• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You're kidding, right? RIGHT? Are you saying that 20XX has the potential to become the ultimate Melee compilation?!
Imagine it coupled with Memory Card hacking. SD Remix would be as accessible (if not more) than P:M already is since you could just copy over someone elses data right there. IT'S THE FUTUREEEEEE

Espi

Smash Journeyman
So to switch an alternate costume already included, say Green Ranger, I have to find a green Captain Falcon alt, rename it to the Green Ranger file name and replace it?

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that with the new update, Fox doesn't shine ASAP out of Marth's uthrow.

This could be a PAL issue though, since you've added that I've not played NTSC (Thank you SO much for this btw!).

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So to switch an alternate costume already included, say Green Ranger, I have to find a green Captain Falcon alt, rename it to the Green Ranger file name and replace it?
Yes, but you technically don't need to rename it. Just open the ISO in GCR, find the trophy file to replace and right click it, hit import, then choose a green captain falcon skin.
I've noticed that with the new update, Fox doesn't shine ASAP out of Marth's uthrow.

This could be a PAL issue though, since you've added that I've not played NTSC (Thank you SO much for this btw!).
If I remember correctly, Fox shining first was more of an accident to begin with. It caused CPUs to stop DI'ing and be in a frozen execution state of doing a shine ---> wavedash in place. So I think Fox stopped doing this after I "fixed" that issue.

Shining immediately needs to be a thing, though. I hope to get this in there
when I start back up on CPU stuff.

Last edited:

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
Shining ASAP forced you to pivot regrab (a real life scenario) so I thought it was awesome. Jumping ASAP still works fine but I can now get away without pivot regrabbing.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
Can someone make a ledgetech practice video? I struggled to set it up and think I succeeded but it would help to watch someone who is better at doing this. Like . . . someone who can actually ledgetech :)

Insector

Smash Rookie
Dunno why but the alternate stage music trigger doesent work... im thinking reason for this is either that the game isnt completed or that you overwrote the code with something else.

btw cheers for putting that random stage music option tho without the alternate stage music its kinda pointless :/
So the question is.. do you know about the problem or is it caused by something else thats out of your controll?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 - Small but big suggestion! Sooooo, could we set a button combination to default the counters to something like 777% because if you time certain actions perfectly, it doesn't refresh the % whereas if you time it 1 frame off it resets to 0%. So if it is already reading 0% you don't know if you timed it perfectly or if you were 1 frame off.

For example, if your last wavedash read 3% for jump and then you did a perfect wavedash, it would still read 3%, but if it was an imperfect wavedash by 1 frame then it will read 0%. That's fine, you can just look and see if it was updated.... unless it reads 0% already and now it's hazy by 1 frame and you can't know if you did it perfectly or not :(. It seems to be this way for jumping from the ground. Idk about other actions. Releasing ledge, midair jumping, falling, etc all seem to update just fine. It's just jumping from the ground that doesn't update when done perfectly.

If we had a button that set it to some initial value that is higher than you would normally see then we effectively can see if we timed it perfectly because it would still read 777% or whatever.

If it's assigned to a button it should be something that's comfortable to press over and over again.

Also, when I quit out of a match with spoofed controllers and frame counter on in developer mode it still goes to the results screen. Could you make it skip it or make it so start button press closes out all 4 characters? I have to reset the wii or switch controllers into the ports to get past it.
I see what you're saying, because if you do a move combination frame perfect, you might not necessarily even enter certain action states (meaning the percent doesn't register any change). I'll have to think about how to remedy this situation, whether it be a toggle like you said or maybe automatically updating the percent values like the combo count timer.

And I'll try and look into why skip results is not working for develop mode. I'm hoping it's because of a check that Sham Rock put in the beginning of the code that, I think, was there to allow compatibility with starting games from the debug menu. But I've erased that feature anyway so maybe I can take it out.
Is it possible to have the Underground Maze (Link Dungeon) from adventure mode (where you must find the Triforce, and all other arenas are guarded by a Link) as a selectable level in the alternate stage selection screen?

If going as more than 1 player, there could be two alternatives:

• the link CPUs could be player 5 and 6 (like when fighting against Multi-Man, you can fight up to 5 opponents against them), so up to 4 players can travel together in the maze.

