• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Limeee

Smash Champion
my old version of 20XX used to work but this one doesn't... i followed all the steps on bean wolfs video and it seemed to work on dolphin, then i followed the extra steps at the end and put it into my wii (through sd card)

i can see the debug menu in my menu (it just went to tournament mode tho) and in the stage select i can see the special colours, but nothing is unlocked and none of the codes work

any common problems or ideas where i could have gone wrong? does my sd card that worked with the first 20xx not work with this one? booting through dios mios

thanks for making this :) the community really appreciates it

Achilles1515

Smash Master
my old version of 20XX used to work but this one doesn't... i followed all the steps on bean wolfs video and it seemed to work on dolphin, then i followed the extra steps at the end and put it into my wii (through sd card)

i can see the debug menu in my menu (it just went to tournament mode tho) and in the stage select i can see the special colours, but nothing is unlocked and none of the codes work

any common problems or ideas where i could have gone wrong? does my sd card that worked with the first 20xx not work with this one? booting through dios mios

thanks for making this :) the community really appreciates it
That sounds like you never replaced the DOL file inside the ISO. Underneath the download link on the main page, is instructions for replacing only the DOL file. Follow those and try again.

I was able to found some menu textures offsets, but i can only edit them in black and white.
Here is a modification of the main screen of the game :

Download

Use GCR to replace GmTtAllmod.usd with the new one.
Dude this is soooooooo sweet!!! Definitely going in v2.05 along with the newest little DOL mod I just finished - unrestricted camera pause.

Last edited:

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i'm so mad i cant change the logo ( actually, i can change the logo, but i can't change the purple fire overlay, each letters are separate images :/ )

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Yeah if you can change it to an input combination that would be great, because currently it keeps accidentally happening to people here too.

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I second the big gun thing being gone. It's a funny easter egg but it is constantly happening, especially when there are sheik players on the setup (like me lol) who constantly hold A whenever the match starts.

ElRudo

Smash Rookie
I followed Beanwolf's video tutorial to the letter however I encounter a problem when I try to have GCReEx unpack/repack the iso; it just tells me that there is no such file or directory in the folder, which I know is not true. Can't seem to hunt down a solution anywhere
I managed to fix it, I'm not sure what the issue was so unfortunately I'm not sure if your solution was actually helpful, but thank you either way :D
I have the same problem here. You don't any idea what you did to solve it? Please, that would be so nice!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright.. I hate to be a party pooper but this huge gun thing has to go.. LOL
a couple people I play with apperently just hold A for everyone. and in fox dittos it makes me have it too.
Yeah if you can change it to an input combination that would be great, because currently it keeps accidentally happening to people here too.
Yeah I second the big gun thing being gone. It's a funny easter egg but it is constantly happening, especially when there are sheik players on the setup (like me lol) who constantly hold A whenever the match starts.
Yeah, the big gun need to go. I cant even remember how many time i've restarted a match cause i had the big gun.
Yeah...good idea. It should never happen unless you are specifically trying to do so.

20XX 2.04 - A+B for Easter Eggs.dol
  • Affects Ganondorf Sword Mod and Spacie Big Guns.
This will be the button combination for further releases as well.

I haven't tested this (currently at work) but I'm certain it should work. Can someone please test?

If anyone is interested in the [simple] hex change that was made in the DOL, see the attached image.
  • The values highlighted in red (03) were the changes made. Two changes. They were originally 01.

Explanation:

Gamecube controller button data is stored as a 16-bit value.
The joystick, c-stick, and analog slider values are also stored as 16-bit values.

16-bit hex values have a range from 0x0000 to 0xFFFF
(so 8-bit is two hex characters [byte], 16-bit is 4 hex characters [half word], 32-bit is 8 hex characters [word])

Button values are stored in this order:
(for SSBM v1.02, one memory address this information starts at is 0x8046b108)

bbbbjjjj
ccccllrr

bbbb = buttons
jjjj = joystick
cccc = c-stick
ll = left analog slider
rr = right analog slider

bbbb -> what buttons are pressed?

1000 = START
0200 = B
0100 = A
0800 = Y
0400 = X
0010 = Z
0040 = L
0020 = R
0008 = D UP
0004 = D DOWN
0001 = D LEFT
0002 = D RIGHT

And if you are hitting multiple buttons at once, these values add.

So if A+B is pressed, the 16-bit values becomes
0100 (A) + 0200 (B) = 0300

And hence, why I changed the hex values from 01 (A) to 03 (A+B)

Using this information, and the DOL offsets shown in the attached picture, you could change it to any button combination you want.

Attachments

Last edited:

SlimStealthy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3754-6831-7372
So in my quest to install this thing, ive ran into a problem; wiiflow wont detect my usb at all. I have it in the right port, and its formatted correctly and all that. Does anyone know of a cause or solution that isnt 'my wiis usb port is broken'?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I wish CPU's tech were more frequent...
Now CPU's tech is not very good for practicing Sheik's down-throw techchase...

When Sheik down-throws space animals of CPU, cpu tumble 70-90%. And then getup-attack is also 70-90%.

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
So in my quest to install this thing, ive ran into a problem; wiiflow wont detect my usb at all. I have it in the right port, and its formatted correctly and all that. Does anyone know of a cause or solution that isnt 'my wiis usb port is broken'?
Not sure, but I had trouble with getting it to work via wiiflow also. I just used Dios Mios Booter, and it works fine now, so maybe try another booter and see if that works before trying anything else?

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Make sure the device is plugged in to the port closest to the bottom. In WiiFlow, click the home button and choose settings and make sure game source is USB1 not SD. Also make sure you're not on the Wii games page. On the bottom right, click the Gamecube icon. Then click home button and click reload cache.

SlimStealthy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3754-6831-7372
Make sure the device is plugged in to the port closest to the bottom. In WiiFlow, click the home button and choose settings and make sure game source is USB1 not SD. Also make sure you're not on the Wii games page. On the bottom right, click the Gamecube icon. Then click home button and click reload cache.
I'll try this but my wii isn't letting me select usb1 as my source, even though it's plugged in the right port.

ElRudo

Smash Rookie
To everyone having issues with the installation, I support you. It took me a full day hahaha!

When Sheik down-throws space animals of CPU, cpu tumble 70-90%. And then getup-attack is also 70-90%.
This is true in general, not just with sheik, (at least it's true with my falcon down-throw techases) and is quite a disappointment for me (even if this **** is awesome in general!!). Can it be because the new code is in conflict with the previous behavior of the CPU? It's just an idea, not like I know what I'm talking about haha.

I ran into an issue that I didn't see elsewhere. It's like if I see everything from really far. In menus, there is way more empty space on the sides than usual. But the worst is in game because we suddenly see a lot more than necessary and the characters look so small. It's hard to play like that on a small-medium tv. Any idea why I have this? Anyone having the same? =S

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master

I can make techs happen more often. I'll experiment with it.

To everyone having issues with the installation, I support you. It took me a full day hahaha!

This is true in general, not just with sheik, (at least it's true with my falcon down-throw techases) and is quite a disappointment for me (even if this **** is awesome in general!!). Can it be because the new code is in conflict with the previous behavior of the CPU? It's just an idea, not like I know what I'm talking about haha.

I ran into an issue that I didn't see elsewhere. It's like if I see everything from really far. In menus, there is way more empty space on the sides than usual. But the worst is in game because we suddenly see a lot more than necessary and the characters look so small. It's hard to play like that on a small-medium tv. Any idea why I have this? Anyone having the same? =S
idk about the TV thing. Mine seems to be normal.

Don't know if this was asked or not but can you switch between pal and NTSC with this hack?
This should theoretically be possible if we figure out all the changes that need to be made to player data to make a character act exactly like PAL.

Some of the hacks dont work such as hitboxes and fixed camera when playing in a game alone FYI
Thanks for posting about this. It has already been addressed, although I'm a little baffled as to why this is happening now, and not on earlier releases.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
This is certainly appreciated. My main gripe so far is that the CPU tries to air dodge out of hit stun way too often. To the point where they frequently kill themselves or give you free punishes.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I can make techs happen more often. I'll experiment with it.

I'm so glad to hear that.

My ideal tech proportion (my refering to real matches.)(if you can)

1. Tech or Tumble

Tech ---> 65%
Tumble ---> 35%

2. Kinds of Tech

Tech on spot ---> 55%
RollTech to go away from P1---> 30%
RollTech to approach P1 ---> 15%

3. Kinds of Getup

Attack ---> 35%
Getup ---> 10%
Roll to go away from P1 ---> 35%
Roll to approach P1 ---> 20%

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
I'm so glad to hear that.

My ideal tech proportion (my refering to real matches.)(if you can)

1. Tech or Tumble

Tech ---> 65%
Tumble ---> 35%

2. Kinds of Tech

Tech on spot ---> 55%
RollTech to go away from P1---> 30%
RollTech to approach P1 ---> 15%

3. Kinds of Getup

Attack ---> 35%
Getup ---> 10%
Roll to go away from P1 ---> 35%
Roll to approach P1 ---> 20%

the computers tech randomly pretty often, but its easy for them to get stuck in a "pattern" where they almost always miss tech ( go into tumble)

to fix it, either quit out of the match and restart, or reboot the game

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Hey back again. I did everything right. I downloaded the dolphin emulator to test the iso and it loads perfectly but i'm having a hard time getting the game to work on dios mios booter. When i go to the main menu (Dios mios) it does show the iso of melee but loads up the regular version (Yea i have my memory card removed) is there something i'm doing wrong for the umpteenth time

11Skies

Smash Cadet
Achilles or anyone here, help me make a longer tag for ssbm .
I have noticed the Achilles name tag has saved on my memory card, someone help me make my name tag long so I can save it to Mym mem card. Thank you all for your help.

Doq

Smash Lord
Achilles or anyone here, help me make a longer tag for ssbm .
I have noticed the Achilles name tag has saved on my memory card, someone help me make my name tag long so I can save it to Mym mem card. Thank you all for your help.
Speaking of the Achilles tag, is there a way to get rid of that? Kinda hard to pick my nametag with Achilles on top of it.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey back again. I did everything right. I downloaded the dolphin emulator to test the iso and it loads perfectly but i'm having a hard time getting the game to work on dios mios booter. When i go to the main menu (Dios mios) it does show the iso of melee but loads up the regular version (Yea i have my memory card removed) is there something i'm doing wrong for the umpteenth time
If you mod the files of the ISO then it should be impossible for it to load regular melee. Is it playing "regular melee" from a disc or something?

Speaking of the Achilles tag, is there a way to get rid of that? Kinda hard to pick my nametag with Achilles on top of it.
That sh**s permanent! Every time you see it, it should give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Anyway - working on the SDI thing right now. I think the solution is made. Gotta do some testing.

Last edited:

11Skies

Smash Cadet
If you mod the files of the ISO then it should be impossible for it to load regular melee. Is it playing "regular melee" from a disc or something?

That sh**s permanent! Every time you see it, it should give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Anyway - working on the SDI thing right now. I think the solution is made. Gotta do some testing.
Achilles at least tell me how to use hex data/binary to make my name on melee longer, or tell me how you did it, or guide me through but pls. It saved onto my memory card, so I can use it in live-gaming a real name instead of 4 character tags, I think this might be big.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman

Yea it keeps loading regular melee. yet everytime i load it in on the dolphin emulator it boots right up perfectly

Last edited:

11Skies

Smash Cadet

What he means is that if your iso is properly modded, it would never load regular melee because it's altered, you likely didn't mod it properly.

11Skies

Smash Cadet
So I'd like to restate myself since it seems I've been dodged.

Achilles is more than 4 characters long and can be used as a name.
Explain to me how you edited the game's code to make Achilles work properly.
Show me how I can do it.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
What he means is that if your iso is properly modded, it would never load regular melee because it's altered, you likely didn't mod it properly.
I did mod it properly. It loads fine on the dolphin emulator but will not load under wiiflow/Dios-Mios-booter.

Top Bottom