• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
i installed 2.07-2 and my salty runback still doesn't work

anyone else having this problem?
Confirmed working on mine. Might just want to try starting from scratch again.

Is there any way to force 20xx to automatically turn FLASH NO L to 2 without going into Debug Menu?
That toggle should save onto your memory card!

reference:masterganon video

youtu.be/j4lAgp40Q1g

This file is for v1.02
Lol I can't stop watching this. You need to make some tutorials.

In 2.07 (not the later patches with Marth F-Smash mods), the period has that same jank for me. I don't remember the space being glitched though.
Thanks for giving input. It's happening on my girlfriend's TV as well. I *think* I remember when I first noticed it, so I'll have to run some tests to try and pinpoint the problem. I think it happened when I changed the wireframe names from

ZAKA otoko -> M Wirefrme

&

ZAKA onna -> F Wirefrme

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Well I was just messing around with 20XX 2.07-2....is "Save" save state (D-Pad Right) causing the game to freeze for you guys?

ugh

hmmm I wonder if I am saving data to the same place I reinjected the CPU training mode stuff.

EDIT: yep, this is exactly whats happening. Sorry.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have some requests for features, if they're possible to implement:
• Add an in-game toggle for up smash out of shield (I want to practice causing the invisible ceiling glitch).
• Add an in-game toggle for player 1 to display player 2's hitboxes (mostly to look at the CPU's hitboxes when they're using the action spam).
• Add an in-game toggle for making the player 2 CPU hold crouch (to practice crouch-cancel related things).
• Allow alternate characters (Sheik, SoPo, ect.) to be toggled on the character select screen for CPUs instead of just for humans. I know that you can toggle them as a human and then just change the port back into a CPU but that requires a controller and is more awkward.
• Make frame advance during pause usable without having to switch to develop mode (mostly because the develop mode ingame codes conflict with the hack pack's codes).
U-Smash OoS: I'll eventually get this in there when I redo the P2 action stuff. But won't be real soon.

I definitely agree that I need to add P1 toggling P2 hitbox. If you're referring to the F-Smash "Special" Spam, I think I need to make a fix for that one and I think i'll add it in specific action. But there needs to be a universal toggle. You can go into Develop mode and use R+D-Pad Up to toggle it for P2 (all players). Some of my button activators overlap with Develop mode ones which sucks and causes unwanted actions to happen.

Crouch is the same as U-Smash OoS and definitely needs to be added.

For the alternate characters, what you want can be done. Just have yourself (P1, I'm assuming) toggle an alternate character on. And then just grab the CPUs token and move it to that character. You don't need more than one controller.

Frame advance...I would love to add this feature in normal gameplay, but I have no idea how it is implemented by the game. Like I said earlier in this thread at some point, if it is just a simple flag value meaning on or off, then it would be easy to implement. Finding that value would be the harder part.

Itaru

MasterGanon
Wow. This is ridiculously cool. Does the game framerate drop when playing on a Wii as well? I really have no idea how you would fix that problem, though, and if it's even possible.

These graphic effects are insane. How do you add item effects onto character moves? Can you add a bombomb explosion to a sweetspotted Falcon knee???
Effect is 28000000 format.
It is 20bite.
28000000 AAAA0000 0000BB00 CC00DD00 EE00FF00

A is effect number.
Bombomb effect is 0410.
B is y axis and C is X axis.(I don't know Z axis.)
D,E,F is extent of x,y,z axis.

If you want to add bombomb effect in 10 frame after you inputting command,
0800000A 28000000 04100000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Effect is 28000000 format.
It is 20bite.
28000000 AAAA0000 0000BB00 CC00DD00 EE00FF00

A is effect number.
Bombomb effect is 0410.
B is y axis and C is X axis.(I don't know Z axis.)
D,E,F is extent of x,y,z axis.

If you want to add bombomb effect in 10 frame after you inputting command,
0800000A 28000000 04100000 00000000 00000000 00000000
This is amazing stuff, I think it needs its own thread, and maybe a complete guide. :3 BTW I tested your ganondorf mod and it works on the wii, but the Nair and downsmash both crash the game. Also, how do change the size of effects?

Last edited:

Itaru

MasterGanon
Lol I can't stop watching this. You need to make some tutorials.
I'm a 浪人生(rounin-sei).
This meaning called the student who failed in the university examination.
And,I made The masterganon in my high school's computer.I don't have my computer and I using iPhone now.
I will make tutorials in next year April.
Sorry.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm working on this right now actually. Should be done soon.
Random memory offsets I wrote down awhile ago. Edit these values at the character select screen, before starting a match.

byte at 0x480825 = P1 spawn point details
each proceeding character slot is +0x24 from this location. (So P2 spawn point detail byte is at 0x480849)

FF=default value - normal spawn point dependent on what controller port the character is
00=P1 Spawn point
01=P2 Spawn Point
02=P3 Spawn Point
03=P4 Spawn Point
04=Spawn in middle of stage, on stage
05=P1 Spawn Point + extra height
06=P2 Spawn Point + extra height
07&08=P3 Spawn Point + extra height
09= P4 Spawn Point + extra height
0A and higher = Spawn far offstage to the right

(there actually may be something more than just spawning far offstage to the right between the values of 0A and FF. I doubt I tested them all...)

Last edited:

Itaru

MasterGanon
This is amazing stuff, I think it needs its own thread, and maybe a complete guide. :3 BTW I tested your ganondorf mod and it works on the wii, but the Nair and downsmash both crash the game. Also, how do change the size of effects?
OK.I will make own thread and write all things I know.

Crash? hmmm...
It didn't crash on Dolphin...

I didn't change size of effects.Very very big shock wave effect is 00F3.
It isn't used effect in SSBM!!!!!!!!!!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
OK.I will make own thread and write all things I know.

Crash? hmmm...
It didn't crash on Dolphin...

I didn't change size of effects.Very very big shock wave effect is 00F3.
It isn't used effect in SSBM!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have a list of all the effects?

00F4 is some weird blackish clouds that I've never seen.
Wow, there's a lot of really weird ones.

0415 is glacier freeze that stays with that character for the rest of the game lol

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Random memory offsets I wrote down awhile ago. Edit these values at the character select screen, before starting a match.

byte at 0x480825 = P1 spawn point details
each proceeding character slot is +0x24 from this location. (So P2 spawn point detail byte is at 0x480849)

FF=default value - normal spawn point dependent on what controller port the character is
00=P1 Spawn point
01=P2 Spawn Point
02=P3 Spawn Point
03=P4 Spawn Point
04=Spawn in middle of stage, on stage
05=P1 Spawn Point + extra height
06=P2 Spawn Point + extra height
07&08=P3 Spawn Point + extra height
09= P4 Spawn Point + extra height
0A and higher = Spawn far offstage to the right

(there actually may be something more than just spawning far offstage to the right between the values of 0A and FF. I doubt I tested them all...)
with this could you make an option to have random spawn points like in PM?

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Thank you for replying, Achilles (and thank you for making the 20XX pack and replying so thoroughly to everyone in this thread).

Earlier in the thread you said that the "FLASH NO L" toggle should save onto the memory card. This doesn't happen for me. I can get some things to save, and other things won't save at all; trophies save, debug mode toggles don't, versus mode records did save at least once (since I have a record of 3 matches taking place) but have not saved for a long time. I can't remember what other things save so I'll check and edit it in.

I'm using a new save created when I first started the 20XX pack, on an otherwise blank memory card purchased in Europe on a PAL Wii (though the Wii has a region-free hack), although I don't imagine there are any differences between memory cards in different regions. I have tried going back to the menu and then to the start screen to make the game save but that didn't seem to work.

I would also like to know whether saving while using the 20XX pack to a memory card that has a PAL Melee save on it will break anything.

Also, I have a few more bugs to report but they haven't happened often enough for me to really be able to tell what's going on:
• At some point when playing a CPU Fox with in-game codes turned off, while the Fox was in the air (it may have been just as it left hitstun, I can't remember), it spontaneously teleported onto the ground next to me and started dashing back and forth inside of me (like what happens sometimes with the action states). It looked almost exactly like a save state was loaded despite the toggle being off and me not doing any of the inputs to save or load.
• Again when the in-game codes were turned off and I didn't try to use any of them anyway, after a Fox was knocked down, instead of getting up in place and shining it got up and started doing short hopped aerials and missing the L-cancels until it was hit, at which point it would start acting normally again. It was a few weeks ago so I can't remember whether it was doing it in place or moving across the stage, nor whether it shined or not. Once this started it didn't stop until I quit the match (though occasionally after knocking it down again the actions would be slightly different) and hasn't happened again since.

Bugs that have happened more often and consistently:
• CPU Foxes knocked offstage will quite frequently shine, then immediately jump cancel it and then air dodge down (causing them to die) when they get out of hitstun.
• CPU Foxes knocked offstage will occasionally shine repeatedly when they get out of hitstun until they fall to their deaths (this happens more rarely than the first point).
• CPU Foxes knocked offstage will occasionally repeatedly shoot lasers when they get out of hitstun (this seems to be slightly rarer than the second point).

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Earlier in the thread you said that the "FLASH NO L" toggle should save onto the memory card. This doesn't happen for me. I can get some things to save, and other things won't save at all; trophies save, debug mode toggles don't, versus mode records did save at least once (since I have a record of 3 matches taking place) but have not saved for a long time. I can't remember what other things save so I'll check and edit it in.
Use the latest 2.07. It should have memory card saving on it.
I'm using a new save created when I first started the 20XX pack, on an otherwise blank memory card purchased in Europe on a PAL Wii (though the Wii has a region-free hack), although I don't imagine there are any differences between memory cards in different regions. I have tried going back to the menu and then to the start screen to make the game save but that didn't seem to work.
There are actually a lot of differences between region memory cards; I'm pretty sure they're all in the filesystem however.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 we just had neutral start drama at zenith. it occurs to me one of the most important and simple tweaks can still be done, and would be super useful for tournaments. if there are only 2 players, the spawn points are the neutral start positions. the neutral start list is here:

http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
Why isn't port 1 and port 2 a neutral start for Pokemon Stadium?

Edit: And more importantly, would you guys be offended if the Force Neutral Start hack had them start on the platforms anyways?

Last edited:

OninO

Smash Journeyman
I think force neutral is fine almost wherever they start as long as it's a mirror about the centreline of the stage. I can't think of any legal stages that aren't mirrors about the centre so you could put both players on the platforms, or both on the ground, whatever works.

Edit: Whoops except FoD of course, that would have to be on the ground. Even then for some charas the side you get would matter in terms of the platform height.

Last edited:

OnStrings

Smash Rookie
I was previously using the 2.06 version I downloaded off of BeanWolf's youtube tutorial, and he had the Marth alt costume as the fancy blue one in Brawl. If I wanted to change your zombie-looking one to his blue one, how would I go about this?

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
This is kind of a scrub question, but it's completely safe to use a memory card with the hack pack, correct?

My apologies if this has been answered before - I'm seeing a good amount of talk about memory card saving.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
This is kind of a scrub question, but it's completely safe to use a memory card with the hack pack, correct?

My apologies if this has been answered before - I'm seeing a good amount of talk about memory card saving.
Yeah it's completely fine, as long as you're cool with the first name on your Melee data being replaced with 'Achilles'.

I ended up just editing my iso so that instead of it being GALE01 it's GALEXX, giving the 20XX iso it's own save data. I wish I had done it sooner so I could have kept my name, though.

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE

I promise the Forced Neutral Spawns hack is 99% complete. It works with any possible combination of two ports and on all the tournament legal stages. All I need to know now is where people want to spawn on FoD. As of now, every "tri-platform" stage has it spawns set like this (p1 and p2 act as the neutral spawns whenever only 2 players (or even CPUs) are playing).

--P3--
--P1--.......... --P2--
_____ P4______

The issue is whether or not it's fair to have one player spawn on a higher or lower platform. It is possible to move the spawns to the floor if that's what you guys want. I'll post this in one of the competitive forum as well but just let me know what you guys think.

Edit: The periods are only there because I can't format for my life.

Last edited:

OninO

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I'm seeing things, but is there a delay as you go down the ports list. So P1 and P2 spawn at almost the same time, but P4 spawns noticeably later than P1. Or am I crazy?

Edit: I doubt it matters at all.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I'm seeing things, but is there a delay as you go down the ports list. So P1 and P2 spawn at almost the same time, but P4 spawns noticeably later than P1. Or am I crazy?

Edit: I doubt it matters at all.
Yes, as Melee spawns players one at a time, even when there is nothing there, so there is a time gap.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
To patch my current 20xx with the new update w/ Marth's special fsmash and lowercase letters, do I rename the "
20XX 2.07-2 Training Freeze Fix" file to Start.dol and patch my ISO with it?

Juanpi

Smash Rookie
Anybody know if it's safe to use this on my 4.3 wii? or do i have to downgrade lower? if i do, then what's reccomended?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I was previously using the 2.06 version I downloaded off of BeanWolf's youtube tutorial, and he had the Marth alt costume as the fancy blue one in Brawl. If I wanted to change your zombie-looking one to his blue one, how would I go about this?
Replace TyLink.dat with whatever Marth texture you want. It has to be a replacement for his normal costume, though. (So one that would normally replace PlMsNr.dat)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
To patch my current 20xx with the new update w/ Marth's special fsmash and lowercase letters, do I rename the "
If you already have a 2.07 ISO, all you need to do is open up GCR, navigate to the Start.dol file in the file tree, right click it and hit import and then just point it to the new DOL. You only need to rename it if you are doing the whole rebuild process, which is not necessary when replacing just the DOL.

I promise the Forced Neutral Spawns hack is 99% complete. It works with any possible combination of two ports and on all the tournament legal stages. All I need to know now is where people want to spawn on FoD. As of now, every "tri-platform" stage has it spawns set like this (p1 and p2 act as the neutral spawns whenever only 2 players (or even CPUs) are playing).

--P3--
--P1--.......... --P2--
_____ P4______

The issue is whether or not it's fair to have one player spawn on a higher or lower platform. It is possible to move the spawns to the floor if that's what you guys want. I'll post this in one of the competitive forum as well but just let me know what you guys think.

Awesome! Did you use any of the offsets I gave you?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
There are instructions on the main page on how to replace the dol. Just open gc-tool or gcrebuilder
If you already have a 2.07 ISO, all you need to do is open up GCR, navigate to the Start.dol file in the file tree, right click it and hit import and then just point it to the new DOL. You only need to rename it if you are doing the whole rebuild process, which is not necessary when replacing just the DOL.

Awesome! Did you use any of the offsets I gave you?
Yep. Without those (and IE's stage hacking guide) this code would've taken so much longer to make.

Juanpi

Smash Rookie
I followed all the steps in the instuctions but when I load the game in Dios Mios, I just get a black screen. Any help?

Kou

Smash Apprentice

--P3--
--P1--.......... --P2--
_____ P4______

It would be more awesome if it is also be applied to DOUBLES.

Current Forced Neutral Spawns
------
---1---........---2---

When in the "doubles" mode (ideally)
------
--R1---........--B1---
__R2_________B2__

*R1/R2 = Red Team Player-1 / Player-2
*B1/B2 = Blue Team Player-1 / Player-2

Last edited:

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
Small tiny minor tweak request: When you select the wireframe, can you set it to is uses the BEST announcer voice in the game? "
FIGHTING WIRE FRAME!"???

I would love that so much.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Small tiny minor tweak request: When you select the wireframe, can you set it to is uses the BEST announcer voice in the game? "
FIGHTING WIRE FRAME!"???

I would love that so much.
When does he normally say that? I *believe* I know how to make this happen. I just need to know the Sound Effect ID number for it.

Or directions of how to find it in sound test would be good

Last edited:

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
When does he normally say that? I *believe* I know how to make this happen. I just need to know the Sound Effect ID number for it.

yeah the narrator actually does say "fighting wire frames." In the sound test, under "narration" it is sound #45. He also says "master hand," thats sound #64

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman

He doesn't ever actually say it in any normal circumstance, just like with Gigabowser, but the post above this answers your question about the Sound Test though.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
It would be more awesome if it is also be applied to DOUBLES.

Current Forced Neutral Spawns
------
---1---........---2---

When in the "doubles" mode (ideally)
------
--R1---........--B1---
__R2_________B2__

*R1/R2 = Red Team Player-1 / Player-2
*B1/B2 = Blue Team Player-1 / Player-2
To move R2 and B2 to the bottom/main floor, I'd have to change the stage file itself which means those would be spawns even when you aren't playing doubles (well only 3 or 4 person ffa). I'm fine with that but is everyone else?

But the team in the works, P2's team value is very buggy while the other 3 players function predictably 100% of the time. Once I figure out what's wrong, I'll post the code.

Edit: Gotta go to work, code is done, stage hacking is not.

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ,
Could you tell me the adress of action state value of "(L+D-Pad Right) P2 Nair OoS" ?
For example, I would like P2 to Dair OoS.

Also, I would like to know how to change the rate of "(L+D-Pad Down) P2 Random C-Stick Buffer OoS / Roll Backwards OoS".
P2 will do Nair when P2 Jump OoS in this code, right?
Then I also would like to change Nair to Dair or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom