• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
so how far along are you on developing a code to remove white marth from 3.03? or alternately, just disabling all his active hitboxes.
Sorry, theres actually going to be more white Marths in this next version :)
To install Dios Mios Lite over Dios Mios, do I just install the wad as though I hadn't installed Dios Mios?
I've never done this myself, but yes, that's what I've heard you do.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
So I was practicing in 20XX and started thinking, what if instead of having CPUs hold shield and attacking them to get used to the timings with hitlag, as opposed to practicing things in empty air, why not just make attacks always have hitlag, whether they connect or not? I think it would be a cool debug menu toggle, if it's possible.
I actually got this to work with an AR code I found and a couple existing 20XX features. I think it's actually pretty useful.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
I actually got this to work with an AR code I found and a couple existing 20XX features. I think it's actually pretty useful.
and when exactly does the hitlag activate? i mean in reality it's always different depending on when you hit someone/someone's shield.

CeLL

Smash Lord
and when exactly does the hitlag activate? i mean in reality it's always different depending on when you hit someone/someone's shield.
As soon as the hitbox comes out, the same timing that you should be hitting people's shields.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Okay you're right but it could mess with your timing for sex kicks
Well every nair/bair would be as though they were within the hitbox when it came out. Since that is something that will occur in a game, it won't mess anything up, it just won't let you practice the timing for weak nairs/bairs, you'd need to do that with it off.

There are however things that you shouldn't practice with it on, like shine firestalling and its derivatives, and movement options involving shine.

Before 20XX the goto practice was a Bowser with max handicap and 0.5 damage ratio. This essentially mimics that, but with Bowser so big that he fills the screen.

Last edited:

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
How do the skins work? I thought adding a new skin, would replace the old color slot? How are you able to have both the default skins and the custom ones?
In fact you don't need to answer that, I just need to know if I can replace the custom skins with other custom skins without losing the default skins. Thanks :D

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Another thing! Maybe this should be in the Hacks section, but is it possible to have certain music play with certain characters?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Well every nair/bair would be as though they were within the hitbox when it came out. Since that is something that will occur in a game, it won't mess anything up, it just won't let you practice the timing for weak nairs/bairs, you'd need to do that with it off.

There are however things that you shouldn't practice with it on, like shine firestalling and its derivatives, and movement options involving shine.

Before 20XX the goto practice was a Bowser with max handicap and 0.5 damage ratio. This essentially mimics that, but with Bowser so big that he fills the screen.
So basically, use player flags.

Character: Giga Bowser
Model Scale : huge
Invisible: On
Damage Ratio : ~0
CPU Type: Stand

How do the skins work? I thought adding a new skin, would replace the old color slot? How are you able to have both the default skins and the custom ones?
In fact you don't need to answer that, I just need to know if I can replace the custom skins with other custom skins without losing the default skins. Thanks :D
I basically just wrote code to switch what file gets loaded. Look at the bottom of the alternate costumes section on the main post. And he comments from last page.

Another thing! Maybe this should be in the Hacks section, but is it possible to have certain music play with certain characters?
It's possible, you'd just need to write some creative code that is injected at the point where the game is storing the song ID to play, and have it loop through the player's characters and if their character ID equals...whoever...change the song ID to whatever. A code like this does not exist, though.

Last edited:

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Thanks!

Anyone else have trouble loading the alternate skin for red Falcon?
Also, I can't seem to get the "P2 spam action" code to work...

Achilles1515

Smash Master
DM doesn't seem to like LL Falcon and Blue Stadium, it's a common problem. Switch to Nintendont (unless you are int eh PAL region in which case you are stuck with DM for 20XX).
The red Falcon alt and blue pokemon stadium will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks!

Anyone else have trouble loading the alternate skin for red Falcon?

Also, I can't seem to get the "P2 spam action" code to work...
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...s-new-debug-menu.351221/page-67#post-18065769

And speaking of the newest update, no ETA yet, but it is really starting to come along. A lot of little bugs and issues will be fixed and as I said earlier, there will be a bunch of fun stuff added, and the debug menu will be getting a revamp/reorganization. Everyone better have their favorite alt costumes picked out for all characters…

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Just got this today, and I must say it is AMAZING. Thanks Achilles!

Last edited:

Nannose

Smash Rookie
Hey Achilles, are there plans to fix/rex-add the alt music trigger by holding L or R? I put in some alt menu music but I would like to put it over menu 2 instead and be able to switch to it whenever.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Bug report: The CPUs mash out of Donkey Kong's Cargo Throw extremely quickly. I assume this is because of the code that makes them input a tech every frame (except every 4th frame neglecting to account for the Cargo Throw? It doesn't happen for normal throws. I believe they break out in approximately 20 frames (slight variation with percentage and the frame they were grabbed on).

Also, is it feasible to prevent the computer from teching for a short time if they successfully tech? As I understand it they currently ignore the no-tech window to allow them to try to tech constantly (except every 4th frame so that they miss techs), which allows them to tech in circumstances that humans are incapable of within the rules of the game.

If I counted correctly, then a 20 frame period after a successful tech where the computer does not tech would act as if they always teched as early as possible (which isn't realistic, but is more realistic than cheating as they currently do); alternatively there could be a random 20-40 frame period.

Sayori

Smash Rookie
Just started using this, and I absolutely love it. Big shout out to the people making this possible <3

undergroundmonorail

Smash Cadet
Its not letting me input lowcase letters whats going on
I didn't know until I tried to put in lowercase letters that my Z button was super ****ty. There's no visual indicator that it's going to put in a lowercase letter, so I couldn't figure out why it was only working intermittently until I tried with another controller.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey Achilles, are there plans to fix/rex-add the alt music trigger by holding L or R? I put in some alt menu music but I would like to put it over menu 2 instead and be able to switch to it whenever.
I think someone said a few pages back that it does actually work. Try going back to the start screen to go through a loading cycle and then try again.

Bug report: The CPUs mash out of Donkey Kong's Cargo Throw extremely quickly. I assume this is because of the code that makes them input a tech every frame (except every 4th frame neglecting to account for the Cargo Throw? It doesn't happen for normal throws. I believe they break out in approximately 20 frames (slight variation with percentage and the frame they were grabbed on).

Also, is it feasible to prevent the computer from teching for a short time if they successfully tech? As I understand it they currently ignore the no-tech window to allow them to try to tech constantly (except every 4th frame so that they miss techs), which allows them to tech in circumstances that humans are incapable of within the rules of the game.

If I counted correctly, then a 20 frame period after a successful tech where the computer does not tech would act as if they always teched as early as possible (which isn't realistic, but is more realistic than cheating as they currently do); alternatively there could be a random 20-40 frame period.
It probably would be a good thing to re-disable the dead window for at least 20 frames after a successful tech. And the DK thing probably happens because they are inputting random DI every frame. So their joystick is basically going ****ing nuts and lowering the grab breakout counter asap.

Last edited:

Sempai

Smash Ace
Achilles, I figured you would know this, you know how you change the background color of the charatcer selecting by pressing L?

Is there a way to, instead of changing just the background color, to actually change the csp as well?

If so, what file(s) would I be looking for?

pvrker

Smash Rookie
achilles, 20XX is the best thing to ever happen to my Smash career! I'm now able to slip'n'slide semi-consistently and my nooch success rate has more than doubled in the past month!

BUT why da **** you hatin' on the Link mains? Where are his skins you mf scumbag?
ffs at least make pressing :GCLT: on default Link (which no one uses anyways :denzel:) load Dark Link from the event match. :reverse:

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
achilles, 20XX is the best thing to ever happen to my Smash career! I'm now able to slip'n'slide semi-consistently and my nooch success rate has more than doubled in the past month!

BUT why da **** you hatin' on the Link mains? Where are his skins you mf scumbag?
ffs at least make pressing :GCLT: on default Link (which no one uses anyways :denzel:) load Dark Link from the event match. :reverse:
Lol just you wait. And you can make Link black with the subcolor player flag!

Using hitboxes on dream land makes my character go invisible :o
This is a bug in vanilla melee. Not likely to be fixed. DL just gets the shaft for the time being.

pvrker

Smash Rookie
gdlk holmes

Just wondering how do I enable this action/frame count thing (I know about the hitboxes)? I figure it's one of the developer/debug modes but I'm too lazy to try em all. Got to get on them autocancels though to take Link to the future (or at least A-).

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
gdlk holmes

Just wondering how do I enable this action/frame count thing (I know about the hitboxes)? I figure it's one of the developer/debug modes but I'm too lazy to try em all. Got to get on them autocancels though to take Link to the future (or at least A-).
Go in th Debug Menu

DBLEVEL: set this to Develop

then in-game, you pres Y + d-pad down

Last edited:

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I'm trying to load from SD card on the Wii, but most of the codes seemed to be turned off. The main menu and closed slots show 20XX correctly as well as the Debug menu displays instead of Tournament mode, and the stages show the changed borders, but none of the controller codes seem to work and going into Debug Menu just goes into regular Tourny mode. I'm working on 2 computers, Windows desktop and Mac laptop, since the desktop doesn't have sd slot. I loaded everything SD-side on the Mac, and setup the ISO/ran the DMToolbox from the PC since their .exe's, copied the output folder onto an external HDD and then pasted it to the SD card from the Mac. I wouldn't think that should matter, though, since I've done similar things previously. Same exact issue when running it in Dolphin from PC, though Beanwolf's version works fine on Dolphin, which makes me think it's an ISO issue, however I saw that the latest patch apparently might not work on Dolphin, so I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm trying to load from SD card on the Wii, but most of the codes seemed to be turned off. The main menu and closed slots show 20XX correctly as well as the Debug menu displays instead of Tournament mode, and the stages show the changed borders, but none of the controller codes seem to work and going into Debug Menu just goes into regular Tourny mode. I'm working on 2 computers, Windows desktop and Mac laptop, since the desktop doesn't have sd slot. I loaded everything SD-side on the Mac, and setup the ISO/ran the DMToolbox from the PC since their .exe's, copied the output folder onto an external HDD and then pasted it to the SD card from the Mac. I wouldn't think that should matter, though, since I've done similar things previously. Same exact issue when running it in Dolphin from PC, though Beanwolf's version works fine on Dolphin, which makes me think it's an ISO issue, however I saw that the latest patch apparently might not work on Dolphin, so I'm not sure. Any ideas?
You need to replace the DOL file on that ISO you made. You must not have done that during installation. Just open your current 20XX ISO in GCR and open the &&System folder, right click Start.dol and hit Import. Then point it to the Start.dol in the download pack.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Hey i just tested the newest update with the player flags, cuz i like practicing against the training ai (which also DI's and techs thanks to achilles and co), but the training mode ui really distracts me, and turning off HUD results in having no percent counters. So now i can practice against the Training AI in VS Mode!
AWESOME!

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Feature request: in-game code that lets you set the opponent's DI (it could work like the input spam code). Similarly, a toggle that lets you cycle through the different tech options (default is random, then each time you perform the code input it cycles through always no tech, always tech in place, etc.).

Also, is there a way to enable move staling in develop mode? If not, would that be an easy/reasonable feature to add?

Another minor thing: if you quit a match in develop mode using the X+D-pad down pause menu menu, then the results screen isn't skipped.

Last edited:

Nooob

Smash Rookie
This is probably a really stupid question, but how do I access the Hacked Stage Select Screen?

Top Bottom