• If they can't be put to player 5 and 6: 1 human = 1 Link, 2 humans = 2 Links, 3 or 4 players no links at all

The players can also change their handicap to make that level harder to play, or not be in teams so the 1st Link Arena they fight on is a normal game (so you could choose which area to fight against), though it might be a problem for respawning.

I checked in Adventure mode, and the respawn system is working in the maze, at least for single player.

Also, I have another request:

Can we get a debug toggle that only allows boxes and barrels (both cargo items, remove capsules) with 0% explosion chance (because random explosion is stupid when it happens)? This will make the item enjoyable to use in VS. mode, like enabling only food.

I ask this because I consider capsules to be too good because of grab speed, throw speed, mobility etc.
Yes, I can make that stage selectable, but last time I checked it was buggy and going to one of those Link rooms would cause the game to freeze. I agree it would be fun, and I would love to only be able to fight on that stage as well, but I'm not sure how feasible it is at the moment. But I have a few ideas of things to investigate before losing hope.

And...idk about the cargo one. I'm sure something like that is doable but I don't have any knowledge of item hacking yet because I've just never worried about that stuff. Maybe someday but not in the near future.
hey achilles, you should put the DAIRANTOU submenu back in the debug menu. that way we have access to all the target test stages and the race to the finish stage. Maybe call it something else too like "custom match loader" idk.

Also something I have wanted to see on the special melee menu is a metal match (like in adventure mode) you just have to edit all the players player flags (I think setting them to 43 makes them metal, silent, and gives them a dark stock icon) Or just give an option in the debug menu to edit player flags, the crazy mod has that option and its a lot of fun.
Another thing I have wanted to see is the ability to play on battlefield with its underwater background.
I definitely wanted to bring back the ability to play on all those stages. It might not be the ideal way at the moment, but I may end up making a stage mod debug toggle (with all those target stages, etc. selectable) that will control what stage loads when a specific one is chosen on the Hacked SSS. So you could customize what stage is loaded when you choose Poke Floats, for example. That may be the easiest way to implement them all in at the moment.

Metal Mode is a cool idea. I stumbled upon those "player flags" in my very early hacking stages so I know how to do all that stuff (low gravity, stamina, metal). Again, I'll need to think of the best way to implement them. It would certainly be a fun addition.

I initially thought simply switching the battlefield stage ID to one from an event match that normally has that watery background would change it to do so, but it turns out that is not the case (after a brief and disappointing experiment yesterday). I have no idea how to make this happen in regular vs. matches.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Can someone make a ledgetech practice video? I struggled to set it up and think I succeeded but it would help to watch someone who is better at doing this. Like . . . someone who can actually ledgetech :)
I made another crappy instructional video using the hitbox freeze code but it failed to upload to youtube. I'll try again today.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm digging the hack pack man. Are you planning on adding more alt hacked stages?
Are you talking making new ones or adding others from this list?
The only stage hacking I have personally done is Battlefield. I don't plan on getting into other stages at the moment, but I have more plans for Battlefield because I basically have full control over the three platforms, aside from rotation (maybe). And I could change their location [slightly] every frame of the game to make them move and stuff. It will be fun to work on.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Dunno why but the alternate stage music trigger doesent work... im thinking reason for this is either that the game isnt completed or that you overwrote the code with something else.

btw cheers for putting that random stage music option tho without the alternate stage music its kinda pointless :/
So the question is.. do you know about the problem or is it caused by something else thats out of your controll?
It must be because the game isn't technically completed or something. Not really sure on that one.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Metal Mode is a cool idea. I stumbled upon those "player flags" in my very early hacking stages so I know how to do all that stuff (low gravity, stamina, metal). Again, I'll need to think of the best way to implement them. It would certainly be a fun addition.
you could inspire from the Crazy Mod:

There is a player flag settings, which input a hexadecimal number on each character slot:
0x01 Stamina mode
0x02 No Talking (highly recommended for c.falcon >

0x04 Low Gravity
0x08 Invisible (permanent cloaking device)
0x10 Black Stock Icon
0x20 Metal (permanent metal box)
0x40 Start the match on floating platform (instead of on the ground)
0x80 Controller rumble enabled
The flag 0x40 isn't needed, because it's just the visual part before the game begins, not really spawning from a platform with 2 seconds invulnerability.

Also, with the Stamina mode, you could also add a Damage Set setting, which is existing in the Crazy mod too:
• With stamina mode, the set % is instead hp remaining.
• Without stamina mode, the set % is the starting number on each stocks, which means it will be like the handicap system like brawl.

The Hexadecimal system works good because you can do all combinations of flags, but I guess you know that already.

For people who don't know this, for instance: If I want to have stamina mode, low gravity, metal, and rumble enabled, I would do 80+20+04+01 = A5 on my controller port (105 converted to hex is A5). All player flags enabled gives FF (the maximum value).

If you have any questions about that mod, I've experimented on it a lot on my GC about all the commands and stuff. (I can't help on how it's made, just on what it has)

Last edited:

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
Is there any way to disable trophy drops for the 1P modes? I really want to play All-Star mode lol.

igglybiblyjiblet

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5429-6814-5730
Are you talking making new ones or adding others from this list?
The only stage hacking I have personally done is Battlefield. I don't plan on getting into other stages at the moment, but I have more plans for Battlefield because I basically have full control over the three platforms, aside from rotation (maybe). And I could change their location [slightly] every frame of the game to make them move and stuff. It will be fun to work on.
Yeah I meant from that list and the stage texture thread. Is there a way myself to add alternate versions of a stage to it? I love the custom Battlefield btw, it is really interesting and fun to use.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I abosultely love the "Die When Rolling" feature.
Been using it for a single day and I can already notice an improvement.
How about expanding that list? I think I saw it mentioned elsewhere, but I figured I'd suggest it anyway.
-Shield Grabbing
-Slow Turnaround
-Rapid Jabbing
-UpB when grounded
-SideB
-Every single Aerial and Smash Attack. Some characters have undesireable attacks like Sheik's Fsmash, Fox' Fair and Marth's Upsmash.

Unldentified

Smash Rookie
Great work Achilles. I love this pack but is there anyway to have a copy of normal Melee and 20xx on the same SD card? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Video Instruction for Ledgetech Practice
Quality: 0/10 (again)

Lol...I love when I say to look at P2 and then he gets totally blacked out rofl.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there any way to disable trophy drops for the 1P modes? I really want to play All-Star mode lol.
Maybe. I'll try what I can.

So All-Star is a thing now?

Very Very Hard All-Star Mode [Achilles]
Code:
C20C6414 00000008
39C00000 3DE08045
61EF3130 39CE0001
1E0E0E90 7E107A14
82100000 2C100000
4182000C 3A200009
92301AF8 2C0E0005
40A2FFD4 38C00000
60000000 00000000
Makes all computers lvl 9 for every fight. Good luck.
(Don't use this code if you want to ever fight a lower level computer.)

Will somebody with a twitter tweet this to Mango?

Crin

Smash Rookie
Can anyone help me find a certain website that shows me how to operate the frame by frame? Is there even a frame by frame? I remember playing some Melee on the 20XX pack at a friend's place and he showed us how to use the frame by frame to learn things about hitboxes and frames.

I could use frame data threads, but I also wanna see this for myself.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Can anyone help me find a certain website that shows me how to operate the frame by frame? Is there even a frame by frame? I remember playing some Melee on the 20XX pack at a friend's place and he showed us how to use the frame by frame to learn things about hitboxes and frames.

I could use frame data threads, but I also wanna see this for myself.
In the debug menu, turn the debug level to "Develop". Play a match and pause. It will freeze the game. Press Z to advance frame by frame.

Crin

Smash Rookie
In the debug menu, turn the debug level to "Develop". Play a match and pause. It will freeze the game. Press Z to advance frame by frame.
Alright, and how do I exit the match without having to reset the Wii? Also, is there a way that I can get a frame counter for this mode by chance?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright, and how do I exit the match without having to reset the Wii? Also, is there a way that I can get a frame counter for this mode by chance?
X+D-Pad Up to get regular Start.
Y+D-Pad Down shows action state name and frame number.

And some of the ingame toggles interfere with the built in toggles for Develop Mode and may cause problems. I have a "guide" or whatever for this mode linked in the main post under the Debug Menu section for Debug Level.

Last edited:

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I've installed the lastest version (3.0) on Dolphin and I find it a little laggy.
I usually play Melee 1.02 on the same setup and I don't have any kind of input lag. But when I play 20XX I can't even do wavedash correctly.

I don't know if anybody has the same problem.

Great job btw.

Last edited:

DJVictor

Smash Cadet
NNID
VictorLarbi
so... i have a pal wii..and the 20xx hack pack and the game are ntsc when you follow beanwolfs guide
it just wont work whatever i do..
so it doesn't realy matter for me.. but the normal game won't work anymore either becose of dios mios
and when it loads it crashes at the stage loading screen..

can anyone tell me how to just reset everything so i can just play normaly again..?

DJVictor

Smash Cadet
NNID
VictorLarbi
so... i have a pal wii..and the 20xx hack pack and the game are ntsc when you follow beanwolfs guide
it just wont work whatever i do..
so it doesn't realy matter for me.. but the normal game won't work anymore either becose of dios mios
and when it loads it crashes at the stage loading screen..

can anyone tell me how to just reset everything so i can just play normaly again..?
i also tried to reset my wii but the game still wont load

Achilles1515

Smash Master
you could inspire from the Crazy Mod:

There is a player flag settings, which input a hexadecimal number on each character slot:

The flag 0x40 isn't needed, because it's just the visual part before the game begins, not really spawning from a platform with 2 seconds invulnerability.

Also, with the Stamina mode, you could also add a Damage Set setting, which is existing in the Crazy mod too:
• With stamina mode, the set % is instead hp remaining.
• Without stamina mode, the set % is the starting number on each stocks, which means it will be like the handicap system like brawl.

The Hexadecimal system works good because you can do all combinations of flags, but I guess you know that already.

For people who don't know this, for instance: If I want to have stamina mode, low gravity, metal, and rumble enabled, I would do 80+20+04+01 = A5 on my controller port (105 converted to hex is A5). All player flags enabled gives FF (the maximum value).

If you have any questions about that mod, I've experimented on it a lot on my GC about all the commands and stuff. (I can't help on how it's made, just on what it has)
Awesome. I didn't know exactly how that memory addres worked, so thanks for clearing that up.

The one thing I want most from the Crazy Mod is "fancy throwing" where you can do angled projectile tosses with the c-stick. That's so f***ing cool...

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just FYI, the AI is not improved in 20XX. The only differences are DI and teching, but these are not accomplished by changing the AI at all (no one knows how to change the AI) but instead it's a overwrite of what the AI says to do by directly writing to the offsets which control which DI or teching directly. It's a little hard to explain (I know this cause I wrote the DI and teching code first for Gecko but Achilles' is better). Some of these could be possible, but a new code would have to be written which is janky and just says "when this is true, make this happen." The phantasm one may be doable if we can say "when in these coordinates, when fox does a firefox animation, make phantasm happen instead." It couldn't really be smart about setting himself up for one or aiming it well. A lot of these may be possible in an indirect way like this, but each takes time and DOL space. Some like wall jumping, using shield to block, sweetspoting, and stalling requires too much situational awareness to be doable though.

Anyway what I want you to understand is the AI cannot currently be changed, though it may be worked around perhaps.

I remember hearing the current Taunt Cancel code IE made does have an impact on gameplay. I can't find the quote right now. It'd probably be best as a toggle.
My DI/teching code actually does not work in that way. I don't use the regular DI offsets that you found, but instead just force a "random" CPU joystick input as soon as P2 enters a "being hit" action state. When this happens, that one byte used for monitoring L/R presses is given a value of 0 as well, so they will tech if they hit the stage (or not tech on purpose if the parameters line up). For being u-thrown, there is a chance to do a hard left/right input or just random.

But most of what you say is basically true. I'm sort of indirectly making CPU AI by forcing "human" inputs to player 2. There's a lot of possibilities with this power and I'm confident I can make spacies side-b rather intelligently and I've been thinking of a good way to make CPUs shield. One of these days it'll happen.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I recently started using Develop mode. However I can't seem to get the camera functions to work at all. Sure I can pause and rotate+zoom like with standard mode.
It's mentioned that you can press Up on the D-Pad to gain controls over the camera and keep those settings during play. I cannot get this to work.
Can you give my step-by-step instruction on how to gain control over the camera and say pan it so it's fixed at the edge (and not the character) as well as rotating it slightly.
Thanks

Last edited:

ElRudo

Smash Rookie
I have a suggestion.
Could there be the option to make things that depends on port priority become random?
I know it kinda kills the joke "winner depends solely on port priority", but at the same time, if we expect this aspect to become so important, why not make it fair?

Keep up the good work. Is there a place to donate money for your efforts?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ,
Suggestion for "Wavedash OoS Punishment" practice using "P2 Action Spam"

Now, this code make P2 do spammed action in a row (there's no "wait" state at all, right?).
I want this spammed action to have random interval.
In addition, I hope the range of random interval can be changed by ourselves in the DEBUG MENU.

To come true, "smallest interval of P2's spammed action" and "biggest interval" are needed in the DEBUG MENU.

example 1.
   smallest interval: 0
   biggest interval: 0
the range of random spammed action is from 0 to 0 frame, so this is the same as now "P2 Action Spam".
interval is always 0 frame.

example 2.
   biggest interval: 60
the range of random spammed action is from 0 to 60 frames.
interval is from 0 to 60 frames randomly.
We shield and wait for P2's randomly timing attack, and we will react to P2's attack.
After this, we'll wavedash OoS and panish P2.

Could you make this come true?
I think this is mainly used with "P1 Choose P2 Action Spam".

I believe this will improve our offense and defense.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I recently started using Develop mode. However I can't seem to get the camera functions to work at all. Sure I can pause and rotate+zoom like with standard mode.
It's mentioned that you can press Up on the D-Pad to gain controls over the camera and keep those settings during play. I cannot get this to work.
Can you give my step-by-step instruction on how to gain control over the camera and say pan it so it's fixed at the edge (and not the character) as well as rotating it slightly.
Thanks
Last I heard, I think I broke the camera functions. Try disabling in-game code toggles and then see if they work.

I have a suggestion.
Could there be the option to make things that depends on port priority become random?
I know it kinda kills the joke "winner depends solely on port priority", but at the same time, if we expect this aspect to become so important, why not make it fair?

Keep up the good work. Is there a place to donate money for your efforts?
I imagine this would be a very difficult task to do. The reason why port priority exists is because when the game executes functions that need to happen for each player in the game, it does so in order of P1...P2..etc. Taking grabbing for example - If two players grab at the same time, it will do the "is an opponent within the grab hitbox" check for both characters, but it will execute this function for P1 first and, likewise, will hit the "an opponent is in the grab hitbox - so lets start these grab action states now" interrupt first. While it may not be impossible to change this order, there's probably a crap ton of [undocumented] functions that this would need to be tied into. So I'd say it's possible, but not feasible.

No one has ever suggested this before. I like your thinking.

And no donations at the moment.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ,
Suggestion for "Wavedash OoS Punishment" practice using "P2 Action Spam"

Now, this code make P2 do spammed action in a row (there's no "wait" state at all, right?).
I want this spammed action to have random interval.
In addition, I hope the range of random interval can be changed by ourselves in the DEBUG MENU.

To come true, "smallest interval of P2's spammed action" and "biggest interval" are needed in the DEBUG MENU.

example 1.
   biggest interval: 0
the range of random spammed action is from 0 to 0 frame, so this is the same as now "P2 Action Spam".
interval is always 0 frame.

example 2.
   biggest interval: 60
the range of random spammed action is from 0 to 60 frames.
interval is from 0 to 60 frames randomly.
We shield and wait for P2's randomly timing attack, and we will react to P2's attack.
After this, we'll wavedash OoS and panish P2.

Could you make this come true?
I think this is mainly used with "P1 Choose P2 Action Spam".

I believe this will improve our offense and defense.
I'll have to think about this one.

Top Bottom