monitor and wii u controller adapter set up. Keep it up!
Just open up Dolphin, hit Config at the top, and uncheck "Enable Cheat Codes".

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Is it possible to make a player specific option to turn on all or specific shield related inputs that are normally performed with hard press to be done on light press (analog)? Such as the same motion for light shielding/L-cancelling triggers AIR DODGE and TECH if you chose it to.

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Confirmed Toggle of Tap jump? Does that mean you can turn it off and on?

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
I use CFG Loader mainly, and sometimes Dios Mios Booter. Dios Mios Lite version 2.10 with a Sony SD card. Idk about any other specifics but I've never messed with the defaults.
Figured it out! It turns out Dios Mios 2.11 (latest version) is the culprit -- I installed 2.10 and it loads blue Pokemon Stadium for the no-transformation version, and loads the correct skin for my Red Falcon alternate costume. The DM site says they added the "FatFS link map feature which should greatly decrease load times" for 2.11, and I'm sure part of that optimization is automatically loading a .usd file whenever it's available. Unfortunately (for me) they were completely right about decreasing load times, so now I have to choose between having all of my skins and having everything load noticeably faster...

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Figured it out! It turns out Dios Mios 2.11 (latest version) is the culprit -- I installed 2.10 and it loads blue Pokemon Stadium for the no-transformation version, and loads the correct skin for my Red Falcon alternate costume. The DM site says they added the "FatFS link map feature which should greatly decrease load times" for 2.11, and I'm sure part of that optimization is automatically loading a .usd file whenever it's available. Unfortunately (for me) they were completely right about decreasing load times, so now I have to choose between having all of my skins and having everything load noticeably faster...
Well I'm happy and sorry to hear that. I'm still pissed that I never noticed Frozen Pokemon Stadium's camera was messed up. Oh well...next version.

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm happy and sorry to hear that. I'm still pissed that I never noticed Frozen Pokemon Stadium's camera was messed up. Oh well...next version.
What's messed up about it?

Also, sorry to keep bombarding you with questions but I just searched through the thread and didn't find anything about these. First, a friend tells me he talked to SFAT, who was saying he doesn't like using the hack pack because shield dropping feels different -- is there any possibility this is true, or is that definitely just placebo/confirmation bias? All I could come up with was maybe he was trying it on a loader that handles inputs differently or something, unless you've changed anything about how shield dropping happens in the hack pack.

Second, I've had this weirdness going on in certain blank spaces in text in the hack pack (see below). I assumed it was just a side effect of the changes you've made since it's gotten worse as the pack's been updated (the bottom picture is from 2.7, top is from 3.02, 2.6 had just a small dot), but I'm pretty sure I saw someone with 3.02 that didn't have anything like that, so now I'm wondering if it's just mine. Have you seen this before, and is this normal? It was consistent when I was updating the pack by just replacing Start.dol with the new version, but since then I rebuilt the iso from scratch for 3.02 and it's still there.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What's messed up about it?

Also, sorry to keep bombarding you with questions but I just searched through the thread and didn't find anything about these. First, a friend tells me he talked to SFAT, who was saying he doesn't like using the hack pack because shield dropping feels different -- is there any possibility this is true, or is that definitely just placebo/confirmation bias? All I could come up with was maybe he was trying it on a loader that handles inputs differently or something, unless you've changed anything about how shield dropping happens in the hack pack.

Second, I've had this weirdness going on in certain blank spaces in text in the hack pack (see below). I assumed it was just a side effect of the changes you've made since it's gotten worse as the pack's been updated (the bottom picture is from 2.7, top is from 3.02, 2.6 had just a small dot), but I'm pretty sure I saw someone with 3.02 that didn't have anything like that, so now I'm wondering if it's just mine. Have you seen this before, and is this normal? It was consistent when I was updating the pack by just replacing Start.dol with the new version, but since then I rebuilt the iso from scratch for 3.02 and it's still there.

The controller issue is due to Nintendont polling inputs in some weird way. If you go into the settings and turn "Native Control" on then it fixes the issue. Dios Mios is normal.

The glitchy text is due to placing codes into the DOL in an area that i originally thought was free space. Turns out it's area that is part of the letter textures. Higher version = more amount of code. I've moved code around in the new version to address this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom