• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Acryte

Smash Ace
well all the important ones are availabe (falco/fox/marth/shiek/falcon). i would replace Ganondorf and yoshi as well and other than that there is no PAL character missing, also it shouldn't be that much work, in that sense there shouldn't be any reason not to do it.
Don't forget Kirby he is much better in PAL.

Wagabooga

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0490-6302-8976
See my comments above to Beanwolf's post. Maybe you'd be interested in @ hectohertz hectohertz 's tourney codeset thing? Or Myougi's Netplay build might apply to this as well.

Can you play other burned games successfully? I played ISOs off of burned discs years ago, but then it just stopped working all of a sudden. I couldn't figure out the problem so I went to SD card and never looked back.

Lol, idk. Can you reproduce it? I think someone posted something similar to this on Battlefield a long time ago.

Hehe, nice. Thanks for finding this! I've experienced this bug on my computer a whole bunch without even knowing it (due to switching save files to one that includes items on I think). I always just thought my Dolphin was just bugging out or something. I looked into it a little and the memory addresses corresponding to FD's stage colors that I thought were in the same place every time get changed during a match with items enabled. So it's trying to write a color value to a location that, apparently, controls something with game textures instead. Not real sure as to exactly why that causes such a huge graphical bug for the entirety of being powered on. I should be able to fix this if I can find pointers to the stage colors.

I can't get it to work on my setup, though. As soon as the match starts on FD it immediately freezes. I don't have time to press start at all.

Eventually, but not right now.

Are you booting from an SD card? You probably just have one that is too slow to load Melee. What kind is it?
2g sd card micro adapter

Doq

Smash Lord
2g sd card micro adapter
I see now how it doesn't work, as I have a Class 2 16gig SDHC (Class 2 being the lowest possible speed for a card) and it works like a dream.

However I used Nintendont instead of DM to load games.
So if I have Dios Mios, and also want to install Dios Mios Lite, what do I do? Just the exact same as with Dios Mios, but with the Dios Mios Lite WAD? To clarify, I want both, not just one.
Try Nintendont instead. It supports both USB and SD loading without a full reinstall to switch.

Wagabooga

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0490-6302-8976
I see now how it doesn't work, as I have a Class 2 16gig SDHC (Class 2 being the lowest possible speed for a card) and it works like a dream.

Try Nintendont instead. It supports both USB and SD loading without a full reinstall to switch.
Any size SD works?

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Blue pokemon stadium is green when run through dios mios, but blue when run through nintendont.

Also, do you have a link on how you do file swapping (alt costumes/hacked stages)? Do you just replace the filename in memory with your modded filename?

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Bug report kinda:
The game freezes whenever I use the player 2 grabs OOS while playing Ice Climbers, it doesn't matter who the cpu is playing as it always freezes but works well when I play any character besides ICs.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Still works fine, and even has GC port support ;)
So just follow your instructions in the thread you made? My Wii's from like 2007 or 2008, I think.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
I have a sort of bug report. I was waiting to say because I can't figure out what action causes it. So the effect is this: whenever one of your hit connects with another character's hurtboxes, you get stuck in the SDI freeze thing (Y+Dpad Left). If you press Y+Dpad Left, you get unfrozen, but still when you hit someone it freezes you.

I don't quite know what causes it, but it happens when I am practicing ledge teching, so I'm using save states, the P2 percent becomes maximum damage, P2 action spam, collision bubbles, P2 hitbox freeze repeater, infinite shields, invincibility (only for a short time, well before the glitch happens), alt costumes, and rainbow FD. Man you've made a lot of additions to Melee :D

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Nintendont over DIOS MIOS to run Melee? Does it support memory card?

Just tested it and both Blue PKMN Stadium and Red C. Falcon Alt load perfectly. My only question is how do I use my memory card?

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
So just follow your instructions in the thread you made? My Wii's from like 2007 or 2008, I think.
Exactly! Just be wary to turn HID devices off in your settings so you can use your GC ports.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Nintendont over DIOS MIOS to run Melee? Does it support memory card?

Just tested it and both Blue PKMN Stadium and Red C. Falcon Alt load perfectly. My only question is how do I use my memory card?
Advantages:
> SD and USB loading in one.
> No need to completely **** over your existing GC game support (so you can play with discs again!)
> No special IOS needed (except latest official IOS58)
> Allows USB and Bluetooth controllers to be used. (For my Wiis and Wii Us)
Disadvantages:
> Can't use USB and GC ports at one time. Shouldn't be a problem for most people.
> While Bluetooth controllers can be used, the Wii Remote is not supported. IIRC the Classic Controller Pro is though, as well as the Mayflash GC Adapter for your Wiimote (Wii U users!!)
> Some games are simply not compatible. There is a game compatibility list on GBAtemp; but for the sake of Melee in specific, you're fine here.

For your memory card, check the settings (press B).

Last edited:

Mewantmorpie

Smash Rookie
My buddies and I want to play other games with Dios Mios, but having the other games loaded on the same us drive causes some strange resolution problem with melee rendering it unplayable. Any suggestions?

Akimbosawce

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I downloaded the 20XX pack for dolphin and it works great until I want to play alone and practice tech, every time I try to load it by setting it to timed it defaults to 4 stock and I get booted back to character select

Espi

Smash Journeyman
When I installed DIOS MIOS, It took away the ability to run Gamecube disks. Is there anything I can do to restore this. I have USB DIOS MIOS btw.

Sparky56p

Smash Rookie
Hopefully just a simple question and/or big reports but I'm gonna assume I still got flaws on my end

Anyways after starting V3.01 I can't seem to load "Final Destination" at all without the game freezing (about 3 seconds into map load) that's been my biggest issue so help resolving that would be appreciated

Additionally besides hanging here and there I noticed that after quoting out of an "endless friendlies" match (final destination loaded so I quit before freeze) all text that appears along bottom of the screen needed up and fades to just white blocks along with selected character images

Skipping to stage selection without selecting a character causes an endless loading map (tried with slot 3 to spawn MH)

I'm pretty sure these may just be on my end as I'm not seeing other reports here so any idea what's up?

Running v1.02 SSBM
SH V3.01
Played from Dios Mios

Thanks, loving the work out into this it really is something :)

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Skipping to stage selection without selecting a character causes an endless loading map (tried with slot 3 to spawn MH)
You can be Master Hand with any port, but only P3 can control him. When you start up the game, go to Melee, and do not hover over a character. Make the character picture blank without having ever shown a character (even a light character from hovering over an icon), then press dpad up, and you will be Master Hand. If a character was shown at any time, it will not load the stage.

Last edited:

Zodiac

Smash Master
Alright so I disabled cheats through the debug menu but the easter egg's are still there i.e. giant spacie guns, players seem to activate these by accident quite frequently, is there anyway to disable those as well?

Doq

Smash Lord
When I installed DIOS MIOS, It took away the ability to run Gamecube disks. Is there anything I can do to restore this. I have USB DIOS MIOS btw.
AFAIK, only way to restore original disc loading is to uninstall DM.
That's weird, I'll check which version I'm running, maybe I downgraded.
It might just be DM that breaks it and not DML? I don't actually know, as I have a newer Wii (and by that thread unable to play GC games in the first place)
This has probably been asked before but what is the code for random stage music?
It's only a DOL mod by limitation.

Sparky56p

Smash Rookie
You can be Master Hand with any port, but only P3 can control him. When you start up the game, go to Melee, and do not hover over a character. Make the character picture blank without having ever shown a character (even a light character from hovering over an icon), then press dpad up, and you will be Master Hand. If a character was shown at any time, it will not load the stage.
Yeah I figured that out after messing around with this more last night, just started using 20XX like 2 days ago so I'm still quite new to its functions, additionally I'm guessing that means I can't make an CPU controlled MH then?

EDIT: Nvm got my CPU MH lol

Not so worried about MH really though just figured I'd look at it, my only real issue is "Final Destination" freezing (about 3 seconds after loading)

Thanks for your reply :)

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
right click you game. go to properties > AR codes. on the very top you got Global Melee Netplay cheat. uncheck that

how exactly would I go about that? been looking around and cant find anything to turn off gn

Last edited:

UniClown

Smash Rookie
There have been other posts in this thread a while back, mostly by Kou, that address issues with random teching. It is random, I think but not completely so. When I practice techchasing fox as sheik, he rolls left/right much more often than he techs in place, also getup attacks are still very frequent if you stand close to the enemy.

The lack of true randomness becomes very apparent when I techchase falcon. He techs in place 90% of the time. Could someone else verify this behavior? I am using version 3.0.

Sham Rock

Smash Apprentice
This has probably been asked before but what is the code for random stage music?
Don´t listen to @ Doq Doq , he lies.

Random Music (NTSC 1.2)
04004560 0506070a
04004564 0e112d2e
04004568 3336383d
0400456c 3e404142
04004570 4344494d
04004574 505c5d65
04004578 6667696a
0400457C 70717476
04004580 78797b7d
04004584 7f80c3cf
04004588 d1d2696A
C238B6DC 0000000A
3E40804D 62526CF7
8A920000 2C140002
41800038 3A600000
9A720000 3E80804D
62945F91 8A940000
3E608000 62734560
2C140006 41800010
3A94FFFA 3A730001
4BFFFFF0 8B530000
934DC0C4 00000000

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
There have been other posts in this thread a while back, mostly by Kou, that address issues with random teching. It is random, I think but not completely so. When I practice techchasing fox as sheik, he rolls left/right much more often than he techs in place, also getup attacks are still very frequent if you stand close to the enemy.

The lack of true randomness becomes very apparent when I techchase falcon. He techs in place 90% of the time. Could someone else verify this behavior? I am using version 3.0.
I can confirm. I am on 3.01 and this is identical to my experience.
True random tech pattern would be amazing. At least bring Falcon up to par
Also tech chasing spacies on platforms is non existant atm since they air dodge off from the wave shine

Last edited:

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527

I get the same results as well with :falconmelee:.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
also @achilles minor bug report:
when playing with frame counter on, i've sometimes encountered a strange bug (doesn't seem to happen all the time, if it happens more, i'll try to come up with a better repro): percents all freeze, and are no longer changable. for instance, i'll do one ledgedash ,then the percents will never change after that. sometimes it happens before i can ever do a ledgedash. once the percents are frozen, ive been unable to change them at all, doing damage to the other characters doesn't effect their displayed damage, nor their actual damage (knockback never seems to grow). again, this only happens *sometimes*, if it keeps happening, i'll see if i can get a more repeateable setup for this. also im on 3.0
Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep my eye out for this and let me know if you find a way to make it happen 100% of the time. Does it work fine again if you exit out of the match and start a new one?
Blue pokemon stadium is green when run through dios mios, but blue when run through nintendont.

Also, do you have a link on how you do file swapping (alt costumes/hacked stages)? Do you just replace the filename in memory with your modded filename?
This is good to know! Maybe everyone should just use Nintendont...
And yeah, I just wrote code that switches filenames when when a specific action happens. So in the below picture, I would change the highlighted text to TyMapD.

Alright so I disabled cheats through the debug menu but the easter egg's are still there i.e. giant spacie guns, players seem to activate these by accident quite frequently, is there anyway to disable those as well?
No, you currently can't. Why are they holding A and B when the match is loading?
Yeah I figured that out after messing around with this more last night, just started using 20XX like 2 days ago so I'm still quite new to its functions, additionally I'm guessing that means I can't make an CPU controlled MH then?

EDIT: Nvm got my CPU MH lol

Not so worried about MH really though just figured I'd look at it, my only real issue is "Final Destination" freezing (about 3 seconds after loading)

Thanks for your reply :)
Do you have items enabled? There is a bug right now that causes FD to freeze with items on and rainbow FD on. Disable one of those.

I think certain player actions affect the "random" seed address. C. Falcon must have powerful influence over this for some reason.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep my eye out for this and let me know if you find a way to make it happen 100% of the time. Does it work fine again if you exit out of the match and start a new one?

This is good to know! Maybe everyone should just use Nintendont...
And yeah, I just wrote code that switches filenames when when a specific action happens. So in the below picture, I would change the highlighted text to TyMapD.

No, you currently can't. Why are they holding A and B when the match is loading?

Do you have items enabled? There is a bug right now that causes FD to freeze with items on and rainbow FD on. Disable one of those.
I think certain player actions affect the "random" seed address. C. Falcon must have powerful influence over this for some reason.
no it would stay like that until i reset the wii. really strange. i dont think its worth worrying about unless other ppl report it too

oh and falcon techs in place almost all the time. achilles, have you thought of doing a simple RNG on top of the number youre pulling out of that mem-loc?

a linear congruence generator is relatively easy to implement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator). i can write the asm, its only a few lines. would this actually solve the problem though? do you know if the current "rng" is often on the same value ,or is just biased torwards certain ranges?

Last edited:

Elen

Smash Lord
Just want to mention I have no issues with Pokemon Stadium using Dios Mios Lite. The only issue I've encountered in 3.00 and 3.01 is the custom skin freeze that I showed you previously. Those issues are probably related to some other piece of the wii hacking. Perhaps there's a dios mios guide out there that's providing something incorrect.

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
Just want to mention I have no issues with Pokemon Stadium using Dios Mios Lite. The only issue I've encountered in 3.00 and 3.01 is the custom skin freeze that I showed you previously. Those issues are probably related to some other piece of the wii hacking. Perhaps there's a dios mios guide out there that's providing something incorrect.
I had similar issues when running though dios mios, the fix i used was simply trying a different format (from fat32 32kb, to fat(16) 32kb)

CeLL

Smash Lord
I found a glitch. Practicing SDI'ing Fox's uair with Puff using R+Dpad up, I sometimes get stuck on Fox. Puff remains in the "grabbed" animation as Fox dairs his way across the stage.

I actually saved the savestate file that makes it happen consistently. Didn't know if that would help at all lol

Also spamming a specific SHFFL would be a great CPU command thing. So you can practice SDI's Fox's dair and Falcon's nair and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom